Only 2 Comings by Lord Jesus, Not 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't subscribe to any interpretation of Scripture, ESPECIALLY JESUIT INTERPRETATIONS, which don't account for the period of destruction and uninhabited Earth.

The only one that accounts for it is the one I presented, which is fully substantiated by Scripture and does not require that we pretend all those verses about a desolate Earth don't exist.
Instead of calling God's Word, Jesuit, which is blasphemy, just give the words of the Scriptures that claim uninhabited. Do you think Noah came out of the ark to a desolated earth or a brand new lush garden that needed no work done to it? A desolate earth can be lived in. Desolate does not mean uninhabitable. The Amazon jungle is uninhabitable for modern technology. It has inhabitants who live there just fine, minus modern technology.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After 2 days, comes the 3rd day. The 3rd day is the Sabbath where Israel will be the premier Nation ruled by Jesus Christ physically on earth. The remnant will be resurrected. This would be the resurrection of Revelation 20:4. They will be given incorruptible bodies and cannot be part of the Second death. They reign on earth for 1000 years, and still reign on the new earth in a new reality.
true for there is only two resurrections, Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection." so a 1,000 years is between the first and the second resurrection
Jesus was born in 4BC, by current calendar standards. It would be 2030, since the Cross, not 2033. The shortened days means the Second Coming will happen closer to 2030, than 10.5 years prior to 2030.
any dates, is no concern to me, the only thing I want to be is about my Father business. if he comes in my lifetime, fine, if not, fine also.
The reason why time cannot go past 2030 is not based on the Second Coming at all. It is based on the fact Adam disobeyed God 5991 years ago. God says in Exodus 20: "6 Days shalt though work". Adam's punishment cannot exceed 6 days, 6000 years. The Cross was 4000 years after the day Adam disobeyed and sin entered the world, and Adam left the Garden of Eden. On Sunday, after the Cross all the OT church returned to the Garden, Jesus called on the Cross, Paradise. The thief, the first NT church member to enter Paradise arrived first. His soul entered Paradise when he died a few hours after the Atonement was physically made.
I never say nothing is so untill Gos says it's so. for with God all things are possible.
At the Cross in Matthew 27, the bodies of the OT saints were walking around on earth. Here is the difference between a dead body and the soul entering Paradise and a Resurrection body that is incorruptible. One cannot claim, Jesus Christ was physically resurrected, and then deny those who heard His voice arecnot physically resurrected in incorruptible bodies. When Jesus Christ yelled out it is finished, the OT church heard His voice all over the earth, and came out of their graves like Lazarus did a few weeks prior. The OT church was the firstfruits of the NT church.
I'm not in agreement with that, there will be only ONE HARVEST, and christ is the FIRST FRUIT of this ONE harvest, supportive scripture, Matthew 13:30 "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." so only ONE HARVEST.
However, the thief on the Cross already proved that the soul at death went to a permanent incorruptible body in Paradise. That was the promise Jesus made that day. Not that the thief would bodily raise in the future. The Cross was the Last Day Resurrection! All those from Abel to John the Baptist were resurrected at the Cross. Lazarus was the premier example of that Last Day Resurrection that happened at the Cross. Their resurection was the physically changed incorruptible body resurrection. They ascended with Jesus after Jesus met Mary, and has not ascended yet. It was an ascension that Sunday, because Jesus Christ came back in a different form that same day. Mark 16:12
again I must disagree with you here on the thief on the Cross already in Paradise. NOT on that DAY, nor even the Lord HIMSEFEL was not in Paradise, NOT THAT "DAY". when he told the thief on the Cross today you'll be with me in Paradise, lets get the clear understand of this, Luke 23:42 "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." Luke 23:43 "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
this is the KEYWORD, "REMEMBER" me. if it was that DAY, did the Lord Jesus had a short memory? no, Malachi 3:16 "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name." and yes, the thief on the Cross, yes, he had, A. the fear of God and B. called on the name of the Lord. Luke 23:39 "And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us."
Luke 23:40 "But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?"
Luke 23:41 "And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss."
Luke 23:42 "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." BINGO, remember me .... when? when thou comest into thy kingdom.
12 After that, Yeshua appeared in another form to two of them as they were walking into the country.
correct, did you notice what he said? listen, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." now, right there in that statement, it nullify those who rose in Matthews 27. because the Lord Jesus don't LIE, if those had a resurrected body like him, then his statement would have been something like this, "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see WE have." for a spirit, NOT like us, but him only, shows that he is the only FIRST FRUIT. for those who rose only appeared, but was not handled.
That point seems lost even to preterist in all their historicity. The OT church did not die again. That is an impossibility after the Cross. If that were the case, then Jesus had to physically die to get to Paradise as well. No where in Scripture can you find that except Peter at Pentecost. However Paul says at the Second Coming Christ will being them with bodies with Him as He is physically resurrected.

