For me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 years ago they confirmed a melanoma skin cancer on the back of my neck. In the next year there was one more. Now the same doctor has taken two biopsies, one my forehead and one on my neck of suspicious looking things. Hopefully they are benign little things.

Keep me in prayer!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 years ago they confirmed a melanoma skin cancer on the back of my neck. In the next year there was one more. Now the same doctor has taken two biopsies, one my forehead and one on my neck of suspicious looking things. Hopefully they are benign little things.

Keep me in prayer!

Keeping you in prayer also.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Keep me in prayer!
Something to keep in mind for your own sake amadeus.....a biopsy taken from a made cut has a great chance of the melanoma metastasising. Any biopsy taken should be a core sample.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something to keep in mind for your own sake amadeus.....a biopsy taken from a made cut has a great chance of the melanoma metastasising. Any biopsy taken should be a core sample.
I can only say it was done in the dermatologist's office. I know little of these things and really I am not concerned, but my wife is. I know she needs me as I have and do need her. We agreed already that we should go at the same time, but was God in on the agreement?

My father was diagnosed with a skin cancer, which quickly went to the internal organs. From diagnosis to death in 6 months. Thus my wife's concern... She loved that man likes she loves me.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only say it was done in the dermatologist's office. I know little of these things and really I am not concerned, but my wife is. I know she needs me as I have and do need her. We agreed already that we should go at the same time, but was God in on the agreement?

My father was diagnosed with a skin cancer, which quickly went to the internal organs. From diagnosis to death in 6 months. Thus my wife's concern... She loved that man likes she loves me.
Will be praying for good news John.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time is the biggest challenge, I myself had a stroke hear about 4 years ago and I remember sitting there in the hospital thinking about all the unfinished business. I’ll ask for more time if that’s ok, though there will always be a request for more.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time is the biggest challenge, I myself had a stroke hear about 4 years ago and I remember sitting there in the hospital thinking about all the unfinished business. I’ll ask for more time if that’s ok, though there will always be a request for more.
I only want as much time as He has for me. But... I appreciate the thought!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keep me in prayer!

You are kept in prayer bro A.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, you could always ask your doctor if the biopsy was a core sample. They'd have that in your chart. And it may comfort your wife to know that/if it was. I know nothing of biopsies however, if a core sample is best to prevent metastasizing I'm praying that is what was done.
I hold you and your dear wife in prayer. (gentle hugs to you both)

God's got this. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, you could always ask your doctor if the biopsy was a core sample. They'd have that in your chart. And it may comfort your wife to know that/if it was. I know nothing of biopsies however, if a core sample is best to prevent metastasizing I'm praying that is what was done.
I hold you and your dear wife in prayer. (gentle hugs to you both)

God's got this. :)
Thank you!

I believe that when they took the first biopsy after the first definite melanoma cancer some years ago they explained all these things. Yes, I could ask again, but the explanation would not stick for long. My wife knows and remembers these kinds of things for me. She does not go to the doctor with me these days as she has effectively no immune system of her own. Even me going out is dangerous for her as we discovered years ago that I can carry it to her even if it does not affect me at all. She is calling the doctor today for necessary explanations which I already forgot. Thank God for helping me remember His Word!

Reactions: Nancy