Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONCE a man is saved, it is forever.

God Bless,
Taken

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I understand that repentance is crucial for salvation.

It's crucial to our blessings a believer receives in this life and the crowns/rewards a believer receives in the next life.

I'm talking about the fact that Scripture is adamantly clear that born again Christians can fall away and be lost.

Is the son of perdition a believer or non believer, BOL?

John 6:35-40 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 17:12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

As I have presented on numerous posts on this thread - "Epignosis" means having a "full, experiential knowledge" of Christ. The normal Greek word for knowledge is "Oida" - but that is NOT the word used in these verses.

Right, they have knowledge of Christ, but their hearts are far from Him. They've heard the Gospel, but still have not come to a saving knowledge. That's the difference BOL.

Matt 15:8 "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

We absolutely DO have guarantees - but they are conditional.

That means that Jesus did not die for the sins of the world. Is this what you believe?

When you buy a car, you have guarantees that it won't break down for a certain period of time - provided that you do the normal auto maintenance (oil changes, etc.). The same is true for a born again Christian. We have a guarantee of salvation - provided we are obedient in doing the will of the Father and endure to the end.

You're comparing the blood of Christ to a broken down car?

We don't get a guarantee that we can live whatever kind of lifestyle we want to.

Well of course. That's why there's sanctification.

We ALSO don't have a guarantee that we will never stumble or fall away.

That's why Jesus died for all sin (past, present, future). Because the only person that could keep the Law was Him and Him alone.

Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Reactions: Taken

Nov 2, 2016
USA
And the veil is over yours if you believe in a Pre-Tribulation "Rapture".

This myth was concocted by men like John Nelson Darby in the 1830s.
This has never been a teaching OR a belief of the historic Christian faith.

None
of your Protestant Fathers believed in this nonsense because it is nonexistent in Scripture - so, why do YOU?

No, the rapture was taught way before the 1830's. Paul who penned Thessalonians 2000 years ago...

Our modern understanding of rapture appears to have little or no connection with the eschatological event. However, the word is properly used of that event. Rapture is a state or experience of being carried away. The English word comes from a Latin word, rapio, which means to seize or snatch in relation to an ecstasy of spirit or the actual removal from one place to another. In other words, it means to be carried away in spirit or in body. The Rapture of the church means the carrying away of the church from earth to heaven.

The Greek word from this term “rapture” is derived appears in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, translated “caught up.” The Latin translation of this verse used the word rapturo. The Greek word it translates is harpazo, which means to snatch or take away. Elsewhere it is used to describe how the Spirit caught up Philip near Gaza and brought him to Caesarea (Acts 8:39) and to describe Paul’s experience of being caught up into the third heaven (2 Cor. 12:2-4). Thus there can be no doubt that the word is used in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 to indicate the actual removal of people from earth to heaven... Where did the term 'rapture' come from?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
:)

Jesus "finished" what He came to accomplish.

Isaiah 55:11
...my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth shall not return to me void, but shall accomplish that which I please...

John 19:28
...Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished...

John 19:30
...he said it is finished.

More work by Jesus...

Rev 21:6
...It is done...

Yes! :)

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's crucial to our blessings a believer receives in this life and the crowns/rewards a believer receives in the next life.
Is the son of perdition a believer or non believer, BOL?
John 6:35-40 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 17:12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.

I believe that answers the question.
Right, they have knowledge of Christ, but their hearts are far from Him. They've heard the Gospel, but still have not come to a saving knowledge. That's the difference BOL.

Matt 15:8 "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
And they WILL be saved - ad long as they don't fall away.
Matt. 24:13
But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
That means that Jesus did not die for the sins of the world. Is this what you believe?
No, it doesn't. Why would you say that??

We DON'T have to obey??
We DON'T have to do the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21)??
We DON'T have to be born of Spirit AND Water?? (John 3:5)
We DON'T have to pick up our cross daily (Luke 9:23)??

Those are conditions.
What Bible are YOU reading??
You're comparing the blood of Christ to a broken down car?
Nope - I'm simply putting it into language that you'll understand.
You keep speaking of unconditional guarantees of salvation - when there AREN'T any.

Salvation is a gift - but we have to accept it - and its conditions.
Well of course. That's why there's sanctification.
That's why Jesus died for all sin (past, present, future). Because the only person that could keep the Law was Him and Him alone.
Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Yes, Jesus PAID FOR all sin - but we aren't forgiven of them until we repent. and confess.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the rapture was taught way before the 1830's. Paul who penned Thessalonians 2000 years ago...

Our modern understanding of rapture appears to have little or no connection with the eschatological event. However, the word is properly used of that event. Rapture is a state or experience of being carried away. The English word comes from a Latin word, rapio, which means to seize or snatch in relation to an ecstasy of spirit or the actual removal from one place to another. In other words, it means to be carried away in spirit or in body. The Rapture of the church means the carrying away of the church from earth to heaven.

The Greek word from this term “rapture” is derived appears in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, translated “caught up.” The Latin translation of this verse used the word rapturo. The Greek word it translates is harpazo, which means to snatch or take away. Elsewhere it is used to describe how the Spirit caught up Philip near Gaza and brought him to Caesarea (Acts 8:39) and to describe Paul’s experience of being caught up into the third heaven (2 Cor. 12:2-4). Thus there can be no doubt that the word is used in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 to indicate the actual removal of people from earth to heaven... Where did the term 'rapture' come from?

Agree.
Jesus is the RedeemER
Those being RedeemED, are RedeemED, by being taken.
Being taken is simply called, RapturED.

RapturED TO: the air, ie the clouds; above the face of the earth, out of harms way of destruction.

As in the day of Noah, so shall be the coming of the Son of man.
Matt 24:37

The ark was raised above the face of the waters, out of harms way of destruction.
Gen 7:18

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WRONG.
Paul NEVER speaks of this as being a Pre-Tribulation event.

You can speak ALL day long about the Latin and the Greek for "caught up" - but it is irrelevant when it comes to the relatively NEW doctrine of a Pre-Tribulation event.

This event takes place AT the 2nd Coming of Christ at the END of the world as we know it.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONCE a man is saved, it is forever.
God Bless,
Taken
That's not what the Bible says . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should stick with asking and answering your own questions without pretending you are addressing other.
Blah, blah, blah....your irrelevant nonsense.
Blah, blah, blah....your irrelevant nonsense.
So you say.
Your words, then your bashing of your words.
Funny.
Educated in Catholic schools?
Translation:
"
You've backed me into a corner that I just can't get out of so I'll respond with idiotic insults instead."

That's what I thought . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus "finished" what He came to accomplish.
Isaiah 55:11
...my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth shall not return to me void, but shall accomplish that which I please...

John 19:28
...Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished...

John 19:30
...he said it is finished.

More work by Jesus...

Rev 21:6
...It is done...
Yup - He PAID for our sins.
That part IS done.

The part that ISN'T done is your final condition . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are tribulations, continuously upon the earth.
There is also the tribulation and the great tribulation.

There is more than one redeeming.

Any time a living soul is ascended up into heaven; that soul is being redeemED, taken, claimed, by the authority and power of God.

A saved and born again man; ie a man WITH God, is not appointed to Wrath.
1 Thes 5:9

Any man who is saved and born again - shall be called up to the air/clouds and not suffer wrath upon the earth.

People of Jewish faith, who believe in thee LORD God Almighty, and His Word; but do not believe Jesus is His Word, shall ....
Be ministered to by 144,000 chosen men, from the 12 Tribes of Israel ....
Those who turn to Jesus.....enduring to the end...

Shall begin being bodily killed; and their living souls kept under the alter (Gods grace), until all body's of such believers die, and all those living souls shall ascend to heaven ...
This is about the time of the opening of the 5th seal.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Translation:
"
You've backed me into a corner that I just can't get out of so I'll respond with idiotic insults instead."