Peter was not directly stating a doctrine. Peter was using an illustration which was never verified if King David was still in his tomb. At the least his corruptible body was, but his soul and incorruptible body was at that time physically in Paradise. The First Resurrection is not a when. The First Resurrection is a type, it is a physical incorruptible body, that can never die again. It is the body that can be touched by all since after that first ascension with the OT church.

Even the NT church will come with Christ the Lamb at the Second Coming to meet those alive who remain, in the air. The church is one since the Cross, no more separation of the OT from the NT church.
what is coming with Christ is the spirit of, of, of, the souls that was, or had died before his coming. because a soul is only alive/conscious when the spirit is in a body. and we get new bodies.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of calling God's Word, Jesuit, which is blasphemy, just give the words of the Scriptures that claim uninhabited. Do you think Noah came out of the ark to a desolated earth or a brand new lush garden that needed no work done to it? A desolate earth can be lived in. Desolate does not mean uninhabitable. The Amazon jungle is uninhabitable for modern technology. It has inhabitants who live there just fine, minus modern technology.
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, Revelation 21:5 "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."
just as he made the first heaven and the first earth NEW. Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."

PICJAG

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 23:42 "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." BINGO, remember me .... when? when thou comest into thy kingdom.
The thief was going by the OT promise. Jesus Christ was the NT promise.

The Lord is God in the three as Complete. God the Father was in Paradise and the Holy Spirit. The physical body Jesus was born with was in the grave. The thief was with the Lord that day. You have to go by both, not just the OT promise. Jesus still remembers the thief in person.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, Revelation 21:5 "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."
just as he made the first heaven and the first earth NEW. Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."

PICJAG
The NHNE is a totally different reality than now. I doubt sin will be introduced into it like current reality had 6000 years of sin.

The problem is that no one Remembers nor seems to care that God gave Himself the first 1000 years of creation to Himself, like He will the last 1000 years. Current reality was not just 6000 years of sin. There was 1000 years without sin at the beginning and 1000 years without sin at the end.

The NHNE will not be the same all over again. It is not eternity either. It is simply a totally brand new creation.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thief was going by the OT promise. Jesus Christ was the NT promise.

The Lord is God in the three as Complete. God the Father was in Paradise and the Holy Spirit. The physical body Jesus was born with was in the grave. The thief was with the Lord that day. You have to go by both, not just the OT promise. Jesus still remembers the thief in person.
ERROR, the Lord Jesus went to the spirits in prison, FOR 3 DAY, so that missed pardise by at least 2 DAYS. while his body in the grave. so the Lord Jesus was not in Pardise that day. 1 Peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;".

PICJAG

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of calling God's Word, Jesuit,
Make no mistake, God's Word isn't Jesuit, and Jesuit "Left Behind" Futurism isn't God's Word.
Do you think Noah came out of the ark to a desolated earth or a brand new lush garden that needed no work done to it?
Noah came out of the Ark to a breathable atmosphere and a planet with potable water and nutrient dense earth for growing food. Are you seriously going to argue that what is depicted in 2 Peter chapter 3 is comparable to those conditions? Do you not understand the severity of "the heavens and Earth shall pass away with a great noise and the elements shall melt with fervent heat. The earth and also the works therein shall be burned up"?
A desolate earth can be lived in. Desolate does not mean uninhabitable. The Amazon jungle is uninhabitable for modern technology. It has inhabitants who live there just fine, minus modern technology.
This is the most asinine thing I've read in a long time. Peter says there's no atmosphere, so what are we going to breathe, hopes and dreams? Jeremiah says "I beheld the earth...and there was no man" but you somehow got better intel that says there'll be millions of "left behind" folks? Isaiah says the Earth was "empty" and "dark", so how do you expect crops to grow with no oxygen or sunlight to feed all those non-existent tribulation people in the "empty" Earth?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, the Lord Jesus went to the spirits in prison, FOR 3 DAY, so that missed pardise by at least 2 DAYS. while his body in the grave. so the Lord Jesus was not in Pardise that day. 1 Peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;".

