Question For JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.
Translators seem to agree it is a title since they all capitalize it, but I guess it doesn’t matter much to me. What I find interesting is my original point. Translators capitalize Ex 3:14 but many do not capitalize John 8:58 even though they are likely trinitarians. In doing this they show the 2 verses are not linked. That is truthful. I respect that. Yet most trinitarians ignore this fact even when confronted with it. Typical of them.
The real significance of Jesus' statement is that He declared He presently exists before Abraham did exist, a statement which can only be made by an eternal being.

Much love!

Reactions: The Learner

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real significance of Jesus' statement is that He declared He presently exists before Abraham did exist, a statement which can only be made by an eternal being.

Much love!
That is a statement made by someone older than Abraham.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My translations capitalize the common expression in both places, forcing an artificial connection.

‘I am’ is not what God said even though most trinitarian translators go with that. Something is lost from the original Hebrew. It means Eternal.

God first expressed his unique nature to Moses, which differentiated him from other gods/idols in the region. Then, he told Moses his personal name in Ex 3:15.

I find trinitarians ignoring v15 to be a Case Study in Willful Ignorance.
Agreed.

If you want to see how many trinitarian translators don’t capitalize John 8:58 check this link.
John 8:58 - Bible Gateway

Reactions: tigger 2

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a statement made by someone older than Abraham.
Not just older. Eternal, meaning, living unbounded by our time continuum.

Before Abraham did exist (in the past), I do exist (in the present). Before Abraham was, I am.

Much love!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was, has been, born in the days of Isaiah, 700 years before Christ.

Yes, the article explains many trinitarian translations say God but others say hero.

Another point of deception in Christiandom is the denial of many REAL lowercase gods. Our lord relied on Ps 82:6 to defend his claim of being the son of god. Check it out.
You clearly evaded again. Our Bibles say you are WRONG!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you so desperately want to equate being a lord with being the all-powerful Creator of all. They are just not equal at all.

There are 2 lords of the Sith. Doesn't make them God.

Jesus and every other lord who was created was given authority by God. Doesn't make them God.
I believe the question that you evaded is, "How many "Lords of Heaven" are you visualizing?" Do you need to consult Kingdom Hall?

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Before Abraham did exist (in the past), I do exist (in the present). Before Abraham was, I am.

Much love!
Classic case of indoctrination.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Jesus the one who was by Gods side during creation= Gods master worker. He speaks at Proverbs 8 and tells all he was created. You have been told twisted untruths of what things mean--Only begotten son = created direct-first and last. Coll 1:15-Jesus is the firstborn of all creation-Fact-all creation occurred at the beginning. Firstborn= created direct-first and last.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1 "God said let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness"
Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
Jesus is indeed God the Creator.
Col 1 By Him all things were created!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1 "God said let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness"
Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
Jesus is indeed God the Creator.
Col 1 By Him all things were created!

Let us( YHWH(Jehovah) and his master worker( Jesus) is the us. Our likeness= the ability to love and reason.
You missed the facts of true God worship history by listening to blind guides.
Undeniable facts= From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelite religion, teach, serve and worship the Abrahamic God= a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)--taught to Jesus when he attended those places of worship and to every bible writer. 100% undeniable facts.
Only the trinity religions teach God is 3 in one. They have become a house divided they will not stand in their confusion.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us( YHWH
Amen! Father, Son and Holy Spirit! God the Creator.
(Jehovah) and his master worker( Jesus) is the us. Our likeness= the ability to love and reason.
Says Kingdom Hall?
You missed the facts of true God worship history by listening to blind guides.
Undeniable facts= From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelite religion, teach, serve and worship the Abrahamic God= a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)--taught to Jesus when he attended those places of worship and to every bible writer. 100% undeniable facts.
Kingdom Hall doctrine is not "undeniable facts". No Scripture? No surprise.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people who will choose to believe lies, that's their choice. Those that say human beings have living souls instead of teaching human beings are living souls are choosing to believe a lie.
No Scripture? Of course not. Even the NWT says you're wrong!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote the Scripture for all to see. It's not that difficult.
You mean after all the complaints about the NWT translation, you don't have a preferred translation? How sad for you.

