Olivet Discourse revisited

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again and again, the scarlet color beast is a symbolic metaphor seen in the spiritual, that is fully explained in the literal interpretation given

The 7 heads are explained to be literal mountains, the 10 horns are explained to be literal kings

It's my belief the 7 literal mountains is where Jerusalem sits as shown

It's my belief the 10 kings will be a future recognized 10 lost tribes of Israel that each have a king/leader, and they will be given power quickly and support (The Beast) in going against a liberal Jerusalem

Oh really? Fancy that. A few minutes ago the beast was a real literal physical man.

Do the 10 horns belong to the beast?

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh really? Fancy that. A few minutes ago the beast was a real literal physical man.

The Beast is a future literal human man just as Revelation Chapter 13 and Revelation 19:20 clearly explains

Scripture clearly explains the 10 horns are literal kings that receive power

Scripture clearly explains that the 7 heads are literal mountains

Scripture clearly explains the woman is the literal great city where Jesus was crucified "Jerusalem"

The Scarlet Beast seen in Revelation 17:3 is a symbolic metaphor, and The Beast is explained to be a literal king/ruler and he will go into perdition when cast into the lake of fire as seen in Revelation 19:20

Your continued claim of a literal human man with 7 heads and 10 horns is laughable, this has never been my claim

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Beast is a future literal human man just as Revelation Chapter 13 and Revelation 19:20 clearly explains

Scripture clearly explains the woman is the literal great city where Jesus was crucified "Jerusalem"

The Scarlet Beast seen in Revelation 17:3 is a symbolic metaphor, and The Beast is explained to be a literal king/ruler and he will go into perdition when cast into the lake of fire as seen in Revelation 19:20

Your continued claim of a literal human man with 7 heads and 10 horns is laughable, this has never been my claim

You cannot answer simple questions. That is because you are promoting error.

Stop ducking around the obvious. The 7 heads actually belong to the beast, no other entity. Hello! You cannot even accept that. To do so would force you to abandon what you have been taught. This is not some 1-headed physical human being (as you insist) but rather a 7-headed symbolic wicked beast with 10 symbolic horns that has been on the go from the beginning.

You are ducking around the obvious.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you now saying that there are 2 beasts - 1 literal and physical, the other spiritual and figurative? It is hard to understand your writings. They are all over the place. They are totally contradictory. I do not think you have thought this out.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot answer simple questions. That is because you are promoting error.

Stop ducking around the obvious. The 7 heads actually belong to the beast, no other entity. Hello! You cannot even accept that. To do so would force you to abandon what you have been taught. This is not some 1-headed physical human being (as you insist) but rather a 7-headed symbolic wicked beast with 10 symbolic horns that has been on the go from the beginning.

You are ducking around the obvious.
You have been clearly answered, it's not going to change

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you now saying that there are 2 beasts - 1 literal and physical, the other spiritual and figurative? It is hard to understand your writings. They are all over the place. They are totally contradictory. I do not think you have thought this out.

The Scarlet Beast seen in Revelation 17:3 is a symbolic metaphor, and The Beast is explained to be a literal king/ruler in Revelation 17:11, and he will go into perdition when cast into the lake of fire as seen in Revelation 19:20

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Scarlet Beast seen in Revelation 17:3 is a symbolic metaphor, and The Beast is explained to be a literal king/ruler in Revelation 17:11, and he will go into perdition when cast into the lake of fire as seen in Revelation 19:20

Stop avoiding the issues. You obviously have a lot to hide. You are inventing 2 beasts where in reality there is just 1, all because your theology has crumbled apart today. That is why each post is contradicting the other. Your posts are as clear as mud.

Let me go through these 1 by 1 to try and unravel your beliefs, although I am not sure you even know what you believe. You seem to make it up as you go.

Revelation 13:1 shows a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns.”

Is this your "symbolic metaphor" beast or is this your "literal king/ruler" beast?

Revelation 13:3-4 states, all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast.”

Is this your "symbolic metaphor" beast or is this your "literal king/ruler" beast?

Revelation 13:8-9, 15-17 says, “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear ... And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

Revelation 14:9-11 says, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

Revelation 17:3 says, “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.”

Revelation 17:7-8 says, “And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.”

Revelation 17:9-13 says, The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.”

Revelation 17:16 says, “And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.”

Revelation 19:19-20 says, “And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop avoiding the issues. You obviously have a lot to hide. You are inventing 2 beasts where in reality there is just 1, all because your theology has crumbled apart today. That is why each post is contradicting the other. Your posts are as clear as mud.

Let me go through these 1 by 1 to try and unravel your beliefs, although I am not sure you even know what you believe. You seem to make it up as you go.

