Paul was a wolf in sheeps clothing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
You got it covered very well Barrd...excellent points you raise...the law of God never changes...it is written in stone, and it is the measure of judgement....as Jesus told the woman caught in adultery...I forgive you go and sin no more....Jesus was obviously referring to do not break God's law anymore...as Apostle John says "sin is transgression of the law"..Unfortunately some arrogant and/or ill informed "christians" think they can obtain forgiveness for sins, and then carry on without the law of God, and avoid repentance...are they ever in for a rude awakening!

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
You're just deflecting and equivocating more Barrd. I'm pretty sure you see the difference, and if not then I can't possibly say anything to make you see it. Regardless the NC laws are NOT the OC ones.
Did you even read what I wrote, Stan?
You say that the NC laws are not the OC ones.
I say the Ten Commandments have never been "done away".

What does Jesus say about it?

Commandment 1

Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

Luk 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Commandment 2

Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luk 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest….my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Commandment 3

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed….blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man

Commandment 4

Mat 12:11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
Mat 12:12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: (this would only be a problem if the sabbath day were still valid.

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
Mar 2:28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Mar 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue:

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luk 6:5 And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Luk 6:9 Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?

Luk 13:14 And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.
Luk 13:15 The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering?
Luk 13:16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
Luk 13:17 And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed

Luk 14:3 And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?

Luk 14:6 And they could not answer him again to these things.

Joh 7:23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Commandment 5

Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments….Honour thy father and mother.

Mat 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother

Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments….Honour thy father and thy mother.

Commandment 6

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders….

Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments…Do not kill

Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments...Do not kill

Commandment 7

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed….adulteries
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man.

Mat 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed….adulteries, fornications...

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said….Thou shalt not commit adultery….

Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed…adulteries, fornications….

Mar 10:11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
Mar 10:12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery…

Luk 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery…

Joh 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
….
Joh 8:11 ….And Jesus said unto her….go, and sin no more.

Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Commandment 8

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed….thefts….

Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said….Thou shalt not steal….

Mat 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Mar 7:22 Thefts….
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments….Do not steal, Defraud not….

Luk 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments….Do not steal….

Commandment 9

Mat 5:33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
Mat 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed....thefts, false witness...

Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments….Do not bear false witness, Defraud not….

Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour….and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Commandment 10

Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts….
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man:

Mar 7:22 ….covetousness….
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

He had plenty to say about each one of those Ten Commandments.
One thing He never did say was that He was doing away with them...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
heretoeternity said:
You got it covered very well Barrd...excellent points you raise...the law of God never changes...it is written in stone, and it is the measure of judgement....as Jesus told the woman caught in adultery...I forgive you go and sin no more....Jesus was obviously referring to do not break God's law anymore...as Apostle John says "sin is transgression of the law"..Unfortunately some arrogant and/or ill informed "christians" think they can obtain forgiveness for sins, and then carry on without the law of God, and avoid repentance...are they ever in for a rude awakening!
They are those who will hear Jesus say "I never knew you."

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle Paul said,
19. Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. Romans 3:19-20

Jesus said,
17. "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
18. "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Romans 3:19-20

