OUTSIDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THERE IS NO SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet you have no witnesses i bet. i got dbl digits easy
you know how truth is established lol, stop hitting yourself
My witness is this forum.
The fact that you can't find a single verse of me calling you a "Liar" speaks VOLUMES . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
believing you can tell someone the truth about anything is a really bad premise to hold, condemned several ways in the Book
Wrong.
Telling a person the truth of Scripture is NOT a "bad" premise.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only will I NOT call you a "Liar" - I NEVER have.

As for the rest - you had every opportunity in the world to buy a Bible. You didn't have to "wait" until you became a priest. This is a cop-out.
You did not even read with understanding or consideration. I was a naive child who followed his leaders. Should I have gotten a Bible and gone against the authority to which I was trying to submit? They did not forbid reading the Bible, but they definitely discouraged it. I trusted them. I had never been given a reason not to trust them. They were were older than me. To me they were special people of God.

What I did later when I stepped out on my own is another thing. But while I was a child working with what I had to please God, you my friend are the one who is error. This is why Jesus says:

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." Luke 18:17

I was hungry for God and I was pliable as a child, because that is what I was. I followed the lead of those I trusted.

Then somewhere during that period as a Catholic I began to grow up. It is easy for you from where you now stand without having walked in my shoes to say that I should have understood to do what my teachers were not teaching me to do. I hung in there until the end in that parish... according to the ways that they taught me. Then after finally leaving to go to college when I searched and found nothing I went to the other extreme and lived like a devil.

But God did not forget me. He called me to Him, but it was NOT through the church you support.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh those others are also I'm sure are being misrepresented by people who know as little or even less about them than some know about Catholicism. Perhaps because we seldom hear their names called out, we do not recognize that it happening. Perhaps none of them have such outspoken advocates such as yourself...

And perhaps Catholicism is the last accepted prejudice . . .
catholicism is not accepted at all, period.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This by far, is the best forensic compendium of facts pertaining to the Catholic Faith, with numerous refutations against many errors and heresies throughout history. I don't think that there will be many, that would disappointed after reading it.

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/2nd_edition_final.pdf

Here is a searchable index of the compendium, scroll down to the bright blue Headings index and scroll through what may interest you.

Outside The Church There Is No Salvation | Baptism

Written By Bro. Peter Dimond, O.S.B.
These teachings and Peter Dimond have NOTHING to do with the Catholic Church and you are violating the 9th Commandment by pretending it does.

IHS...Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fact that you can't find a single verse of me calling you a "Liar" speaks VOLUMES . . .
The fact that we all can and yet you deny it is bad enough for you as it is, If you dont want to call us liars, than stop saying you are exposing our lies, which is impossible for you to do if we are not liars. Because if we are not teh liars than it is your own lies you are exposing, dont you understand simple english.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
catholicism is not accepted at all, period.
And neither is the idea that you know how to read.

I said it was the last accepted prejudice.
In other words, being prejudiced against Catholics is accepted, whereas, prejudice against everything else in this "enlightened" society is being stamped out.

Hope that sunk in this time . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that we all can and yet you deny it is bad enough for you as it is, If you dont want to call us liars, than stop saying you are exposing our lies, which is impossible for you to do if we are not liars. Because if we are not teh liars than it is your own lies you are exposing, dont you understand simple english.

Then, ummmmm - point me to the post.
You can't because it doesn't exist . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not even read with understanding or consideration. I was a naive child who followed his leaders. Should I have gotten a Bible and gone against the authority to which I was trying to submit? They did not forbid reading the Bible, but they definitely discouraged it. I trusted them. I had never been given a reason not to trust them. They were were older than me. To me they were special people of God.

What I did later when I stepped out on my own is another thing. But while I was a child working with what I had to please God, you my friend are the one who is error. This is why Jesus says:

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." Luke 18:17

I was hungry for God and I was pliable as a child, because that is what I was. I followed the lead of those I trusted.

Then somewhere during that period as a Catholic I began to grow up. It is easy for you from where you now stand without having walked in my shoes to say that I should have understood to do what my teachers were not teaching me to do. I hung in there until the end in that parish... according to the ways that they taught me. Then after finally leaving to go to college when I searched and found nothing I went to the other extreme and lived like a devil.

But God did not forget me. He called me to Him, but it was NOT through the church you support.
Reading the Bible has NEVER been discouraged in the Catholic Church.
What was discouraged were personal interpretations and unauthorized, even spurious translations.

My 90 year old mother mother has been an AVID Scripture reader ALL of her life - as were her parents.
YOUR story is same cop-out I hear from other ex Catholics.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And neither is the idea that you know how to read.

