Olivet Discourse revisited

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was not a single conversation nor was any part of the OD about the temple. The temple is not mentioned a single time in any of the gospels that recorded the OD.
That's like saying a pronoun cannot be related to the noun it represents because the noun it represents is not mentioned when a pronoun is used.
1) Jack Smith went to the ocean.
2) He went to the ocean.

Therefore, the person who went to the ocean was not Jack Smith because he is not mentioned in #2. False!

It was one conversation between Jesus and his Disciples between the temple where the conversation started and the Mount of Olives where Jesus answered questions about "it," the temple.

Matt 24.1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

Luke 21.5 Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, 6 “As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down.”
7 “Teacher,” they asked, “when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?”

In both accounts, Matt 24 and Luke 21, the conversation had begun in the temple area where the Disciples called Jesus' attention to the temple buildings. In Matthew's version, they were clearly departing from the temple. In Luke's version, they had clearly been in the temple area. But Matthew made it clear that they were leaving the temple area when they called Jesus' attention to the temple buildings.

So this is a conversation about the temple as they were departing that area. And in all versions Jesus' response to this is his claim that the temple would be completely destroyed. In all versions this prompts several questions from the Disciples as they reach the Mount of Olives, which was a short distance from where they had been told this near the temple.

In all versions they asked Jesus when this event would take place, referring to Jesus' claim that the temple would be utterly destroyed. You say the temple is not mentioned, but that is the inferred object being asked about.

You may want to argue that it isn't the sun coming up in the morning because that strange hot, bright orb doesn't have the word "sun" spelled on it, but everybody else in the room knows different! I know you're not stupid, so clearly, you're just plain stubborn!

Reactions: covenantee and WPM

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would help if you actually read other people's posts before responding. I agree that that “the beast,” “antichrist” and the “mystery of iniquity” will be on the go right up until the second coming, but what I am saying, and where you are disagreeing is that they have been on the go since before John's day and will be on the go till the second coming. Why do you not address the fact that they have been alive for thousands of years? I think you realize that it would destroy your narrative.

I will try and get you to acknowledge and address the clear evidence, although I am not confident. This alone negates your claims.

That spirit of antichrist

1 John 2:18-23: “Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”

This passage supports the idea that antichrist has existed throughout the intra-Advent period. John describes that time as the last days.

1 John 4:1-3, 5-6: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world … They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.”

Here is more proof that antichrist existed back in Bible times. This fits with what Revelation says of the beast. John testifies: “even now already is it in the world.” Antichrist cannot obviously be some wicked leader that is raised up to reign in the last 7 years, last 3 ½ years or last few years before the Lord's return. He must be an influence or agency that has been working in the hearts of evil men for many centuries. Evidently, no wicked human has survived since John's day!

2 John 1:7: “For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.”

Antichrist is clearly not limited to one man at the end as Futurists argue. Antichrist covers the full gamut of those belonging to the devil.

The mystery of iniquity (or lawlessness)

Paul explains in 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12 of his day, For the mystery of iniquity [Gr. lawlessness] doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

The first thing we here is that “the mystery of iniquity” was alive and kicking 2000 years ago. Paul confirms what Revelation 17:8 and Revelation 17:11-13 is expressing that this entity was functioning in his day. This baleful influence is not some has evidently been around for a long time. Saying all this, he is depicted as being restrained in this New Testament age up until the end when the restraint will be taken off him. This is clearly talking about his ongoing existence throughout the new covenant era albeit in a curtailed manner. This must confirm the restrained consequences that enveloped the whole kingdom of darkness as a result of the earthly ministry of Christ.
Your claim the bad guy seen is a general (Spirit) of Antichrist that has been alive for thousands of years is "False"

You have been clearly shown that he will be cast "Living" into the lake fire, Revelation 19:20, his "His Body" is destroyed and given to the burning flame Daniel 7:11

"His Body" read it again and again, and "His Body" isn't 2,000 years old

Daniel 7:8-11KJV
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Paul's (Man Of Sin) Present On Earth At The Second Coming

2 Thessalonians 2:3-8KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

John's (The Beast) Present On Earth At The Second Coming

"Cast Alive" Living, read it again and again

Revelation 19:19-20KJV
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim tge bad guy is (A Spirit) that has been alive for thousands of years is "false"

You gave clearly been shown that he will be cast "Living" into the lake fire Revelation 19:20, his "Body" is destroyed and given to the burning flame Daniel 7

You are obviously under severe pressure. You cannot even address each argument.

Does a whore have a body?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not answering my Point again.

But what human is possibly going to get the allegiance of all false religious, all carnal political parties, every single tribe, ethnic group, culture and nation?

Revelation 13:18 declares: “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.”

Futurists use this verse as evidence that the beast is actually a human being. But what they overlook is that in contrast to what many people teach, 666 is the number of “man,” not the number of “a man.” There is no “a” in the original Greek. It was added by the translators, most of whom believed the Pope was thee antichrist. The Greek simply reads: gár (for) esti (it is) arithmós (number) anthrōpos (man) kai (and) hautou (his) arithmós (number) chi xi sigma (666).

The word for man here (“anthropos”) is the generic word for mankind, which includes men and women. Six is actually the number of man; it is the number of the flesh. 666 is therefore the number of mankind, not a individual man. 666 in some way illustrates the absolute hopelessness of those that have crossed over the line of reprobation. All those that have been reprobated have finally been given up to their own lusts, whereas those that are “in Christ Jesus … walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1). It is they that refuse the mark of the beast and have their names “written in the book of life from the foundation of the world” (Revelation 17:8).
(The Beast) will be "A Man" Revelation 13:8 that has a literal living body as post #42 above clearly teaches, you aren't going to Change God's clear words "His Body Destroyed" in Daniel 7:11, "Cast Alive" into the lake of fire Revelation 19:20

Both Daniel and John's account's are in "Perfect Agreement" your reformed preterist interpretation "Fails"

Bend, Twist, Tear

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Beast has a literal living body, just as Daniel 7:11 and Revelation 19:20 in post #42 teaches

Your reformed preterist interpretation fails

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The whore is a mystery that is revealed in the context of scripture, just as (The Beast) is a mystery revealed

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who then is “in them that perish” (2 Thessalonians 2:10)?
You have been clearly answered as seen below, your continued promotion of the errors in reformed preterist eschatology, is no different than pre-millennialist in their claims of a future kingdom on this earth

Your claim is false and twisting the words of scripture

It doesn't state the Man Of Sin is "In Them" as you claim, "In Them" refers to those that perish, as you bend, twist, tear at God's words of truth "Sad"!

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10KJV
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you avoid Points 4?

I will repeat it:

There is nowhere in Scripture that shows human beings in the abyss (Luke 8:31, Romans 10:7, Revelation 9:1, 2, 11, 11:7, 17:8, and 20:1, 3). Any time it is mentioned, it is shown to be the exclusive abode of Satan and his demons.
The (Man Of Sin) (The Beast) is the (Son) of Satan who comes out of perdition, his evil works are after Satan, he isn't Satan himself

It's my belief Satan himself will inhabit the literal human body of this evil human man

As you have been clearly shown in post #42 he will be a literal human with a living body

2 Thessalonians 2:9KJV
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, so you want to spiritualize the sea when it suits your argument but literalize the beast when it suits your opinions. This does not add up. So, it is definitely not a man coming out of the sea.

I actually agree that sea represents people, but you cannot even acknowledge this beast has been on the go for centuries. Every direction you look, your beliefs crumble apart under scrutiny.
I disagree with your continued reformed preterist claims that (The Beast) is a general (Spirit) of Antichrist

As post #42 has clearly shown, (The Beast) will have a literal living body, that will be cast living into the lake of fire

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hal Lindsey is an "Adulterer" being married to a 4th woman while his wife lives
What about your own sins? Should Hal Lindsey be exposing you? What a bunch of Malarkey. Stick with the subject which has nothing to do with Lindsey.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about your own sins? Should Hal Lindsey be exposing you? What a bunch of Malarkey. Stick with the subject which has nothing to do with Lindsey.
The OP is based around the figure of (Hal Lindsey) my sins have absolutely nothing to do with the facts seen below, Hal Lindsey is a "Corrupt Tree"

Hal Lindsey is an "Adulterer" being married to a 4th woman (Jolyn) while his wife lives

Hal Lindsey is a "Corrupt Tree" and can't bring forth good fruit, not my words but those of Jesus Christ my Lord seen below

Matthew 7:16-18KJV
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The (Man Of Sin) (The Beast) is the (Son) of Satan who comes out of perdition, his evil works are after Satan, he isn't Satan himself

It's my belief Satan himself will inhabit the literal human body of this evil human man

As you have been clearly shown in post #42 he will be a literal human with a living body

You've not proved anything apart from you are an expert at avoidance and name-calling. That is what you cloak your posts in.

