Prayers to overcome the flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friends,

I have been struggling lately with a certain sin of the flesh that I have been battling for years. Although I have had periods of control, it creeps up from time to time and it has been gaining force as of late. I always repent of this sin fervently before the Lord, but my conscience eats at me when I transgress; although I know God to be longsuffering with us, I desire to do right in His sight and not sully the sanctity of my prayers. I have proven stubborn in the ways in which I commit this fleshly lust, which I would imagine pleases not the Lord.

I pray and believe that, if the Lord be willing, I may be cleansed of this uncleanness. I would ask that you all think of me in your prayers, whenever it is that you may pray. I do not belong to any church community, do not have any Christian friends, and so you guys are it. I believe in the power of prayer and so I feel if I have even have one brother or sister in Christ praying for me, it would be a blessing. Any consideration from your hearts would be greatly appreciated...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @runningwings I will pray for you. I think it's important to be involved in a church if you can and it also helps to socialize and it also helps to be filled with the Holy Spirit which in turns delivers us from fleshy desires. If you cannot attend a church service in person then perhaps you can attend an online service. In person is best.

Reactions: Psalm51 and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello friends,

I have been struggling lately with a certain sin of the flesh that I have been battling for years. Although I have had periods of control, it creeps up from time to time and it has been gaining force as of late. I always repent of this sin fervently before the Lord, but my conscience eats at me when I transgress; although I know God to be longsuffering with us, I desire to do right in His sight and not sully the sanctity of my prayers. I have proven stubborn in the ways in which I commit this fleshly lust, which I would imagine pleases not the Lord.

I pray and believe that, if the Lord be willing, I may be cleansed of this uncleanness. I would ask that you all think of me in your prayers, whenever it is that you may pray. I do not belong to any church community, do not have any Christian friends, and so you guys are it. I believe in the power of prayer and so I feel if I have even have one brother or sister in Christ praying for me, it would be a blessing. Any consideration from your hearts would be greatly appreciated...
Praying for you now!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The daily cross works for me. Luke 9:23
Lord, I ask that You grant Runningwings the desire of his heart...to be free of this besetting sin. I ask in Jesus' name, amen.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello friends,

Hi @runningwings It's interesting that prayer and fellowship are some of the things in which the early believers in Acts 2.42 continued steadfastly.

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @runningwings I will pray for you. I think it's important to be involved in a church if you can and it also helps to socialize and it also helps to be filled with the Holy Spirit which in turns delivers us from fleshy desires. If you cannot attend a church service in person then perhaps you can attend an online service. In person is best.

Yes, I agree! It is a big void in my life right now. The reason I have not joined one, unfortunately, has been because I have become very mistrusting of many modern-day churches. I see many deceptive leaders and misled ministries and it has dissuaded me. I do pray for the body of Christ. I know I must eventually get out there, however, and so I simply need to take a leap of faith and join one after having done some research on whichever congregation I decide on.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree! It is a big void in my life right now. The reason I have not joined one, unfortunately, has been because I have become very mistrusting of many modern-day churches. I see many deceptive leaders and misled ministries and it has dissuaded me. I do pray for the body of Christ. I know I must eventually get out there, however, and so I simply need to take a leap of faith and join one after having done some research on whichever congregation I decide on.
Great. I recently attended my church and had forgot how much Holy Spirit I actually get from attending in person. It was really nice.

Reactions: Psalm51

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can definitely relate to having issues with the flesh. As I committed myself to prayer, fasting, reading Scripture, and memorizing key verses, those sins began to get under control.

As you feed the Spirit, it will get strong enough to overcome temptation. I will pray for you to have the Spirit of self-control. Your desire is good. I believe you will overcome!

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can definitely relate to having issues with the flesh. As I committed myself to prayer, fasting, reading Scripture, and memorizing key verses, those sins began to get under control.

As you feed the Spirit, it will get strong enough to overcome temptation. I will pray for you to have the Spirit of self-control. Your desire is good. I believe you will overcome!

Thank you, your post has inspired me. God bless you and everyone who responded to my post. I have faith and believe I will overcome.

Reactions: amadeus