I said it was the last accepted prejudice.
In other words, being prejudiced against Catholics is accepted, whereas, prejudice against everything else in this "enlightened" society is being stamped out.

Hope that sunk in this time . . .
catholicism will be stomped out in the end

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then, ummmmm - point me to the post.
You can't because it doesn't exist . . .
Be pointless many have you simply ignore them, lying is all you know, it seems to be your main theme, and we know about.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

But since you cant even understand teh simple things

Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

All your posts are pointless , do nothing but glorify your religion,

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I don't recall that BOL has called me a liar, or accused me of lying.
I feel blessed!

Or left out? <chuckle>

I haven't been accused of lying, nor called a liar either. However I generally stay out or away from certain things. Even discussions only amoung "protestants", there are those I stay out of.

This is all a case of semantics. @BreadOfLife has not directly called anyone a "liar" that I have seen. However he has stated that some are lying. Which is, technically not calling them a liar. But by implication, is to say one is a "liar" in that they are "lying".

Too many thin skins IMO.

And from personal experience in life, those who get the most riled by the implication of "lying", have been those that ... let's just say, aren't as "honest" as some. However that is not to say that anyone here is lying.

And perhaps, it is simply used for affect, and if so, seems to be working wonderfully. For too many are focused upon the perceived offense, than upon any "truth".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
catholicism will be stomped out in the end
Smarter people than YOU have tried to stomp it out for 2000 years - but Jesus guaranteed that not even the gates of Hell could do it (Matt. 16:18) . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be pointless many have you simply ignore them, lying is all you know, it seems to be your main theme, and we know about.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

But since you cant even understand teh simple things

Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

All your posts are pointless , do nothing but glorify your religion,
STILL waiting for proof that will never come . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
STILL waiting for proof that will never come . . .
You mean that bit about " I am exposing YOUR lies, in that you have called many liars even a 2 year old child can see that.. But than if, according to you we are not liars, that therefore again,. makes you the liar. But it matters not you have declare dour Lord a liar,, and that you have to deal with.

What you do to teh least of these you do to me.

Have a lovely day BOL devils trying to ruin it he aint having much luck.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean that bit about " I am exposing YOUR lies, in that you have called many liars even a 2 year old child can see that.. But than if, according to you we are not liars, that therefore again,. makes you the liar. But it matters not you have declare dour Lord a liar,, and that you have to deal with.

What you do to teh least of these you do to me.

Have a lovely day BOL devils trying to ruin it he aint having much luck.
Uhhhh, no - never declare our Lord a "liar".
Anyway - He doesn't lie. YOU do and I've caught you several times.

Your ability to produce proof is about as good as your spelling . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyway - He doesn't lie. YOU do and I've caught you several times.
So now you are calling me a liar, See how often you do it, naked you are, exposing yourself, now go discover the truth, when you find it, we would love to her from you.

God bless and have a lovely day.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you are calling me a liar, See how often you do it, naked you are, exposing yourself, now go discover the truth, when you find it, we would love to her from you.

God bless and have a lovely day.
No - but I caught you in yet another lie.
I never called you a "Liar."

It's probaby best that you stop violating God's commandment against bearing false witness . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - but I caught you in yet another lie.
I never called you a "Liar."

It's probaby best that you stop violating God's commandment against bearing false witness . . .
Yes BOL you should take to liste4ning to your own words. You did it again

you in yet another lie.

how many times its that now, what are you afraid of, It all right I can forgive ignorance. Not playing teh devils games with you any more. I hope.

Have a lovely day.

God bless

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or left out? <chuckle>

I haven't been accused of lying, nor called a liar either. However I generally stay out or away from certain things. Even discussions only amoung "protestants", there are those I stay out of.

This is all a case of semantics. @BreadOfLife has not directly called anyone a "liar" that I have seen. However he has stated that some are lying. Which is, technically not calling them a liar. But by implication, is to say one is a "liar" in that they are "lying".

Too many thin skins IMO.

And from personal experience in life, those who get the most riled by the implication of "lying", have been those that ... let's just say, aren't as "honest" as some. However that is not to say that anyone here is lying.

And perhaps, it is simply used for affect, and if so, seems to be working wonderfully. For too many are focused upon the perceived offense, than upon any "truth".

I appreciate reading your posts; you seem to display kindness.
Reminds me of this from 2 Samuel 2:

4. Then the men of Judah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah. And they told David, saying, “The men of Jabesh Gilead were the ones who buried Saul.” 5. So David sent messengers to the men of Jabesh Gilead, and said to them, “You are blessed of the Lord, for you have shown this kindness to your lord, to Saul, and have buried him. 6. And now may the Lord show kindness and truth to you.

Amen.

Reactions: aspen