Prayer for Amadeus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the update amadeus. Let's hope for a miracle. God has those in store some times.

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
M
Thanks for the interest. Just a bit of misery now and then mostly I guess from sideeffects of chemotherapy. The shortness of breath has gotten worse since the lung surgery in November, but that was to be expected.

This morning something new. My beard which I allowed to grow last Spring after decades without is now leaving me. It and the already sparse hair on top of my head are starting to fall out. My wife plans to shave it later today. I had kind of expected it, but it still took me by surprise. There are certainly worse things in this world. Take care my friend!
I can’t say I’m sorry enough for what you are going through. In looking back at your OP in October of 2021 until now, I’m sorry for all the hours of uncertainty in waiting for the results to now. I will always remember you in my prayers Amadeus. You make me think of:
2 Corinthians 1:11 You also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

I don’t fully know what it means but in reading of your suffering ; your strength is admirable…not that you fight but how you Trust. I love all your generosity, steadiness, comfort, encouragement, and joys and struggles you have shared with us all on this board. It may seem like it is just a board but without it…I never would have had the pleasure of speaking with you. Now I know about a brother John who takes the time to come here to visit. The reason the above verse stands out to me is …I have no doubt…there has been the thanks of many given unto God on your behalf. ❤️❤️❤️

You are an inspiration.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
M

I can’t say I’m sorry enough for what you are going through. In looking back at your OP in October of 2021 until now, I’m sorry for all the hours of uncertainty in waiting for the results to now. I will always remember you in my prayers Amadeus. You make me think of:
2 Corinthians 1:11 You also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

I don’t fully know what it means but in reading of your suffering ; your strength is admirable…not that you fight but how you Trust. I love all your generosity, steadiness, comfort, encouragement, and joys and struggles you have shared with us all on this board. It may seem like it is just a board but without it…I never would have had the pleasure of speaking with you. Now I know about a brother John who takes the time to come here to visit. The reason the above verse stands out to me is …I have no doubt…there has been the thanks of many given unto God on your behalf. ❤️❤️❤️

You are an inspiration.
Thank you dear sister for the kind comforting words. Our family moved my wife and me into our daughter's home last Saturday as we both need more assistance these days than we are able to provide for one another. My daughter has enough room that I still have my own study, which is a necessity considering the volume of all my stuff. The sale of my world-wide stamp collection is pending. We shipped it to Denver at the prospective buyer's expense for an appraisal and hopefully a good offer. Only my Germanic collection remains to keep me interested and busy.

I also must thank all of those others who took the time to pray for my situation. Hearing from each of you on this forum has encouraged me greatly when in my human frailty I have allowed myself to even consider for the moment the negative. Our God is NOT negative! Praise His holy name!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you dear sister for the kind comforting words. Our family moved my wife and me into our daughter's home last Saturday as we both need more assistance these days than we are able to provide for one another. My daughter has enough room that I still have my own study, which is a necessity considering the volume of all my stuff. The sale of my world-wide stamp collection is pending. We shipped it to Denver at the prospective buyer's expense for an appraisal and hopefully a good offer. Only my Germanic collection remains to keep me interested and busy.

I also must thank all of those others who took the time to pray for my situation. Hearing from each of you on this forum has encouraged me greatly when in my human frailty I have allowed myself to even consider for the moment the negative. Our God is NOT negative! Praise His holy name!
Amadeus,

Sorry I have been silent friend. It doesn't mean you are not in my thoughts and prayers. All the best to you and your wife and family!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's so beautiful to see you praise God in this storm Amadeus. Truly.

The prayers of the saints rise like fragrant incense before Him-- your praise like perfume upon His feet.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thats right my friend . Let us praise and thank the LORD till our final breath . And THEN
we shall forever be praising him in our new Home . March on my friend . The LORD is with the lambs .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus, I want to share this with you because I felt it in my spirit to do so.
Years ago I suffered allergy attacks with each season change. I would get the worst sinus infection from allergies. I felt the symptoms coming on me one day and I prayed and said God would you please heal me of my allergies. He said quit calling them "yours" then I will.
And since then I have never ever called those allergies mine. And I have not had an allergy attack or.sinus infection since that day. This happened around 2004.
I believe God was teaching me how powerful something as small as saying "my" or "mine" really is. I was putting ownership on something I didn't want to own. They were never "mine" but I claimed them as mine.
I don't know how this applies in your situation but I hope it encourages you. Another thing He said to me....I would pray and ask God for something particular "everytime" I prayed. One day God said I heard you the first time...and I have answered your prayer. Now begin to declare it as done because the enemy wants to hinder you so you can't receive it through constant asking and never declaring (or receiving it as done).
That doesn't mean all my prayers get answered because sometimes the answer is no. And I always ask according to His will and purpose for me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago I suffered allergy attacks with each season change. I would get the worst sinus infection from allergies. I felt the symptoms coming on me one day and I prayed and said God would you please heal me of my allergies. He said quit calling them "yours" then I will.
And since then I have never ever called those allergies mine. And I have not had an allergy attack or.sinus infection since that day. This happened around 2004.
I believe God was teaching me how powerful something as small as saying "my" or "mine" really is. I was putting ownership on something I didn't want to own. They were never "mine" but I claimed them as mine.
I don't know how this applies in your situation but I hope it encourages you. Another thing He said to me....I would pray and ask God for something particular "everytime" I prayed. One day God said I heard you the first time...and I have answered your prayer. Now begin to declare it as done because the enemy wants to hinder you so you can't receive it through constant asking and never declaring (or receiving it as done).
That doesn't mean all my prayers get answered because sometimes the answer is no. And I always ask according to His will and purpose for me.
Thank you for sharing here sister! I may have more to say on this later.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen and Amen. Totally agree.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi amadeus,

Been awhile since we chatted. Knew you were having some issues and busy with multiple things, but have thought of you often.

God Bless you and your wife for having raised such a lovely daughter that can assist where assistance is needed. Despite you having to relinquish material things that have been a joy for you (stamps)...you are so blessed to be with family. And you have been a great blessing to others, with your diligence of study and sharing the Word of God. A friend indeed!

...You said, consider the negative...God is not negative. Remember you laid down your life a long time ago, for a new life. We are simply waiting for that manifestation. So even considering that, is not negative. It is rather looking ahead to imagining what we can not Yet see. You are a beautiful person in and out.

God bless you and yours abundantly,
Taken