More of your thoughts, your words, applicable to you. You own them.

what I thought . . .

As observed and appears you are still doing, having a conversation with yourself.
No need to include my name in your discussion with yourself.

LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what the Bible says . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

You are still without understanding.

Jesus says....

John 3:12
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, IF I tell you of heavenly things?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - He PAID for our sins.
That part IS done.

The part that ISN'T done is your final condition . . .

You speak and act in the natural, and WAIT to see before you understand.

I am already made whole, body, soul, spirit.

There are only two standings;
WITH or WITHOUT the Lord.
FOR or AGAINST the Lord.

I know my standing. It was given me ONCE and remains with me FOREVER.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Nov 2, 2016
USA
James 2:19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.

They believe Jesus is God, but they don't believe He is their savior. Do you see the difference?

And they WILL be saved - ad long as they don't fall away. Matt. 24:13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

This passage is referring to tribulation saints inside the 70th week that come to faith after rapture.
Their love grows cold (is quenched) because they're a witness to the fifth seal.
"Standing firm" is martyrdom, because believers are no longer of the antichrist spirit.

Matt 24:12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

No, it doesn't. Why would you say that??

We DON'T have to obey??
We DON'T have to do the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21)??
We DON'T have to pick up our cross daily (Luke 9:23)??

Those are conditions. What Bible are YOU reading??

Because you believe you can lose your salvation.
That means Jesus failed at the cross and did not pay the sin penalty.
Those conditions are for sanctification, not salvation.
A believer's salvation is secure, their sanctification is a lifetime process BOL.

We DON'T have to be born of Spirit AND Water?? (John 3:5)

Well of course. This is speaking of spiritual water which comes from the Holy Spirit, when you finally come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ and put away false religions.

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Nope - I'm simply putting it into language that you'll understand. You keep speaking of unconditional guarantees of salvation - when there AREN'T any. Salvation is a gift - but we have to accept it - and its conditions.

There are guarantees for a believer in Christ. The conditions you speak of are confessing and believing. Many confess but don't believe. Do you believe BOL? Rom 10:9-10

Yes, Jesus PAID FOR all sin - but we aren't forgiven of them until we repent. and confess.

If you're not forgiven your condemned BOL. Believers are forgiven at the cross. The religious can't fathom such a love.

Romans 5:16 Again, the gift is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment that followed one sin brought condemnation, but the gift that followed many trespasses brought justification.

WRONG.
Paul NEVER speaks of this as being a Pre-Tribulation event.

You can speak ALL day long about the Latin and the Greek for "caught up" - but it is irrelevant when it comes to the relatively NEW doctrine of a Pre-Tribulation event.

This event takes place AT the 2nd Coming of Christ at the END of the world as we know it.

No not really. The last trump and the great trump are seven years apart, and the word in Matt 24:31 is episunagó, not harpazo. The Lord gathers the first fruits (144,000), the main harvest (the church) and tribulation saints (the gleanings) all to himself at the end of the 70th week. There's only a (resurrection of the dead and a gathering), not a rapture at the end of the 70th week. God Bless.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are tribulations, continuously upon the earth.
There is also the tribulation and the great tribulation.

There is more than one redeeming.

Any time a living soul is ascended up into heaven; that soul is being redeemED, taken, claimed, by the authority and power of God.

A saved and born again man; ie a man WITH God, is not appointed to Wrath.
1 Thes 5:9

Any man who is saved and born again - shall be called up to the air/clouds and not suffer wrath upon the earth.

People of Jewish faith, who believe in thee LORD God Almighty, and His Word; but do not believe Jesus is His Word, shall ....
Be ministered to by 144,000 chosen men, from the 12 Tribes of Israel ....
Those who turn to Jesus.....enduring to the end...

