Prophecy and History

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you mean Daniel 7?
Yeah, chapter 7 sorry.

“behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.” (‭‭Daniel‬ ‭7‬:‭7‬)
“The ten horns are ten kings who shall arise from this kingdom.” (‭‭Daniel‬ ‭7‬:‭24‬ ‭)

I see the 10 kings arising during the 5th-6th century, the last one being the Islamic caliphate.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What's left of Bible Prophecy after one has treated Daniel and Revelation, as well as the Olivet Discourse? Is this all there is? So much of the Bible has Prophecy that was historically fulfilled. The Promises involved Israel becoming a Chosen Nation, and Messiah coming, followed by the birth and advance of the Church. But what of Future Prophecy? Are we left with just a lot of sensationalizing about the Apocalypse? Are we left with just Fear Mongering as our Prophetic Meessage to the world?

Many years agao I became interested in Bible Prophecy, just as many do today. I became fascinated with the focus on Future Prophecy, including much that we see in Dispensationalism--a focus on Israel's restoration, and the signs of the Last Generation. But then I converted to Postribulationism, due to a Bible Memorization program I began to engage in. 2 Thessalonians seemed to be explicitly teaching against what I had been trained, in Pretribulationism, to believe!

Eventually I began to study World History to see if there was any obvious relationship between it and the little bit of Bible Prophecy that I felt still was Future Prophecy. Amazingly, just a few passages in Daniel seemed to have anticipated it all. Daniel's focus was not on an escape from Antichrist, but rather, on resignation that Antichrist does come as an essential characteristic of world history.

But Daniel seemed to see it all in just a couple chapters, chapter 2 and chapter 7. It's like a "mustard seed" of truth created the entire Tree of History for me! Daniel's picture of a 4th Kingdom, which I saw as Rome, formed into 2 halves, the Eastern and Western Roman Empire, which evolved into the Europe we have today. This is portrayed as “2 legs” in Dan 2.

At the same time the Gospel was spreading throughout the world, as promised, the world formed the very pattern that Daniel predicted. There was the Slavs joining the Greek Orthodox communion in the East, and the Germans joining the Latin Catholic communion in the West. Both followed the pattern Daniel prescribed of a 2-legged 4th Kingdom on earth. Perhaps these are the “2 horns” of the “2nd Beast,” a kind of “false pope” in Rev 13?

If you will survey history on this evolution you may see, as I did, this gradual evolution towards what Daniel saw would eventually become a 10-nation Antichristian Empire, consisting of Eastern and Western European nations. It is pure speculation on my part right now, but it appears the historical trend towards dissolving empires into states is now operating in the old Soviet territory. And this is, I think, necessary, in order to prepare for the Antichrist Empire to come. 1st there must be 10 states, East and West, and then they must be sufficiently weakened for Antichrist to assume dictatorial control over them. Just a thought....
The promises involves Israel becoming a chosen nation ?

Does one think that the State that was created by Rothschild's and Hitler is Israel ? Is not this State Anti-Christ ? so how could it be Israel ?
Is not Christ Jesus the King of Israel ?

So Israel is Christ Jesus and his Kingdom of God in fact.

The Kingdom of God will come after this world is burnt up, that means that the deceptions and delusions will be exposed for what they truly are in fact. Why ? because such will reap what it sows in fact.

Anything that is not done in Christ Jesus is not worthy of God ! Mans works on the wrong path or toxic.

When one is truly born again then you are not of this world but are of the Kingdom of God ! Your Saved in Christ Jesus because you are his people, that he knows and you abide in him.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we don't go far wrong looking at Daniel 2 and 7. :Zzzzz:

But the west 'leg' of Rome ended in 476 AD and the east 'leg' in 1453 AD. Why are you even looking at east and west catholics for clues following the actual Roman empire? They are religions - not empires. The best example of an entity which has characteristics of 'religion' PLUS political empire would be the Islamic caliphate. Why don't you have a look there?
Well Christian, I took this from a series of pamphlets put out by Gordon Lindsay way back in the early 70s. It made sense to me. He did show the continuation of the "2 legs" of the "4th Kingdom" as they evolved from early pagan empires to religious empires. If you will notice in history, nations in East and West continued to refer to powerful states as "empires." Can you name how many states were identified with "empires?" You may even arrive at 10 or more of them!

british empire
holy roman empire
3rd reich
russian empire
byzantine empire
french empire
portuguese empire
spanish empire
viking empire
celtic empire

But if you want to count those states that called themselves empires--not just what others called them, then consider these also....

