Oprahs new Jesus... ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
A friend sent this to my e- mail. Its not suprising but interesting Oprah and Friends" to teach course on )New Age Christ>>Many of you, like me, have probably been Oprah fans for a long time. This>is very discouraging news to hear about one who has such tremendous influence>on the general public. Please ask God to show Oprah the real Jesus Christ.>>Just to make sure this was true, I went on Oprah's website and there it is.>The below article is very interesting, so I thought I would share.>>Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:50 PM>>Subject: Oprah joins false prophets Bible warned about>>_http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm_>(http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm) or>>"Oprah and Friends" to teach course on New Age Christ>>Jesus Christ being reinvented, redefined, and blasphemed and, this false>New- Age Christ teaching is about to make huge inroads into the world, with the>help of the queen of television talk shows, Oprah Winfrey.>>Oprah Winfrey, beginning January 1, 2008, on her daily radio program will>offer a year-long course on the New Age Christ , in a lesson a day and>completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles "Workbook.">>Listeners will be encouraged to buy A Course in Miracles for the year-long>course, and an audio version, recited by Richard (John Boy>Walton) Thomas will be available on compact disc.>>Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset-a>New Age worldview that include the beliefs that there is no sin, no evil, no>devil. A Course in Miracles teaches its students to rethink everything they>believe about God and life, and, bluntly>states: "This is a course in mind training" and is dedicated to "thought>reversal.">>The Course in Miracles -in reality-is the truth of the Bible turned upside>down.>>Oprah told her television audience that Williamson's book, A Course in>Miracles was one of her favorite books, and that she had already bought a thousand>copies and would be handing them out to everyone in her studio audience.>Oprah's endorsement skyrocketed Williamson's book to the top of the New York>Times bestseller list .>>A Course in Miracles is allegedly a "new revelation" from "Jesus" to help>humanity work through these troubled times. This "Jesus"-who bears no doctrinal>resemblance to the Bible's Jesus Christ-began delivering channeled teachings>in 1965 to a Columbia University Professor of Medical Psychology, Helen>Schucman.>>One day Schucman heard an "inner voice" stating, "This is a course in>miracles. Please take notes." For seven years she diligently took spiritual>dictation from this voice that described himself as "Jesus.">>Here are some quotes from the "Jesus" voice of A Course in Miracles :>>·"There is no sin . . . ">>·A "slain Christ has no meaning.">>·"The journey to the cross should be the last ' useless journey.">>·"Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the old rugged>cross.'">>·"The Name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a>symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to>which you pray.">>·"The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself.">>·"The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it>teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation.">>Popular author Wayne Dyer told his PBS television audience that the>"brilliant writing" of A Course in Miracles would produce more peace in the world.>>The Course in Miracles-based book, Forgiveness, continues to be sold in>Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral bookstore as Schuller prepares to host a>January 17-19, 2008, "Rethink Conference" at his Crystal Cathedral.>>>>2 Timothy 3 (King James Version)>>King James Version (KJV)>>2 Timothy 3>>1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.>2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud,>blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,>3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent,>fierce, despisers of those that are good,>4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;>5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn>away.>>>>>>

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
It is dumfounding how people will put stock into someones "inner voice" and you are your own God ,but will not take the time to read the bible. Im starting to think that as Christians living in todays world that we should stop telling people about Jesus and hand over bibles instead . It has become sufficent to take what someone else says and mold it into your own gormet religion. there is no proof of God unless you read the word. The word creates faith. The word is timeless,fulfilling and Is the bread of life.It is frustrating to hear the majority of people who bash my God and His Son who love them and sacrificed and died for them .they do not even have the common courtsey to pick up the word and truly seek it out .but if Oprah says its great then it makes the newyork times best seller? I bet Oprah has never read the bible . Theres a diffrence between growing up in church and listening to what the pastor and the congregation say and actually seeking God out on your own. We take these hits. I know that it is predicted in the word . However it makes me stop and think what am I doing to change it? What can I do to make it better. We are in this life for a short amount of time. Those of us that believe have the ability to fight for those who dont. We are like an army for Christ and its scary how we are loosing the battle because we dont know our own strengths .If God is for us who can be against us. Im so tired of complacencey. Theres a diffrence between saying and doing. But what else can be done. You would not believe the people that I share my faith with. How many of them have that form of Godliness but deny its power. The scripture fits to a T. We have the holyspirit ,discernment and the power of prayer. God will hear our prayers.

A

aca

hello haanne, many thanks for posting this warning against rampant false teaching.:study:reading the bible and onguard for CHRIST,al

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
I believe there are people, holy people, over the ages who God has spoken to, but since his supreme revelation in Jesus, God does not give new revelations and whatever he says does not contradict scripture.This sort of thing is very sad as there are many people who are seeking something and they are being fed rubbish and poisonous rubbish at that. It is part of the modern desire to have “fruits” without any pain or difficulties. It’s the old lie from the Garden of Eden “You shall be like gods”.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
That's scary
sad.gif

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
either one loves the real Jesus or they hate him and what he stands for.oprah was raised in a baptist Church and she has had Baptist pastor'S talk to her about who Jesus realy is.She and her live in boy friend don't appear to want or feel a need for a savior from sinat this time. Hopefuly some day they both will.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
It is going to be a sad thing,many people are going to see this and believe this Man,I want to ask the man,"New Age worldview that include the beliefs that there is no sin, no evil, no devil." What makes him think there is no sin,If it was God that was talking to him,he would not say there is no sin,he is basically taking the Bible and calling it a liar,he is taking it and saying Sin is no longer,There is none,When sin is all around us. For sin is just as real and there just as we are here!I can not believe Oprah would support this. I just hate seeing all of these movies out and everything trying to change us. These people are out hear to bring us down. THE DEVIL is real and this guy has let the devil deceive him in my opinion. It drives me insane seeing our government our society gone,driven away from God,I mean come on,Our government based on ReliGIOn!!! has driven it out of our schools and everything,Next they will ban it from Church I mean COME ON. Our society instead of saying homosexuality is wrong or sinning is wrong,or abortion is wrong,or whatever is wrong,they are beginning to just accept it !!!! and it only hurts us,I just wish people would let God into their lifes! and put on the Armor of our God and keep the lies out!I am going to stop now UGh! this is not right!No evil that is the biggest piece of blasphemy I have heard,For evil is all around,evil is Sin,sin is evil,There is no evil what do you call the Anti-Christ,Oh wait there is no Sin,So there must be no anti christ,I forgot silly me. I am surprised he believes in God,For God said there is sin and we should not do it. I am still trying to get over how God told him to write this Crap down,For our God would not say that,I pray for the people who fall for this stuff. The person is false,his teachings,FALSE everything this man is saying is most likely all false some may have biblical teachings idk,But so far I do not think so!