Question For JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since JW's are constantly telling us our Bible is wrong, is Kingdom Hall / the WatchTower ever wrong?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False Prophecies by WatchTower
"Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true prophets of God." (Watchtower 4/1/72)
"When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is
the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be
afraid of him." (Deut. 18:22).
1889 "The battle of the great day of God Almighty, which will end in A.D. 1914 with the
complete overthrow of earth's present rulership is already commenced." (Time is at
Hand, p.101)
1906 Russell (1st JW President) said: These truths I present as God's mouthpiece. I admit
to being the 'faithful and wise servant' foretold in Matthew 24. (Watchtower 7/15/06,
p.229, Watchtower 12/1/16.)
1913 "Some have a strong desire to worship God, others have a weak desire, and others
have no desire at all. The difference is due to the shape of the brain." (Watchtower
3/15/13, p.84).
1917 "In the year 1918, WHEN GOD DESTROYS THE CHURCHES WHOLESALE AND
THE CHURCH MEMBERS BY THE MILLIONS, it shall be that any escape shall come
to the works of Russell…" "World War I will close about October 1, 1917." (Finished
Mystery, p. 485, 268).
1918 "We may confidently expect that 1925 will make the return of Abraham, Isaac, and
Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, then the condition of human perfection."
(Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89).
1929 "The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of Jesus began in 1874."
(Prophecy, p.65).
1943 Franz (current President) said, "JEHOVAH IS THE EDITOR OF THE
WATCHTOWER (Moyle vs. WT). Franz said he was a Hebrew and Greek scholar,
but could not translate Gen. 2:4 before the judge. He also claimed he was offered a
Cecil Rhodes Scholarship. The Rhodes Scholarship Trust's president stated, "I have
checked our records and do not find Frederick Franz was elected to a Rhodes
Scholarship."
1943 "Man cannot by airplane or rockets or other means get above the air envelope which
is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes." (Truth Shall Make You Free,
p. 285).
1966 "1975 (in early autumn) will be the end of the 6th 1,000-year day of man's existence. It
would not be by mere chance or accident but would be according to the loving
purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ to run parallel with the seventh
millennium of man's existence." (Everlasting Life in Freedom, p.30).
1966 "Six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a
thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E." (Life Everlasting in
Freedom of the Sons of God, p. 29).
1968 "The battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975. It may involve only
a difference of weeks or months, but not years." (
https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.clov.../documents/False_Prophecies_by_WatchTower.pdf

Reactions: Jack

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since JW's are constantly telling us our Bible is wrong, is Kingdom Hall / the WatchTower ever wrong?
Are the JW's right about anything? Is your Bible (translation) wrong about anything?

For instance, they taught me most translations removed God's personal name from the Bible some 7,000 times. Doesn't that disturb you at all? If you wrote a book, would it disturb you if your name was removed from it by future generations?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are the JW's right about anything?
Well I don't know since Kingdom Hall twists the Hell out of nearly every verse in our Christian Bible.
Is your Bible (translation) wrong about anything?
I compare lots of translations. They say things differently many times but not contradicting. Even the JW's own NWT says Kingdom Hall is WRONG!
For instance, they taught me most translations removed God's personal name from the Bible some 7,000 times. Doesn't that disturb you at all? If you wrote a book, would it disturb you if your name was removed from it by future generations?
How sad, another Kingdom Hall victim!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sad, another Kingdom Hall victim!
Really? Afraid to do independent research? WHY IS GOD’S NAME MISSING FROM MANY BIBLES ?

Have you never read the intro of your own Bible? Mine says they decided to replace YHWH with LORD (capital). Thing is, lord is a title, like mister and not a personal name. "Father" is a relational name and not a personal name. Think about it.

Reactions: tigger 2

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Afraid to do independent research? WHY IS GOD’S NAME MISSING FROM MANY BIBLES ?

Have you never read the intro of your own Bible? Mine says they decided to replace YHWH with LORD (capital). Thing is, lord is a title, like mister and not a personal name. "Father" is a relational name and not a personal name. Think about it.
I have thought about it for many years. Kingdom Hall is a Hallway to Hell fire. I don't believe anything they say or anyone they have "taught".

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have thought about it for many years. Kingdom Hall is a Hallway to Hell fire. I don't believe anything they say or anyone they have "taught".
The definition of prejudicial. JW = bad. non-JW = good.

The important question is not who opened your eyes to the truth. The more important question is, is it true. Is it true that God's personal name was removed from the Bible in most translations?

