• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
John 1:12 says..

"""""But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name""""

Reader.....Notice the condition to receive this Power from God that IS the "power to BECOME a Son of God".

The condition is..."received Him".

Who is Him? Him: is JESUS......This is faith in Christ = is how you receive Him.
And when you do this, God then gives you HIS power to become a Son of God.
Now, to be born again, is the PROCESS of the Power that the Holy Spirit causes.
But what is the actual POWER?

ITs this.....> Romans 1:16.

""" For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the POWER OF GOD unto salvation to every one that believeth"""

Notice reader.....that this power produces something when it is applied through your faith.
It produces.... "unto Salvation".
This means, you are taken from darkness to Light, and from Hell to Heaven... From lost to Saved.. From sinner to Redeemed Saint.
You are changed from unbeliever to believer, which IS the Power, and in this is your Salvation and your eternal life found.

This is why Paul teaches you that he "preaches the CROSS".....as the POWER of the Transformation, that causes you to become a Son of God, is only BASED ON "the Cross" and "belief".

This is why Jesus tells you in John 14:6, that He is THE WAY to God.
He is explaining the LITERAL CROSS of CHRIST that is "the power of God, unto Salvation".

Not Water.
Not commandments
Not deeds, self effort, or "trying to be like Christ".

Only the Cross and Christ the Redeemer has God provided as "the Power of God UNTO Salvation" for as many as BELIEVE.
Give God your Faith in Christ and God will produce in you, for you, and through you, the power to become a "new Creation" "in Christ"..."one with God"..... Born Again.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace and marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What sort of power?......power to willingly lay down your life or power to elevate yourself?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
John 1:12 says..

"""""But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name""""

Reader.....Notice the condition to receive this Power from God that IS the "power to BECOME a Son of God".

The condition is..."received Him".

Who is Him? Him: is JESUS......This is faith in Christ = is how you receive Him.
And when you do this, God then gives you HIS power to become a Son of God.
Now, to be born again, is the PROCESS of the Power that the Holy Spirit causes.
But what is the actual POWER?

ITs this.....> Romans 1:16.

""" For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the POWER OF GOD unto salvation to every one that believeth"""

Notice reader.....that this power produces something when it is applied through your faith.
It produces.... "unto Salvation".
This means, you are taken from darkness to Light, and from Hell to Heaven... From lost to Saved.. From sinner to Redeemed Saint.
You are changed from unbeliever to believer, which IS the Power, and in this is your Salvation and your eternal life found.

This is why Paul teaches you that he "preaches the CROSS".....as the POWER of the Transformation, that causes you to become a Son of God, is only BASED ON "the Cross" and "belief".

This is why Jesus tells you in John 14:6, that He is THE WAY to God.
He is explaining the LITERAL CROSS of CHRIST that is "the power of God, unto Salvation".

Not Water.
Not commandments
Not deeds, self effort, or "trying to be like Christ".

Only the Cross and Christ the Redeemer has God provided as "the Power of God UNTO Salvation" for as many as BELIEVE.
Give God your Faith in Christ and God will produce in you, for you, and through you, the power to become a "new Creation" "in Christ"..."one with God"..... Born Again.

We cannot choose to be born again Be, but we do have the option of choosing life. Most Christians are not born again, but will be every bit as happy as those who were called sir.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What sort of power?......power to willingly lay down your life or power to elevate yourself?

No.

Its God's power to turn you into a Son of God.
You can't do that for yourself, see. this "Power" is "unto Salvation"..
This means that this is the END Result... = "Salvation".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We cannot choose to be born again Be, but we do have the option of choosing life. Most Christians are not born again, but will be every bit as happy as those who were called sir.

Everyone who believes on Jesus, is given the righteousness of God in Christ., as "all who call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved".

So, to teach that God chooses some to burn in hell is a doctrine of demons and is an insult to God's Grace.
You should not be here preaching that false man made Calvinistic heresy and you should leave a denomination that has told you this lie.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone who believes on Jesus, is given the righteousness of God in Christ., as "all who call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved".

So, to teach that God chooses some to burn in hell is a doctrine of demons and is an insult to God's Grace.
You should not be here preaching that false man made Calvinistic heresy and you should leave a denomination that has told you this lie.
As usual, you're teaching things that aren't Biblical, though.

You are claiming that all one must do is make the conscious decision to believe and all these great things happen to them that you described.

