Our hope for the Future

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Peter is waiting for this:

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."

Everlasting righteousness starts at the Second Coming. That is the Day of the Lord.

Heaven and Paradise certainly don't need everlasting righteousness. They were never corrupted by sin.
You are waiting for it. Peter was not waiting for it. Christ was not waiting for it. None of the New Testament writers were waiting for it. No cognizant New Covenant Child of God has ever been waiting for it.

Lots of righteousness was reigning already 2,000 years ago. Nobody was waiting for it.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 John 2:29
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

If it wasn't everlasting righteousness, tell us from Scripture when it ended. Book, chapter, and verse. Not your usual scriptureless opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are waiting for it. Peter was not waiting for it. Christ was not waiting for it. None of the New Testament writers were waiting for it. No cognizant New Covenant Child of God has ever been waiting for it.

Lots of righteousness was reigning already 2,000 years ago. Nobody was waiting for it.

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

If it wasn't everlasting righteousness, tell us from Scripture when it ended. Book, chapter, and verse. Not your usual scriptureless opinion.
Your spiritual birth has nothing to do with rebuilding the temple and Jerusalem and waiting for the 7th Trumpet to sound.

It is about living in that Heavenly city per the book of Hebrews.

You can wait in death if you like. The rest of us will never taste death.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep ignoring "dispen/premil's scripture", which is not Scripture.
You keep defining it as Scripture because that is how language and definitions work.

As long as you are mocking people, perhaps you have lost your ability to tell the difference? Saying Scripture is not Scripture proves that point.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your spiritual birth has nothing to do with rebuilding the temple and Jerusalem and waiting for the 7th Trumpet to sound.

It is about living in that Heavenly city per the book of Hebrews.

You can wait in death if you like. The rest of us will never taste death.
I see you have no righteousness.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You keep defining it as Scripture because that is how language and definitions work.

As long as you are mocking people, perhaps you have lost your ability to tell the difference? Saying Scripture is not Scripture proves that point.
You define "dispen/premil's scripture" as Scripture.

I don't.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not the topic, and literally nothing to do with any conversation I have had.
Excerpt from your post #260:

"

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."

Everlasting righteousness starts at the Second Coming. That is the Day of the Lord.
"

I see two references to "righteousness".

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excerpt from your post #260:

"

"

I see two references to "righteousness".
No, you were talking about my personal relationship with God, not Righteousness in general.

If you have something to say about the topic, then say it. I can read my own post at any time.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, you were talking about my personal relationship with God, not Righteousness in general.

If you have something to say about the topic, then say it. I can read my own post at any time.
Righteousness in general is the sum total of righteousnesses in individuals.

I say that based on your claims, you do not have righteousness. You've said nothing to suggest otherwise.

If you can read your own post at any time, then why don't you?

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righteousness in general is the sum total of righteousnesses in individuals.

I say that based on your claims, you do not have righteousness. You've said nothing to suggest otherwise.

If you can read your own post at any time, then why don't you?
This forum is not about one's personal relationship with God.

This forum seems full of people who attack people's character, because they have no Scriptural truth to convey.

Righteousness in general is created by God and the removal of sin in totality. Scripture points out that fact:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Isaiah 64 the chapter right before Isaiah 65.

Your current millennium is full of filthy rags. The coming Millennium is the one with everlasting righteousness of God.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This forum is not about one's personal relationship with God.

This forum seems full of people who attack people's character, because they have no Scriptural truth to convey.

Righteousness in general is created by God and the removal of sin in totality. Scripture points out that fact:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Isaiah 64 the chapter right before Isaiah 65.

Your current millennium is full of filthy rags. The coming Millennium is the one with everlasting righteousness of God.
Quote the forum rule which says "This forum is not about one's personal relationship with God."

I've cited the following.
Is it righteousness created by God?
Is it "no Scriptural truth"?
Is it "filthy rags"?

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:21-26

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did. Many of the Christians that had negative feelings abouy the Jews as much as cursing them were Amillennialists.
That doesn't matter. It is not Amillennialism itself that promotes anti-Semitism. None of us Amils here promote anti-Semitism, for example. So, I don't appreciate someone acting as if it does.

Catholics for instance are Prederists. Recent archives that have become available proves Pope Pius XII knew about the Holocaust, received info in 1942 and ignored it. He did not condemn the Holocaust, he was silent and even lied about it, suggesting the Church should not believe such exaggerated tales. Wow. So, don't tell me Anti-Semitism isn't common in the Church.
I am not Catholic and I think they have a lot of false doctrine and extra-biblical teaching. Amillennialism, in and of itself, does not promote any of that nonsense.

Romans 11, Rev 7

You ask how this will happen, a massive amount of Jews, millions, suddenly realize that Jesus really the Messiah? Gid cinverts the soul, He lifts the veil of blindness. When Jesus returns and "every eye sees Him", that will be the day.
Why would God do this for them but not for people of other nations? Scripture teaches that He is not a respecter of persons, so your belief contradicts that. You're not understanding that even some of those who were blinded in Paul's day ended up being saved later (read Romans 11:11-14), so it isn't about delaying salvation for the Jews until a future time.

Reactions: covenantee