Question: Why not believe in Christ's millennial reign on earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly the events are Jesus leaving heaven and eventually ending up on the Earth where he makes his home for eternity with his Father (many verses show that)
Your claim is false, this earth will be dissolved by the Lord's fire in Judgement at his return "Gone"

It will be a New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, a Completely New Creation

2 Thessalonians 1:7-8KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and WPM

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is false, this earth will be dissolved by the Lord's fire in Judgement
That is not what the bible tells us.

The false claim is all yours. You keep posting verses that you don't understand and do not show what you claim while leaving out ones like Rev 20-21 that show your claims are wrong.

Reactions: Keraz

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the Lord comes, he comes in the power and glory of the Father. Can anyone see God in his Glory and live?
Not the same thing.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

why?
I think God is interested in our faith in what we do not see..
The time will come (NHNE) when we will see his face,
Not an answer, but it's certainly true.

The unbelieving Jews are still waiting for their Messiah to be seen coming as Lord Almighty in the air.

They also will wail because of Him when He does.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not the same thing.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

The unbelieving Jews are still waiting for their Messiah to be seen coming as Lord Almighty in the air.

"They also will wail because of Him when He does."

That would obviously include Judas, as he was directly responsible for piercing Jesus.

Will Judas receive salvation?

Reactions: WPM

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the same thing.

There will be lots of wailing and mourning that day.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Reactions: robert derrick

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many Claim Ezekiel Chapters 40-46, Represents A Future Temple In A Millennium On Earth With Animal Sacrifice Present, Is This True?

As clearly shown, Ezekiel Chapter 43 showed the temple "Pattern" to the House of Israel in the Babylonian Captivity let "Them" measure, Ezekiel was instructed to write the ordinances and law in "Their" sight, that "They" keep them, not some future generation as many "Falsely" claim

The temple seen in Ezekiel Chapters 40-46 is nothing more than the 2nd Zerubbabel Temple built 536BC after the Babylonian Captivity, where animal sacrifice for "Sin" was was instructed by "God", prior to the shed blood of Jesus Christ on Calvary, don't be deceived

Ezekiel 43:10-11 & 19-21KJV
10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.
20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.
This is a good way to prove doctrine of Scripture.

The problem is that this temple is not what was built after the captivity nor by Herod.

And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

Plainly, the prophet is to pass on the Scriptures written here from God, even as the commandment and word of God is kept and done.

Measuring is also used for judgement in Scripture:

LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Plus of course, God promised to give the land Abraham walked on to Abraham and to his seed, not to David and his seed.

It will be the throne of David, but the land will be Abraham's.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 shows the dead in Christ reigning in heaven with Christ since the first resurrection. The living redeemed are spiritually reigning now on earth.
Reigning for a thousand years in heaven?

The Premil paradigm enjoys zero corroboration in Scripture.
Except for the promise God made to Abraham, to give him personally the land he walked on this earth.

That promise has not be fulfilled yet.

And the overcoming saints are promised to rule over the nations with Him with a rod of iron.

That hasn't been fulfilled yet either.

Spiritual reigning over our own lives on earth now, and reigning with resurrected bodies over the earth itself, are both true.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"They also will wail because of Him when He does."

That would obviously include Judas, as he was directly responsible for piercing Jesus.

Will Judas receive salvation?
Judas is already dead. He hanged himself rather than repent, as Peter did.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not worrying that Premil Dispensationalists are teaching a return to the Law of Moses, but only to symbolic observance of the same for purposes of remembrance--much like Communion. We celebrate Communion not as a way to get into Heaven, but rather, as a remembrance of what Christ did to give us assurance that we're going there.

I don't personally believe that Israel will return to observances of the Law. There are a number of passages that seem to suggest this, that mention the temple, priests, sacrifices, and festival observances. But my belief is that the Prophets used OT symbolism at that time because if they had spoken far beyond their own time and circumstance, Israel may have thought the Law was less important to follow. And it was critical at that time, while still under the Law, to faithfully observe the Law.

So I do believe that the Prophets spoke in symbolism, much as Amils believe. But I don't believe OT worship literally carries over into the NT era. Ezekiel's temple, for example, was said to be a vision to minister to people in Ezekiel's time who had just lost their temple. It was a vision of a time when the temple worship would be restored in the Messianic era, never to be destroyed or revoked again.

