Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good start.
Actually - seeing as how I already destroyed that arguments in post #3072 - that point is now moot . . .
But this thread could get derailed if we list all the false teachings of the RCC here. Perhaps a separate thread would be in order.
Face it - you can't come up with anything so you're stalling . . .

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It takes an act of God for somebody to come to faith.
It takes that person's cooperation with that grace to come to salvation.

You cannot be saved if YOU don't want to.

BreadOfLife, I love you in the Lord. We both agree that Jesus is the only way to the Father and forgiveness of sins is found in Him alone and that one should pursue to remain faithful. We may differ in other areas (no one 100% agrees on anything) and it's clear we both are firm in our beliefs. We both stated what we believed over the last week and a half and said all we could. With that being said I'm going to focus on other threads. I'm sure I'll see you around :)

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
HOGWASH.

James 2:19 tells us explicitly that even the DEMONS believe.
Are they part of His Body??

No they're not, because unlike demons, believers (human beings) accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

Acts 17:10-12 As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

BOL, the Gospel message isn't a message of hope for demons.

Mat 8:31-32 The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” 32He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.

- God bless

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No they're not, because unlike demons, believers (human beings) accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
That has nothing to do with demons who believe. The point you missed is that believing isn't enough.

Acts 17:10-12
BoL didn't even suggest that. Not remotely.

Mat 8:31-32

- God bless

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's a good start. But this thread could get derailed if we list all the false teachings of the RCC here. Perhaps a separate thread would be in order.
What I suggest you do is ask questions, instead of blabbing off empty slogans. That way the threads don't degenerate into a bar room brawl. This is not the first time you have thrown in this insult. It's not disagreement, it's empty hostile posturing.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
to start with, Immaculate Conception
Mary was not sinless.
Oh, I like that one.
All the reformers taught that Mary was sinless.
Before the 19th century every PROTESTANT church on the planet taught Mary's sinlessness.
What happened?
Modernist liberals introduced "Mary a sinner".
It became popular only recently.
It's fad theology and a false man made tradition.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Heb 13:8, Just so you know, salvation by works (apart from the grace of Christ) is a heresy called Pelagianism. It was condemned by the Catholic Church as a heresy 1000 years before the first Protestant was born. Yet the myth lives on.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is not the first time you have thrown in this insult.
It is not my intention to insult anyone, but the truth is the truth, no matter how unpalatable. The RCC has multiple false doctrines and false practices in its system of religion. It would be unprofitable to go any further since Matt Slick's list has been mocked, while he has told the truth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I never said that they "ALL" became saved.
The verses I provided show that SOME who are saved will fall back into darkness and be LOST.

That's Scriptural truth - not MY opinion.

BOL...

Scripture teaches....men WHO BELIEVE;
....SHALL BE SAVED.

You are reading Scriptures about men WHO are Learning ABOUT Christ Jesus.

They are being TAUGHT....IF YOU BELIEVE...
....YOU SHALL BE SAVED....
....They CAN Believe, are NOT IN Christ and CAN fall back into darkness.

Scripture teaches....IF Christ is IN you...
....YOU ARE SAVED.
....They ARE FOREVER KEPT IN Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - what's "hogwash" is that YOU seem to think that the rules of faith are somehow different for Jews than for everybody else.

You should study and learn the historical differences between the Hebrew/Jews and the Gentiles..........

And the similarities between the Juedo Jews and the Christians.....

Sounds pretty anti-Semitic to me . . .

You should stop trying to interpret according to the world.

By your understanding that would make you anti-woman because there are specific rules that apply to them and not you....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 17:10-12 As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

Mat 8:31-32 The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” 32He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.

- God bless
Uhhhhh, that's NOT what you said.
YOU said: "No, a believer becomes a part of His body through belief, not striving or works."

You falsely claimed that "belief" is what makes a person a part of the Body of Christ.
Belief is only PART of faith - NOT the whole enchilada. Faith includes belief - but it ALSO includes obedience (works).

Finally - show me one verse in Scripture that says we must accept Jesus as our "personal Lord and Savior".

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL...

Scripture teaches....men WHO BELIEVE;
....SHALL BE SAVED.

You are reading Scriptures about men WHO are Learning ABOUT Christ Jesus.

They are being TAUGHT....IF YOU BELIEVE...
....YOU SHALL BE SAVED....
....They CAN Believe, are NOT IN Christ and CAN fall back into darkness.

Scripture teaches....IF Christ is IN you...
....YOU ARE SAVED.
....They ARE FOREVER KEPT IN Christ.
Ummmmmm, show me where the Bible teaches this.
Show me the chapter and verse that makes the claim that once I believe - I will "FOREVER" be kept in Christ.

You see - MY Bible says that belief is only part of the equation.
(Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21, Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23, Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22, John 14:15, 15:10, Matt. 7:21, James 1:22, Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

You cannot have true faith without obedience . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should study and learn the historical differences between the Hebrew/Jews and the Gentiles..........

