OUTSIDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THERE IS NO SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well at least you finally admitted to calling us liars, took how long to stop lying by saying you where not??
Another lie.
I never admitted to calling anybody a "liar."

Shame on you for lying again.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How does exposing YOUR lies put
See how blind and how foolish you are,

Lets put the seriousness this into the light which you seem to hate, There are many here who have spoken the truth to which you have out rightly rejected, and in doing so rejected Christ Himself because He is the truth and in Him there is no lie, and not just that, but the fact you call all of us liars, so you too call Jesus a liar because what you do to us you do to Him, As I said you are digging yourself a hole so deep you will never climb out of it.

God Bless

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nah, I remember from my early youth. When I got home from school before we had a TV set, I would turn on the radio and listen my favorite programs. There was the "Lone Ranger", the "Shadow" and, of course, "Big John and Sparky". Sparky if I remember correctly was an imaginary boy who wanted more than anything to become a "real" boy. He must have taken his thought from Pinocchio.
They also call electricians sparky over here, wasnt offended could care less.

Reactions: amadeus

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said - then, all you were was a seat-filler during mass. You didn't pay attention to or listen to the readings, the Gospel, the prayers which are ALL from Scripture. If you're 82 - then the mass has been said in the vernacular most of your adult life - not Latin.

The problem is here is a very common one. You weren't being "fed" Scripturally because you don't know much about the Catholic faith and you weren't interested in learning about it. For you to ask whether the Catholic Church "now" uses the Bible speaks VOLUMES about your ignorance of the faith.

If you wanted to leave the Church - just say so - but don't act as if Scripture wasn't central to the Catholic faith because that is a flat-out falsehood.

All we had back then was the prayer book and a rosary nothing else....
NO Bible !

and I went to the school and was taught about the Saint only during lent did I hear about the Cross..........

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All we had back then was the prayer book and a rosary nothing else....
NO Bible !
That is absolutely false. The Bible has been available to the public since the invention of the printing press. Before that, they were handwritten and very hard to come by - but were read during mass.
and I went to the school and was taught about the Saint only during lent did I hear about the Cross..........
Not only is the cross mentioned at every mass - the Passion, Death and Resurrection of our Lord is central to the Mass.
The Number 1 reason people leave the Catholic Church is out of ignorance of their faith and an unwillingness to learn more about it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See how blind and how foolish you are,

Lets put the seriousness this into the light which you seem to hate, There are many here who have spoken the truth to which you have out rightly rejected, and in doing so rejected Christ Himself because He is the truth and in Him there is no lie, and not just that, but the fact you call all of us liars, so you too call Jesus a liar because what you do to us you do to Him, As I said you are digging yourself a hole so deep you will never climb out of it.

God Bless
And there you go lying again.
Does it ever stop with you??

First of - neither YOU nor "GodsGrace" nor ANY other anti-Catholic here can pount to one single post where I called anybody a "Liar."
You can't do it because it ain't there.

As for the "Truths" that I have "rejected" - there haven't been any.
I only reject lies or people's opinions when they are in opposition to Scripture.

You may THINK the rubbish you glean from "aggressivechristianity.net" is true - but it's nonsense . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i can't think of anyone you haven't called a liar lol
Might need to start a Pol on wheter exposing someones lies is not the same as calling them a liar, But than maybe it is us who are telling teh truth and it is his lies he is exposing, if we are not teh ones lying must be him, only two options.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Might need to start a Pol on wheter exposing someones lies is not the same as calling them a liar, But than maybe it is us who are telling teh truth and it is his lies he is exposing, if we are not teh ones lying must be him, only two options.
i don't pretend even to myself that i am telling the truth, either, but anyone posting what they themselves believe is not lying of course. And of course a liar would be the most sensitive to other people's mistaken statements too i guess

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
i don't pretend even to myself that i am telling the truth, either, but anyone posting what they themselves believe is not lying of course. And of course a liar would be the most sensitive to other people's mistaken statements too i guess

once it is realised and accepted that everyone is a liar there is no problem - it is a very humbling experience to realise and accept that one is a liar - so experience this for yourself via google take [the good test] - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is absolutely false. The Bible has been available to the public since the invention of the printing press. Before that, they were handwritten and very hard to come by - but were read during mass.