Of course, we know that the NT temple is Christ himself. The idea in Ezekiel is that Israel will indeed participate in this Hope, though it will come through Christ to restore a heavenly kind of temple worship. Ezekiel's temple was a vision, but the reality is Christ, as the author of Hebrews writes.
I agree with what you are saying, and have my doubts about the blood of bulls and goats once again being offered for sins.

However, the details of the temple can't be made symbolic only.

If that were the case, then the 4-square dimensions of heavenly Jerusalem would be a slam-dunk for symbology only, and not real.

Besides God said He was going to give Abraham personally the land he walked on earth. He hasn't done that yet.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've learned that Postrib is useful for much the same reason, that it illustrates the fact we have to face Antichrists who rule this world. We have to expect political defeat at times, because we read in Revelation that the Antichristian rebellion will be allowed to defeat the saints for a time. We can't expect to win a nation to Christ and hold it. Again, we should hold back on our positiveness and triumphalism. We should not be under the illusion that our State will always go in the right direction.

These have been very useful lessons in my own life. I've had some terrible experiences that led me to the point of wanting to give up. I had to know that having these negative experiences did not mean God was displeased with me or rejecting me.
Well said. The truth is that there is the spiritual millennium all saints in Christ enjoy daily, and even after a thousand years, walking with Jesus is just as good, fresh and alive as day one.

There will also be a thousand years of reigning over the earth with Him, which once again to the Jesus and the resurrected saints, will be but as one day.

We have to expect political defeat at times, because we read in Revelation that the Antichristian rebellion will be allowed to defeat the saints for a time.
I don't believe Scripture speaks of political power, unless it specifically says so.

Overcoming saints is not losing a political battle.

No matter who the governor is, saints are still overcomers in Christ, because our fight is not with men, but with the devil and sinning:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

It matters in this life who is ruling in government, but not to our souls, which is all that matters in the end.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like you think that this is an issue that should not divide the body of Christ. And yet why does it? And like you say vehemently. What does the fruit tell you?
It tells me some people take themselves too seriously.

The only doctrine that divides me from another Christian, is any doctrine justifying sinning by grace.

Those who teach a created christ aren't even in the body.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Judas is already dead. He hanged himself rather than repent, as Peter did.
Zechariah 12
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Judas pierced Jesus before he hanged himself. He is one of "they" in the foregoing verse.

Are not all "they" resurrected?

Do not all "they" receive salvation?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as a pre-trib rapture as you suggest, post your scripture proving such, there isnt any!
The resurrection is post tribulation of man's wrath upon the saints, and pre-tribulation of God's wrath upon the inhabitors of the earth.

The tribulation of man's wrath has been on earth since Christ's resurrection, and will end with the resurrection at the end of the last beast's rule.

God's tribulation and wrath of plagues will be very short, while the saints are with Him in the air, eating the marriage supper of the Lamb, and preparing to follow Him down to earth, to defeat the armies gathering against them.

Man's wrath and tribulation upon the saints is to purify us, and God's wrath upon the earth is to prep the ground for invasion.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 12
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Judas pierced Jesus before he hanged himself. He is one of "they" in the foregoing verse.

Do not all of "they" receive salvation?
They that are alive on earth, and not resurrected to meet Him in the air.

The wicked dead are in hell waiting for judgement at the great white thrown, and the dead in Christ are in the presence of the Lord, waiting for their resurrected bodies to be with Him in the air.

Judas Iscariot is as dead and in flames of hell as the rich man.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's my opinion that this post would reflect Robert Derrick looking in a mirror
True. Which is why I've been corrected several times on this site, and all for my own good.

There are some who don't even understand what being corrected by Scripture is, much less being corrected.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They that are alive on earth, and not resurrected to meet Him in the air.

The wicked dead are in hell waiting for judgement at the great white thrown, and the dead in Christ are in the presence of the Lord, waiting for their resurrected bodies to be with Him in the air.

Judas Iscariot is as dead and in flames of hell as the rich man.
They that are alive on earth are not "they" who pierced him.

They who pierced him will be resurrected to fulfill Zechariah's prophecy.

And they will receive salvation.

And that will include Judas.

Dispensationally speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.