O J is dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I recall it was an interesting trial and I guess it is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear his name. Not sure it will hit the news over here that much. I do hate it when someone famous or Royal dies as they just go over and over that same thing for days sometimes - excuse the pun, but it is often overkill !

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before the trial, Simpson was a great and charismatic sports hero of the 1st order - along with Muhammad Ali and Wilt Chamberlain.

The trial revealed to those not fooled by the race baiting that he was a double murderer with a literal trail of blood from the murder scene via custom $1,000 shoe prints in blood, to his car to bloody socks in his bedroom. 100% this is why he lost the +$30M civil suit for wrongful death.

After the trials regarding the murders, he never redeemed himself. The Vegas armed robbery, for which he finally went to prison for years, cemented the fall of the super star.

What a shame.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember watching the trial, was amazed he got away with it, loved Muhammad Ali, he was on our screens a lot in the UK. Never heard of Wilt Chamberlain though ( have to look him up )

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Wrangler - just looked Wilt up, sadly the only basket ball players that I ever knew growing up were The Harlem Globetrotters x

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler - just looked Wilt up
Wilt was once asked who was greater, him or Jordan. His answer was profound.

He said, when they change the rules of basketball in response to Jordan’s dominance, then we’ll talk. The legend of the greatest basketball player of all time.

OJ ran over 2,000 yards. Nowadays, it a big accomplishment if a running back runs 1,000 yards in a season with more games.

Reactions: Lambano

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the footage of when the verdict was read. F. Lee Bailey and Robert Kardashian look back at OJ and then look at each other like they're thinking, dude, you actually got away with it. lol

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love the footage of when the verdict was read. F. Lee Bailey and Robert Kardashian look back at OJ and then look at each other like they're thinking, dude, you actually got away with it. lol
Yes, it was one of the first trials that I watched Live, along with Louise Woodward ( British Nanny ) It was fascinating. I think everyone was surprised when the verdict was read out, felt sorry for her family ( OJ wife’s family ) x

Reactions: Cassandra

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OJ may not have done it.

A few days before Nicole was murdered, OJ's son had a big argument with her in a restaurant and in front of numerous people he screamed that he was going to kill her.

Many have never been told about this and the cops never investigated this since they were not really interested in getting the actual truth once the media circus began.

It's very possible that OJ's son did it and OJ came to the scene to help clean up and protect his son from becoming a suspect.

That would explain why the only physical evidence they had against OJ was one small drop of Nicole's blood in his vehicle

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He may be paying for it now.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

:(

It's sad that a man acquitted of a murder his then ill health could not have let him accomplish is talked about in this way here.

May God comfort his grieving family. And rest his soul to peace.

Only God knows if OJ is coming home. Who are we to judge now,when some don't respect the judgement of those who set him free?

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OJ may not have done it.

A few days before Nicole was murdered, OJ's son had a big argument with her in a restaurant and in front of numerous people he screamed that he was going to kill her.

Many have never been told about this and the cops never investigated this since they were not really interested in getting the actual truth once the media circus began.

It's very possible that OJ's son did it and OJ came to the scene to help clean up and protect his son from becoming a suspect.

That would explain why the only physical evidence they had against OJ was one small drop of Nicole's blood in his vehicle
That could also explain the 2nd pair of footprints tracked through the blood toward the back.

For myself I have always thought there were too many unexplained things for me to vote guilty....and I listened to the trial almost every day.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That could also explain the 2nd pair of footprints tracked through the blood toward the back.

For myself I have always thought there were too many unexplained things for me to vote guilty....and I listened to the trial almost every day.

The downside of the case becoming such a circus is there was a lot of pressure on the cops and the DA's office to go with the first suspect and since OJ did have the car chase in his bronco, he pretty sealed the deal for him to be the prime suspect.

I agree though, there were some unanswered questions so it's possible OJ did not actually do it.

B Ut, if his son did do it and he was helping his son get away with it then he's an accessory after the fact which is a serious felony that would result in a few years in the pokey

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? There was overwhelming physical evidence. Even one of the jurors said once you get past the mountain of blood (evidence).

His custom made $1,000 shoe foot prints were at the seen.

Bloody socks soaked with her blood were found at the foot of his bed + more than merely 1 drop of Nicole’s blood in his vehicle.

More physical evidence was the wound on his finger + the bloody glove found on his property.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It could explain why OJ said he was sorry when standing over Nicole's coffin.

Apologizing for his son. It could also be why he left the note before taking off with Al in the Bronco. Saying he was sorry for the man he'd become.
Given his abusive behavior could have been thought yo have led his son to violent acts because he witnessed that behavior in his dad.

The sticking cap found at the scene had hair on the fibers that did not match OJ. But did match via DNA a close relative.

Ron was a martial arts black belt. His knuckles showed he fought with his attacker.

An arthritic man could not have overcome that.

It was either the son. Or,Vivian dealers looking for Nicole and her former roommate who owed huge money for outstanding cocaine debt.

Nicole's throat was cut in such a wAy as to be labeled a Columbian necktie. It's intended to send a message. Which in this case could have been that she would not tell them where Faye R. had moved to.

Either way,it's tragic that OJ was exonerated in court and yet the accusations against him followed till the day he died.