When Jesus spoke to "the rich young ruler" and disappointed the young man with His answers (mainly with the suggestion that he should give up his wealth for charity's sake and follow Him) He stated,
23. Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24. "And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.''
We understand this to mean that Jesus saw the man's heart and that He placed more value on his wealth than on his salvation.
Then we see this interchange with His disciples:
25. When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, "Who then can be saved?''
26. But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.''
Is this passage teaching the necessity of poverty for salvation? Or was Jesus teaching that men can't be saved by anything they do, because salvation is the work of God alone?
There are exactly 0 (zero) contradictions between the teaching of our Lord and that of His apostle. Paul didn't teach that the law was abrogated, but rather that Jesus fulfilled the law (even as He said) and became the propitiation of our sin, and that working the works of the law to be counted as righteous now that the new covenant is established is sin,:
4. Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6. just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works: 7. "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; 8. blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.'' Romans 4:4-8
To be clear here, Paul didn't teach that doing the works of the law was somehow wrong, but what he did teach was that doing them to be righteous or justified before God is sin. But did Jesus say anything like what Paul said in chapter 4 of Romans?
"So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, `We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.' '' Luke 17:10
I'd say that Jesus made it pretty clear that keeping the commandments is a duty and not some way of earning merit or favor with God. Keep in mind that He said, "But go and learn what this means: `I desire mercy and not sacrifice.' For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.'' Matthew 9:13 and, So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.'' Matthew 19:17
The point of all of these sayings of Jesus is that He came to fulfill the law, because no ordinary man could. Jesus knew the book of Deuteronomy well, quoting it often, and what does that book say with regard to keeping the law?
"But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you: Deuteronomy 28:15
This was no less true in Jesus' days as a man in the flesh, than it was in Moses' day, and the Apostle explained this for our understanding in his epistle to the Romans. There are no contradictions. Jesus fulfilled the law with His life and paid the price of our sin with His death. Consider that when we see Jesus speaking in the gospels, it is usually to Jews who were by covenant under the law. The law never applied to the world, but Paul goes to some length to explain that the gentiles are judged by the law because an understanding of the points of the law is built into human nature. (Conscience is universal, but conscience can be silenced by repeated patterns of sin.)
Paul also explained that God has confined all under sin so that His promises would be kept to those who believe Christ: 22. But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23. But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. Galatians 3:22-25
The scripture isn't a collection of rules for us to follow to heaven, but is the testimony of God about Himself given through angelic beings, prophets inspired by His Spirit, and finally by His Son (and those chosen to be found in Him.) Its also a testimony about men, our fallen nature, and the only hope of our redemption through faith in Jesus Christ.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Did you even read what I wrote, Stan?
You say that the NC laws are not the OC ones.
I say the Ten Commandments have never been "done away".

What does Jesus say about it?

He had plenty to say about each one of those Ten Commandments.
One thing He never did say was that He was doing away with them...
Yes Barrd, and I answered you. Repeating yourself doesn't change the facts.

Heb 8:13
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Matt 5:18
I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single iota or one little stroke will pass from the law until everything takes place.
Rom 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law, so now there is righteousness for everyone who believes.
Matt 9:16-17
“No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”

If you don't GET what NEW means, then you will simply follow the old way. NEW is NEW, nothing like the old. A new way of doing things because as Luke said the old way never worked.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
What Stan is trying to say is when Jesus encountered the woman caught in adultery (John 8) He told her He did not condemn her, so she should go and keep on doing what she is doing?...interesting, but irresponsible concept...when Jesus actually said "go and sin no more"...in other words "follow God's commandments..

Stan has a problem in his quotes differentiating between the law of Moses and the sacrificial system (the 613 sacrificial, feast, food, festival, circumcision days etc) which ended at the Cross , with the exception of the four mentioned in Acts 15....these were the ones which pointed the away to the Cross.....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
StanJ said:
Yes Barrd, and I answered you. Repeating yourself doesn't change the facts.

Heb 8:13
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Matt 5:18
I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single iota or one little stroke will pass from the law until everything takes place.
Rom 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law, so now there is righteousness for everyone who believes.
Matt 9:16-17
“No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”

If you don't GET what NEW means, then you will simply follow the old way. NEW is NEW, nothing like the old. A new way of doing things because as Luke said the old way never worked.
When God announced the coming of His New Covenant through the mouth of His prophet Jeremiah, He specifically stated that it would contain His law.
What is "His law"? In the entire Bible, there is only ONE occasion where God wrote any commandments with His Own finger...and He wrote them in stone, which shows that they are permanent.
Jesus never once said that the law would be "done away"...in fact, as I have shown, He reaffirmed every single one of the Ten Commandments.

What is NEW is that each of us will know the Lord personally. AND....this is the important part....God has promised that He will forgive our sins.

What is NEW is simply this....grace.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
heretoeternity said:
What Stan is trying to say is when Jesus encountered the woman caught in adultery (John 8) He told her He did not condemn her, so she should go and keep on doing what she is doing?...interesting, but irresponsible concept...when Jesus actually said "go and sin no more"...in other words "follow God's commandments..

Stan has a problem in his quotes differentiating between the law of Moses and the sacrificial system (the 613 sacrificial, feast, food, festival, circumcision days etc) which ended at the Cross , with the exception of the four mentioned in Acts 15....these were the ones which pointed the away to the Cross.....
I don't think Stan realizes it...he's really not such a bad old fa...uh...curmudgeon...

But yeah...that is exactly what he is saying.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
When God announced the coming of His New Covenant through the mouth of His prophet Jeremiah, He specifically stated that it would contain His law.
What is "His law"? In the entire Bible, there is only ONE occasion where God wrote any commandments with His Own finger...and He wrote them in stone, which shows that they are permanent.
Jesus never once said that the law would be "done away"...in fact, as I have shown, He reaffirmed every single one of the Ten Commandments.

