Our Warfare is not with Flesh and Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mortal flesh is not our enemy, nor do we fight against the flesh.

This lie of the devil, is for the ignorant, such as I was, that seek to fight the war with the devil not to sin, by fighting against our own flesh and blood, and that is a losing battle.

It is also for hypocrites, that I was not, that seek to justify sinning with the flesh, by blaming it on their own flesh and blood.

In both cases, the condemnation for sinning with the flesh is not upon the flesh, but upon the soul: the soul that is sinning is not being saved and born of God.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war against the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.)

Since it is not the flesh Spirit wars against, then the flesh is not waring against the Spirit, The question therefore is how does the flesh lust against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh?

It is the natural opposition between immortal Spirit and mortal flesh, It is not warfare between Spirit and flesh to do good or evil.

Lusting here in Scripture is neither warring, nor lusting to sin, but is simply the endurance of the spirit greatly desiring to do this or that necessary thing in this life, while yet in mortal flesh.

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

The spirit of man endures his own mortal flesh, to do all that he would do in this life: However, the mortal flesh is weak in that it needs sleep, to eat food, to drink water, to breathe air, to use force of muscle and bone.

The Spirit needs none of these things, and if not for being made mortal flesh, then men would be spiritual beings just as the angels, who need not sleep, eat, drink, breathe air...

But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? And he took it, and did eat before them.

The lie that we fight the flesh to fight against sinning with the flesh, is from wresting Scripture to say that lusting against each is waring against each, rather than enduring the two natures of man in the flesh, which is Spiritual and Natural, Immortal souls in mortal flesh.

It is not the warfare against sinning with the devil, that is made into a spiritual psychosis of 'dual nature theology', where the purified soul still has sinning flesh.

That is the lie to justify doubt heartedness of the spiritual mind, who now knows by imputed knowledge of righteousness what is the will of God, and yet is still sinning against that knowledge with the mortal body: Hearer and agreers only, not doers of the word.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so there is lusting of the spirit, that flesh is too weak to endure, and there is the lusting of the weak flesh, that the spirit must endure, else the weakened body begins to fail and even die.

The lusting of the Spirit and of the flesh against one another is not the warfare of choosing to serve the Lord in righteousness or the devil with sinning, but is simply the necessary ongoing endurance of spiritual beings wrapped in mortal flesh, which the angels do not need.

The spirit lusts against the flesh to do the things of this life, that the spirit is willing to do, whether work, exercise, race, fight, succeed..., and the flesh lusts against the spirit for things necessary to continue doing anything at all, whether sleep, eat, drink, rest...

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

The spirit of man is the one doing all things with the flesh, whether enduring temptation to lust within the heart, or enduring the bodies weakness of mortality in this life.

The spirit of man rules over the flesh, but the immortal soul of any man, whether unbelieving natural or believing spiritual, must for now endure and work with the mortal flesh.

Scripture teaches us that sons of God are not only not sinning, which begins the race for immortal body, but are also enduring the hardness of mortal flesh on earth to do well and obtain the crown of life, Natural men endure the same hardness of this life, but for a corruptible crown.