Prayer for Amadeus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not knowing how to pray as I ought, so hoping the Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.
Thank you, my friend!

Give God the glory for He certainly knows how to do it all right, even if we cannot properly understand and express it!

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@all who have remembered me and mine today. What a mighty God we serve.

All went well today although my old body is tired from a very long event. All of the medications they gave me continue to hold me back. Hopefully better by tomorrow.

My daughter and her husband took the day off from work to be with me and to support my wife when they took me away for the scans and procedures. They said they had some difficulties with that moving nodule, but I was out like a light for most of it, so I have no personal recollection. My slight cough is for today a severe one.

Lots of pretty young nurses, but mostly I was thinking about and talking about my very good wife with them. She is worried and wants to know that we have years left here together. I would like to know that myself. God knows!

I already have an appointment with the thoracic surgeon to discuss the biopsy results on 1/20/22. At the moment I still do not know really any more than I did before today.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God did want you back now i just hope that you leave peacefully without experiencing too much pain
Thank my friend and brother! May God help you to understand what you need to understand as well as to endure and overcome any obstacles standing between you and God. My knowledge of the Philippines is limited, but God knows about your homeland as well as mine. Probably I have learned more in that respect from you in our conversations than you have from me.

I wish I could honestly say that no one has to suffer in the time allotted by God to each of here, but you already know that is not the way it is. I still have you in my prayers as well.

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Thank my friend and brother! May God help you to understand what you need to understand as well as to endure and overcome any obstacles in standing between and God. My knowledge of the Philippines is limited but God knows about your homeland as well as mine. Probably I have learned more in that respect from you in our conversations than you have from me.

I wish I could honestly say that no one has to suffer in time allotted to each of here, but you already know that is not the way it is. I still have you in my prayers as well.
it may sound rude or it sound like i want you to die soon but you know that i've experience the death of the almost the same situation your friends, families, love ones may still want you to live they pray without ceasing for you to escape cancer but if God already wants to take you away no one can say no or insist in the end he suffer a long time and died of starvation and of multiple complications we are not united in prayers some of us gave up some only want him to leave without suffering too much some are still praying for him to live much longer i don't how that worked with God but he did live longer and also suffered on the way before he die

so if possible God should let you live if not i just hope God let you die painlessly

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it may sound rude or it sound like i want you to die soon but you know that i've experience the death of the almost the same situation your friends, families, love ones may still want you to live they pray without ceasing for you to escape cancer but if God already wants to take you away no one can say no or insist in the end he suffer a long time and died of starvation and of multiple complications we are not united in prayers some of us gave up some only want him to leave without suffering too much some are still praying for him to live much longer i don't how that worked with God but he did live longer and also suffered on the way before he die

so if possible God should let you live if not i just hope God let you die painlessly
You are correct my friend that there is a time for each of us to die. Sometimes God has it in mind to keep us here a while longer and the healing done is for His glory and His purpose. But... when, on the other hand, it is His designated time for our end here, then may God grant that it be so. The important thing in that in this last observation is that we be enduring in and with Him right to the end of our course... to the end of our allotted time.

Give God the glory!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

1 Peter 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Praying for you & your wife. May He continue to work in your lives in pruning so you both can bear more fruit in the Lord.

Keep us updated, please.

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

1 Peter 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Praying for you & your wife. May He continue to work in your lives in pruning so you both can bear more fruit in the Lord.

Keep us updated, please.
Thank you for the verses and for your prayers! I will post update when I have more information.

I really cannot recommend a lung biopsy to anyone. My usually barely noticeable asthma has flared up a lot in the past few days. The cough is not so frequent as immediately after the procedure, but the pain in my lower chest, when I do cough, is still severe.

They warned me about most of these symptoms but nothing unexpected happening. We wait for the results still.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The surgeon described three possible results:

1) A treatable infection,
2) A cancer probably requiring surgery, or
3) A benign growth which would have to be watched carefully...
I saw the surgeon today for the biopsy results. The good news is that they were unable to determine that #2 applies. The bad news is that they cannot say for certain that #1 or #3 apply either. The biopsy result was indefinite leaving them still with no real diagnosis. They still don't know what it is.

This is my new schedule:

On March 4 they will do another CT scan of the nodule checking again for changes.

After that another kind of biopsy would be done in which, rather than going through my airways like the first time, they insert a needle from outside through the chest wall to obtain a new sample from the nodule.

I really am tired of not knowing. Perhaps God wants to increase my patience.

Please continue to keep me and my wife in prayer.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw the surgeon today for the biopsy results. The good news is that they were unable to determine that #2 applies. The bad news is that they cannot say for certain that #1 or #3 apply either. The biopsy result was indefinite leaving them still with no real diagnosis. They still don't know what it is.

This is my new schedule:

On March 4 they will do another CT scan of the nodule checking again for changes.

After that another kind of biopsy would be done in which, rather than going through my airways like the first time, they insert a needle from outside through the chest wall to obtain a new sample from the nodule.

I really am tired of not knowing. Perhaps God wants to increase my patience.

Please continue to keep me and my wife in prayer.
Will do.