Austrian Empire
Bulgarian Empire
Danish Colonial Empire
Dutch Empire
Frankish Empire
German Empire
Ottoman Empire

If we were to take 5 from the West and 5 from the East, representing the Eastern and Western halves of the old Roman Empire, you might select Italy, France, Germany, Spain, and England in the West, and Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria, Turkey, and Russia in the East. Just examples....

The point is that the imperial tradition of the original halves of the Roman Empire was perpetuated in the succeeding states those empires broke up into. And the book of Daniel predicted this, that empires would be broken up into states and then reformed into the Antichristian Empire.

The early Church Fathers interpreted Paul to say, in 2 Thes 2, that the imperial Roman Govt. would be the "Restrainer" holding back this eventual fragmentation into smaller states before Antichrist rises to reform them into a new Empire.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They done it my friend . But remember it specfically speaks of ten KINGS . ten leaders that rule one hour with the beast .
Now lets look at something .
First we see this AI , image that can speak . We see a digital system
and AI will run it . the image that speaks etc .
We see this digital system has the potential to shut anyone it desires OUT , and they are unable to BUY or sell .
But here is what most dont see .
Hey mark . WHO is behind this digital five G system .
THE D TEN . TEN mark . TEN OF THEM . sumething aint right mark . THINGS be moving in much faster than folks
be realizing . But because its the TEN liberal DEMOCRACIES , folks are gonna and do think its all for our good .
I imean we got to compete with China right , we cant fall behind china right . THEY DUPING US mark .
THE D TEN knoweth what they doing . And it aint D NINE or D SEvEN .
ITS D TEN mark . and now a word . These kings have recieved now power as of yet
BUT THEY SHALL RULE ONE HOUR WITH THE BEAST .
a system with an image that speaketh and causes the world .................YEAH ITS ALL RIGHT IN FRONT of us mark .
THE BIBLE . It aint just some book wrote by men . THE BIBLE actually IS and was INSPIRED BY GOD .
Yes, I think a lot of us Christians are looking real seriously at the AI phenomenon. Can't say yet, but it really makes you think!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promises involves Israel becoming a chosen nation ?
Reggie, I was referring to God's promise to Abraham that He would make Abraham's biological descendants into a nation. Gen 12-17.
Does one think that the State that was created by Rothschild's and Hitler is Israel ? Is not this State Anti-Christ ? so how could it be Israel ?
Is not Christ Jesus the King of Israel ?
Yes, I know. Nobody is worse than someone called of God who accepts and then turns his back on the Almighty One. Sounds a lot like Satan, right? Bad Jews are really bad. Bad Christians are really bad. True that is.
So Israel is Christ Jesus and his Kingdom of God in fact.

The Kingdom of God will come after this world is burnt up, that means that the deceptions and delusions will be exposed for what they truly are in fact. Why ? because such will reap what it sows in fact.
So far so good. I just think that the "burning up" of the world will not be all-encompassing annihilation of the planet. If that happened, God would be a liar, since He said in the Psalms and in Ecclesiastes that the earth is "forever." God will fix the temporalness of the universe, and change the law of thermodynamics. He doesn't need technological innovation. He had it from the beginning.
Anything that is not done in Christ Jesus is not worthy of God ! Mans works on the wrong path or toxic.

When one is truly born again then you are not of this world but are of the Kingdom of God ! Your Saved in Christ Jesus because you are his people, that he knows and you abide in him.
Preach it!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of this kind of belief and interpretation that has come down through the last 2,000 years.

In reality, just as Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world and only manifest in the world as a relatively small local event, all things written are likewise only manifest in this same smaller way in the world, while the greater part is in the heaven and was before the world also. This is just the reading of the will--the will of God for humanity, made manifest that the man of sin is revealed.