And the similarities between the Juedo Jews and the Christians.....
You should stop trying to interpret according to the world.

By your understanding that would make you anti-woman because there are specific rules that apply to them and not you....
And YOU should stop trying to invent different rules for salvation for different races of people and for the sexes.

Gal. 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

There are no racists or misogynists in Heaven, my angry friend . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not my intention to insult anyone, but the truth is the truth, no matter how unpalatable. The RCC has multiple false doctrines and false practices in its system of religion. It would be unprofitable to go any further since Matt Slick's list has been mocked, while he has told the truth.
No - it would be impossible to go any further because you can't think of any . . .

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
80-90% of YOUR doctrines are borrowed from the CC. If the CC's doctrines are false, then so are yours. Matt Slick hasn't been mocked, his misrepresentations and sneaky methods have been exposed. I answered all of your questions in the "Matt Slick Exposed" thread, and you haven't answered a single one of mine. "multiple false doctrines and false practices" is an insult, and you refuse to state or discuss which ones. That makes you a troll. "the truth is the truth, no matter how unpalatable"

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
80-90% of YOUR doctrines are borrowed from the CC.
Not really.

Bible Christianity -- the Bible is the sole and supreme authority for all matters of doctrine and practice.
RCC -- "Holy Tradition" is equal to Scripture, and must be accepted as authoritative.

Bible Christianity -- only the 66 books of the Bible are Scripture.
RCC -- the Apocrypha is also Scripture.

Bible Christianity -- Christ is the Head of the Church, and the Church is the Body of redeemed believers -- both Jews and Gentiles -- regardless of denomination.
RCC -- the Pope is the head of the Church, and the RCC is the Church as well as the Mother Church.

Bible Christianity -- sinners are justified by grace through faith.
RCC -- sinners are saved through the sacraments.

Bible Christianity -- Children of God have eternal security in Christ and will enter Heaven.
RCC -- No one can know that they are eternally secure and will enter Heaven.

These are just a few major differences.

Reactions: LC627

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "end" is our physical death. You don't understand this??
We must endure to our death.

It is NO different for Jews than it is for Christians - or ANYBODY else.
God doesn't "change" the rules depending on your race.
Indeed! God made a Way to partake of the right Tree, the Tree of Life, after the gate was closed to men due to the disobedience of Adam and Eve. What Jesus did was reopened the closed gate, but a person who tried to enter in with an improper garment could not partake to the Tree of Life:

"And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:11-14

That man without a wedding garment was born again, but that was not good enough. He was cast out.

A person who has been born again is not finally saved [in a condition where he will never die] until he has walked the whole distance and partaken of that Tree of Life. People want a short cut where they can receive what they might call the best of both worlds, but God would call it "lukewarm" and spit them out of His mouth.

Adam and Eve were born without sin and could have eaten of the right Tree and lived for ever, but they did not do it. All of us were born with sinful natures. All of us were in the eyes of God born dead, so God made a Way that was fair. He provided a Way to Life through His Son. Being born again puts us on the right pathway, but we still have to walk the whole distance.

When and if we were born again, we were made sinless for the moment, but we had only been put back to where Adam and Eve were before they sinned. They were sinless but were able to sin. We had to walk the distance, to the end of our course [our allotted time as an man subject to temptation (able to sin)] in that we still could choose to sin in spite of being born again. God again by means of His Son made it possible for anyone to walk the distance. First He opened the Door which had been closed and He sent the Holy Spirit so anyone who chose God's Way would be able to make to the Tree of Life and partake of it.

Reactions: Triumph1300

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not true.
There are indications about who will not see the kingdom.
Some people become born again and serve the Lord for years.

I saw it happen.... some decide after awhile: "that's it, I will go back to my old lifestyle".

They repent no more, attend no more fellowships, stop reading their bibles, goof up left and right, etc.

Oh, yes, I heard some people say: "They were not born again in the first place."
I say: "Balony".
What happens to them usually, if not always, is that they lose their love of truth [their first love] and walk on in delusion believing that they are OK when they are not. They have been deluded and the next thing is they move all the way back out in the world of temptation where they once again regularly yielding to those temptations instead of being led by the Holy Spirit. Have they no hope left? They usually do, but it is a bit more difficult than it was the first time. It is dependent on their willingness to really surrender to God again and on Jesus' willingness to act as their advocate again before the Father. See the example Jesus provided here:

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45

The first time he repented he was simply dead to the things of God, but having been cleaned up [empty, swept, and garnished] he failed to fill up the emptiness with the good things of God. Instead he was refilled with seven wicked spirits who took him down lower than the had ever been. This is why I said, it is a bit more difficult to surrender to God again. Impossible? No!. I have been through, so I know it is not impossible.