Now address the evidence.

There is nowhere in Scripture that shows human beings in the abyss (Luke 8:31, Romans 10:7, Revelation 9:1, 2, 11, 11:7, 17:8, and 20:1, 3). Any time it is mentioned, it is shown to be the exclusive abode of Satan and his demons.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You prove it. Show us where the saints meet the Lord in the air within the Olivet Discourse.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 Isn't A Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Dont Be Deceived​

The main scripture used by supporters of the (Pre-Trib Rapture) is 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, this is nothing more than the (Second Coming) (Last Day) resurrection, not a (Pre-Trib Rapture), don't be deceived

1. Is a resurrection of the believer seen in 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, 100% Yes!

2. Does this resurrection take place on the (Last Day) as Jesus Christ taught below in John 6:39-40, 100% Yes!

3. Is the (Last Day) the time of final judgement as Jesus Christ taught in John 12:48 below, 100% Yes!

Many deny the truth of Gods words below, that are simple, clear, and very easy to understand.

(THE SECOND COMING, LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17KJV
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(THE LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth
; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

(THE LAST DAY JUDGEMENT)

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with your continued reformed preterist claims that (The Beast) is a general (Spirit) of Antichrist

As post #42 has clearly shown, (The Beast) will have a literal living body, that will be cast living into the lake of fire

It is hard to have a serious discussion with you. Your MO is avoidance. Your MO is Scofield lingo. I think you think if you keep repeating a lie and avoiding the counter-evidence it will some-how became truth. That is not the way it happens. Like other posters have highlighted, you serious need to change your synonym.

The reason you avoid every point is because your theology is wrong. Your theories cannot abide scrutiny. All you have is avoidance and name-calling.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whore is a mystery that is revealed in the context of scripture, just as (The Beast) is a mystery revealed

LOL. Here you go again Mr Avoidance.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've not proved anything apart from you are an expert at avoidance and name-calling. That is what you cloak your posts in.

Now address the evidence.

You gave been clearly answered, (The Son) of perdition isn't Satan as you falsely claim, read it again

It's my belief Satan himself will inhabit the literal human body of this evil man

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been clearly answered as seen below, your continued promotion of the errors in reformed preterist eschatology, is no different than pre-millennialist in their claims of a future kingdom on this earth

Your claim is false and twisting the words of scripture

It doesn't state the Man Of Sin is "In Them" as you claim, "In Them" refers to those that perish, as you bend, twist, tear at God's words of truth "Sad"!

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10KJV
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

LOL, There you go again Mr Avoidance:

Who then is “in them that perish” (2 Thessalonians 2:10)?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave been clearly answered, (The Son) of perdition isn't Satan as you falsely claim, read it again

It's my belief Satan himself will inhabit the literal human body of this evil man

Can you give me one Scripture that shows human beings in the abyss (Luke 8:31, Romans 10:7, Revelation 9:1, 2, 11, 11:7, 17:8, and 20:1, 3)?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is hard to have a serious discussion with you. Your MO is avoidance. Your MO is Scofield lingo. I think you think if you keep repeating a lie and avoiding the counter-evidence it will some-how became truth. That is not the way it happens. Like other posters have highlighted, you serious need to change your synonym.

The reason you avoid every point is because your theology is wrong. Your theories cannot abide scrutiny. All you have is avoidance and name-calling.
Your claim the bad guy seen is a general (Spirit) of Antichrist that has been alive for thousands of years is "False"

You have been clearly shown that he will be cast "Living" into the lake fire, Revelation 19:20, his "His Body" is destroyed and given to the burning flame Daniel 7:11

"His Body" read it again and again, and "His Body" isn't 2,000 years old

Daniel 7:8-11KJV
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Paul's (Man Of Sin) Present On Earth At The Second Coming

2 Thessalonians 2:3-8KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

John's (The Beast) Present On Earth At The Second Coming

"Cast Alive" Living, read it again and again

Revelation 19:19-20KJV
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.