Please HELP Dan. 2:45

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Retrobyter,

Retrobyter said:
That is our promise to the American Flag and to the one Nation under God - that republic - to be loyal and faithful to both,
I'm not sure why it's so difficult to grasp that virtually every nation on earth uses the REPUBLIC model, and thus we have a residue of IRON in the FEET of CLAY empire era.

Retrobyter said:
Verse 45 says "Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold," but verse 35 says "Iron, Clay, Bronze, Silver, Gold!" Maybe God had both ways recorded so that guys like you wouldn't go off thinking that the order was important, right?
When a draftsman shows a new view, does that throw out the information in the previous view? Aren't BOTH views correct? And if BOTH are correct, then it's the responsibility of the machinist to build the part per ALL Views.

So while you ponder the two differences please end up where BOTH are satisfied, and the Roman Representative REPUBLIC form of governance is properly reflected.

With Best Regards,
DD

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, DaDad.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

That is our promise to the American Flag and to the one Nation under God - that republic - to be loyal and faithful to both, giving of ourselves when the time comes and when our Nation or our God calls!
For the disciple of Christ this is an impossibility.

Only one loyalty.

Remember you were once a loyal citizen of your country but an alien toward God and the commonwealth of His people. But now you are brought near to a Jew, an Israelite in whom is no guile and your allegiance is to him alone. Eph 2:12,13

Else your wall of hostility toward Him remains.

Purity

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Purity.

Purity said:
For the disciple of Christ this is an impossibility.

Only one loyalty.

Remember you were once a loyal citizen of your country but an alien toward God and the commonwealth of His people. But now you are brought near to a Jew, an Israelite in whom is no guile and your allegiance is to him alone. Eph 2:12,13

Else your wall of hostility toward Him remains.

Purity
Nonsense! This country was founded upon godly principles, and as long as the objectives of the government are aligned with God's objectives, there is no conflict between the two. It's only when ridiculous men and women get in the way of those godly principles and divide the purposes of the government's objectives that we have a problem.

My loyalty IS to my sovereign YHWH and to His Representative King-to-be and Son, Yeshua`, but remember Paul's words:

Romans 13:1-10
1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
NIV

And, don't forget Kefa's (Peter's) instruction:

1 Peter 2:13-18
13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
KJV

To honor the President is to honor our King! And, if the Commander In Chief requires our service, then we should give him our service, as unto our King!

Is that a problem for you? Do you understand how the one is not truly in conflict with the other?

Now, don't get me wrong; when Yeshua` returns as King of the Jews, King of Isra'el and begins to become King of kings, I will give Him ALL my attention and my service as He certainly will deserve and require of His subjects.

However, right now, THIS is the will of God! So, if you are a citizen of the United States, be the best citizen of the United States of America as you can be! It is YHWH'S ORDER! OBEY IT!

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Purity.

Nonsense! This country was founded upon godly principles, and as long as the objectives of the government are aligned with God's objectives, there is no conflict between the two. It's only when ridiculous men and women get in the way of those godly principles and divide the purposes of the government's objectives that we have a problem.

My loyalty IS to my sovereign YHWH and to His Representative King-to-be and Son, Yeshua`, but remember Paul's words:

Romans 13:1-10
1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
NIV

And, don't forget Kefa's (Peter's) instruction:

1 Peter 2:13-18
13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
KJV

To honor the President is to honor our King! And, if the Commander In Chief requires our service, then we should give him our service, as unto our King!

Is that a problem for you? Do you understand how the one is not truly in conflict with the other?

Now, don't get me wrong; when Yeshua` returns as King of the Jews, King of Isra'el and begins to become King of kings, I will give Him ALL my attention and my service as He certainly will deserve and require of His subjects.

However, right now, THIS is the will of God! So, if you are a citizen of the United States, be the best citizen of the United States of America as you can be! It is YHWH'S ORDER! OBEY IT!
Patriotism has no place for the people of God. Yes we are to respect the laws of the Land, but where those laws seek to remove His righteous commands we know Whom we obey!