Reactions: Nancy and tigger 2

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just examine the American Standard Version, for example. BibleGateway - Keyword Search: jehovah

From Preface to the ASV:
1. The change first recommended in the Appendix - that which substitutes "Jehovah" for "LORD" and "GOD" - is one which will be unwelcome to many, because of the frequency and familiarity of the terms displaced. But the American Revisers, after a careful consideration were brought to the unanimous conviction that a Jewish superstition, which regarded the Divine Name as too sacred to be uttered, ought no longer to dominate in the English or any other version of the Old Testament, as it fortunately does not in the numerous versions made by modern missionaries. This Memorial Name, explained in Ex. iii. 14, 15, and emphasized as such over and over in the original text of the Old Testament, designates God as the personal God, as the covenant God, the God of revelation, the Deliverer, the Friend of his people; -- not merely the abstractly "Eternal One" of many French translations, but the ever living Helper of those who are in trouble. This personal name, with its wealth of sacred associations, is now restored to the place in the sacred text to which it has an unquestionable claim.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The definition of prejudicial. JW = bad. non-JW = good.

The important question is not who opened your eyes to the truth. The more important question is, is it true. Is it true that God's personal name was removed from the Bible in most translations?
I can't speak to why people have done this. It didn't start with English translations, it started with the first Greek translation before Christ came.

But what I can say is that as I read my KJV Bible interposing Yahweh, YHWH, where I read LORD, I rememer this is a Person, and He is more personal, and learning to read that way has been very good for me.

Much love!

Edit to add . . . I've learned I was wrong about this, and that it actually started after the NT was written.

@Nancy @The Learner

Last edited:

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't speak to why people have done this. It didn't start with English translations, it started with the first Greek translation before Christ came.

But what I can say is that as I read my KJV Bible interposing Yahweh, YHWH, where I read LORD, I rememer this is a Person, and He is more personal, and learning to read that way has been very good for me.

Much love!
It started after Christians decided to eliminate most of their Jewish heritage. Probably around 135 A.D. when the Bar Kochba revolt persecuted and killed those in the Christian sect for not participating in the revolt.

The name was clearly in all the OT Hebrew manuscripts and in the still-remaining scraps of the Septuagint from Jesus' time on earth. After the 135 A.D. revolution and the parting of the ways of Christians and Jews, the Christians began using (and copying, of course) the Septuagint. Since they apparently removed the "Hebrew" name of God from the Septuagint, they would surely do the same in the NT Scriptures also.

Reactions: Wrangler and marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think any religion that binds its followers is wrong. Christ died to set us free, not to have to follow a set of rules made up by men as in the Watchtower org.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think any religion that binds its followers is wrong. Christ died to set us free, not to have to follow a set of rules made up by men as in the Watchtower org.
So, Rev. 21:8 is untrue? Notice that it includes all the liars.

You would keep all these in your congregation?

"The right to excommunicate is an immediate and necessary consequence of the fact that the Church is a society. Every society has the right to exclude and deprive of their rights and social advantages its unworthy or grievously culpable members, either temporarily or permanently. This right is necessary to every society in order that it may be well administered and survive. The fundamental proof, therefore, of the Church's right to excommunicate is based on her status as a spiritual society, whose members, governed by legitimate authority, seek one and the same end through suitable means. Members who, by their obstinate disobedience, reject the means of attaining this common end deserve to be removed from such a society. This rational argument is confirmed by texts of the New Testament, the example of the Apostles, and the practice of the Church from the first ages down to the present. Among the Jews, exclusion from the synagogue was a real excommunication (Ezra 10:8). This was the exclusion feared by the parents of the man born blind (John 9:21 sq.; cf. 12:42; 16:2); the same likewise that Christ foretold to His disciples (Luke 6:22). It is also the exclusion which in due time the Christian Church should exercise: "And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican" (Matthew 18:17). In the celebrated text: "Whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven" (Matthew 18:18; cf. 16:19), it is not only the remission of sins that is referred to, but likewise all spiritual jurisdiction, including judicial and penal sanctions. Such, moreover, was the jurisdiction conferred on St. Peter by the words: "Feed my lambs"; "feed my sheep" (John 21:15, 16, 17). St. Paul excommunicated regularly the incest Corinthians (1 Corinthians 5:5) and the incorrigible blasphemers whom he delivered over to Satan (1 Timothy 1:20). Faithful to the Apostolic teaching and example, the Church, from the very earliest ages, was wont to excommunicate heretics and contumacious persons; since the fourth century numerous conciliary canons pronounce excommunication against those who are guilty of certain offences. Of the facts there can be no doubt (Seitz, Die Heilsnotwendigkeit der Kirche, Freiburg, 1903)." From the Catholic Encyclopedia

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoneman777