Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe the bible or his word, trust in Him for everything, pray and walk in obedience. Who cares if others say these are works, they lie !

Assurance comes from the peace of God that is shed abroad in our hearts. The sweet communion and warmth of his prescience assures us we are His and are walking uprightly before him.

If you do not know what you BELIEVE return to his word. If you do not know if you are His child then get on your knees and PRAY until he blesses you with assurance.

Only God is correct so let every man and what man says be a lie. Stand firm !

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If That Holy Spirit hangs around long enough, the RESULT of that Spirit will very likely lead you to the Wisdom to Submitting......It SHOULD and probably WILL happen—- it just does not HAVE to to prove you are Saved.
Assurance that you are really saved comes from the change the Holy Spirit makes in your life. The Bible tells us that the assurance that you really are called and elected to salvation comes from how we live, not from what we claim with our mouths. I mean, even fake believers say they are believers! That's what makes them fake!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe the bible or his word, trust in Him for everything, pray and walk in obedience. Who cares if others say these are works, they lie !

Assurance comes from the peace of God that is shed abroad in our hearts. The sweet communion and warmth of his prescience assures us we are His and are walking uprightly before him.

If you do not know what you BELIEVE return to his word. If you do not know if you are His child then get on your knees and PRAY until he blesses you with assurance.

Only God is correct so let every man and what man says be a lie. Stand firm !
I'm sorry, but this is not how the Bible says to have the assurance that you are really saved.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but this is not how the Bible says to have the assurance that you are really saved.

Okay!
Tell you what ,I'll do as God tells me and assures me and you do you.
I AM NOT THE PATTERN ,GOD IS !

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay!
Tell you what ,I'll do as God tells me and assures me and you do you.
I AM NOT THE PATTERN ,GOD IS !
The love of God shed in our hearts is a valid experience. But even Mormon's claim to have this welling up in the heart. By itself, seeking such an experience can be deceitful. The changed life is where we draw assurance that we belong to the truth. John devoted an entire letter to this subject. It has been largely discarded as untrue by Christians.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Col_2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

1Th_1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Heb_6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

Heb_10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1Jn_4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jn_5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1Jn_5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

1Jn_5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1Jn_5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

1Jn_5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

We should have full assurance right now, having been seal with the Holy Spirit and bearing witness conjointly with our spirit that we ARE children/sons of God.
J.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The love of God shed in our hearts is a valid experience. But even Mormon's claim to have this welling up in the heart. By itself, seeking such an experience can be deceitful. The changed life is where we draw assurance that we belong to the truth. John devoted an entire letter to this subject. It has been largely discarded as untrue by Christians.

The changed life is a given and an example to the world of God and his redemption.
I do not care what others say their experiences are. I know where I walk and what the fullness of God does in my life.

MANY PPL CLAIM MANY THINGS, ILL LEAVE IT FOR GOD TO SORT OUT.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jn_5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1Jn_5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

1Jn_5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1Jn_5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

1Jn_5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
You didn't cite any of John's verses that explicitly tell us how we know we belong to the truth.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MANY PPL CLAIM MANY THINGS, ILL LEAVE IT FOR GOD TO SORT OUT.
No, don't leave it for God to sort out. John wrote 1 John specifically so the church could identify fake believers. The church he was writing to was being deceived by fake believers/teachers. John taught them how to identify fakes. That lesson is for us today. But almost everyone in the church has rejected his teachings and thinks they are doing something righteous by leaving it for God to sort out.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite simple.
Yes I believe that.
No I do not believe that.
No, you can tell what you or someone else REALLY believes by what they do: Example: I don't have a dime in the stock market. What does that tell you about what I believe about the stock market?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
From the context what it is it that we diligently show that gives us assurance of our hope?

Heb 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Ministering and service brother indicative of a transformed style of life through and in the sphere of the Holy Spirit and here Mat 25 is Imperative.
If my "lingo" is cryptic just reread it a couple of times.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

I was a witness in seeing my wife live this out to the fullest.
J.