I am often amazed at the cultural paradigm Americans bring to the true Gospel of Jesus Christ - gun laws are one such issue you currently face. Christ states one should love their enemy (Matt 5:43,44) but you live in a society which condones killing someone who threatens your civil liberties, or seeks to kill you for some indifference. Its amazing what can be justified under the symbol of a flag - now that's nonsense.

Retro, you are a sojourner in that land and while you require natural citizenship by no means are you spiritual bound to that country, or its ungodly policies.

Be like Abraham ;) Heb 11:10

Purity

Sojourning principles needs to be acknowledged first before quoting Romans 13.

[SIZE=9.5pt]Sojourning: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Sojourn in this land (Gen. 26:3); Abraham went down to Egypt to sojourn there (Gen. 12:10); Abraham sojourned in Gerar (Gen. 20:1); this man came to sojourn and he would act the judge (Gen. 19:9); they will sojourn in a land which is not theirs (Gen. 15:13); Abraham sojourned in the land of the Philistines many days (Gen. 21:34); Canaan, the land of your sojournings (Gen. 17:8; Exod. 6:4); Jacob [/SIZE]lived in the land of Canaan where his father sojourned (Gen. 37:1); show kindness to the land where you are sojourning (Gen. 21:23); we have come to sojourn in the land (Gen. 47:4); I have been a sojourner in a foreign land (Exod. 2:22); Hebron, where Abraham and Isaac sojourned (Gen. 35:27); I have sojourned with Laban until now (Gen. 32:4); Elimelech went to sojourn in Moab (Ruth 1:1).

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Purity.

Purity said:
Patriotism has no place for the people of God. Yes we are to respect the laws of the Land, but where those laws seek to remove His righteous commands we know Whom we obey!

I am often amazed at the cultural paradigm Americans bring to the true Gospel of Jesus Christ - gun laws are one such issue you currently face. Christ states one should love their enemy (Matt 5:43,44) but you live in a society which condones killing someone who threatens your civil liberties, or seeks to kill you for some indifference. Its amazing what can be justified under the symbol of a flag - now that's nonsense.

Retro, you are a sojourner in that land and while you require natural citizenship by no means are you spiritual bound to that country, or its ungodly policies.

Be like Abraham ;) Heb 11:10

Purity

Sojourning principles needs to be acknowledged first before quoting Romans 13.

[SIZE=9.5pt]Sojourning: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Sojourn in this land (Gen. 26:3); Abraham went down to Egypt to sojourn there (Gen. 12:10); Abraham sojourned in Gerar (Gen. 20:1); this man came to sojourn and he would act the judge (Gen. 19:9); they will sojourn in a land which is not theirs (Gen. 15:13); Abraham sojourned in the land of the Philistines many days (Gen. 21:34); Canaan, the land of your sojournings (Gen. 17:8; Exod. 6:4); Jacob lived in the land of Canaan where his father sojourned (Gen. 37:1); show kindness to the land where you are sojourning (Gen. 21:23); we have come to sojourn in the land (Gen. 47:4); I have been a sojourner in a foreign land (Exod. 2:22); Hebron, where Abraham and Isaac[/SIZE] sojourned (Gen. 35:27); I have sojourned with Laban until now (Gen. 32:4); Elimelech went to sojourn in Moab (Ruth 1:1).
With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about! Consider the following passage (the context of one of the verses you quoted above):

