non Christians in heaven ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
how did they got there or will get there - lets see there was the thief on the cross. there was Nicodemus, Joseph husband of Mary, Joseph of Arimathae, Mary mother of Jesus, Peter and Paul and all the other Apostles and disciples, John the Baptist etc - twinc

Reactions: Mayflower

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how did they got there or will get there - lets see there was the thief on the cross. there was Nicodemus, Joseph husband of Mary, Joseph of Arimathae, Mary mother of Jesus, Peter and Paul and all the other Apostles and disciples, John the Baptist etc - twinc

They walked, i am pretty sure

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is an interesting question to think about though.

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord."
1 Thessalonians 4:16‭-‬17 NASB

I imagine floating/rising up in the air.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
This is an interesting question to think about though.

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord."
1 Thessalonians 4:16‭-‬17 NASB

I imagine floating/rising up in the air.

do you mean we will have qualified and earned our wings - twinc

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
according to the bible it is possible to go to heaven without being a christian(i will have to research the scripture for you). there are people that have never heard of God and yet do the right things. the bible tells us those people will be judged by their works. i believe paul talks of this if i remember correctly.

God bless

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Way To Be Saved – Charles Spurgeon
by Charles Spurgeon

The way to be saved is to come to Christ. Christ is a person, a living person, full of power to save. He has not placed his salvation in sacraments, or books, or priests, but he has kept it in himself; and if you want to have it you must come to him. He is still the one source and fountain of eternal mercy. There is no getting it by going round about him, or only going near to him: you must come to him, actually to him, and there must be a personal contact established between the Lord Jesus and your spirit. Of course it cannot be a natural contact, for his body is in the heavens and we are here; but it must be a spiritual contact, by which your mind, heart, thought, shall come to Christ, and faith, like a hand, shall touch him spiritually, grasp him by believing upon him, and receive life and grace from his divine power.

Just as when the woman of old touched his garment’s hem, the virtue went out of him to her, and she was healed; so now, though he be yonder, faith’s long hand can touch his divine and human person, by confiding, trusting, and resting in him, and so virtue will flow from him into our soul, (body), and our mind shall be healed of whatsoever disease it hath.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21-23 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Ephesians 2:8-10 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

James 2:18-26 18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder. 20You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone. 25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Romans 3:28 28For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Romans 9:31-32 But Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone,

Galatians 2:16 Nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you mean we will have qualified and earned our wings - twinc

I guess I left out the "non" in the title. Oops!!! But no, not wings. But I am sure our glorified bodies can do a lot more then we can now.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
more than likely for you will never get to heaven in an old Ford car for an old Ford car wont go that far - twinc

Well, i certainly wont get there in my subaru Legacy......4,500 dollars to fix everything. I just asked for the radiator cap and let the mechanic have the car