KJ21
The Lord said unto my Lord, “Sit Thou at My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool.”
ASV
A Psalm of David. Jehovah saith unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, Until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
AMP
A Psalm of David. The Lord (Father) says to my Lord (the Messiah, His Son), “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet [subjugating them into complete submission].”
AMPC
The Lord (God) says to my Lord (the Messiah), Sit at My right hand, until I make Your adversaries Your footstool.
BRG
A Psalm of David. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
CSB
A psalm of David. This is the declaration of the Lord to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.”
CEB
What the Lord says to my master: “Sit right beside me until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet!”
CJB
A psalm of David: Adonai says to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
CEV
(A psalm by David.) The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right side, until I make your enemies into a footstool for you.”
DARBY
Psalm of David. Jehovah said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put thine enemies [as] footstool of thy feet.
DRA
I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; in the council of the just: and in the congregation.
ERV
A praise song of David. The Lord said to my lord, “Sit at my right side, while I put your enemies under your control.”
EHV
The decree of the Lord to my lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool under your feet.”
ESV
A Psalm of David. The Lord says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
ESVUK
A Psalm of David. The Lord says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
EXB
A psalm of David. ·The Lord said [L Utterance/Oracle of the Lord] to my Lord, “Sit at my right ·side [L hand] until I put your enemies under your ·control [L feet; Matt. 22:44; 26:64; Mark 12:36; 16:19; Luke 20:42–44; 22:59; Acts 2:34–35; Rom. 8:34; 1 Cor. 15:25; Eph. 1:20; Col. 3:1; Heb. 1:3, 13; 8:1; 10:12–13; 12:2].”

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued ...

GNV
1 David prophesieth of the power and everlasting kingdom given to Christ,  4 and of his Priesthood, which should put an end to the Priesthood of Levi. A Psalm of David. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
GW
A psalm by David. The Lord said to my Lord, “Take the honored position—the one next to me [God the Father] on the heavenly throne until I put your enemies under your control.”
GNT
The Lord said to my lord, “Sit here at my right side until I put your enemies under your feet.”
HCSB
A Davidic psalm. This is the declaration of the Lord to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
ICB
A song of David. The Lord said to my Master, “Sit by me at my right side until I put your enemies under your control.”
ISV
A Davidic psalm A declaration from the Lord to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.”
JUB
A Psalm of David. ¶ The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
KJV
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
AKJV
A Psalm of David. The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
LEB
Of David. A psalm. A declaration of Yahweh to my lord, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.”
TLB
Jehovah said to my Lord the Messiah, “Rule as my regent—I will subdue your enemies and make them bow low before you.”
MSG
The word of God to my Lord: “Sit alongside me here on my throne until I make your enemies a stool for your feet.” You were forged a strong scepter by God of Zion; now rule, though surrounded by enemies! Your people will freely join you, resplendent in holy armor on the great day of your conquest, Join you at the fresh break of day, join you with all the vigor of youth.
MEV
A Psalm of David. The Lord said to my lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
NOG
A psalm by David. Yahweh said to my Lord, “Sit in the highest position in heaven until I make your enemies your footstool.”
NABRE
A psalm of David. The Lord says to my lord: “Sit at my right hand, while I make your enemies your footstool.”
NASB
The Lord says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”
NASB1995
The Lord says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”
NCB
A psalm of David. The Lord says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I have made your enemies a footstool for you.”
NCV
A psalm of David. The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit by me at my right side until I put your enemies under your control.”
NET
A psalm of David. Here is the Lord’s proclamation to my lord: “Sit down at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.”
NIRV
A psalm of David. The Lord says to my lord, “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your control.”
NIV
The Lord says to my lord: “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”
NIVUK
Of David. A psalm. The Lord says to my lord: ‘Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.’
NKJV
A Psalm of David. The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
NLV
The Lord says to my Lord, “Sit at My right side, for those who hate You will be a place to rest Your feet.”
NLT
A psalm of David. The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”
NRSVA
Of David. A Psalm. The Lord says to my lord, ‘Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.’

Reactions: Keiw