Genesis 21:22-32
22 And it came to pass at that time, that Abimelech and Phichol the chief captain of his host spake unto Abraham, saying, God is with thee in all that thou doest:
23 Now therefore swear unto me here by God that thou wilt not deal falsely with me, nor with my son, nor with my son's son: but according to the kindness (Hebrew: kacheced = like-covenant-keeping) that I have done unto thee, thou shalt do unto me, and to the land wherein thou hast sojourned.
24 And Abraham said, I will swear.
25 And Abraham reproved Abimelech because of a well of water, which Abimelech's servants had violently taken away.
26 And Abimelech said, I wot not who hath done this thing: neither didst thou tell me, neither yet heard I of it, but to day.
27 And Abraham took sheep and oxen, and gave them unto Abimelech; and both of them made a covenant.
28 And Abraham set seven ewe lambs of the flock by themselves.
29 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What mean these seven ewe lambs which thou hast set by themselves?
30 And he said, For these seven ewe lambs shalt thou take of my hand, that they may be a witness unto me, that I have digged this well.
31 Wherefore he called that place Beer-sheba (Hebrew for "Well of Seven"); because there they sware both of them.
32 Thus they made a covenant at Beer-sheba: then Abimelech rose up, and Phichol the chief captain of his host, and they returned into the land of the Philistines.
KJV

"Checed" is MUCH MORE than "kindness" or "loving-kindness" as it is sometimes translated! It carries with it the idea of "COVENANT-KEEPING!" That's why the Holman Christian Standard Bible translates it as "be loyal." The word means to hold up your end of the deal, to be true to the agreement!

Avraham was LIKE a sojourner in the Land of Isra'el, but God had promised ALL the Land upon which he set his foot to be a Land for him and his descendants!

Genesis 13:14-18
14 And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the Lord.
KJV

Hebrews 11:8-10
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles (Greek: en skeenais = "in tents") with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
KJV

He lived like a Bedouin of Arabia, following his herds as they grazed! But, everywhere he set his foot, that Land was promised to HIM AND HIS SEED! This INCLUDES Philistia (the modern-day Gaza Strip) and Egypt! For him and Yitschaq (Isaac) and Ya`aqov (Jacob), these Lands were promised by God to be THEIR Land! He was a sojourner - a traveling visitor - because he was TAKING POSSESSION OF THE LAND!

Sometime, you should watch the movie "Sergeant York" (1951), starring Gary Cooper. Alvin York (a REAL war hero) was a simple man from the back woods of Tennessee and a born-again believer who believed his Bible and didn't want to fight in the Great War. "God doesn't want me to kill anyone." At first, he filed to be a conscientious objector for WWI because He didn't want to kill anyone, but he learned something from another Christian: God wants us to protect the innocent! We cannot allow the wicked to kill the innocent! That is ALSO something that God doesn't want! We have to stop the aggression of wicked men and stop it as soon as possible!

Regarding gun laws, there's a saying that goes around - "Guns don't kill people; PEOPLE kill people!" It's very true. Guns are simply tools that people may use. How they CHOOSE to use those tools determines who is lawful and who is lawless! Sin starts on the INSIDE and is manifested outwardly afterward! Now, granted, many people these days are not taught to have a good sense of morality; so, the potential for having a person abuse the gun for some hot-headed, thoughtless aggression, but "guns" are not the bad guy in the story! If a "bad guy," a person who has decided through many choices in his or her life to do what he or she KNOWS is wrong, even if the action SEEMS to be impulsive, commits a crime and uses a gun to maim or kill someone else, that person would have found something else to use if guns were not available!

Accidents, too, can happen with ANY tool if the instruction for how to use the tool properly is missing! Many times I have heard of a carpenter getting hit with a nail from a nail gun when someone forgets to put the safety on while the air compressor is running! That, too, is potentially deadly!

When automobiles first were becoming popular, one had to be an engineer or at least a good tinkerer in order to own and operate one. They broke down frequently. Now that they've become readily available to anyone with (or even without) a valid driver's license and are fairly reliable, only needing occasional maintenance, they are easily operated by those who don't have the slightest clue how they work or what to do with them if they break down! They are out on the road with these vehicles, with or without the proper instruction for how to use them. Driver's Education courses may or may not be effective; a person may or may not have learned those courses well enough. They may only know enough to pass a driver's exam, and then ... "YIPPEE! That's out of the way! I've got my license! Let's go celebrate!" Is it any wonder that we have so many "accidents" with them?