PICJAG
Matthew 27:50-53

50 But Yeshua, again crying out in a loud voice, yielded up his spirit.
51 At that moment the parokhet in the Temple was ripped in two from top to bottom; and there was an earthquake, with rocks splitting apart.
52 Also the graves were opened, and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life;
53 and after Yeshua rose, they came out of the graves and went into the holy city, where many people saw them.

Matthew's account puts it both ways. The last thing Jesus said on the Cross was, "It is finished". That it takes physical days to deal with souls, since in Peter spirit is not about God or our spirit, but about about vapors or physical shapes under ground, is not the point.

If there are physical bodies under the earth, is not my argument. There is a place under the earth, cause the earth is flat, but I doubt you want to get into that point. If you accept spirits are in the non-solid core of a planet, Peter could have been pointing that out. It would be a figurative description, not a literal tangible event.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make no mistake, God's Word isn't Jesuit, and Jesuit "Left Behind" Futurism isn't God's Word.
Noah came out of the Ark to a breathable atmosphere and a planet with potable water and nutrient dense earth for growing food. Are you seriously going to argue that what is depicted in 2 Peter chapter 3 is comparable to those conditions? Do you not understand the severity of "the heavens and Earth shall pass away with a great noise and the elements shall melt with fervent heat. The earth and also the works therein shall be burned up"?
This is the most asinine thing I've read in a long time. Peter says there's no atmosphere, so what are we going to breathe, hopes and dreams? Jeremiah says "I beheld the earth...and there was no man" but you somehow got better intel that says there'll be millions of "left behind" folks? Isaiah says the Earth was "empty" and "dark", so how do you expect crops to grow with no oxygen or sunlight to feed all those non-existent tribulation people in the "empty" Earth?
The atmosphere is not going to be gone. Your interpretation is the error. There is not going to be a 14 billion universe with stars, that is Satan’s deception that is burned up. So are all the works of man going to be burned up, cities and technology. All of western science and it's knowledge will be gone. Satan’s deception of the last 2500 years gone.

Peter did not use the word atmosphere. He used the term heaven and earth in relationship to what Satan has convinced humanity is "there", but it is only a virtual reality.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 27:50-53

50 But Yeshua, again crying out in a loud voice, yielded up his spirit.
51 At that moment the parokhet in the Temple was ripped in two from top to bottom; and there was an earthquake, with rocks splitting apart.
52 Also the graves were opened, and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life;
53 and after Yeshua rose, they came out of the graves and went into the holy city, where many people saw them.

Matthew's account puts it both ways. The last thing Jesus said on the Cross was, "It is finished". That it takes physical days to deal with souls, since in Peter spirit is not about God or our spirit, but about about vapors or physical shapes under ground, is not the point.

If there are physical bodies under the earth, is not my argument. There is a place under the earth, cause the earth is flat, but I doubt you want to get into that point. If you accept spirits are in the non-solid core of a planet, Peter could have been pointing that out. It would be a figurative description, not a literal tangible event.

First thanks for the reply. Not saying that you're right or wrong, but what was finish, was the OT. and the Law. a NEW Way to God is established. now as to souls, and spirit, (which is of God), the bible is crystal clear.
Ezekiel 18:3 "As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel."
Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."
NOW VERSE 9,
"Ezekiel 18:9 "Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD."

