Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lifelong sinner

As are you....some know it and admit it ....some don’t....we call the latter “ Blind Guides”

Paul had been a Born- Again Christian for at least Ten Years when he wrote Romans 7.....” I do what I HATE ”..... I guess he must have been referring to the Sinless Perfection He now possessed.....get real, Sinner ....you ain’t fooling anybody —- especially God , Who apparently” CHASTIZES “ Non-Sinners ......

i dont know what this is in response to…. Im missing something. Which comment is this in response to?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now back to the op: once saved, eternally saved?

Absolutely!
Nope!

“But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Mat 24:13)
Yep! In God's Context of prophecy/law, through 12 apostles = Mat 24:13, But:

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

Out of God's Context of Pure GRACE In The Revelation Of The Mystery,
Where God, Through ONE GRACE apostle, Paul, Teaches:

For All who have simply and humbly trusted/believed/placed 100% faith in:

The LORD JESUS CHRIST, HIS Death (Precious BLOOD),
Burial, And Resurrection!:​

1) Saved BY GRACE Through faith! Ephesians 2:4-5, 8-9
Not works/SELF by "enduring to the end" under law!​

2) The LORD Knoweth them that Are HIS! 2 Timothy 2:19

a) How Long Has He Known them? ALWAYS! Correct?

HIS Are Chosen/Predestinated/Accepted In The Beloved { SON },
By God, The Father, Before Time Began! Ephesians 1:4-6
compare:
b) Does He "Know" them that are Not "His Own"? Nope!
He NEVER "Knew them!" (Mat 7:21-23)
3) Accepted In The Beloved, To The Praise Of The Glory Of HIS GRACE!
(Ephesians 1:6) ......... Not to the "glory of law-keepers enduring to the end!"
(see Romans 11:6 "Cancellations!")​

All Of The Above Are Because Of The "FINISHED" Work
Of CHRIST On The CROSS
, For God's Glory And GRACE!

Not
for "man's glory And BOASTING!" We Will Pray for you, And:

Only about 140 More Plain And Clear Passages to go:

God's OPERATION On All His New-born babes In CHRIST!
+
God's ETERNAL Assurance!
Yep! Absolutely!!

GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks who deny water immersion to be saved will give an answer on judgment day.
But humble folks who are:

1) Baptized By God's ONE Baptism

BY” ONE Holy Spirit!
(Ephesians 4:3-6; 1 Corinthians 12:13):

Into HIS Death, And Buried With HIM!

(Romans 6:3 Colossians 2:12)
Into HIS ONE Body!! (1 Corinthians 12:13)
Into JESUS CHRIST!!! (Romans 6:3; Galatians 3:27)​

2) Blessed With All Spiritual Blessings In Heavenly Places In CHRIST!

3) Circumcised With The Circumcision Of CHRIST! (Colossians 2:11)

With God's FREE Gift Of EVERLASTING Life...:

God's OPERATION On All His New-born babes In CHRIST!
+
(Now about 135 More Plain And Clear Passages Of God's Truth to go?)
God's ETERNAL Assurance!

...will give an account At The Bema Judgment Seat Of Christ! Amen?

oops, did we just expose "water baptismal regeneration"? Better obey
Romans 16:17
, eh? So, good bye, @Titus...Will pray for you...

GRACE And Peace...

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Lifelong sinner.
I know what you believe friend.
I am asking Bloodbought 1953.

Have you noticed His teachings are not backed with scriptures?

I can back up anything you want me to...Sometimes I do not take the time to look up every chapter and verse and quote it in here....I assume that “ most” people that participate in here know at LEAST a little bit about the Bible and recognize Truth when they see it...I guess that I should take the time to spell things out word-for-Word for those that don’t even understand Christianity 101, like you perhaps...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you noticed His teachings are not backed with scriptures?

Quote Scripture until you are blue in the face....Its worse than worthless if you don't Rightly Divide it......Here’s a “quote” for you—- “The Devil can quote Scripture for his purposes” ...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance is repenting from sin.

When the Bible says “ repent from sin”, and it “ does” say that—-DO IT!

