OUTSIDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THERE IS NO SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate reading your posts; you seem to display kindness.
Reminds me of this from 2 Samuel 2:

4. Then the men of Judah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah. And they told David, saying, “The men of Jabesh Gilead were the ones who buried Saul.” 5. So David sent messengers to the men of Jabesh Gilead, and said to them, “You are blessed of the Lord, for you have shown this kindness to your lord, to Saul, and have buried him. 6. And now may the Lord show kindness and truth to you.

Amen.

it seems some would even lie that they are not liars - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another lie.
I never admitted to calling anybody a "liar."

Shame on you for lying again.

I am getting a bit confused here.

If I said to my grandchild- "You are lying to me" am I not in fact calling him a liar? :eek:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I appreciate reading your posts; you seem to display kindness.
Reminds me of this from 2 Samuel 2:

4. Then the men of Judah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah. And they told David, saying, “The men of Jabesh Gilead were the ones who buried Saul.” 5. So David sent messengers to the men of Jabesh Gilead, and said to them, “You are blessed of the Lord, for you have shown this kindness to your lord, to Saul, and have buried him. 6. And now may the Lord show kindness and truth to you.

Amen.

... Thank you

And also to you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the Bible has NEVER been discouraged in the Catholic Church.
What was discouraged were personal interpretations and unauthorized, even spurious translations.

My 90 year old mother mother has been an AVID Scripture reader ALL of her life - as were her parents.
YOUR story is same cop-out I hear from other ex Catholics.
No, you are effectively saying that I lied. I did not. The official church position is one thing while the facts are often something else.

Reactions: bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No, you are effectively saying that I lied. I did not. The official church position is one thing while the facts are often something else.

facts are - the Church wisely made the right decision which has been proved by knaves and fools and even human devils claiming special individual inspiration/guidance/indwelling by the Holy Spirit and producing rotten fruits of division and confusion and unforgiveable blasphemy - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
facts are - the Church wisely made the right decision which has been proved by knaves and fools and even human devils claiming special individual inspiration/guidance/indwelling by the Holy Spirit and producing rotten fruits of division and confusion and unforgiveable blasphemy - twinc
I wasn't speaking to you, but you seem to believe you know more than others here so I will respond anyway:

We all need to subscribe to the following and go that way:

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

Sometimes I know that I have tended to lift myself up and for that I apologize. If we simply always start at the bottom and leave it in His hands, it will work out as He wishes.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
wadr can't it be said that the RCC produced those, whereas the real Church could not have, by definition?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't speaking to you, but you seem to believe you know more than others here so I will respond anyway:

We all need to subscribe to the following and go that way:

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

Sometimes I know that I have tended to lift myself up and for that I apologize. If we simply always start at the bottom and leave it in His hands, it will work out as He wishes.

so lets just see who exactly sit in the high places because of claimed inspiration/guidance/indwelling by the Holy Spirit as holier than thou and exactly who sits in the lower place of no such close relationship with Holy Spirit/God etc - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so lets just see who exactly sit in the high places because of claimed inspiration/guidance/indwelling by the Holy Spirit as holier than thou and exactly who sits in the lower place of no such close relationship with Holy Spirit/God etc - twinc
Only those elevated to such high places by God will be there. However, making such comparisons as you suggest is not a wise thing to do:

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
wadr can't it be said that the RCC produced those, whereas the real Church could not have, by definition?

it can be said and is said as even here but it is not true because we are considering the unforgiveable sin of blasphemy - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Only those elevated to such high places by God will be there. However, making such comparisons as you suggest is not a wise thing to do:

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

you misinterpret and warp and twist what has been stated - I do not commend myself as inspired etc but I commend the Church - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This by far, is the best forensic compendium of facts pertaining to the Catholic Faith, with numerous refutations against many errors and heresies throughout history. I don't think that there will be many, that would disappointed after reading it.

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/2nd_edition_final.pdf

Here is a searchable index of the compendium, scroll down to the bright blue Headings index and scroll through what may interest you.

Outside The Church There Is No Salvation | Baptism

Written By Bro. Peter Dimond, O.S.B.
Here I am at page 13.
How about if you just told us what the document said.
That would be the proper thing to do...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The problem I see is that he (and/or his group) is more concerned with showing how wrong Catholic Church was with implementation of Vatican II than in discovering what God's plan really is for everyone. He believes they have it and will brook no real disagreements. . Actually while I still disagree with much that Catholics do [the large majority], I have believed that much of Vatican II was at least a step in the right direction.
Agreed.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here I am at page 13.
How about if you just told us what the document said.
That would be the proper thing to do...

You will find that he was banned a week or so ago. (or suspended.)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you misinterpret and warp and twist what has been stated - I do not commend myself as inspired etc but I commend the Church - twinc
From where I am sitting, I see no real difference. You have made what for me is a presumption as to what the Church is and what it is not. That is, I believe, your personal presumption.

Reactions: Helen