Revelation 13:1 shows a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns.”

Revelation 13:3-4 states, all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast.”

Revelation 13:8-9, 15-17 says, “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear ... And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

Revelation 14:9-11 says, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

Revelation 17:3 says, “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.”

Revelation 17:7-8 says, “And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.”

Revelation 17:9-13 says, The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.”

Revelation 17:16 says, “And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.”

Revelation 19:19-20 says, “And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

It hasn't changed read it again

The scary thing is reformed preterist eschatology denies a future literal human in the (Man Of Sin/The Beast) "Scary Deception"!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It hasn't changed read it again

The scary thing is reformed preterist eschatology denies a future literal human in the (Man Of Sin/The Beast) "Scary Deception"!

Your theology has been exposed. You obviously have a lot to hide. You cannot even address simple questions. All you have is your usual cut-and-paste. That is why most posters avoid your evasive and infantile name-calling writings. I will keep asking until you address this.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theology has been exposed. You obviously have a lot to hide. You cannot even address simple questions. All you have is your usual cut-and-paste. That is why most posters avoid your evasive and infantile name-calling writings. I will keep asking until you address this.

You questions have been answered several times and you know it

The Beast with 7 heads and 10 horns is a symbolic metaphor, the woman that rides this beast is also

Scripture interprets these metaphors and you know this also

(The 7 heads) are 7 literal mountains upon this earth

(The 10 horns) are 10 future literal king/rulers

(The woman ) is the great city where Jesus was crucified "Jerusalem" on this earth

Revelation Chapter 13 describes (The Beast) with personal pronouns He, His, Him, a human man

Revelation 13:8 below clearly teaches his number is that of "A Man", you deny the KJV reading with your private interpretation to suit your false teaching

Revelation 13:8KJV
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Scripture below teaches (The Beast) and (The False Prophet) will be (Alive) and cast into the lake of fire (Living)

Revelation 1920KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Daniel 7:10-11 below is in perfect agreement with John's interpretation, (The Beast) will have a living body that is destroyed at the future second coming and final judgment

Daniel 7:10-11KJV
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Conclusion: Your reformed preterist claims that (The Beast) is a (Spirit) that has been present for the past 2,000 years is "False"!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You questions have been answered several times and you know it

The Beast with 7 heads and 10 horns is a symbolic metaphor, the woman that rides this beast is also

Scripture interprets these metaphors and you know this also

(The 7 heads) are 7 literal mountains upon this earth

(The 10 horns) are 10 future literal king/rulers

You do not directly address posters arguments. You do not answer their questions. Multiple Premils and Amils have highlighted your habitual avoidance and your dependence on the same evasive cut-and-pastes. When that does not work, you rely on infantile name-calling.

(The woman ) is the great city where Jesus was crucified "Jerusalem" on this earth

Revelation Chapter 13 describes (The Beast) with personal pronouns He, His, Him, a human man

LOL. I already exposed the folly of this argument before but you ignored it as usual. You don't want to learn. You cannot let the biblical facts determine what you believe. Preserving your Scoffield beliefs is more important to you.

So, why do you not apply your reasoning to the whore, because this entity is called a "woman" or "she" or "her" this makes her a literal woman? What woman do you know that is so large that she has the ability to sit on seven mountains at the same time?

What an ill-thought-out illogical argument. You contradict your own reasoning at every turn.

Revelation 13:8 below clearly teaches his number is that of "A Man", you deny the KJV reading with your private interpretation to suit your false teaching

Revelation 13:8KJV
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Really? But Revelation 13:1 shows this “beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns.”

This is the same beast as one finds in Rev 17 and 19! This blows your whole '2 beasts theory' out of the water. Like I suspected, you have never truly thought this through or researched this for yourself or you would realize that your argument is nonsensical and self-destructive. This is the danger of not testing what you have been taught by others.

Scripture below teaches (The Beast) and (The False Prophet) will be (Alive) and cast into the lake of fire (Living)

Revelation 1920KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Daniel 7:10-11 below is in perfect agreement with John's interpretation, (The Beast) will have a living body that is destroyed at the future second coming and final judgment

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Conclusion: Your reformed preterist claims that (The Beast) is a (Spirit) that has been present for the past 2,000 years is "False"!

Do the 7 heads belong to the beast?

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. I already exposed the folly of this argument before but you ignored it as usual. You don't want to learn. You cannot let the biblical facts determine what you believe. Preserving your Scoffield beliefs is more important to you.

So, why do you not apply your reasoning to the whore, because this entity is called a "woman" or "she" or "her" this makes her a literal woman? What woman do you know that is so large that she has the ability to sit on seven mountains at the same time?
(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great.