What is NEW is that each of us will know the Lord personally. AND....this is the important part....God has promised that He will forgive our sins.

Really? Where did He say I will write my 10 commandments on their hearts? God's law existed way before the 10 commandments, but THEY ushered in the OLD covenant, which is NOW obsolete and HAS disappeared.
Not addressing what I wrote only shows you can't, for obvious reasons. Not sure why the logic of what Paul and Luke taught escapes you, but I've done my best to show you. My experience tells me you will not be properly instructed in this regard.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
I don't think Stan realizes it...he's really not such a bad old fa...uh...curmudgeon...

But yeah...that is exactly what he is saying.
As hereto is on my ignore list, I care not what he says and if you're going to support him I'll put you back on my ignore list.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:

Jesus (who is God) may not have written any laws down in the gospels, but He certainly gave a new commandment commensurate with the initiation of the New Covenant:
10. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. 11. "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12. "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:10-12
This one commandment, sometimes referred to as "the royal law" because it came directly from the king of kings, effectively satisfies the law with regard to our relationships to other people. Jesus put it this way:
37. Jesus said to him, " `You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38. "This is the first and great commandment. 39. "And the second is like it: `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' 40. "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.'' Matthew 22:37-40
The Apostle Paul explains the same thing with regard to our relationships in the epistle to the Romans: For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery,'' "You shall not murder,'' "You shall not steal,'' "You shall not bear false witness,'' "You shall not covet,'' and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'' Romans 13:9
If people choose to "live by the law" according to Moses, they engage in prohibitions for the most part, rather than in the proactive commandment "to love one another as I have loved you." There are a number of reasons for this, one being that many people are ignorant of what the word translated as "love" means and think that having warm and fuzzy feelings for people satisfies this command. Another reason is that its easier to counterfeit a righteousness that is based upon works.
Many of Jesus' rebukes in the gospels were aimed at the Pharisees for precisely this thing, which is why He told His disciples that they must have a righteousness greater than that of the Pharisees. The love of God which we are commanded to express towards one another is much more difficult to fake. You don't have to be born again of the Holy Spirit to do charitable works, and other religions stress such works as ways to advance yourself spiritually, but it's much more difficult to love those that hate you and do evil to you, though Jesus tells us that this makes us complete in Him: 44. "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45. "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46. "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47. "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48. "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:44-48
The fact that Jesus gives this instruction tells us that it isn't our natural response, so it requires a supernatural response, an act of grace on God's part to give us the desire, the will, and the power to do His will. He might do this for anyone sovereignly, but He gives His children, those born again of His Spirit, access to Him through prayer, and the power of His Spirit to do His will. The fact that we don't always keep this command is proof enough that we haven't been perfected, but as children of God our failures bring discipline and correction, not condemnation, which could never be said of the law as given by Moses.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Michael V Pardo said:
Jesus (who is God) may not have written any laws down in the gospels, but He certainly gave a new commandment commensurate with the initiation of the New Covenant:
10. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. 11. "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12. "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15:10-12
This one commandment, sometimes referred to as "the royal law" because it came directly from the king of kings, effectively satisfies the law with regard to our relationships to other people. Jesus put it this way:
37. Jesus said to him, " `You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38. "This is the first and great commandment. 39. "And the second is like it: `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' 40. "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.'' Matthew 22:37-40
The Apostle Paul explains the same thing with regard to our relationships in the epistle to the Romans: For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery,'' "You shall not murder,'' "You shall not steal,'' "You shall not bear false witness,'' "You shall not covet,'' and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'' Romans 13:9
If people choose to "live by the law" according to Moses, they engage in prohibitions for the most part, rather than in the proactive commandment "to love one another as I have loved you." There are a number of reasons for this, one being that many people are ignorant of what the word translated as "love" means and think that having warm and fuzzy feelings for people satisfies this command. Another reason is that its easier to counterfeit a righteousness that is based upon works.
Many of Jesus' rebukes in the gospels were aimed at the Pharisees for precisely this thing, which is why He told His disciples that they must have a righteousness greater than that of the Pharisees. The love of God which we are commanded to express towards one another is much more difficult to fake. You don't have to be born again of the Holy Spirit to do charitable works, and other religions stress such works as ways to advance yourself spiritually, but it's much more difficult to love those that hate you and do evil to you, though Jesus tells us that this makes us complete in Him: 44. "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45. "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46. "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47. "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48. "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:44-48
The fact that Jesus gives this instruction tells us that it isn't our natural response, so it requires a supernatural response, an act of grace on God's part to give us the desire, the will, and the power to do His will. He might do this for anyone sovereignly, but He gives His children, those born again of His Spirit, access to Him through prayer, and the power of His Spirit to do His will. The fact that we don't always keep this command is proof enough that we haven't been perfected, but as children of God our failures bring discipline and correction, not condemnation, which could never be said of the law as given by Moses.
Wow, Micheal...this is beautiful.
We are in complete agreement.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
StanJ said:
Really? Where did He say I will write my 10 commandments on their hearts? God's law existed way before the 10 commandments, but THEY ushered in the OLD covenant, which is NOW obsolete and HAS disappeared.
Not addressing what I wrote only shows you can't, for obvious reasons. Not sure why the logic of what Paul and Luke taught escapes you, but I've done my best to show you. My experience tells me you will not be properly instructed in this regard.
Okay, then...you have caught me in a rather teachable mood.
So, you tell me, then, Stan...what do you think God meant when He said He would write His law?