That's not what the Bible teaches.

First of all, belief (faith) is a gift from God. Jesus Himself tells us that nobody can come to Him unless the Father draws them. John 6:44

Part of that drawing is giving specific people (those God chooses) the gift of faith. Those are the ones who then, and only then, begin to seek Jesus. Ephesians 2:8

Once you have that gift of faith, the regeneration process begins. It doesn't happen before you believe or there would be no catalyst for change.

And we are also told that without the Holy Spirit, nobody is accepted into heaven. Yet, there are conditions for receiving the Holy Spirit. Jesus tells us about that here. John 14:21-23

No, God doesn't choose people to burn in hell. They choose that on their own when they are gifted with faith and, instead of following the example of Christ, choose to live their own way. These are those who will say "Lord, Lord" and be turned away as workers of iniquity who never met the conditions for Jesus to "know" (enter) them.
Matthew 7:23
2 Peter 2:21

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1 KJV
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Much love!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope, it didn't help those in Mat 7:21 sir. You might take note as well, you either get life or death, that was what God said, He does not torture people in hell. But if you are correct and He does, I will be there right beside you as I will not worship a worthless god.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As usual, you're teaching things that aren't Biblical, though.

You are claiming that all one must do is make the conscious decision to believe

Try being honest, as this would be best.

Here is the reality.

God, through the Holy Spirit will "draw all men to me, if i be lifted up on the Cross, Jesus said".

See that, GEN2REV?
Take a good look.

God does this, always, constantly, in the world.
When people react to this conviction of the Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of Truth.........and they place their faith in Jesus, then God gives them REDEMPTION.

Redemption, is to be restored to "ONE WITH GOD" SPIRITUAL relationship, exactly as ADAM had it, before he sinned and lost it.
This is JESUS= the the 2nd Adam, who is the Grace of God, who is God manifested in the flesh.... becoming literally the SALVATION for "all who will believe".
This happens because their "Faith is counted as righteousness" and they are "justified by Faith, when they BELIEVE".

Or as Jesus told YOU.....>"all that Believe in ME, i give unto them ETERNAL LIFE, and they shall NEVER PERISH.""

And Jesus told YOU....."If you do not receive me as your Messiah, then you will DIE IN YOUR SINS".
And He's not kidding.
"You MUST be born again", and WATER BAPTISM does not cause it.
Water can't save a dog.
Only the BLOOD of Jesus can redeem you from your sin.
WATER, WORKS, and Commandments.... need not apply.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try being honest, as this would be best.

Here is the reality.

God, through the Holy Spirit will "draw all men to me, if i be lifted up on the Cross, Jesus said".

See that, GEN2REV?
Take a good look.

God does this, always, constantly, in the world.
When people react to this conviction of the Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of Truth.........and they place their faith in Jesus, then God gives them REDEMPTION.

Redemption, is to be restored to "ONE WITH GOD" SPIRITUAL relationship, exactly as ADAM had it, before he sinned and lost it.
This is JESUS= the the 2nd Adam, who is the Grace of God, who is God manifested in the flesh.... becoming literally the SALVATION for "all who will believe".
This happens because their "Faith is counted as righteousness" and they are "justified by Faith, when they BELIEVE".

Or as Jesus told YOU.....>"all that Believe in ME, i give unto them ETERNAL LIFE, and they shall NEVER PERISH.""

And Jesus told YOU....."If you do not receive me as your Messiah, then you will DIE IN YOUR SINS".
And He's not kidding.
"You MUST be born again", and WATER BAPTISM does not cause it.
Water can't save a dog.
Only the BLOOD of Jesus can redeem you from your sin.
WATER, WORKS, and Commandments.... need not apply.
God does not call all men. That is made crystal clear in the Bible.

There are Wheat and there are Tares. God does not call Tares.

Just because you find one verse that appears to support your position, doesn't mean you do not still have to check it with the rest of Scripture for accuracy. Often when the Bible says all men, it is referring only to Christians, or to those who will be saved/resurrected. You do know it's also referring to women, do you not?

Again, you have implied that it is up to a man to decide if he will be saved by choosing to believe in God. The Bible tells us in Ephesians 2:8 that is impossible.

Jesus does not say that No man can come to Him "until" he is called by God. He says "No man can come to Me, except (unless) the Father ... draw him: ..."
John 6:44

You are teaching what is not Biblical.

