Priest denies communion to lesbian at mother's funeral

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jul 6, 2011
[sup]Mjrhealth, [/sup]

[sup]
Jesus said He was building His church upon revelation.
The NT records what Jesus taught and did. [/sup]

[sup]And the NT records that same sex relations are a barrier to the Kingdom, it doesn’t teach refusing communion is a barrier, it teaches to refuse fellowship to those who wilfully sin. (Matthew 18, 1 Cor 5) [/sup]
[sup]It seems you are trying to seduce people into thinking the Bible doesn’t say what it says, but the opposite. [/sup]

aspen2,
There was no problem for me or the RC priest who advised against me taking communion, I am sure we both knew our churches acknowledged that same sex relations are sin and a potential barrier to the Kingdom.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
mjrhealth, you wrote in your post # 98 the following; "But then again Christ never created the apostolic line men did, Jesus said He was building His church upon revelation."

You haven't a clue about what Apostolic Succession consist of , it was introduced by Jesus to be implemented by men.It is no different than all of His Teachings to be also implemented by men.Apostolic succession is the line of bishops stretching back to the apostles. All over the world, all Catholic bishops are part of a lineage that goes back to the time of the apostles, something that is impossible in Protestant denominations (most of which do not even claim to have bishops).

The role of apostolic succession in preserving true doctrine is illustrated in the Bible. To make sure that the apostles’ teachings would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles, Paul told Timothy, "[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2). In this passage he refers to the first three generations of apostolic succession—his own generation, Timothy’s generation, and the generation Timothy will teach.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[sup]Mjrhealth, [/sup]

[sup]The NT records what Jesus taught and did. [/sup]

[sup]And the NT records that same sex relations are a barrier to the Kingdom, it doesn’t teach refusing communion is a barrier, it teaches to refuse fellowship to those who wilfully sin. (Matthew 18, 1 Cor 5) [/sup]
[sup]It seems you are trying to seduce people into thinking the Bible doesn’t say what it says, but the opposite. [/sup]

aspen2,
There was no problem for me or the RC priest who advised against me taking communion, I am sure we both knew our churches acknowledged that same sex relations are sin and a potential barrier to the Kingdom.

I am gad you recognized that receiving the Eucharist is an act of worship and if you do not believe it is the body and blood of Christ and you engage in the act of worship you are committing idolatry. The priest also recognized this by excluding you from taking the Eucharist. The question is, was the lesbian women who was excluded from the Eucharist, Catholic? If she is not should of been excluded for her own sake.

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
Well yes I am glad you recognise I acknowledge that Christ’s teaching about receiving the Eucharist should not be done in an unworthy manner. If you do you will be supporting the priest in his decision.
The priest also recognized this by excluding you from taking the Eucharist.
No he didn’t exclude me, he said he wouldn’t refuse me, but he advised against it. Stop dreaming and address what is written.
The question is, was the lesbian women
Thats a non-believers question. God created man and woman to be in union, there is no such thing as a lesbo or lesbian in God’s eyes.
The question is, does the woman whom God loves for who He created here for, want to love God. At present no. She may well want to, but only on her terms, and thus its a different god.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen2,
Well yes I am glad you recognise I acknowledge that Christ’s teaching about receiving the Eucharist should not be done in an unworthy manner. If you do you will be supporting the priest in his decision.
No he didn’t exclude me, he said he wouldn’t refuse me, but he advised against it. Stop dreaming and address what is written.
Thats a non-believers question. God created man and woman to be in union, there is no such thing as a lesbo or lesbian in God’s eyes.
The question is, does the woman whom God loves for who He created here for, want to love God. At present no. She may well want to, but only on her terms, and thus its a different god.

If you want to continue this conversation, go ahead and rephrase you post without all the snarky, rude comments. If not, have a nice a day and God bless you.