The Levitical High Priest Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes "The Woman", The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven Mount city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Jerusalem (The Woman) that (Great City) as seen below, Jerusalem where Jesus Christ was crucified

(Revelation) 17:18AKJV

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

(Revelation) 11:8AKJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Jews/Hebrews cast dust upon their heads, weeping for the (Great City) Jerusalem

(Revelation) 18:19 AKJV

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More avoidance. This is exactly what Scofieldites do. You cannot answer simple questions because it exposes your thesis. Your theology is crumbling around your feet.
You have been clearly answered several times, it's you who avoids the scripture referenced, (The Beast) isn't a (Spirit) as reformed preterist eschatology falsely claims, he has a "LIVING BODY"

Daniel 7:11 "His Body Destroyed"

Revelation 19:20 "Cast Alive"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not directly address posters arguments. You do not answer their questions. Multiple Premils and Amils have exposed your habitual avoidance and your dependence on the same evasive cut-and-pastes. When that does not work, you rely on infantile name-calling.

What an ill-thought-out illogical argument. You contradict your own reasoning at every turn.

Really? But Revelation 13:1 shows this “beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns.”

This is the same beast as one finds in Rev 17 and 19! This blows your whole '2 beasts theory' out of the water. Like I suspected, you have never truly thought this through or researched this for yourself or you would realize that your argument is nonsensical and self-destructive. This is the danger of not testing what you have been taught by others.

Revelation 1920KJV

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great.

The Levitical High Priest Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes "The Woman", The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven Mount city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Jerusalem (The Woman) that (Great City) as seen below, Jerusalem where Jesus Christ was crucified

(Revelation) 17:18AKJV

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

(Revelation) 11:8AKJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Jews/Hebrews cast dust upon their heads, weeping for the (Great City) Jerusalem

(Revelation) 18:19 AKJV

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

You are totally not getting it! I am using your contradictory reasoning to expose your argument. But alas, you cannot even see that.

You said: "Revelation Chapter 13 describes (The Beast) with personal pronouns He, His, Him, a human man." This is your reasoning. This is the grounds why you believe what you do. When I use your own argument to refute your argument you move the goal-pots. This is called duplicity! You are hanging on your own gallows.

You spiritualize the woman to mean "Jerusalem" even though she is called a "woman" or "whore" or "she" or "her." This makes her a literal woman according to your weak argument re the beast. Can you see how contradictory your argument is?

You are being selective to suit your error. To be consistent would totally demolish your thesis.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been clearly answered several times, it's you who avoids the scripture referenced, (The Beast) isn't a (Spirit) as reformed preterist eschatology falsely claims, he has a "LIVING BODY"

Daniel 7:11 "His Body Destroyed"

Revelation 19:20 "Cast Alive"

Mr Avoidance:

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am definitely not a Preterist or Partial Preterist. But there is no question that when you look at the events of the first five seals, they are all presented in the Olivet Discourse. Do a comparison for yourself. Only the 6th and 7th seal judgments are reserved for the future.
This is just not true unless you are speaking about Matt. 24:15-31, but as I very well know, you guys all seem to think Rev. 6 and Matt. 24:4-14 match up. It doesn't the verses are not even about the end times leading up to the 70th week really, Jesus only mentions verses 7-8 (wild future events just before the 70th week) to reassure them the END (70th week) is by and by as verse 6 says. Why is this important? Jesus did not need his disciples rushing back to Jerusalem via the 68-70 AD events, thinking Jesus had returned, because if Israel had of repented, he would have returned then to save them from Rome, but of course they rejected Christ and the temple was rent into.

If the disciples had rushed back they would have no doubt brought the Gentile Churches with them no doubt, and the whole church would have been set back, or maybe even killed off in its infancy. This is why telling them the END WAS NOT YET was so important, and then telling them what brought the END was as important, as Verses 14 says, the preaching of the Gospel unto the whole world will bring the end. Alas, the Disciples knew they would never accomplish this because they knew of China, India and the Scythians (Russia today). So, basically Matt. 24:4-14 is all about the Disciples, save for verses 7-8 which is an off handed remark EMPHASIZING why verse 6 and the Temples Destruction is not the end, even though the Pharisees put forth fake christs to try and deliver them from Rome (fourth beast), thus fulfilling John 5:43 where Jesus foretells this, saying the Pharisees would not accept him who came in the Fathers name, but would accept another (christ/messiah) who came in his own name. So, verses 7-8 is simply clarifying the END is way of down the road, and is mostly a throw away passage, in order to assure the Disciples that they would never see THE END !!