Now one more fact, God can destroy a soul in hell.. and David asked God not to leave his Soul in hell, Psalms 16:10 "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."

and to understand this, Ephesians 4:8 "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men."Ephesians 4:9 "(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?", not in body, for David sepulcher was still here on earth. Acts 2:29 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day." NOW VERSE 34 Acts 2:34 "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand," so this rules out anyone in heaven when you die.

for the Lord knows how to perserve, or reserve us, 2 Peter 2:9 "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:" now here's something interesting. this word "reserve" here is the Greek word,
G5083 τηρέω tereo (tee-re'-ō) v.
1. to guard (from loss or injury).
2. (properly) by keeping the eye upon, i.e. to note (a prophecy).
3. (thus, figuratively) to fulfil a command.
4. (by implication) to detain in custody.
5. (thus, figuratively) to maintain.
6. (by extension) to withhold for personal ends.
7. (thus, figuratively) to keep unmarried.
{differs from G5442, which is properly to prevent escaping; and from G2892, which implies a fortress or full military lines of apparatus}
[from teros “a watch” (perhaps akin to G2334)]
KJV: hold fast, keep(- er), (pre-, re-)serve, watch

and LOOK at the term for "PRISON" where these spirit was in 1 Peter 3:19.
G5438 φυλακή phulake (f ï-la-kee') n.
1. a guarding.
2. (concretely) guard (the act, the person).
3. (figuratively) the place, the condition.
4. (specially) the time (as a division of day or night).
{literally or figuratively}
[from G5442]
KJV: cage, hold, (im-)prison(-ment), ward, watch

but also this word "RESERVE" here in,
1 Peter 1:4 "To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,"

it's the same definition in 2 Peter 2:9 "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:" G5083 τηρέω tereo (tee-re'-ō) v.

so in conclusion, 1 Peter 1:5 gives us the answer, "Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.". so no one is in heaven, dead or alive, as to us humans. for if its in RESERVE, then we don't yet have it NOW, (that's why we wait in Faith/hope).. and again, 1 Peter 1:4 "To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you," and salvation is not until he returns.

so what's in heaven, is not you and I but what's there await us. and the only thing that is of us in heaven is our spirits, which came from GOD. but understand this, God is not just in heaven, he's everywhere, even in HELL, supportive scripture, Psalms 139:7 "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?"
Psalms 139:8 "If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." (JUST WHERE THOSE WHO WAS IN
DISOBEDIENCE, PRISON)
Psalms 139:9 "If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;"
Psalms 139:10 "Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."

PICJAG

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you'll notice, there is no 3rd coming written of. Only 2:

I wrote about this some years ago. "The Second Coming of Christ" is a title of an event, a figurative expression. Many people say they've seen Jesus appear to them. These literal experiences are not the event tied to Judgment.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply. Not saying that you're right or wrong, but what was finish, was the OT. and the Law. a NEW Way to God is established. now as to souls, and spirit, (which is of God), the bible is crystal clear.
Ezekiel 18:3 "As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel."
Ezekiel 18:4 "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."
NOW VERSE 9,
"Ezekiel 18:9 "Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD."

Now one more fact, God can destroy a soul in hell.. and David asked God not to leave his Soul in hell, Psalms 16:10 "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."

and to understand this, Ephesians 4:8 "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men."Ephesians 4:9 "(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?", not in body, for David sepulcher was still here on earth. Acts 2:29 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day." NOW VERSE 34 Acts 2:34 "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand," so this rules out anyone in heaven when you die.

for the Lord knows how to perserve, or reserve us, 2 Peter 2:9 "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:" now here's something interesting. this word "reserve" here is the Greek word,
G5083 τηρέω tereo (tee-re'-ō) v.
1. to guard (from loss or injury).
2. (properly) by keeping the eye upon, i.e. to note (a prophecy).
3. (thus, figuratively) to fulfil a command.
4. (by implication) to detain in custody.
5. (thus, figuratively) to maintain.
6. (by extension) to withhold for personal ends.
7. (thus, figuratively) to keep unmarried.
{differs from G5442, which is properly to prevent escaping; and from G2892, which implies a fortress or full military lines of apparatus}
[from teros “a watch” (perhaps akin to G2334)]
KJV: hold fast, keep(- er), (pre-, re-)serve, watch

and LOOK at the term for "PRISON" where these spirit was in 1 Peter 3:19.
G5438 φυλακή phulake (f ï-la-kee') n.
1. a guarding.
2. (concretely) guard (the act, the person).
3. (figuratively) the place, the condition.
4. (specially) the time (as a division of day or night).
{literally or figuratively}
[from G5442]
KJV: cage, hold, (im-)prison(-ment), ward, watch

but also this word "RESERVE" here in,
1 Peter 1:4 "To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,"

it's the same definition in 2 Peter 2:9 "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:" G5083 τηρέω tereo (tee-re'-ō) v.

so in conclusion, 1 Peter 1:5 gives us the answer, "Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.". so no one is in heaven, dead or alive, as to us humans. for if its in RESERVE, then we don't yet have it NOW, (that's why we wait in Faith/hope).. and again, 1 Peter 1:4 "To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you," and salvation is not until he returns.

so what's in heaven, is not you and I but what's there await us. and the only thing that is of us in heaven is our spirits, which came from GOD. but understand this, God is not just in heaven, he's everywhere, even in HELL, supportive scripture, Psalms 139:7 "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?"
Psalms 139:8 "If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." (JUST WHERE THOSE WHO WAS IN
DISOBEDIENCE, PRISON)
Psalms 139:9 "If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;"
Psalms 139:10 "Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."

PICJAG
The time of reservation or inability to enter Paradise came to a physical end at the Cross. The physical Atonement of the eternal Atonement was ratified by God in person.

That Day Paradise was opened. Resurrection Sunday was the ascension of physical incorruptible bodies into Paradise. Jesus Christ ascended Sunday just after talking to Mary in the garden. The OT church went to Paradise because the Cross removed the physical barrier.

That was the firstfruits of the Resurrection of Christ.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The time of reservation or inability to enter Paradise came to a physical end at the Cross. The physical Atonement of the eternal Atonement was ratified by God in person.

That Day Paradise was opened. Resurrection Sunday was the ascension of physical incorruptible bodies into Paradise. Jesus Christ ascended Sunday just after talking to Mary in the garden. The OT church went to Paradise because the Cross removed the physical barrier.

That was the firstfruits of the Resurrection of Christ.
GINOLJC, to all
first thanks for the reply, second, Paradise been open, but we haven't got there yet, not as a whole, (body). the first fruit is not the harvest, which will come afterward, or latter, just as the bible states. and 1 Thessalonians 4:16 prove this, "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:" the body is not split, some here other there ... no.

PICJAG

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, for the delay but 2020 has been crazy and 2021 is turning out to be a close second LOL.

Your idea is very similiar to Jesuit Futurism in that Jesuit Futurism does not account for some extremely important prophecies by John, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jesus, Peter, etc:

What I declared is The Word of God, not my idea. Anyone... who wants to read what I showed can simply turn to the Revelation 20 chapter and read. The rest of it they can get from study in the rest of the New Testament Books. So men can label that in God's Word whatever they want, but it will only reveal their foolish thinking.

Did you not read in the Scriptures where the Earth is predicted to undergo a near-future period where it's described as an upside down, wasted, earthquake/aftershock ravaged, destroyed, dissolved, empty, desolate, pitch black, devoid of all human/animal life, where "all the cities were broken down at the presence of the Lord and by His fierce anger"?

2 Peter 3:10 KJV says the day Jesus comes "as a thief in the night", is when the atmosphere and the elements of the Earth burn and the wicked will drop dead where they stand as they are destroyed "by the brightness of His coming" -- which means He comes "as a thief in the night" at the Second Coming, not 7 years prior to it, and when He comes there won't be seven more minutes of anything, much less "seven more years of tribulation".

So, this destroyed Earth will lie desolate and inhabitable for 1,000 years while Jesus takes His bride back to His Father's house, just as He said He would do in John 14, right or wrong?

Obviously, you have failed to look up that word "elements" in 2 Peter 3:10, which is NOT about the earthly elements of material matter. It means an order, like a world time. God is not going to literally destroy the whole... earth. He is going to wipe the earth's surface clean, just as He did with the flood long before. His consuming fire is going to do that this next time. As for His shaking of this earth, He did that once before too, and you'd have known that if you had ever read the end of Hebrews 12 and the Jeremiah 4:23-28 Scripture.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote about this some years ago. "The Second Coming of Christ" is a title of an event, a figurative expression. Many people say they've seen Jesus appear to them. These literal experiences are not the event tied to Judgment.

Write about it as much as you want. God's Word only declares 2 comings of Christ Jesus, period. And they are both literal comings, the 1st one to die on the cross and be raised from the dead, which happened, and the next one will be His literal return to this earth to gather His saints and reign with them on earth at Jerusalem, all His enemies then being made His footstool.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HIS OWN "ARM" DID, supportive scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

now Davy, is your "OWN" ARM a seperate enity from YOU.... :p YIKES!

Now what about that John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24, as to who, "MADE ALL THINGS". that will answer your question, AGAIN....

PICJAG

GOD is 3 Persons, God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit. All 3 make up the Godhead. So of course Jesus is God The Son. But it was Jesus that was born in the flesh to die on the cross, with The Father raising Him. And that... is what is written in His Word. The false 'oneness' doctrine of men's traditions that goes against The Godhead being 3 Persons will never admit this difference, EVEN THOUGH IT IS WRITTEN. Thus you're just arguing with yourself.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Write about it as much as you want. God's Word only declares 2 comings of Christ Jesus, period. And they are both literal comings

This reflects poor reading comprehension. The Word of God demonstrates Jesus literally came (and disappeared) numerous times. To be correct, the 2nd Coming, therefore, must be figurative.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reflects poor reading comprehension. The Word of God demonstrates Jesus literally came (and disappeared) numerous times. To be correct, the 2nd Coming, therefore, must be figurative.

Zechariah 9:9-10 prophesied only TWO. You need to read and also 'heed'... your Bible, and not man.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that word "elements" in 2 Peter 3:10, which is NOT about the earthly elements of material matter. It means an order, like a world time.
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. this same word can be translated as "rudiments" as in Colossians 2:8. and the reason why I say this, FOR HERE IN PETER, is it's in the plural
G4747 στοιχεῖον stoicheion (stoi-chei'-on) n.
1. something orderly in arrangement.
2. (by implication) an initial element of a fundamental series.
3. (literally) fundamental principle.
4. (figuratively, plural) the elements.
[neuter of a presumed derivative of the base of G4748]
KJV: element, principle, rudiment

NATURAL THINGS OF THE EARTH AND HEAVENS.
and the second reason why I go with the natural elements is because here in 2nd. Peter "element" is a noun, whereas, as you say is in reference to "order" like a world time, well the root from where this word originates is a verb, but here in 2 Peter it's used as a noun in the plural, so I would have to go with the translation of "rudiment" as in the understanding of element. because this word can be translated as rudiment, see above.

As for His shaking of this earth, He did that once before too, and you'd have known that if you had ever read the end of Hebrews 12 and the Jeremiah 4:23-28 Scripture.
this is the destruction of Judah, and not the whole world. Jeremiah 4:20 "Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment."Jeremiah 4:21 "How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?"Jeremiah 4:22 "For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge."Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."Jeremiah 4:26 "I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger."Jeremiah 4:27 "For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end."Jeremiah 4:28 "For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it."Jeremiah 4:29 "The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein."

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD is 3 Persons, God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit. All 3 make up the Godhead. So of course Jesus is God The Son. But it was Jesus that was born in the flesh to die on the cross, with The Father raising Him. And that... is what is written in His Word. The false 'oneness' doctrine of men's traditions that goes against The Godhead being 3 Persons will never admit this difference, EVEN THOUGH IT IS WRITTEN. Thus you're just arguing with yourself.
ERROR, God have three titles, and he's not three persons, (Iaiah 44:8). only the Holy Ghost is the ONLY Person in the Godhead, who is Jesus by name. (John 5:43) also, JESUS is not born, the body that Jesus came in was born, (Isaiah 9:6). and it was JESUS, who is the Father that raised his body from the dead, (see John 2:18-21). now what was written is that JESUS who is the ONLY God raised his own body/temple up.
nope, it's not me arguing with myself, no, it's you arguing from ignorance.

Davey, I have given scripture to every statement you posed, now if I'm in ERROR, please post scripture, not only opinion, if.. but with scripture.

PICJAG