Not sure what you mean by "the logic of Paul and Luke"...but I am very sure that the Bible does not contradict itself...although taken out of context some verses do seem to indicate that. Generally, if you read the entire scripture rather than just a verse or two, you have a better shot at getting the true meaning...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
StanJ said:
As hereto is on my ignore list, I care not what he says and if you're going to support him I'll put you back on my ignore list.
:rolleyes: Why am I not surprised?

Stan, people don't have to constantly agree with one another in order to get along.
There are a few things we do not agree on...but we manage to tolerate one another.
Believe it or not, I actually like you. You kinda remind me of my Grandpa...

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Okay, then...you have caught me in a rather teachable mood.
So, you tell me, then, Stan...what do you think God meant when He said He would write His law?

Not sure what you mean by "the logic of Paul and Luke"...but I am very sure that the Bible does not contradict itself...although taken out of context some verses do seem to indicate that. Generally, if you read the entire scripture rather than just a verse or two, you have a better shot at getting the true meaning...
What Jeremiah actually says is; ...I will PUT my law WITHIN them...that is Jesus. He will metaphorically write His law, obedience to the Father, on our hearts, in keeping with what Paul teaches in Rom 12:2 and Eph 4:23.
What you can't do is just pull the one verse out of there without taking all of it into context. God WILL do what He wills, as long as we TRULY confess Jesus as our saviour. There are no longer written rules to follow, but only guidelines that the Holy Spirit will guide is through.
The logic of Paul and Luke was that the Mosaic written law of the OC was no longer applicable as the NEW covenant had come, which was NOT dependent on rules, but ONLY of accepting Jesus as our righteousness.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Stan, people don't have to constantly agree with one another in order to get along.
There are a few things we do not agree on...but we manage to tolerate one another.
Believe it or not, I actually like you. You kinda remind me of my Grandpa...
My point is these people are on ignore for a reason, they cannot be instructed or they are totally ignorant. I don't want to see their comments about me in any way shape or form.
The Bible itself teaches us to not waste our time on people who are not receptive, especially when they claim to be believers.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are things I simply don't think we are going to agree on, Barrd.

1. Jesus did not focus in the 10 commandments or any other part of the law of moses. He mentioned them, but it wasn't his focus point.

2. Jesus, Paul, Peter nor John taught that the new covenent was rehashing the old one.

3. When God said,"this is the covenant I will make with them, I will put my laws in their hearts and ib their mind will I write them." He was speaking of the law of grace. You looked in Jeremiah and hebrews 8. Was there something in hebrews 10 you didn't like?

Its either grace or the law., Barrd. Not both.

Reactions: StanJ

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
FHII said:
There are things I simply don't think we are going to agree on, Barrd.

1. Jesus did not focus in the 10 commandments or any other part of the law of moses. He mentioned them, but it wasn't his focus point.

2. Jesus, Paul, Peter nor John taught that the new covenent was rehashing the old one.

3. When God said,"this is the covenant I will make with them, I will put my laws in their hearts and ib their mind will I write them." He was speaking of the law of grace. You looked in Jeremiah and hebrews 8. Was there something in hebrews 10 you didn't like?

Its either grace or the law., Barrd. Not both.
I must fully concur.