Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t really improve on this: From “Got Questions”.....you show very good evidence that you are Saved....you show * EXTEMELY* Good Evidence that you lack ASSURANCE....You talk a lot about “ Trying”, and that might be your problem....A wiser person than myself said the Following—— “ God will Save NO ONE that us “ Trying” to be Saved......He will Save EVERYBODY that is “TRUSTING “ to be Saved.....”Let go and let God”..... you are in my prayers....

I copied the following....

We tend to seek assurance of salvation in the things God is doing in our lives, in our spiritual growth, in the good works and obedience to God’s Word that is evident in our Christian walk. While these things can be evidence of salvation, they are not what we should base the assurance of our salvation on. Rather, we should find the assurance of our salvation in the objective truth of God’s Word. We should have confident trust that we are saved based on the promises God has declared, not because of our subjective experiences.

How can you have assurance of salvation? Consider 1 John 5:11–13: “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life” (emphasis added). Who is it that has the Son? It is those who have believed in Him (John 1:12). If you have Jesus, you have life. Not temporary life, but eternal. And, according to 1 John 5:13, you can know that you have this eternal life.

God wants us to have assurance of our salvation. We should not live our Christian lives wondering and worrying each day whether we are truly saved. That is why the Bible makes the plan of salvation so clear. Believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Acts 16:31). Do you believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins and rose again from the dead (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21)? Do you trust Him alone for salvation? If your answer to these questions is “yes,” you are saved! Assurance means freedom from doubt. By taking God’s Word to heart, you can have no doubt about the reality of your eternal salvation.

Jesus Himself assures those who believe in Him: “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand” (John 10:28–29). Eternal life is just that—eternal. There is no one, not even yourself, who can take Christ’s God-given gift of salvation away from you.

Take joy in what God’s Word is saying to you: instead of doubting, we can live with confidence! We can have the assurance from Christ’s own Word that our salvation will never be in question. Our assurance of salvation is based on the perfect and complete salvation God has provided for us through Jesus Christ. Are you trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior? If the answer is “yes,” rest assured, you are saved.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you talk about “ Repentance”, are you talking about “ repenting from sin?” If you ” are” doing that, its no wonder you find yourself “ spinning your wheels”.....The Repentance That Saves is not being sorry for sin ( was there anybody ever more “sorry” than Judas? He is damned ).....The Repentance That Saves is not “Turning over a New Leaf” ....

The word “ Repentance” comes from the Greek word “ metanoia” that literally means “ mind change” ...
Trusting the Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4 is what Saves a man today...that Gospel is “ foolishness” to those that Perish.....If you never saw the NEED to Trust in the Gospel ( acknowledging that you are a Sinner That can’t save himself by being “ good enough” ) and after that ,Choosing NOT to Believe it , you are completely Lost.....If you Repent, or Change your Mind about the Truth Of The Gospel ( seeing that you need it and choosing to put your trust in *IT* alone as your+means of Salvation) you have accomplished the only “ Repenting” That God commands in order to GET and STAY Saved.....

Repentance is changing ones mind towards sin.
Changing ones mind to turn from a sinfull living to God.
That requires to live godly lives.

2Corinthians 7:10,
-For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted: but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Repentance is from sin,
Revelation 9:21,
-and they did not repent of their murders(sins) or their sorceries(sin) or their sexual immorality(sin) or their thefts(sin).

Repentance is repenting from sin.

Acts 2:37 the Jews already had faith.
Acts 2:38 they were told to repent.
What were they to repent of?
Answer,
Acts 2:36,
-therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified(sin) both Lord and Christ.

They must repent of the sin of unbelief and for murdering their Messiah. Also all of their sins must be repented of.
Unbelief is a sin,
Hebrews 3:12,
-beware brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God.

Repentance is also a work.

Matthew 12:41,
-The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgement with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah: and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.

Jonah 3:10,
-Then God saw their works that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it.

Turning away from sin is repentance.
They repented at the preaching of Jonah.
God saw their work of turning away from their sins.

