POLL: Have all of GOD's promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob been fulfilled?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

POLL: Have all of GOD's promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob been fulfilled?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
I'm going to start listing the promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob so we can see if they've been fulfilled or not.

Promises to Abraham In Haran

YHWH said to Abram, "Come forth out of your land, out of your kin, and out of your father’s house, and come into a land that I will show you. And I will make you into a great nation, I will bless you, I will magnify your name, and you will be a blessing. And I will bless the ones blessing you, and I will curse the ones cursing you. And all the tribes of the land will be blessed in you. Genesis 12:1

I think we can all agree that this has been fulfilled.

Promise to Abraham in Shechem
YHWH appeared to Abram and said to him, "I will give this land to your seed." ... Genesis 12:7
Paul said the seed is Christ:
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. Galatians 3:16

Jesus was given the land:
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. John 3:35

I think we can all agree this has been fulfilled.

Promises to Abraham In Bethel
GOD said to Abram after Lot parted from him, "Look up with your eyes and behold from the place which you are to the north, south, east, and west because all the land which you see, I am giving her to you and to your seed unto eternity. And I am making your seed as the sand of the land. If any one is able to count the sand of the land, they will count your seed. Rise up and travel through the land, both into its length and width, because I am giving her to you." Genesis 13:14
Notice the unconditional nature of the promise to Abraham and Christ for eternity. This promise was not made to anyone else (except maybe Isaac or Jacob, we'll see); certainly not to the children of Israel.

Promises to Abraham In Hebron
After these words the word of YHWH became to Abram in a vision saying, "Do not fear, Abram. I am your shield. Your wage will increase exceedingly." And Abram said, "Master YHWH, what will you give to me, seeing I am going heirless. And a son of a servant of my house, Eliezer Damascus?" And Abram said, "Behold, you gave no seed to me, and behold a son of my household is my heir." And behold, a word of YHWH to him saying, "This one will not be your heir, for another that will come forth from your bowels, he will be your heir." And [YHWH] brought him [Abram] outside and said, "Please, look heavenward and number the stars, if you are able to number them." And he said, "Thus will become your seed." And he trusted in YHWH, and he reckoned it righteousness to him. And he said to him, "I am YHWH who brought you from Ur of the Chaldeans to give this land to you to possess it." And he said, "YHWH, my master, how will I know that I will possess it?" ... In that day YHWH cut a covenant with Abram saying, "I am giving this land to your seed, from the river of Egypt as far as the great Euphrates river." Genesis 15:1
Again, Christ is the seed to whom the land is promised.

More promises made in Hebron to follow...