A gun is nothing more than a mechanism that strikes a bullet at a particular point hard enough to set off an explosion within the chamber of the cartridge to fire a projectile, the actual bullet, down the gun's barrel, and out the nose of the gun in a particular direction with a particular exit velocity and spin. The person firing the gun is the one who chooses what that projectile will do and what will be its target.

I will leave you with this thought:

1 John 4:20-21
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
KJV

The word "patriot" is defined as...

patriot, n. 1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests....
"Country" is defined as...

country, --n. 1. a state or nation: European countries. 2. the territory of a nation. 3. the people of a district, state, or nation. 4. the land of one's birth or citizenship. 5. rural districts, as opposed to cities or towns. 6. any considerable territory demarcated by topographical conditions, by a distinctive population, etc. 7. the public at large, as represented by a jury. 8. COUNTRY MUSIC. --adj. 9. of, from, or characteristic of the country; rural. 10. rude; unpolished; rustic: country manners. 11. of, from, or pertaining to a particular country. 12. Obs. of one's own country. [1200-50; ME cuntree < AF, OF < VL *(regio) contrada terrain opposite the viewer]
I submit to you that a true "patriot" is "one who LOVES, supports, and defends the PEOPLE of his or her own state or nation," not just the land or the governing control. These are the PEOPLE that we know, love, and care about, the PEOPLE whom we see everyday under normal conditions, the PEOPLE who are important to us, the PEOPLE who matter to us! And, shouldn't we love our neighbor as ourselves? And who exactly IS our neighbor?
Luke 10:25-37
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him,
What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him,
Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
30 And Jesus answering said,
A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
KJV

John 15:12-13
12 This is my COMMANDMENT, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
KJV

This is not just about Yeshua`s willingness to be sacrificed for our sins; this is FOR US, TOO! If you can't be patriotic to those whom you can see, how can you say that you are patriotic to God whom you cannot see?!

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
To All,

I believe the QUESTION of this Topic was and still is:

WHAT IS THE INTELLIGENT DESIGN OF THE SEQUENCE AS PROVIDED IN DANIEL 2:45:

Daniel 2:45
the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

This post makes #46, with still no resolution. So for those who refuse to accept the premise provided in the Opening Post, -- PLEASE PROVIDE AN ALTERNATE EXPLANATION FOR THE SEQUENCE: 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE.

With Best Regards,
DD

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, DaDad.

DaDad said:
To All,

I believe the QUESTION of this Topic was and still is:

WHAT IS THE INTELLIGENT DESIGN OF THE SEQUENCE AS PROVIDED IN DANIEL 2:45:

This post makes #46, with still no resolution. So for those who refuse to accept the premise provided in the Opening Post, -- PLEASE PROVIDE AN ALTERNATE EXPLANATION FOR THE SEQUENCE: 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE.

With Best Regards,
DD
Yeah, sorry for getting off-topic a bit. However, I feel patriotism is NOT a bad word and should have been dealt with.

The answer to your "question" (without a question mark) is that THERE ISN'T ONE! I believe that Dani'el was just rattling off a list that didn't have any particular order, except the order in which they appeared in the dream, and ANYTHING that ANYONE reads into this list beyond that is SHEER SPECULATION, and should be treated as such. You certainly don't have any of Dani'el's explanation of the dream to support your theory! And, why was the order different in Dani'el 2:35?

No, you're trying to READ INTO the Scriptures something that ISN'T THERE! That's called "eisegesis," as opposed to "exegesis," and it's NOT a good way to interpret Scripture! That form of interpretation places the thoughts of the interpreter higher than the words of the text!

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Retrobyter said:
I believe that Dani'el was just rattling off a list that didn't have any particular order,
Hi Retrobyter,

Once again, one could excuse GOD for being prattle minded, except GM provides an INTELLIGENT DESIGN sequence for it's pre-LS series 8-cylinder engines: 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2. So are you suggesting that GM is more carefully considered than GOD?

prat·tle

verb (used without object), prat·tled, prat·tling.
1. to talk in a foolish or simple-minded way; chatter; babble.

verb (used with object), prat·tled, prat·tling.
2. to utter by chattering or babbling.

noun
3. the act of prattling.
4. chatter; babble: the prattle of children.
5. a babbling sound: the prattle of water rushing over stones.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prattle

I hope you don't wire your distributor 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

With Best Regards,
DD

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Purity.