Prophecy then, is not to be looked at as the these that shall come, but rather a small indication of what was before the foundation of the world and now revealed. These are signs. Thus, looking at the things of prophecy as the fulfillment is completely backwards and leaves many to seek first the kingdom of this world rather than the kingdom of God. Therefore, what is written? These are the things that are and shall indeed come to pass in their manifestation, but only as mere shadows. Shadows. Here the days and nights pass, but in heaven there is no shadow of turning...and it is the kingdom of God that is actual reality. Such is prophecy and history.

How shall we therefore live? As if all that we do is written in heaven--because it is.
Sorry, sounds interesting but it's over my head. Definitely truth in it that I can see though. I do find it interesting that what happens on earth is just a fraction of heaven, and that God tends to do things very humbly when what He does is actually earth shaking!

Reactions: ScottA

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel 38/39 and Revelation 20.

Well, see...all nations of the Earth will NEVER ban together to wage war against the Church (or some people believe Israel) UNLESS you understand this as God breathed it. The word translated "nations" is the Greek word ethos, meaning anyone non-Jewish, a foreigner. In other words, unsaved people or professed Christians. It is the same word translated as Gentiles. For example:

1Pe 4:3
(3) For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

Rev 11:2
(2) But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Those words translated "Gentiles" that are wicked and that tread down the Holy City is the same word you find in Revelation 20. People who insist on taking this word in Revelation to be the same as all the literal countries of the world attacking the Church, or worse Israel, are in great error. God separates us into two groups SPIRITUALLY. Spiritual Jews, who are saved, and Gentiles, who are not saved. Moreover, read carefully what it says:

Rev 20:8
(8) And shall go out to deceive the nations (Gentiles) which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Rev 7:3
(3) Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

They are called Gog and Magog gather together to battle the faithful Christians in the church, as they are the unfaithful Gentile church (professed Christians), those whom it is given to trample down the Holy City (Church). Not Russia, or any literal nations, but the deceived of the New Testament congregation all over the world. The unsaved of the world, but not the literal nations, the unfaithful people of the congregation that spread their apostasy universally in all Churches. They set up the man of sin in the Temple to be worshipped instead of Christ, and that is not the literal nations of the world. It is the deluded of the unfaithful church from the 4 quarters of the Earth. That is why there are many false prophets and christs coming over all over the church worldwide.

In these last days the greatest of all of Satan's weapons is DECEPTION in the church. Not guns and missiles pointing at national Isreal. The world has been deceived for ages. You need to understand that Satan wasn't bound that the whole world be not deceived, but that Christ could build His Church as He had Israel in the Old Testament. And as it was the Jewish Leaders wo were deceived then by Satan, so it will be in these last days with the false prophets and christs in the New Testament congregation on Earth.

The point being, people like you got Gog and Magog all wrong thinking she must be Russia and her arab allies prepared to wage physical war over the nation Israel when God was talking about His New Testament congregation after all men are sealed (Revelation 7:1-4). You are looking at the wrong place.
If you will look carefully at what I said, I said I *wasn't sure.* So berating me for speculating and being honest is not the right thing to do if you wish to have a positive conversation about it? Remember that Cain travelled East after his sin. And it is noted that in the East, paganism has been more entrenched than in the West, and more resistant to Christianization.

Don't get me wrong. There is evangelical ministry in the East, and many are coming to the Lord from Asia and elsewhere. But it is a stronghold of Satan, and the politics there have ended up in Atheistic Communism or the like. In the West we've had Christian States, even if they were very flawed. But in the East we've had largely antichristian politics.

That being said, I think the Antichrist will come from the West, from Europe, whereas the nations coming to Armageddon will come from the East, from Asia. It makes sense to me that Antichrist will come from Europe in the West because he will oppose Christianity, which has a rich tradition there.

I think that Gog and Magog in Eze 38-39 sounds a lot like a battle at the end of the present age. But the battle of Gog and Magog in Rev 20 sounds like it is at the end of the next age--the Millennial Age. So it's a bit confusing for me, unless this is just describing an Asian power in these last days that will be destroyed at Armageddon and reemerge a thousand years later? It's all a question mark in my mind--don't think I'm being dogmatic in the least!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, everything in the bible points to a Pre Trib Rapture, its not even debatable, God has only one truth, it always jibes.
And yet here we are debating it! ;) I'll say it again, if the Bible points to a Pretrib Rapture, then God failed to speak to most of Christian history. Nobody even remotely saw that there until the 1800s. Which do you think got it right?
The 2 Thess. 2 verses is the easiest to understand because we are told what Paul is speaking about in vs. 1 a GATHERING unto Christ, nowhere in the whole passage (I challenge you to find it) is there any place where FAITH being DEPARTED is spoken of.
Antichrist is the "Little Horn" in Dan 7 who in the last days boasts against God. It is in the time just before the Son of Man comes with the clouds to establish the Kingdom of God. This "Antichrist," as John calls him, or the "Lawless One," as Paul calls him, resists the coming of the Christian Kingdom. Hence he is an Anti Christ, or Anti Christian, or even Anti Kingdom. Like Antiochus 4 before him, he operates in a kingdom that is dedicated to God, and tries to overturn the Christian laws and mores. This has already been happening in the West. The Antichrist spirit is already here.

Antichrist is not the one who turns away from the faith--he attempts to turn nominal Christians away from their Christian heritage. That is already happening.
The first 7 English translations had departed, the Latin Vulgate, around for 1000 years before the KJV had Discessio (means to depart also)... Thus that "Falling Away" theory did not come from God, it came from bible translators who were in error (even if it destroys your anti pre Trib agenda).
So you are a Greek scholar? I think rather that you are a pretender, or at best, surmising what you *think* is legitimate Greek translation? My brother isn't a Greek scholar, but he has learned a lot about Greek translation of the Bible, and I don't recall he ever suggested what you're saying. What you say sounds more like a bias than scholarship.
No it is not, (lol) we can see the Wrath to come explained in many places. In 2 Thess. 2 Paul was rebuking the Thessalonians for thinking they were in the DOTL, then tells them that DAY (DOTL can not come until the Departure (of the Church who will be Gathered unto Jesus see vs. 1) and the Anti-Christ or Man of Sin has come forth. Jesus says we must endure until the end, he says many will do stuff in my name and I never knew them, we are saved by Faith, but true Faith hears the holy spirt, it does not hear men's agendas.
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. As I said, I think the "Departure" has to do with the apostasy that will take place under Antichrist in formerly Christian Europe. And I think Paul was condemning the view of a Christian cult that they were somehow bringing in the Kingdom of God--sort of like Jehovah's Witnesses. Paul was not condemning the Thessalonians, but rather, warning them not to believe in what that cult was claiming.

Paul's argument was that the Kingdom cannot be here until the Antichristian nature of this present age is fully dealt with. Christians suffer in the present age. And Jesus spoke against those who thought the Kingdom was about to come imminently.

So Paul declared that we can be sure the Kingdom is not coming through some Christian cult if Antichrist has not yet even appeared, because until he does the present world is going to be full of frustrations, and we must not think we can avoid suffering until Christ returns.
No, its you not being able to overcome certain scriptures so you go on an imagination journey.
That doesn't deserve a response. At least we agree that the visions of Revelation do not depict a series of chronological sequences. If we are exercising our "imagination," we're probably not learning anything?
Everywhere, read Dan. 12, read Rev. 20:4 it SPECIFICALLY STATES that only the Martyrs of the 70th week who refused the Mark of the Beast will live and reign on Earth with Jesus, did you know that? ONLY THEM, meaning the rest of the Church returns to Heaven during the Kingdom Age. The Kingdom Age is spoken of everywhere, you guys try to discount those Promises to Israel at your own peril.
Where do you find the word "only" in this verse?

Rev 20.4 Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

What should be clear is that the word "only" is *not* in there! The emphasis is on those beheaded for Jesus by the Beast because that is the general context of the last few visions. It is on the war between Christ and the Beast. The emphasis is on the fact those killed by the Beast will not be defeated--it doesn't mean that others will not participate in the general resurrection!

Rev 20.5 This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

This makes is quite clear--at least clear to me, that this 1st Resurrection is a general resurrection of *all those who will be priests of Christ.* And we already know that priesthood will not be confined only to the martyrs under Antichrist!

