1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Once Saved Always Saved Garbage Teaching!!

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by DoveSpirit05, Aug 22, 2019.

1. jimmiec

jimmiec Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

2. Phoneman777

Phoneman777 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "Plain Old Telephone Service"???

(It's actually a genuine, bonafide, actual telecommunications industry acronym!)

ScottA and CharismaticLady like this.
  3. FollowHim

FollowHim Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Amen. Our walk with Jesus is eternal. The realities we have here now today are the same as the realities
    in heaven, and the rebellion is the same. To walk away from Him, is an eternal rebellion and reality.
    People imagine that there is some other reality where in this dream world up is down and down is up, and
    things will just be sweetness and light. But in Christ it is as it is. Jesus calls us to love the weak, the needy,
    the ones we come across and give them space. For it is Him loving, Him meeting these folk and His love
    flowing out from us.

But somehow there will be an other reality, which will take over. Unfortunately if you hate Gods people
    here, you will hate Jesus when He appears. And the hatred will not be fake or something one can hide,
    but clear as day. And that is the shock, that we live the testimony of our hearts and how they are resolved
    here and now or not as the case maybe.

For the hard hearted, such words as these will bounce off and their view is I am a pharisee full of self
    righteousness, and glorying in my status. Does not occur to them when they see Jesus they will feel
    the exact same thoughts. God bless you

Phoneman777 and justbyfaith like this.
  4. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Funny...

no, POTS stands for Perseverance of the Saints, for those who are uninitiated.

5. jimmiec

jimmiec Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Only Gods Chosen Sons, Born again Christians, "in Jesus' image" have a Living God capable of saving or forgiving the sinful one who choses not to Trust and Obey. But" whosoever His Word is his love of God perfect' When he is not sinning, not needing God's sons to repent, thereby never having to experience Guilt and Shame. He is the Promise Keeper! All Christians, only, are sinners blessed with the Gift of repentance and forgiveness.

Heart2Soul and Mayflower like this.
  6. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Can you give a reference for that (is it holy scripture)?

7. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

8. Zachary

Zachary Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    2 dots are usually better than one, I guess.
    Not sure ... too deep for me.

9. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Bada Boom!

10. FollowHim

FollowHim Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Security is part of knowing love. As a kid you snuggle your parents because in them is safety.

When safety becomes slander, evil behaviour, abuse, it is no longer love but wolves desiring destruction. And these wolves have no hiding their anger and false claims of following Jesus. They disown His words and His commands as impossible because their hearts do not know repentance and love.
    They will defame any who listen to them like a sheep, justifying sin and compromise like it is life. They are nice people, so their sins are everyday annoyance, while hiding hate, anger and vengeance that burns in them.

Stand up to their lifestyle and it flows like a bucket of slop suddenly pouring out. No Holy Spirit grace, or peace, or love, just accusation and provocation.

Once you know them, you will not forget them, they intend destruction.

As Jesus says thorns and thistles are not figs and grapes. False prophets are they. And we have no compromise with such as these, their end is written.

11. DoveSpirit05

DoveSpirit05 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    where i'm from dats called jealousy!!!!!

12. DoveSpirit05

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    dats a tricky one coz one can doubt and God will still work on dem like peter doubted and so did Thomas!!

GodsGrace likes this.
  13. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why jealousy?

14. Davy

Davy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I never said the ten virgins were the bride of Christ. The bride of Christ is shown in Revelation 21, which is another subject.

No need to get into Psalms 45 and Jewish wedding traditions. Jesus gave plenty enough symbols there in Matthew 25 with the parable so that a little child can understand it. I see some folks trying to use the ten virgins parable as an excuse to teach Jewish tradition and thus confuse the simplicity of the parable itself.

15. 07-07-07

07-07-07 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Luke 13
    [22] And he [Jesus] went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.
    [23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
    [24] Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
    [25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
    [26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
    [27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
    [28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
    [29] And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

ScottA likes this.
  16. Stranger

Stranger Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    'I' said the ten virgins were not the bride of Christ. It is this misunderstanding, seeing everything pertaining to the Church, that causes much of the confusion of not only this parable, but others also.

(Ps. 45) sheds great light upon the subject. It draws a distinction between the Bride and the 10 virgins.

The parable is many things, but it is not easy to be understood.

Stranger

Mayflower likes this.
  17. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So someone shared these verses with me today and I realize this is true. I believe in eternal security, but repentance is necessary for salvation and this is why:

The scripture teaches that repentance is a gracious free gift of God, and not works.

Acts 5:31 "...for to GIVE repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."

2 Timothy 2:25 "...if God peradventure will GIVE them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;"

Acts 11:18 "...Then hath God also to the Gentiles GRANTED repentance unto life."

Notice that the scripture says that the repentance God gives from sin is a repentance unto life, all life is in Christ so the repentance God gives turns from sin to Christ.

I always thought repentance was a work, so that we repent out of a grateful heart for Christ's sacrifice on the cross. And this is true, but repentance is also the grace. Not the work like I have believed. And it isnt as scarey as I thought. No one can pluck me out of God' hand, but it makes sense that someone can walk away from the faith. I think calling Osas garbage is not a good thing, because people really do come to Christ. Just because I was raised believing this way, doesnt mean I was any less saved. But I do see things in a different light now. Because repentance is even just a gift. We could not turn away from our sin without what Christ did for us.

18. DoveSpirit05

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    look it up 4 yourself, google

19. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No...that is against the scriptures:

2 Corinthians 5:17
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

...That "new creation" is of God, and it is God (Christ in us) who lives and does no sin forevermore. Galatians 2:20

"Whoever abides in Him does not sin." 1 John 3:6

Why do you not believe in all the scriptures and receive it?

Enoch111 likes this.
  20. Phoneman777

Phoneman777 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    oh, thanks