A gun is nothing more than a mechanism that strikes a bullet at a particular point hard enough to set off an explosion within the chamber of the cartridge to fire a projectile, the actual bullet, down the gun's barrel, and out the nose of the gun in a particular direction with a particular exit velocity and spin. The person firing the gun is the one who chooses what that projectile will do and what will be its target.
You would need to admit the usefulness of this above response has no worth at all.

I will leave you with this thought:

1 John 4:20-21
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
KJV

The word "patriot" is defined as...

"Country" is defined as...

I submit to you that a true "patriot" is "one who LOVES, supports, and defends the PEOPLE of his or her own state or nation," not just the land or the governing control. These are the PEOPLE that we know, love, and care about, the PEOPLE whom we see everyday under normal conditions, the PEOPLE who are important to us, the PEOPLE who matter to us! And, shouldn't we love our neighbor as ourselves? And who exactly IS our neighbor?
Luke 10:25-37
25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him,
What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him,
Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
30 And Jesus answering said,
A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
KJV

John 15:12-13
12 This is my COMMANDMENT, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
KJV

This is not just about Yeshua`s willingness to be sacrificed for our sins; this is FOR US, TOO! If you can't be patriotic to those whom you can see, how can you say that you are patriotic to God whom you cannot see?!
It appears you totally missed the point of what it means to be a sojourner in the land, and further more missed the point of how patriotism compromises the true Christian.

Patriotism: Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism—how passionately I hate them! AE

And you accept this as truth? :(

What this shows is how easily the kingdoms of men (Dan 2 & 7) can deceive a rather intelligent believer as yourself. Every culture in the world has its vices and the disciple needs to be very cautious about the stands he must make for his Lord. For instance here in Australia, on the whole guns are not an issue, but rather an avarice lifestyle filled with all manner of gratuitous desires can rob the believer of his priceless pearl.

When Christ comes and his command goes forth to turn every weapon of warfare into pruning hooks you will finally understand their end.

Purity

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
To All,

Has anyone noticed that the "mystery" of GOD's Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE remains unsolved? Certainly there have been denials as to the INTELLIGENT DESIGN of this sequence; there have been attempts to accure this sequence to anyone but GOD (presumably so that they can deny disobedience of Scripture); and there were tangents which attempted to divert attention from the question. But in all these "contributions" to this Topic, NONE were able explain why GOD specified the 4,3,5,2,1 sequence.

In some circles, if an individual did not know an answer they would say: "I don't know." But it would seem that in this "community" we've seen every response except: "I don't know." Which is in contrast to when Jesus did not know the day or the hour, he said HE DID NOT KNOW. So is there a lesson to be learned here? Are we to judge the "prophets" as Scripture demands? And do we judge righteously?

1 Cor. 14:29
Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge.

Dan. 2:45
... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold ...

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
The "revived Roman Empire" is the most common idea, however, the ten toes are probably the 10 countries named in scripture which are now mostly Islamic.
Much more can be read in : www.revelationsmessage.co.uk
Floyd

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, DaDad.

DaDad said:
Hi Retrobyter,

Once again, one could excuse GOD for being prattle minded, except GM provides an INTELLIGENT DESIGN sequence for it's pre-LS series 8-cylinder engines: 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2. So are you suggesting that GM is more carefully considered than GOD?

prat·tle

verb (used without object), prat·tled, prat·tling.
1. to talk in a foolish or simple-minded way; chatter; babble.

verb (used with object), prat·tled, prat·tling.
2. to utter by chattering or babbling.

noun
3. the act of prattling.
4. chatter; babble: the prattle of children.
5. a babbling sound: the prattle of water rushing over stones.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prattle

I hope you don't wire your distributor 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

With Best Regards,
DD
Wow, man, you are just ADAMANT that there has to be something to the order of these materials, aren't you? No, buddy, I'm saying that GM was more careful than the man Dani'el! HE was the one who said what is written in Daniel 2:45 and also in Daniel 2:35.

