Prayer For A Breakthrough

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

al1998

May 25, 2021
Miami
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize for how long this prayer request is.

Please pray that God will step into a situation that I have continued to ask Him to remove from my life. Three years ago, my family lost their home. I was forced to move into a home with my mother's sister and her children. I was concerned about doing so because I have never gotten along with these individuals. When I was a child, they bullied me severely and caused a lot of harm to my self-esteem. However, we had nowhere else to go because we had pets. During the time that we lived there, there was so much fighting. At first, this fighting did not involve myself or my parents. I was not used to this because, for the most part, my parents and I had lived in peace. I became very distraught because my life seemed like it was in shambles. I lost my faith completely and I started seeking an escape out of that home. I became involved in a number of relationships that turned out to be very bad, I started drinking and I became involved in the sex work industry. After a year, I tried to turn my life back around, however, it seemed that each time I did this, something would happen within that house to cause me to want to drift back into the lifestyle that I was trying to leave. I became involved in a church but this did not end well. I started to isolate myself and I became very religious. I started fasting in an unhealthy way. I became anorexic. I read my Bible obsessively. I was desperately trying to find a way to protect myself because I was being so heavily attacked while living at the house and (in my eyes) this seemed to help. However, I started to realize that I was becoming less Christlike in my faith. So I began trying to seek Christ in a healthy way. But once again, this seemed impossible to do whole still living in that home. Eventually, I had to leave the home because the bullying intensified. My parents and I moved into a hotel and I left my pets behind, outside of the home in cages. Every single day for the past seven months, I have driven to the house to feed them. During that time, the bullying did not stop. When my mental health was doing badly, it was worse. But it stopped as I started to become healthier and as I asked other people to pray for me. However, I am beginning to notice then what I start to feel as if I am completely turned around and completely back to being my normal self, the individuals within the house start harassing me again. It is almost as if they can sense when my life is being turned around and they begin to do very subtle things to instill fear in me. I have gone through so much because of these individuals. When I am free of them, my life feels as if it is going well. It's as if I feel strong enough to accomplish whatever God intends for me to do. But being around them always causes me to feel as if I am drifting backward. They have done things to harass me that are so unnecessary and incredibly evil. I have taken all of it in silence. Please pray that God will do something. Please pray for a permanent end to this.

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize for how long this prayer request is.

Please pray that God will step into a situation that I have continued to ask Him to remove from my life. Three years ago, my family lost their home. I was forced to move into a home with my mother's sister and her children. I was concerned about doing so because I have never gotten along with these individuals. When I was a child, they bullied me severely and caused a lot of harm to my self-esteem. However, we had nowhere else to go because we had pets. During the time that we lived there, there was so much fighting. At first, this fighting did not involve myself or my parents. I was not used to this because, for the most part, my parents and I had lived in peace. I became very distraught because my life seemed like it was in shambles. I lost my faith completely and I started seeking an escape out of that home. I became involved in a number of relationships that turned out to be very bad, I started drinking and I became involved in the sex work industry. After a year, I tried to turn my life back around, however, it seemed that each time I did this, something would happen within that house to cause me to want to drift back into the lifestyle that I was trying to leave. I became involved in a church but this did not end well. I started to isolate myself and I became very religious. I started fasting in an unhealthy way. I became anorexic. I read my Bible obsessively. I was desperately trying to find a way to protect myself because I was being so heavily attacked while living at the house and (in my eyes) this seemed to help. However, I started to realize that I was becoming less Christlike in my faith. So I began trying to seek Christ in a healthy way. But once again, this seemed impossible to do whole still living in that home. Eventually, I had to leave the home because the bullying intensified. My parents and I moved into a hotel and I left my pets behind, outside of the home in cages. Every single day for the past seven months, I have driven to the house to feed them. During that time, the bullying did not stop. When my mental health was doing badly, it was worse. But it stopped as I started to become healthier and as I asked other people to pray for me. However, I am beginning to notice then what I start to feel as if I am completely turned around and completely back to being my normal self, the individuals within the house start harassing me again. It is almost as if they can sense when my life is being turned around and they begin to do very subtle things to instill fear in me. I have gone through so much because of these individuals. When I am free of them, my life feels as if it is going well. It's as if I feel strong enough to accomplish whatever God intends for me to do. But being around them always causes me to feel as if I am drifting backward. They have done things to harass me that are so unnecessary and incredibly evil. I have taken all of it in silence. Please pray that God will do something. Please pray for a permanent end to this.

Welcome to the site sister, I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. Yes, we will pray for God to open a new door for you and your family and slam shut the other one for good.
God bless and keep you sister.