OUTSIDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THERE IS NO SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Catholic Church teach that a heretic is not a brother in Christ with a Catholic (in a state of grace)?
No - you cannot be a "heretic" unless you are a Catholic.
"Heresy", by definition is when a Catholic rejects a doctrine in favor of a doctrinal perversion.

Whereas, ScottA espouses heretical teachings - he himself is not a heretic unless he is a Catholic.
This being said - we don't believe in the same God. The "God" ScottA has invented (or chosen to believe in) is NOT the same God of the Bible. Jesus, the 2nd Person of the Trinity is fully man (flesh) and fully God (spirit). Scott believes that He is purely spirit - even though Christianity teaches that He ascended to the Father in His glorified flesh.

It would be the same with Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses. They clearly teach a different God and a different Christ so they are not "brothers" in Christ with Christians.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the responsibility for a certain child might be said to be...the fault of one side of the fam or another, too; when the kid is acting a certain way, right. When they're acting another way credit is taken for the clan though, right
This is a matter of the spirit. In other words, we do not share the same spirit.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, that's right. I guess your online cult "aggressivechristianity.net" is the bride of Christ.
YIKES . . .
So aggreseive you really musty spend so much time there, like a cornered animal always on the attack. Jesus came to set us free, dont you want to be free??

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't usually disagree with you Scott...but here I have to.
This is a matter of the spirit. There was a time when even Peter had a different father. A man does not speak a father's words unless he is his son.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a matter of the spirit. There was a time when even Peter had a different father. A man does not speak a father's words unless he is his son.

Yes, but I can see JESUS making that call. But we are told that we do not know who is wheat and who are the tares. It is not time yet..God has not yet called -" Time no longer" o_O

I think when we all get to glory we will be surprised to see who is there and who is not!!

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This is a matter of the spirit. In other words, we do not share the same spirit.
sorry, not sure who "we" is there, but hopefully the point was made that the same kid can exhibit diff spirits at diff times, and be accepted at some times and rejected at others, all one person

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God once showed me that He is like a business man, just as they do He insist we learn to run the business His way and that God does with all His sons.(Includes teh ladies)

Reactions: ScottA

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry that you and your husband didn't find Christ in the Church - but you can only blame yourselves.

First of all - to ask whether the Church now uses the Bible is clear evidence that you left out of ignorance and nothing else. You were seat-fillers but you weren't actively involved in the Mass - otherwise you would never have asked this question. Not only is the entire Mass Scripturally-based - there are 2 readings from the OT and the NT and a Gospel reading during the Liturgy of the Word.

The entire Catechism is Scripturally-based with footnotes and references to Scripture for every line written.
How could you possibly not understand that the Word of God is central to the faith.

I think it's sad that you left the fullness of the gospel for a partial truth - but perpetual-splintering is the true spirit of Protestantism. It's also a shame that your friend doesn't understand that her faith is drenched in the Word. I'll keep you, your husband and your friend in my prayers.

BreadOfLife,

To begin with I went to the Catholic School for 6 years......... mass 6 days a week in Latin !
The priest spoke at mass on Sunday [only] for maybe 10 min. in English

Teaching was most about Saint's.......... in school from the nuns..
We knew Jesus went to the Cross.......... but not why!

So what could I learn from that ??????????

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but I can see JESUS making that call. But we are told that we do not know who is wheat and who are the tares. It is not time yet..God has not yet called -" Time no longer" o_O

I think when we all get to glory we will be surprised to see who is there and who is not!!
Certainly there is a lot of confusion surrounding these things. But by the spirit of Christ anyone who is His, can say, "Get thee behind Me Satan" as it is not we who live or speak, but Jesus and the Holy Spirit. So, yes, you are correct in cautioning me not to do what is reserved for Christ...and therefore, I say that it is not me, but Christ.