When the Bible says to “ Repent from Sins in order to get and stay Saved” —- Do “ THAT” to !

When you find that second example..... let me know.....I’ll give you $1000 ....it ain't in the KJV...

To “ get and stay Saved” , ” REST in the Gospel Of 1 Cor 15:1-4...... If one has changed their mind ( the type of repentance God requires for Salvation) from NOT Believing the Gospel to actually BELIEVING the Gospel, that person has done all the True Repenting That He ever need do....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the last chapter of Mark, just before Jesus ascends to heaven his final instructions to his apostles are to go preach the gospel to the world. Then he tells them that whoever believes their teachings, and is baptized will be saved. And if someone does not believe (then why would they be baptized) they will be damned.

Are these instructions from Jesus, overridden and put under foot by Peter and Paul in some kind of a debate?

Nope.....The Plan got changed ....Jesus Himself changed it....There was a period of time in the first part of Acts where one had to repent and be baptized in water to receive the Holy Spirit ....later it was discovered that people were receiving the Holy Spirit and Speaking In Tongues as proof of it BEFORE they were Baptized! Read the ENTIRE Book Of Acts....it is a Book Of Transition where Peter’s True Doctrine Of water Baptism for Salvation got Replaced by Paul’s True Doctrine Of Salvation by Simple Belief.....With Peter it was all about “ Who Jesus WAS” ( the Messiah, the Christ, the Son Of God) .....with Paul , the Saving Message was “ What Jesus DID!” ( Died for our Sins and rose from the Grave) .....there was a great debate about this “ change”, but in the End , Peter came to agree with Paul and extended the right hand of fellowship with him...Peter came to agree with Paul and later said that anything that Paul wrote in his letters was As Valid as anything else to be found in Scripture....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.....The Plan got changed ....Jesus Himself changed it....There was a period of time in the first part of Acts where one had to repent and be baptized in water to receive the Holy Spirit ....later it was discovered that people were receiving the Holy Spirit and Speaking In Tongues as proof of it BEFORE they were Baptized! Read the ENTIRE Book Of Acts....it is a Book Of Transition where Peter’s True Doctrine Of water Baptism for Salvation got Replaced by Paul’s True Doctrine Of Salvation by Simple Belief.....With Peter it was all about “ Who Jesus WAS” ( the Messiah, the Christ, the Son Of God) .....with Paul , the Saving Message was “ What Jesus DID!” ( Died for our Sins and rose from the Grave) .....there was a great debate about this “ change”, but in the End , Peter came to agree with Paul and extended the right hand of fellowship with him...Peter came to agree with Paul and later said that anything that Paul wrote in his letters was As Valid as anything else to be found in Scripture....

That’s quite a crafty and cunning way to void biblical doctrine!

“…be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive” (Ephesians 4:14)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s quite a crafty and cunning way to void biblical doctrine!

“…be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive” (Ephesians 4:14)

You and anybody else is welcome to read the Book Of Acts In it’s ENTIRETY and then tell me I am wrong.....please work to be a “ Better Student Of The Word”....

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL apostles agree. It is men like Grace Ambassador who do not agree with Jesus or the apostles doctrine.
Folks who deny water immersion to be saved will give an answer on judgment day.
There will be a reckoning day, and I hope we all come out of that judgement with an invitation to come to heaven.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to do some study of Acts and see if you are right. I cannot believe that the doctrine of baptism that John the Baptist and Jesus taught and passed on to his apostles was changed to "don't need baptism now" by the end of Acts. Let's see, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will be a reckoning day, and I hope we all come out of that judgement with an invitation to come to heaven.
Precious friend:
Too late, we "members Of The Body Of Christ," Saved ETERNALLY By
GRACE Through faith In The Death, Burial, And Resurrection Of
The LORD/Saviour, JESUS CHRIST, Are
Already "seated in Heavenly
Places
" In Him (Ephesians 1:3; 2:6), Being BAPTIZED By The:

ONE BAPTISM, BY The ONE Spirit, Made spiritually to "drink Into ONE Spirit,"
Baptized Into, Immersed In, Identified With The ONE Body Of CHRIST.
(Ephesians_4:5; Colossians_2:12; Galatians_3:27;​
Romans_6:3-4; 1 Corinthians_12:13) ONE BAPTISM (Not water!)​

Apparently you must have Missed post #2324, eh?