Shall begin being bodily killed; and their living souls kept under the alter (Gods grace), until all body's of such believers die, and all those living souls shall ascend to heaven ...
This is about the time of the opening of the 5th seal.

God Bless,
Taken
WRONG.
You are conflating Redemption with Salvation.

Everybody
who ever lived and ever WILL live has been redeemed (paid for) by christ.
NOT all will be saved.

As for this mythical "Rapture" that you speak of - Scripture NEVER says that born again believers will be "caught up" or "pulled out" before some time of great tribulation. This is a Protestant myth that was born from the pulpits of men like John Nelson Darby in the 19th century.

Why is it that NONE (ZERO) of your Protestant Fathers taught this fairy tale?? And IF they were wrong about this - what makes you think they were right about anything else??

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Romans 11:22 “See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”

He's also speaking in metaphorical and figurative language, parables etc. God is not in contradiction...

Rom 11:28-32 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Hebrews 10:26-27 “If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”

Again, the author here is speaking in metaphorical and figurative language, parables etc..

Barnes' Notes on the Bible - Whether this in fact ever occurs, is quite another question. In regard to that inquiry, see the notes on Hebrews 6:4-6. If this view be correct, we may add, that the passage should not be regarded as applying to what is commonly known as the "sin against the Holy Spirit," or "the unpardonable sin." The word rendered "wilfully" - ἑκουσίως hekousiōs - occurs nowhere else in the New Testament, except in 1 Peter 5:2, where it is rendered "willingly" - "taking the oversight thereof (of the church) not by constraint, but willingly." It properly means, "willingly, voluntarily, of our own accord," and applies to cases where no constraint is used. It is not to be construed here strictly, or metaphysically, for all sin is voluntary, or is committed willingly, but must refer to a deliberate act, where a man means to abandon his religion, and to turn away from God. If it were to be taken with metaphysical exactness, it would demonstrate that every Christian who ever does anything wrong, no matter how small, would be lost.

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges - which shall devour the adversaries] “Yea let fire devour thine enemies” (Isaiah 26:11). It has so long been the custom to interpret such passages of “eternal torments” that we lose sight of the fact that such a meaning, if we may interpret Scripture historically, was in most cases not consciously present to the mind of the writers. The constant repetition of the same metaphor by the Prophets with no reference except to temporal calamities and the overthrow of cities and nations made it familiar in this sense to the N.T. writers. By “the adversaries” here are not meant “sinners,” but impenitent Jews and wilful apostates who would perish in the Day of the Lord (2 Thessalonians 1:8). It is at least doubtful whether the writer meant to imply anything beyond that prophecy of doom to the heirs of the Old Covenant which was fulfilled a few years later when the fire of God’s wrath consumed the whole system of a Judaism which had rejected its own Messiah. The word for “adversaries” only occurs in the N.T. in Colossians 2:14.

2 Peter 2:20-22 For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

This whole chapter is about false teachers and false prophets (nonbelievers BOL). They have heard the Gospel but haven't believed.

2 Peter 3:17 Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

When do we not fall every now and then. If we don't fall we are Jesus himself, and sanctification wouldn't exist. This is simply a message to fight the good fight.

1 John 2:24 See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.

It's no so much an admonition, as it is a remembrance and encouragement of who we are in Him.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Rev. 3:5 He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

And who are they who overcome BOL? Well, what do ya know. There's that word believe again.......

1 John 5:4-5 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Rev. 22:19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Rev. 22:18-19 is a warning to anyone who tries to re-write the Book of Revelation by either adding things that God didn’t say or by deleting things He did say. Although believers have interpreted the book in many different ways, I can’t imagine any born again believer actually re-writing it. Therefore I think it was meant as a warning to non-believers not to alter the book with the intent of deceiving people.