Not only is the cross mentioned at every mass - the Passion, Death and Resurrection of our Lord is central to the Mass.
The Number 1 reason people leave the Catholic Church is out of ignorance of their faith and an unwillingness to learn more about it.
When I was in grade school and high school [1949-1961], even though Pope Pius XII favored more Bible reading by the laity, his policies or directives or suggestions in that direction were not known by the people where I attended mass regularly. We were not forbidden to read the Bible, but it was definitely discouraged. There were no computers or Internet available in those times. What we knew about Catholicism came from the local church. Should we have gone against what the parish priest and the nuns were teaching us to do? Why would we? The idea never occurred to me. I had planned to become a priest so that I could eventually read that Book about which I knew so little. While everyone in my home was nominally Catholic, I was the only one through all of those years who made any visible effort to be a practicing Catholic.

I am not patting myself on the back, but just letting you know that even though something may have been technically allowed, that that didn't mean that anyone in a position to do so was telling the uninformed that it was OK now... People work within what they have until they have a reason to work elsewhere. I did not consider working elsewhere until about 14 years after I had stopped attending mass at all. Then God called me to Him, but it was not through a Catholic, but through a family that loved God and lived before him 24/7 in a manner I seldom seen before and never in a Catholic not wearing a special church garment. That family belonged to a group you would probably call heretics, but they loved God.

You may call me a liar again, but I am not lying. I was a faithful Catholic altar boy who tried to serve God, but there was no help at home. My help was in the church which at the time was like a second home to me. I loved the nuns and the priests. They knew what charity was even if they did not know or practice everything that the official word from Rome may have called for or suggested. To me they were Christ-like, or the best example I knew about in that regard for those many years.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was in grade school and high school [1949-1961], even though Pope Pius XII favored more Bible reading by the laity, his policies or directives or suggestions in that direction were not known by the people where I attended mass regularly. We were not forbidden to read the Bible, but it was definitely discouraged. There were no computers or Internet available in those times. What we knew about Catholicism came from the local church. Should we have gone against what the parish priest and the nuns were teaching us to do? Why would we? The idea never occurred to me. I had planned to become a priest so that I could eventually read that Book about which I knew so little. While everyone in my home was nominally Catholic, I was the only one through all of those years who made any visible effort to be a practicing Catholic.

I am not patting myself on the back, but just letting you know that even though something may have been technically allowed, that that didn't mean that anyone in a position to do so was telling the uninformed that it was OK now... People work within what they have until they have a reason to work elsewhere. I did not consider working elsewhere until about 14 years after I had stopped attending mass at all. Then God called me to Him, but it was not through a Catholic, but through a family that loved God and lived before him 24/7 in a manner I seldom seen before and never in a Catholic not wearing a special church garment. That family belonged to a group you would probably call heretics, but they loved God.

You may call me a liar again, but I am not lying. I was a faithful Catholic altar boy who tried to serve God, but there was no help at home. My help was in the church which at the time was like a second home to me. I loved the nuns and the priests. They knew what charity was even if they did not know or practice everything that the official word from Rome may have called for or suggested. To me they were Christ-like, or the best example I knew about in that regard for those many years.

Not only will I NOT call you a "Liar" - I NEVER have.

As for the rest - you had every opportunity in the world to buy a Bible. You didn't have to "wait" until you became a priest. This is a cop-out.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i can't think of anyone you haven't called a liar lol
I haven't called anybody a "Liar".
However, I will expose you for that lie.

Try telling the truth for a change, bbyrd.

Uhhh, "lol" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why start a "poll"??
The truth is the truth. I can't be "voted" on.