Repentance is a work.
Repentance is from sin.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, im pretty sure i have acknowledged that i am indeed quite the sinner, worse than most i figure. And i acknowledge that i cant stop sinning, no matter what i have tried...
Amen! That is REPENTANCE = Agreeing With God, And His Inerrant Word,
Which Condemns
us, one And ALL!:

"As It Is WRITTEN, There is NONE righteous, NOT ONE!" (Romans_3:10)
+
"ALL have sinned, and come short Of The Glory Of God!" (Romans_3:23)

Apparently, Then, you believe God's Statements Of Fact Here, and you
"DO NOT question It, is that Correct, @Lifelong_sinner?

Now, Next you say:
...i have always said the Bible is inerrant. And i get that i need a Saviour. I have never questioned what the Bible says. Its not an issue of lack of trust, its an issue of why wont God save me?
1) Stating A Fact, and believing A Fact, Are TWO Different things, Correct?

2) IF:
a) you believe (TRUST, have FAITH) that The BIBLE Is Inerrant! and:

b) you believe you "are being TRUTHFUL" WHEN you state:

"I have NEVER questioned what the Bible says"
c) So, then you have NO PROBLEM questioning IT with an ISSUE of:

"why wont God save me?"
d) Isn't b) and c) Contradictory? As God Has Clearly Stated In His
Inerrant Word Of Truth:

"WHOSOEVER Shall Call Upon The Name Of The LORD
SHALL BE SAVED!" (Acts_2:21; Romans_10:13)​

@Lifelong_sinner, Since This is TRUE, And as you STATE you BELIEVE, And
God KEEPS (Doesn't LIE About) HIS Inerrant Word, shouldn't you now:

UNContradict yourself, stop asking the foolish question above, stop questioning
God's Word, and change your name to @ ETERNAL saint, Instead ???

In all kindness and love, you Will Be ETERNALLY glad you did so!!

GRACE And Peace to you...

Last edited:

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many people read Acts 2:8 and stop there.....Acts is a Transitional Book...one must read the entire Book....What was proper Doctrine under Peter at the beginning of the Book got changed from Repentance, Baptism and WHO JESUS WAS to WHAT JESUS * DID* .....Peter and Paul debated the issue....by the end of Acts they were in agreement....one did NOT have to be Baptized in water to receive the Holy Spirit —- as Paul Taught, one could get the Spirit by Now simply Believing in His Gospel—- Given to Him by Jesus....
In the last chapter of Mark, just before Jesus ascends to heaven his final instructions to his apostles are to go preach the gospel to the world. Then he tells them that whoever believes their teachings, and is baptized will be saved. And if someone does not believe (then why would they be baptized) they will be damned.

Are these instructions from Jesus, overridden and put under foot by Peter and Paul in some kind of a debate?

Last edited:
Reactions: Titus

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
while not heretical teaching, the belief that we are three parts is wrong. We are flesh, and a soul.

You can take your complaint up with Paul.

]1Thessalonians 5:23,
-Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the last chapter of Mark, just before Jesus ascends to heaven he instructs his apostles to go preach the gospel to the world. Then he tells them that whoever believes their teachings, and is baptized will be saved. And if someone does not believe (then why would they be baptized) they will be damned.

Are these instructions from Jesus, overridden and put under foot by Peter and Paul in some kind of a debate?

ALL apostles agree. It is men like Grace Ambassador who do not agree with Jesus or the apostles doctrine.
Folks who deny water immersion to be saved will give an answer on judgment day.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHOSOEVER Shall Call Upon The Name Of The LORD
SHALL BE SAVED!" (Acts_2:21; Romans_10:13)

How we call upon the name of the Lord.
By faith only? No way, learn the Biblical calling on the name of the Lord.

Peter tells the Jews to call upon the name of the Lord.
Acts 2:21,
-And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved.