Want proof? READ ON, Jesus then tells the Disciples they will all be killed, and that false prophets (not false Christian Prophets) via those who had Rome's ear, a la Jupiter prophets, Diana, Zeus etc. etc. complained that the Disciples were taking away their patrons, thus they killed all of the disciples save John whom they tried to kill, it seems, but couldn't. Thus Jesus gives them one FINAL WARNING, he tells them that they MUST ENDURE [until the end of ones LIFE], its not about the END TIMES, that comes via verse 14, after the Gospel has been preached unto the whole world (2000 years later or NOW).

Matt. 24:4-14 has nothing to do with the end times, its all about Jesus telling the Disciples what they would face. P.S. The Seals are NON EVENTS anyway, they merely are Jesus Prophesying what is coming in the 42 months following the starting of the DOTL which only starts in Rev. 8 via the Trumpet Judgments. Seals 1-5 are all about THE COMING Beasts 42 month reign. Seal # 6 is about the coming DOTL events which lasts for 42 months, and thus Seal #7 is what opens the Scroll of Judgments, hence that is why its in Rev. 8.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr Avoidance:

Your Mr. Avoidance

You have been shown several times (The Scarlet Beast) is a (Symbolic Metaphor)

This (Metaphor) is explained and interpreted in the chapter following

"Your question has been answered" it will be copy paste from here on regarding this repeated question

Jesus Is The Lord

1.) The 7 heads are 7 literal mountains upon this earth

2.) The 10 horns are 10 future literal kings

3.) The Woman sitting on this beast is the great city Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified

4.) (The Beast) is a future literal king upon this earth the 8th, a human man

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Your question has been answered" it will be copy paste from here on regarding this repeated question

Jesus Is The Lord

1.) The 7 heads are 7 literal mountains upon this earth

2.) The 10 horns are 10 future literal kings

3.) The Woman sitting on this beast is the great city Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified

4.) (The Beast) is a future literal king upon this earth the 8th, a human man

What do you mean "it will be copy paste from here on regarding this repeated question"? That is all you do. Why break a habit of a lifetime? Readers can verify this by reading any thread you have been involved in. Multiple posts have been sidestepped above and countless arguments and Scriptures have been ignored. That is the only way your theology survives. Avoidance is your MO.

Your self-defeating argument has been roundly exposed above, and you know it. You failed to address the various contradictions in your argument. Your attempt to suggest that the Revelation 13 beast is different to the Revelation 17 and 19 beast is ridiculous. You obviously haven't thought this one out. You ignore the fact that Revelation 13 gives the beast the exact same description as the Revelation 17 beast.

Revelation 13:1: "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.”

No one objective would surely deny that we are looking at the same beastly entity. The only way that one would argue otherwise is to support false teaching.

Your whole argument for Beast 1 being a literal man is this:

You give complete disregard to the fact that (The Beast) is described with personal pronouns, He, His, Him, a literal human man

Your human reason is silenced in scriptural truth below

The Beast will have the unsaved world's allegiance, and he will be a individual human man as scripture teaches in Revelation chapter 13 and 19 as seen below, described by personal pronouns He, His, Him, that will be cast living into the lake of fire as seen in Revelation 19:20

OH sure, use the counterfeit and corrupt bibles to claim your "It", No wonder why you hate the KJV 411 years and going strong
Revelation 13 :5-7KJV
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

NIV Below, A Counterfeit Of God's True Words

Revelation 13:5-7NIV
5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months. 6 It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. 7 It was given power to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.

It's simple, the beast of the sea seen in Revelation Chapter 13 is described with Personal pronouns He, His, Him, A Human Man

You claims of a (Beast Kingdom) and (Satan) are "False" Scripture below clearly teaches (The Beast) and (The False Prophet) will have living bodies that are cast "Living" into the lake of fire First Person Pronoun's: He, His, Him Revelation 19:20KJV

Who you trying to kid, he, his, him, are personal pronouns, and the KJV is the English language, are you a translator,

John's (The Beast) in Revelation chapter 13 will be a future literal human man, that is described with personal pronouns, He, His, Him

Scripture below identifies the man of sin with the personal pronoun "Him" a human man

This is one of the most naïve arguments I've ever heard, especially in regard to the book of Revelation. This is a nonsensical argument that I highlighted above, yet, as usual, you carefully steered around it. That is because it exposes your error.

This is magnified when you effortlessly insist that "the Whore [a woman] Mystery Babylon the Great" represents "Jerusalem." This is mega hypocrisy and questionable and inconsistent hermeneutics. According to your reasoning, if Revelation describes this entity as a "whore," a "woman" or "she" or "her" this makes her a literal woman.

But no, that would be too consistent.

Last edited: