Passover 2023: the Fourth Cup and our Exodus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 31001

Passover commemorates the Exodus from Egypt. God, “passed over” the houses of the Israelites. The celebration climaxed with drinking the fourth cup of wine. But Jesus drank the cup of the wine of wrath. This act makes us His body, His bride.

Passover 2023: the Fourth Cup and our Exodus
Passover/Exodus is what the LORD Yeshua HaMoshiach fulfilled for us who believe on Him for Salvation.

The Cup that His Disciples partook of at the 'Last Supper' which was the Cup of Salvation- Luke 22:14-20
When the hour had come, Jesus reclined at the table with His apostles. And He said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before My suffering. For I tell you that I will not eat it again until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”

After taking the cup, He gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves. For I tell you that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes.”

And He took the bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body, given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”

In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you.

YESHUA, by Himself alone, did drink of the Cup of Punishment for the sins of the world - John 18:11

So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?”

The Cup the Disciples drank was not the Cup that the LORD gave Himself to.

We Drink of the Cup of Salvation, where no wrath is in it, for all whom the Father will Call.

What shall I render to the Lord
For all His benefits toward me?
I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the Lord
. - Psalm 116:12-13

And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.
For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
As the Lord has said,
Among the remnant whom the Lord calls. -
Joel 2:32