Prayers—Hurricane Delta

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayers for those in the path of Hurricane Delta. Weather forecasters are predicting landfall as a major Category 3 hurricane on the Louisiana coast tomorrow afternoon.
Praying for protection and deliverance against any destructive forces against them! In Jesus Name!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him , how close do you think the hurricane will come to where you live?

About 10 feet...

Actually, looks like the center will come within about 20 miles of here, sister. Thankfully we're on the Eastern side. The Western side looks like it will be worse with this one. A lot of people boarding up. I don't think it will be that bad, personally, but a hurricane is never anything to totally underestimate. The Lord will protect us just fine, though. I enjoy them in a way when it's during the daytime, but when they come through at night it's a little creepy. You don't know what you're gonna see when you go out in the morning to look around. We had a storm come through earlier this year that wasn't even a hurricane, and it snapped metal street light poles in half.

But nothing we haven't seen before.

Thanks again for the prayers!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About 10 feet...

Actually, looks like the center will come within about 20 miles of here, sister. Thankfully we're on the Eastern side. The Western side looks like it will be worse with this one. A lot of people boarding up. I don't think it will be that bad, personally, but a hurricane is never anything to totally underestimate. The Lord will protect us just fine, though. I enjoy them in a way when it's during the daytime, but when they come through at night it's a little creepy. You don't know what you're gonna see when you go out in the morning to look around. We had a storm come through earlier this year that wasn't even a hurricane, and it snapped metal street light poles in half.

But nothing we haven't seen before.

Thanks again for the prayers!
Yikes, that’s close! My city got the eye of a major hurricane back in the day. You and your wife are in my prayers!!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Latest report is that the eye of Delta is close to making landfall on the western Louisiana coast. It has been downgraded to a Category 2, which can still be very destructive. Let’s keep praying!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Prayers for protection for those people living in those area.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayers for protection for those people living in those area.
Lord, we ask that you send your angels to protect the people in this storm. In Jesus’ name.
Joining in prayer here!
Praying for protection and deliverance against any destructive forces against them! In Jesus Name!
For those that read this, join me in prayer, now is the time! As we sit in comfort, let us intercede as One.

I think your prayers have already helped. Those people in Lake Charles with blue tarps for roofs will probably have water damage in their homes again, which is kinda said for them. But I doubt there will be much loss of life, so praise God for that.

A lot of wind and a lot of rain right now, but manageable. As long as it doesn't kill us, Cajans are pretty resilient. They're out there goofing off in it on the local TV, and making the best of things. By and large, Cajans are funny, light-hearted people.

Thanks again for the prayers.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in the middle of sending a message yesterday evening when everything went black.

Spent all night with the wind howling through the trees outside in a dark house.

The hurricane blew most of the shingles off my shed out back, so it was eventful.

Thanks again for the prayers, guys.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in the middle of sending a message yesterday evening when everything went black.

Spent all night with the wind howling through the trees outside in a dark house.

The hurricane blew most of the shingles off my shed out back, so it was eventful.

Thanks again for the prayers, guys.

Glad you and your wife are okay and in good spirit!