No man can choose to be saved of his own will/accord.

You are taking God's Will and Power away from Him in the process of Salvation.

The message you are preaching is a watered down message of churchianity intended to bring the masses into the churches for the express purpose of the church making money.

It is not a message from God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God does not call all men. That is made crystal clear in the Bible.
-
Jesus, who is God.......said.

"If I be lifted up, (on the Cross), i will draw ALL MEN to me".

(all men) = everyone.

Notice John 3:16.... "For God so loved the WORLD, that He Gave.......Jesus".

See that word= "world"? That does not mean the insects and the trees and the grass.
Do you understand...@GEN2REV ?????
"world", means..."all the PEOPLE".

So, if Jesus is lying when He said that He will draw "ALL"........ then you are right, and so is your denomination.
But if Christ isn't Lying, then you are, and you have a problem that is a lot bigger than you understand.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

(all men) = everyone.

Notice John 3:16.... "For God so loved the WORLD, that He Gave.......Jesus".

See that word= "world"? That does not mean the insects and the trees and the grass.
Do you understand...@GEN2REV ?????
"world", means..."all the PEOPLE".

So, if Jesus is lying when He said that He will draw "ALL"........ then you are right, and so is your denomination.
But if Christ isn't Lying, then you are, and you have a problem that is a lot bigger than you understand.
Lets not take this out of text . cause most folks i know are being drawn , but it aint the to the BIBLICAL CHRIST .
Lets not preach universalism . Just cause pope francis does dont make it true . Nor just cause our sold out protestant churchs do
dont make it true either . LETS NOT DENY THE GOSPEL that one must BELIEVE TO BE SAVED . cause thems JESUS WORDS
And those who dont will be damned , thems HIS words too .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a "universalist"?
Im not.
See, while its true that God OFFERS the Cross of Christ and the Gift of Righteousness to "all who will come"....(ALL)....it is also a fact that not ALL will believe.
GOOD my friend . I was worried you might be preaching universalism . THIS IS TRUE MY FRIEND . Its only those who recieve it
that will have the eternal life which is offered freely unto the world .
ONLY those who recieve Christ will be saved . Sad too , cause many could have been saved , IF ONLY , IF ONLY they had chosen Christ .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(all men) = everyone.
That verse John 12:32 is better translated 'all types/races/nations'. Not every single man that ever walks/walked the earth.

The Bible is way too biased against those who God disapproves of; sinners, fools, ungodly, children of the devil, etc.

Again, we must always take the Bible, as a whole, into consideration.

God does not call 'all' men. If He did, none of these verses would make any sense:

God doesn't show grace and mercy to all men.
Exodus 33:19
God did not call, predestinate, justify or glorify all men.
Romans 8:30

Next we have the perfect opportunity for Jesus to tell us that all men are called, but what does He say instead?
Jesus Himself says "Many are called, but few are chosen."
Matthew 22:14

If all of mankind, every man, were called by God, Jesus would have told us. He does not.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good transliteration.

But its best to allow John 3:16 to give the context regarding John 12:32.
Many well-respected Bible scholars have raised objections to the word 'world' in John 3:16.

God speaks very negatively of the world all throughout the Bible.

Don't be like the world.
Don't conform to the world.
Be separate from the world.
Come out from among the world.
Be in the world, but not of the world.
The world will hate you as it hated Me.
Love not the world or the things in the world.

Very interesting to compare John 3:16 with 1 John 2:15.

Kinda proves that one of the two verses is mistranslated.

If "God so loved the world", why then would His Word tell us that "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him"?

The discrepancy is easily corrected when you look at the rest of Scripture and see clearly that God does NOT love, NOR call, every single person in the world.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Many well-respected Bible scholars have raised objections to the word 'world' in John 3:16.

Those "scholars" you refer to would be hyper-calvinist who teach the hellish theology referred to as "predestined elect" Theology.
So, as they believe that Christ didnt die for everyone, but only for their family and friends and church members, you can understand why these devil driven heretics would hate the world "world" and the word "all" and the word "everyone", when Jesus is talking about who He has died for to redeem.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those "scholars" you refer to would be hyper-calvinist
No, not necessarily.

I'm not a Calvinist, and I don't believe in OSAS, but why wouldn't I believe in an elect that is predestined?

The Bible plainly teaches that - I just posted a verse that makes that very statement.