As for when we all get to glory, Jesus made it clear that the kingdom of heaven was at hand already during those times 2000 years ago. Also, that we may "enter in" at any time; and Paul confirmed it saying "we who are alive [in Christ] and remain."

These things are also a matter of what we will "receive" and what we can "bear."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, not sure who "we" is there, but hopefully the point was made that the same kid can exhibit diff spirits at diff times, and be accepted at some times and rejected at others, all one person
Yes, just as Jesus rebuked Peter, but loved him.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife,

To begin with I went to the Catholic School for 6 years......... mass 6 days a week in Latin !
The priest spoke at mass on Sunday [only] for maybe 10 min. in English

Teaching was most about Saint's.......... in school from the nuns..
We knew Jesus went to the Cross.......... but not why!

So what could I learn from that ??????????
Like I said - then, all you were was a seat-filler during mass. You didn't pay attention to or listen to the readings, the Gospel, the prayers which are ALL from Scripture. If you're 82 - then the mass has been said in the vernacular most of your adult life - not Latin.

The problem is here is a very common one. You weren't being "fed" Scripturally because you don't know much about the Catholic faith and you weren't interested in learning about it. For you to ask whether the Catholic Church "now" uses the Bible speaks VOLUMES about your ignorance of the faith.

If you wanted to leave the Church - just say so - but don't act as if Scripture wasn't central to the Catholic faith because that is a flat-out falsehood.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So aggreseive you really musty spend so much time there, like a cornered animal always on the attack. Jesus came to set us free, dont you want to be free??
Not on the "attack" - I'm on the "defense".
BIG difference, sparky.

I simply expose lies and myths for what they are: Lies and myths.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not on the "attack" - I'm on the "defense".
BIG difference, sparky.

I simply expose lies and myths for what they are: Lies and myths.
How can you defend yourself from someone who is not attacking you??? Is the truth too much to handle, Sparky hey, isnt that name calling..... Well close i am a tech.

Oh by the way for teh 3rd time, how can you expose lies from people who are not lying... please explain....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you defend yourself from someone who is not attacking you??? Is the truth too much to handle, Sparky hey, isnt that name calling..... Well close i am a tech.

Oh by the way for teh 3rd time, how can you expose lies from people who are not lying... please explain....
Oh, you HAVE lied - and so have your fellow anti-Catholics.

Whenever you say that we "worship" the Pope - you have LIED.
Whenever you say that we "worship" Mary - you have LIED.
Whenever you invent ANY falsehood about what the Catholic Church teaches - you have LIED - so, don't tell me you haven't lied.

"Sparky"
is a term of endearment. It's not like calling somebody a "weasel" or a "Liar."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, you HAVE lied - and so have your fellow anti-Catholics.
So there you have it we are now "officially" all liars according to BOL. Well it is not us that you are opposing it is God, and you wont win this one. You stand against God you will fall.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there you have it we are now "officially" all liars according to BOL. Well it is not us that you are opposing it is God, and you wont win this one. You stand against God you will fall.
And once again, I must ask:
How does exposing YOUR lies put ME in "opposition" to God??

Answer:
It doesn't. I simply exposes your lies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And once again, I must ask:
How does exposing YOUR lies put ME in "opposition" to God??

Answer:
It doesn't. I simply exposes your lies.
Just your own BOL keep it up your digging yourself a deep pit you will never climb out of. Well at least you finally admitted to calling us liars, took how long to stop lying by saying you where not??

Can only leave you with this out of the bible

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

its the "charity " bit you miss.

Leave you to dig your pit, have much more fun things to do in glorifying our God and Jesus , than mens religions and doctrines.

God bless

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sparky hey, isnt that name calling...
Nah, I remember from my early youth. When I got home from school before we had a TV set, I would turn on the radio and listen my favorite programs. There was the "Lone Ranger", the "Shadow" and, of course, "Big John and Sparky". Sparky if I remember correctly was an imaginary boy who wanted more than anything to become a "real" boy. He must have taken his thought from Pinocchio.