Peter tells the Jews he is preaching to, that they must call on the name of the Lord to be saved.
Now read on, you will learn the Jews did not know how to call on the name of the Lord.
Acts 2:37,
-Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

They do not know how to call on the name of the Lord!
Peter explains how to call on the name of the Lord in the next verse,
Acts 2:38,
-Then Peter said to them, Repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Peter teaches them how to call on the name of the Lord.
By repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

Just as Paul called on the name of the Lord.
Acts 22:16,
-and now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

That is the Bible way to call on the name of the Lord.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, im pretty sure i have acknowledged that i am indeed quite the sinner, worse than most i figure. And i acknowledge that i cant stop sinning, no matter what i have tried...
Which Condemns
us, one And ALL!:

Not trying to be “ picky”, but to be precise , I think this is more the “ Conviction Of Sin” than it is “ Repentance”

This Conviction Of Sin is what sets everything else in motion.....Seeing and acknowledging that you are a Lost and hopeless Sinner and never “ good enough” to merit Eternal life .....seeing that you MUST have a Savior —- this is the Realization and thinking of the man who has a “ Contrite Heart”..... That Contrite Heart was a gift from the Holy Spirit....it is what God is looking for...it is where Salvation begins...

After all of the rules.....after all of the Laws....after all of the sacrifices....God condensed everything and revealed the POINT of all of these things....in the end, what is it that God Wanted?....”The ( only) Sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God is a humble and Contrite Heart—- a broken Spirit ( seeing your wretchedness before a Holy God) is the one that God will not despise and reject....

After one has been Convicted and made Contrite - Once one sees that he is headed for Hell like a speeding bullet and is fully Deserving of his Fate —- THEN he is ready to find the way to get Recused or Saved from the Damnation That He has earned....Repentance is the Answer —-NOT “Turning *FROM* Sins” ——( That will occur AFTER the following) , but Turning * TO* God, as in “ Turn to Me and I will Turn to you”

Take your Holy Spirit inspired “eye-opening” that gave you a Contrite Heart and showed you that you were a Lost Sinner and THEN “ TURN TO GOD” as the Sinful Publican did.....cry out, “ Lord , have Mercy on me a Sinner” .....God Promises to “ Show Mercy on ALL that ask for it” ....only one with a Repentant or Contrite Heart will see and ask for this Mercy ( Grace) that will Save Him...that man who has received God’s Mercy will “ Have His Heart Opened” to the reception of the Gospel Of Jesus Christ.....the Belief in that Gospel and that Gospel ALONE ( NEVER add to it lest you “ Fall From Grace”) is what Saves a man ....

A Contrite Heart leads to Repentance..... Repentance has you Turning to God for Mercy....God’s Mercy “opens your eyes” to the Truth Of The Gospel and it is no longer “Foolishness” to you as it is to “ those that Perish”..... when you Trust in the Gospel , you are Saved..... Forever...

If you are an Unsaved man or woman, why not get the process started? Turn to God and ask that He give you that Mandatory “ Contrite Heart” ..... then watch Him go to work in your life....

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Condemns
us, one And ALL!:

Not trying to be “ picky”, but to be precise , I think this is more the “ Conviction Of Sin” than it is “ Repentance”

This Conviction Of Sin is what sets everything else in motion.....Seeing and acknowledging that you are a Lost and hopeless Sinner and never “ good enough” to merit Eternal life .....seeing that you MUST have a Savior —- this is the Realization and thinking of the man who has a “ Contrite Heart”..... That Contrite Heart was a gift from the Holy Spirit....it is what God is looking for...it is where Salvation begins...

After all of the rules.....after all of the Laws....after all of the sacrifices....God condensed everything and revealed the POINT of all of these things....in the end, what is it that God Wanted?....”The ( only) Sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God is a humble and Contrite Heart—- a broken Spirit ( seeing your wretchedness before a Holy God) is the one that God will not despise and reject....