Let's look at them together, shall we?

Daniel 2:35
35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
KJV

45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
KJV

Here's the Aramaic (transliterated) and its interpretation word-for-word:

Daniel 2:35
35 Bee’dayin daaquw kachadaah parzlaa’ chacpaa’ nchaashaa’kacpaa’ vdahaVaa’ vahavow k`uwr min - idreey - qayiT uwnsaa’ himown ruwchaa’ vkhaal - atar laa’ - hishtakhach lhown v’aVnaa’ | diy - mchaat l`tsalmaa’ havaat lTuwr raV uwmlaat kaal - ar`aa’:
JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH

35 Bee’dayin = 35 Then
daaquw = was-crushed
kachadaah = at-once
parzlaa’ = iron
chacpaa’ = clay
nchaashaa’ = brass
kacpaa’ = silver
vdahaVaa’ = and-gold

vahavow = and-became
k`uwr = like-chaff
min - = from/out-of -
idreey - = threshingfloors
qayiT = of-summer
uwnsaa’ = and-lifted
himown = them
ruwchaa’ = a-wind
vkhaal - = and-every
atar = place
laa’ - = not
hishtakhach = was-found
lhown = for-them
v’aVnaa’ = and-(the)-stone
diy - = that
mchaat = smashed
l`tsalmaa’ = to-image
havaat = became
lTuwr = a-mountain
raV = great/large
uwmlaat = and-filled
kaal - = all-
ar`aa’: = earth/land.

45 kaal - qaaVeel diy - chazaytaa diy miTuwraa’ itgzeret even diy - laa’ biydayin vhadeqet parzlaa’ nchaashaa’ chacpaa’ kacpaa’ vdahaVaa’ elaah raV howda` lmalkaa’ maah diy lehevee’ achareey dnaah vyatsiyV chelmaa’ uwmheeyman pishreeh:
JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH

45 kaal - = 45 All -
qaaVeel = in-front-of
diy - = that -
chazaytaa = thou-sawest/you-(singular)-saw
diy = that
miTuwraa’ = from/out-of-a-cliff
itgzeret = was-cut
even = a-rock/a-stone
diy - = that
laa’ = no
biydayin = in-hands
vhadeqet = and-it-smashed
parzlaa’ = iron
nchaashaa’ = brass
chacpaa’ = clay
kacpaa’ = silver
vdahaVaa’ = and-gold

Elaah = God
raV = great
howda` = has-made-known
lmalkaa’ = to-king
maah = what
diy = that
lehevee’ = shall-exist
achareey = after
dnaah = this
vyatsiyV = and-is-fixed
chelmaa’ = dream
uwmheeyman = and-is-trustworthy
pishreeh: = its-interpretation

So, even in the Aramaic the order is different! Tell me this: Why is the order of verse 45 so important to you and the order of verse 35 so neglected?

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Floyd,

Floyd said:
The "revived Roman Empire" is the most common idea, however, the ten toes are probably the 10 countries named in scripture which are now mostly Islamic.
Much more can be read in : www.revelationsmessage.co.uk
Floyd
I would propose that most accrue "intelligence" to unsubstantiated assertions. But Scripture (1 Cor. 14) says to judge the "prophets". As such I would most strongly urge you to judge for YOURSELF whether the "revived Roman empire" is a candidate. (Please note that that premise is thoroughly discounted in this Topic.)

As such, I would propose that if the Daniel 2:45 IRON, BRONZE, CLAY, SILVER, GOLD sequence is by GOD's Intelligent Design, that you heed that information. Secondly, where the sequence of empires is provided by the Books of Daniel and Revelation, one should discover that there is ABSOLUTELY NO Islamic inference.