There are enough unconditional declarations of Eternal Security for the Church in the New Testament to make it an established fact. Among the clearest ones are John 6:37-40, John 10:27-30, Romans 8:38-39, Ephes. 1:13-14 and 2 Cor. 1:21-22. Since the Bible is the inspired word of God and can’t contradict itself Rev. 22:19 has to be saying that editing the Book of Revelation is an indication that the person doing so is not part of the Church and therefore not a recipient of the blessing of Eternal Security. Otherwise it would stand in opposition to these clear promises of God. It was John who threatened that if anyone took anything away from the prophecies of the Book of Revelation God would take away his part in the Book of Life (Rev. 22:18-19). With all the testimony of the New Testament that promises Eternal Security to believers, this can only mean that those to try to change the Book of Revelation are proving by their actions that they are not and never were saved..

I firmly believe in once saved always saved, and the verses that once led me to doubt it, for the most part, have been explained to me. However there is one verse that I still can’t get my mind around, and that is Rev. 3:5. Now I know that we are not supposed to take one scripture and use it to disprove the many that say otherwise, yet since Rev 3 is talking to the churches, how do we explain that we have everlasting life if our names can be blotted out?

You’re correct in saying we shouldn’t take a single verse, especially one who’s meaning is in doubt to us, and use it to negate all the verses we understand clearly.

But as a matter of fact, Rev. 3:5 doesn’t say that our names can be blotted out of the book of life. It says just the opposite. Look verses 4 and 5 together and you’ll see this.

Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. (Rev. 3:4-5)

He’s basically telling the unsaved in Sardis that if they put their trust in Him like some of their friends have done, they too will be dressed in white and He will never blot their names out of the book of life... OSAS And Rev. 22:19 – Grace thru faith

revelation 22:19 osas - Google Search

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They believe Jesus is God, but they don't believe He is their savior. Do you see the difference?
Wrong.
They KNOW He is THE Savior - just not theirs because their fate is sealed.
This passage is referring to tribulation saints inside the 70th week that come to faith after rapture.
Their love grows cold (is quenched) because they're a witness to the fifth seal.
"Standing firm" is martyrdom, because believers are no longer of the antichrist spirit.
The rules don't "change" for the Tribulations saints.
Their salvation is as conditional as OURS is.
Because you believe you can lose your salvation.
That means Jesus failed at the cross and did not pay the sin penalty.
Those conditions are for sanctification, not salvation.
A believer's salvation is secure, their sanctification is a lifetime process BOL.
Out sanctification IS our salvation.
You cannot be saved until you are fully sanctified and vice versa.

In the last few pages of exchanges - you have FAILED to produce ONE verse of Scripture that proves OSAS.
Just a lot of verses taken out of context and puzzled together and don't harmonize with the rest of Scripture.
Well of course. This is speaking of spiritual water which comes from the Holy Spirit, when you finally come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ and put away false religions.

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

And again, we see a person who quotes Scripture but doesn't understand it.
Tell me - WHY did Jesus require Baptism for salvation (Mark 16:16) if He didn't mean it.
There are guarantees for a believer in Christ. The conditions you speak of are confessing and believing. Many confess but don't believe. Do you believe BOL? Rom 10:9-10

If you're not forgiven your condemned BOL. Believers are forgiven at the cross. The religious can't fathom such a love.

Romans 5:16 Again, the gift is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment that followed one sin brought condemnation, but the gift that followed many trespasses brought justification.
WRONG.

NOBODY was forgiven at the cross.
The consequences of our sins were PAID FOR at the cross.

We must cooperate with that grace in order to be forgiven.
No not really. The last trump and the great trump are seven years apart, and the word in Matt 24:31 is episunagó, not harpazo. The Lord gathers the first fruits (144,000), the main harvest (the church) and tribulation saints (the gleanings) all to himself at the end of the 70th week. There's only a (resurrection of the dead and a gathering), not a rapture at the end of the 70th week. God Bless.
And this is the most comical part of all.
You actually believe that only 144,000 Christians will make it to Heaven - pout of 7+ billion??
First of all - this is a symbolic number - and unless you're a virgin and male - you're NOT one of them (Rev. 14:3).