After one has been Convicted and made Contrite - Once one sees that he is headed for Hell like a speeding bullet and is fully Deserving of his Fate —- THEN he is ready to find the way to get Recused or Saved from the Damnation That He has earned....Repentance is the Answer —-NOT “Turning *FROM* Sins” ——( That will occur AFTER the following) , but Turning * TO* God, as in “ Turn to Me and I will Turn to you”

Take your Holy Spirit inspired “eye-opening” that gave you a Contrite Heart and showed you that you were a Lost Sinner and THEN “ TURN TO GOD” as the Sinful Publican did.....cry out, “ Lord , have Mercy on me a Sinner” .....God Promises to “ Show Mercy on ALL that ask for it” ....only one with a Repentant or Contrite Heart will see and ask for this Mercy ( Grace) that will Save Him...that man who has received God’s Mercy will “ Have His Heart Opened” to the reception of the Gospel Of Jesus Christ.....the Belief in that Gospel and that Gospel ALONE ( NEVER add to it lest you “ Fall From Grace”) is what Saves a man ....

A Contrite Heart leads to Repentance..... Repentance has you Turning to God for Mercy....God’s Mercy “opens your eyes” to the Truth Of The Gospel and it is no longer “Foolishness” to you as it is to “ those that Perish”..... when you Trust in the Gospel , you are Saved..... Forever...

If you are an Unsaved man or woman, why not get the process started? Turn to God and ask that He give you that Mandatory “ Contrite Heart” ..... then watch Him go to work in your life....

Do you believe the doctrine of born in sin, sin Nature?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe the doctrine of born in sin, sin Nature?

absolutely.
WCF chpt 6 states;
“2. By this sin they fell from their original righteousness and communion with God, and so became dead in sin, and wholly defiled in all the parts and faculties of soul and body.

3. They being the root of all mankind, the guilt of this sin was imputed; and the same death in sin, and corrupted nature, conveyed to all their posterity descending from them by ordinary generation.

4. From this original corruption, whereby we are utterly indisposed, disabled, and made opposite to all good, and wholly inclined to all evil, do proceed all actual transgressions.”

also notice in part 2, at the end, it states soul and body. We are not triune as God is.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
absolutely.
WCF chpt 6 states;
“2. By this sin they fell from their original righteousness and communion with God, and so became dead in sin, and wholly defiled in all the parts and faculties of soul and body.

3. They being the root of all mankind, the guilt of this sin was imputed; and the same death in sin, and corrupted nature, conveyed to all their posterity descending from them by ordinary generation.

4. From this original corruption, whereby we are utterly indisposed, disabled, and made opposite to all good, and wholly inclined to all evil, do proceed all actual transgressions.”

also notice in part 2, at the end, it states soul and body. We are not triune as God is.

Hi, Lifelong sinner.
I know what you believe friend.
I am asking Bloodbought 1953.

Have you noticed His teachings are not backed with scriptures?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lifelong sinner

As are you....some know it and admit it ....some don’t....we call the latter “ Blind Guides”

Paul had been a Born- Again Christian for at least Ten Years when he wrote Romans 7.....” I do what I HATE ”..... I guess he must have been referring to the Sinless Perfection He now possessed.....get real, Sinner ....you ain’t fooling anybody —- especially God , Who apparently” CHASTIZES “ Non-Sinners ......

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance is not a work.

You are disagreeing with God.
His word teaches repentance is a work.

Repentance is changing ones mind towards sin.
Changing ones mind to turn from a sinfull living to God.
That requires to live godly lives.

2Corinthians 7:10,
-For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted: but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Repentance is from sin,
Revelation 9:21,
-and they did not repent of their murders(sins) or their sorceries(sin) or their sexual immorality(sin) or their thefts(sin).

Repentance is repenting from sin.

Acts 2:37 the Jews already had faith.
Acts 2:38 they were told to repent.
What were they to repent of?
Answer,
Acts 2:36,
-therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified(sin) both Lord and Christ.

They must repent of the sin of unbelief and for murdering their Messiah. Also all of their sins must be repented of.
Unbelief is a sin,
Hebrews 3:12,
-beware brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God.

Repentance is also a work.

Matthew 12:41,
-The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgement with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah: and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.

Jonah 3:10,
-Then God saw their works that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it.

Turning away from sin is repentance.
They repented at the preaching of Jonah.
God saw their work of turning away from their sins.

Repentance is a work.
Repentance is from sin.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And who is it that Endures but he that Believes that Jesus is the Son Of God....1 John5:5

“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)

He endures to the end keeping himself.

Reactions: Titus