Are you not Confusing the "reckoning day" of UNbelievers (Rev 20:11-15), where
they are ALL (names NOT Found In The Lamb's Book Of LIFE!), "cast into the
lake of fire"? There is NO "UNbelievers invitation to heaven" here!!

The "ETERNAL members" Of The Body Of Christ Are JUDGED At The Bema Seat
Of Christ, where we ask: Will we receive reward, according to our "labour"?:

1Co 3:6 "Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and
every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour."​

"For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's
husbandry, ye are God's building. According to The GRACE
Of God Which Is Given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder,
I have laid The Foundation, and another buildeth Thereon.

But let every man take heed how he buildeth Thereupon.
For other foundation can no man lay than That Is Laid,
Which Is JESUS CHRIST.
Now if any man build upon This Foundation gold, silver, precious
stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest:
for The {JUDGMENT} Day Shall Declare it, because it shall be revealed
by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

If any man's work abide which he hath built Thereupon, he shall receive
a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he
himself Shall Be Saved; yet so as by fire." (1 Co 3:9-15)
There is NO Body Of Christ "believers invitation to heaven" here! Heaven Is Where
This Judgment Takes Place, Since "sins of believers" Were Already JUDGED At
The Cross!
Amen? Or don't believe it, the risk is up to you...

GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul didnt war against sin.
And the reason you think he did, is because you never kept reading past your verse.
See, your verse, is not the end of Paul's teaching.....its just the end of yours.

But, had you read a bible, a New Testament..... Paul's letters, you would have found that Paul wrote this..

"Christ ALWAYS gives me the VICTORY".

See that word "always"....
It means "always".
Christ ALWAYS gave Paul the Victory, and Paul explains why and how.
You just have to study a bit more and find out.
Or, you can listen to a good teacher, and find out.
Up to you, really.

You are delusional and think you're gonna tell me something in the word.........get real.

Ever study those " IF'S" in God's word ?

I have no teacher except the Holy Spirit and I let him teach me the word, NOT a mere mortal man.

Take your silly fight to someone else.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) You saying that Jesus Himself changed his doctrine from "being baptized" to "no baptism is necessary"?
You need to give me scripture where Jesus made this change himself. Thank you.

2) You say that in Acts there was a time when the Holy Ghost was received after a person was baptized in water?
In Acts 2, Peter set out the model for someone who wanted to be a member of the church what they should do after they believe in Jesus.
Repent and be baptized and then receive the Holy Ghost. This is the most clearly stated doctrine in the book of Acts.

In Acts 6, Paul received the Holy Ghost and then received baptism, this is after he believed. So a little different than the model that Peter set out for us. I will tell you what I think about this after we talk about Cornelius in chapter 10.

In Acts 8:14-17 an interesting encounter with people baptized and the apostles. A good example of Peters model in Acts 2:38. Read it, it is good.

In Acts 9, Peter raised Dorcas from the dead and all of Jappa turned to the Lord. But no mention of baptism or the Holy Ghost after they believed and turned to the Lord. Did they not have to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost or was it just not recorded in the bible?

In Acts 10, Peter went to the house of Cornelius and when he entered the room he knew that the Holy Spirit was upon them. He taught them and then baptized the whole family. The first gentiles baptized in the name of Jesus and became members of the church.
I believe that like Paul the Holy Ghost can fall on who he will to witness that Jesus is the Christ. However, it is of a temporary nature until the person believes, repents, and is baptized, and then the gift of the Holy Ghost is given to the person as a more permanent part of their nature now that they are baptized and washed clean.

I will continue through Acts in a second post. It is interesting.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope!

“But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:13)

What do you mean......SHALL ENDURE unto the end?
Define what....Endure means?
Explain WHO exactly is Enduring...
What end? End of what exactly?