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
The Islamic point is only made as the toes are the extreme end of the old Roman Empire, which are now Islamic The comment is not relevant to the Religion of Islam, but to the Countries that made up the extreme end of the "legs" of the Roman Empire.
That's why I suggested to read more on www.revelationsmessage.co.uk
Regards.
Floyd

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Floyd,

Floyd said:
... the Countries that made up the extreme end of the "legs" of the Roman Empire.
Perhaps you missed the context of this Topic. The issue is, -- if the commentators are correct, (as you apparently agree with), and the sequence of world empire is:

1. Gold, Babylonian
2. Silver, Medo/Persian

3. Bronze, Grecian
4a. Iron, Roman
4b. Clay, Revived Roman

... then what is the significance of the Daniel 2:45 IRON, BRONZE, CLAY, SILVER, GOLD = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE, except to distance the CLAY from the IRON to discount a 4a/4b scenario?

And as previously suggested, I don't believe you should wire your distributor 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (provided you might have an GM pre-LS 8-cylinder engine, where in the Motor Manual dictates 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2).

Do you think as some have intimated, that GOD is sufficiently bumble-headed such that HE cannot bring HIS thoughts to any level of coherence, and HIS 4,3,5,2,1 sequence was simply one of many stupid mistakes?

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Apologies if I misconstrued the point.
Not sure what you mean re. your numbering, as my posts did not!
Re. the progression from head to feet/toes of Dan.2; the metals get less precious and, more savage!
The main lesson(IMO), is the progression to lower value and quality of rule of the descending Empires!
I still recommend a read of www.revelationsmessage.co.uk.
Floyd

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Floyd,

Floyd said:
. the progression from head to feet/toes of Dan.2; the metals get less precious and, more savage!
So what is the "progression" as provided in verse 45?

Dan 2:45

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Hello DaDa:
If your question is on 2:45, to me that has always from first reading, been a ref. to Christ Jesus as Warrior at his Second Advent; when he returns to save His "remnant" Israel, and to smash the offending nations assailing Israel, as seen in the ten toes. That is prior to His Judgement of the nations into "sheep and goats", and setting up God's Kingdom on earth; the millennial!
I still recommend a read of www.revelationsmessage.co.uk as that has been written on this subject, to try to get aberrant Goups to study for themselves!
Do you have a different view?
Regards.
Floyd.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Floyd,

Floyd said:
Are you reading my posts?

If you read Dan. 2:45, GOD provides the following sequence: IRON, BRONZE, CLAY, SILVER, GOLD = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE.

Did you find this, and if so, what is the Intelligent Design of that sequence?

DD

PS Someone might be your "DaDa", but I'm DaDad! :)

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Purity.

Purity said:
You would need to admit the usefulness of this above response has no worth at all.

It appears you totally missed the point of what it means to be a sojourner in the land, and further more missed the point of how patriotism compromises the true Christian.

Patriotism: Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism—how passionately I hate them! AE

And you accept this as truth? :(

What this shows is how easily the kingdoms of men (Dan 2 & 7) can deceive a rather intelligent believer as yourself. Every culture in the world has its vices and the disciple needs to be very cautious about the stands he must make for his Lord. For instance here in Australia, on the whole guns are not an issue, but rather an avarice lifestyle filled with all manner of gratuitous desires can rob the believer of his priceless pearl.

When Christ comes and his command goes forth to turn every weapon of warfare into pruning hooks you will finally understand their end.

Purity
Wow. You said, "Patriotism: Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism—how passionately I hate them! AE." If THAT'S your definition of patriotism, it's no wonder you have a problem with it! That's NOT the patriotism that I was taught in school - even in Christian school - when I was a child!

All I meant by the statement of the mechanics of a gun was simply that it is JUST A MACHINE! It has neither a positive nor a negative intention! A GUN IS JUST A TOOL!!! You don't need to fear it any more than you need to cherish it! No amount of gun control is going to change the hearts of those who abuse guns! Gun control SOUNDS good, but it does not work. If someone wants to acquire a gun for some illicit reason - ANY illicit reason, they WILL acquire one, legally or not!