So John is here emphasizing the victory of those martyred by the Beast and separately identifies the "1st Resurrection" as the general resurrection of the Church of this age, who will join the martyrs in this great event. No word "only!"

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, chapter 7 sorry.

“behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.” (‭‭Daniel‬ ‭7‬:‭7‬)
“The ten horns are ten kings who shall arise from this kingdom.” (‭‭Daniel‬ ‭7‬:‭24‬ ‭)

I see the 10 kings arising during the 5th-6th century, the last one being the Islamic caliphate.
Edward Gibbon's monumental Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire identifies the following ten kingdoms:

Alemanni, Franks, Suevi, Vandals, Burgundians, Ostrogoths, Anglo-Saxons, Visigoths, Lombards, Heruli

Reactions: Brakelite

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How did that list morph into the Holy Roman Empire?

It does not. Jeremiah 50-51 deals with Babylon being devasted and desolated for a period of just over 2,000 (plus) years and in Revelation 16:17-21, being remembered once more to receive the wrath of God. Babylon was remembered once more in 1926 AD while France and Britian divided up the spoils of WWI . When they did this they form the nation that had dominion over the Land of Babylon over the last nearly 100 years, which was called Iraq. Jeremiah tells us in Chapter 50 that the first king of the north, the king of the Seleucid Empire would devastate and desolate the land of Babylon. This occurred somewhere around 120-80 BC, 20 plus years before the Roman Empire became a dominating world force.

If this is the case, then the Roman Empire was not the four segment that had dominion over the land of Babylon, and as such the four segment of the Statue Prophecy was in fact Iraq. Although people have created maps that show the Roman dominion over the Land of Babylon, the Roman Empire did not establish any dominion in the Land of Babylon.

If we continue reading through Jeremiah 50-51, we see that most of the prophecies contain in these two chapters was to happen during the period of time that Israel began to seek God, which began in the late 19th centaury. Jeremiah introduces a second King of the North that would invade the Land of Babylon in league with many other nations, namely around 20 nations, and they entered the Land of Babylon to heal the land of Babylon with the establishment of a fairer Greek style democracy. The present King of the North today still exercises some degree of dominion over the land of Babylon. In Daniel 2, we are told that during the existence of these kings having dominion over the Land of Babylon that a stone untouched by human hands would come down out of heaven and that it would become the largest mountain/religion in all of the earth. We are also told that during the time of these kings, that God would establish His Everlasting Kingdom which would never be destroyed or overcome.

All of what I have written about above is substantiated by history, both ancient and modern.

Jeremaih also tells us in chapter 51 that those countries that tried to heal the land of Babylon would be filled with locusts who would raise a shout over their respective lands and that the sky will cause the rain not to fall as in previous seasons. As we look at what has been happening over the last few years this prophecy has certainly happened. God is the one in control of the weather that causes the rain, Locusts that consume the goodness of the land and pestilence that comes among the people.

Sadly, we have turned away from God and are trying to fix the problems in our own strength that have risen up over the last twenty or so years.

The reformation fathers misused the scriptures to demonise the Roman Catholic Church by claiming that the Roman Empire was the fourth segment of the Statue Prophecy, and that the fifth segment would be the revived Roman Empire, in Daniel 2 and the fourth beast of Daniel 7.

Sadly, too many Christian prophecy "experts" still hold strongly to the Reformation's demonisation of the Roman Catholic Church and cannot see past their learning and read the Scriptures with an open mind to hear and see God's prophetic words for what they tell us.

Oh well such is life.

Shalom

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sadly, too many Christian prophecy "experts" still hold strongly to the Reformation's demonisation of the Roman Catholic Church and cannot see past their learning and read the Scriptures with an open mind to hear and see God's prophetic words for what they tell us.
Explain why the following should not be demonized:

1. All the names which in the Scripture are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” Robert Cardinal Bellarmine, De Conciliorum Auctoriatate (On the Authority of the Councils) Bk 2, chap. 17
  2. “The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God. He is the divine monarch and supreme emperor, and king of kings. Hence the pope is crowned with a triple crown, as King of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions.” Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, vol.6, art. “Papa II”
  3. “We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty.” Pope Leo XIII, in an encyclical letter dated June 20, 1894, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, p. 304.

• Wow
Reactions: Christian Gedge

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there's those people who say words and words and words.....and none of makes any sense.

Unfortunately, much of what is actually true is only fully understood after the fact...that is, after the enactment of revealing. What I was saying was to be a reminder of that fact...as it is written: "Make the heart of this people dull, And their ears heavy, And shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And return and be healed.”

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How did that list morph into the Holy Roman Empire?
Religiopolitics and militarism.

Here're two:

Alemanni

The chief family in Alamannia was that of the counts of Raetia Curiensis, who were sometimes called margraves, and one of whom, Burchard II, established the Duchy of Swabia, which was recognized by Henry the Fowler in 919 and became a stem duchy of the Holy Roman Empire.

Franks

From 756 to 857, the papacy shifted from the orbit of the Byzantine Empire to that of the kings of the Franks...
This shift was initiated by the Lombards conquering the Exarchate of Ravenna from the Byzantines, strengthened by the Frankish triumph over the Lombards, and ended by the fragmentation of the Frankish Kingdom into West Francia, Middle Francia, and East Francia.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Explain why the following should not be demonized:

1. All the names which in the Scripture are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” Robert Cardinal Bellarmine, De Conciliorum Auctoriatate (On the Authority of the Councils) Bk 2, chap. 17
  2. “The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God. He is the divine monarch and supreme emperor, and king of kings. Hence the pope is crowned with a triple crown, as King of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions.” Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, vol.6, art. “Papa II”
  3. “We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty.” Pope Leo XIII, in an encyclical letter dated June 20, 1894, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, p. 304.

I appreciate your information re the pope; however, I note that you have not disputed what I had posted based on the scriptures, that the roman Empire is not the fourth segment of the Daniel Statue Prophecy nor is the Revived Roman empire the fourth beast of Daniel 7:1-12.

The beasts of Daniel 7 are actually heavenly hosts and as the Pope is a human being, he cannot be the fourth beast as is suggested based on the reformation rhetoric.

I would suggest to you that there have been and will be many religious figures that also comply with your reasoning above of being false prophets or Anti-Christ figures within the wider church.

Shalom

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I appreciate your information re the pope; however, I note that you have not disputed what I had posted based on the scriptures, that the roman Empire is not the fourth segment of the Daniel Statue Prophecy nor is the Revived Roman empire the fourth beast of Daniel 7:1-12.

The beasts of Daniel 7 are actually heavenly hosts and as the Pope is a human being, he cannot be the fourth beast as is suggested based on the reformation rhetoric.

I would suggest to you that there have been and will be many religious figures that also comply with your reasoning above of being false prophets or Anti-Christ figures within the wider church.

Shalom
The Reformers got it right. They recognized the beast (Revelation 13:1-7), coming out from its belly, as they did.

There is no Reformation doctrine claiming that the pope is the fourth beast in Daniel 7. The Reformers proclaimed the apostate papacy (unHoly Roman Empire) to be the little horn. They got it right.

The prevailing historical and correct understanding is that the fourth beast was the imperial Roman empire.

Should the blasphemies re. the pope not be demonized?

Last edited:

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Reformers got it right. They recognized the beast (Revelation 13), coming out from its belly, as they did.

There is no Reformation doctrine claiming that the pope is the fourth beast in Daniel 7. The Reformers proclaimed the apostate papacy (unHoly Roman Empire) to be the little horn. They got it right.

The prevailing historical and correct understanding is that the fourth beast was the imperial Roman empire.

Should the blasphemies re. the pope not be demonized?
It's unbelievable. Both you and @Jay Ross don't seem to know the first thing about interpretation of prophecy. It must be interpreted according to jewish culture and understanding of the period and according to the full plan of human history.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's unbelievable. Both you and @Jay Ross don't seem to know the first thing about interpretation of prophecy. It must be interpreted according to jewish culture and understanding of the period and according to the full plan of human history.
Whom to believe?

1. You
2. The Reformers whom God called to confront and conquer the antichrist of the historical apostate papacy

Do you need a hint?