Questions...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
1. Define God's "righteousness."
2. What is the theological distinction between "positional sanctification" and "progressive possession"?
3. Are we saved by grace or faith (cf. Eph_2:8-9)?
4. Why do Christians suffer?
5. Are we saved or being saved or will be saved?
6. Are we sinners because we sin, or do we sin because we are sinners?
7. How are the terms "justified," "saved" and "reconciled" related in this chapter?
8. Why does God hold me responsible for another man's sin who lived thousands of years ago (Rom_5:12-21)?
9. Why did everyone die between Adam and Moses if sin was not counted during this period (Rom_5:13-14)?
10. Are the terms "all" and "many" synonymous (Rom_5:18-19, Isa_53:6; Isa_53:11-12)?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2. What is the theological distinction between "positional sanctification" and "progressive possession"?
7. How are the terms "justified," "saved" and "reconciled" related in this chapter?
8. Why does God hold me responsible for another man's sin who lived thousands of years ago (Rom_5:12-21)?
9. Why did everyone die between Adam and Moses if sin was not counted during this period (Rom_5:13-14)?
10. Are the terms "all" and "many" synonymous (Rom_5:18-19, Isa_53:6; Isa_53:11-12)?

Lotsa questions Joe, but here goes:
Lives without sin
2. What is the theological distinction between "positional sanctification" and "progressive possession"? Unknown
3. Are we saved by grace or faith (cf. Eph_2:8-9)? both James 2:17 Mat 7:21; 1 Jn 5:3
4. Why do Christians suffer? By Adam sinning he chose to be his own god, God allowed him that privilege, as well as his offspring who inherited his sin. Jehovah is going to allow it to go to the point of extinction to show that we cannot be our own god, nor can the actual acting god right now satan. Mat 24:22
5. Are we saved or being saved or will be saved? Discussed prior, anointed who die faithful are saved, those of the other sheep Jn 10:16 will come to life at the end of the thousand yrs Rev 20:5
6. Are we sinners because we sin, or do we sin because we are sinners? both are applicable
7. How are the terms "justified," "saved" and "reconciled" related in this chapter? Those terms used by some are actually synonyms standing for the same thing, which best rendered as reconciled.
8. Why does God hold me responsible for another man's sin who lived thousands of years ago (Rom_5:12-21)? For the long range benefit Joe, soon the Kingdom will come, Jehovah is going to show you what He can do as God in 1k yrs vs the 6k satan and man has had to bring the earth to the point of extinction. At the end of that millennium, satan will be released and we have to choose which God we side with. Remembering how it was under satans dominion vs Jehovah's is essential in making the right choice. If He had chosen to destroy Adam and Eve, do you not think that it would have happened again the same way?
9. Why did everyone die between Adam and Moses if sin was not counted during this period (Rom_5:13-14)? It was told to Adam prior to his sin, and we inherited it Rom 5:12
10. Are the terms "all" and "many" synonymous (Rom_5:18-19, Isa_53:6; Isa_53:11-12)? They definitely are related, all who receive salvation receive it through the one pierced. But of course not all will receive salvation. No actual number is given, but we expect several billions, and it is God's intention for us to fill the earth, He does not change sir.

Reactions: Johann

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lotsa questions Joe, but here goes:
Lives without sin
2. What is the theological distinction between "positional sanctification" and "progressive possession"? Unknown
3. Are we saved by grace or faith (cf. Eph_2:8-9)? both James 2:17 Mat 7:21; 1 Jn 5:3
4. Why do Christians suffer? By Adam sinning he chose to be his own god, God allowed him that privilege, as well as his offspring who inherited his sin. Jehovah is going to allow it to go to the point of extinction to show that we cannot be our own god, nor can the actual acting god right now satan. Mat 24:22
5. Are we saved or being saved or will be saved? Discussed prior, anointed who die faithful are saved, those of the other sheep Jn 10:16 will come to life at the end of the thousand yrs Rev 20:5
6. Are we sinners because we sin, or do we sin because we are sinners? both are applicable
7. How are the terms "justified," "saved" and "reconciled" related in this chapter? Those terms used by some are actually synonyms standing for the same thing, which best rendered as reconciled.
8. Why does God hold me responsible for another man's sin who lived thousands of years ago (Rom_5:12-21)? For the long range benefit Joe, soon the Kingdom will come, Jehovah is going to show you what He can do as God in 1k yrs vs the 6k satan and man has had to bring the earth to the point of extinction. At the end of that millennium, satan will be released and we have to choose which God we side with. Remembering how it was under satans dominion vs Jehovah's is essential in making the right choice. If He had chosen to destroy Adam and Eve, do you not think that it would have happened again the same way?
9. Why did everyone die between Adam and Moses if sin was not counted during this period (Rom_5:13-14)? It was told to Adam prior to his sin, and we inherited it Rom 5:12
10. Are the terms "all" and "many" synonymous (Rom_5:18-19, Isa_53:6; Isa_53:11-12)? They definitely are related, all who receive salvation receive it through the one pierced. But of course not all will receive salvation. No actual number is given, but we expect several billions, and it is God's intention for us to fill the earth, He does not change sir.

Stopped reading this post at the first response re "Define God's righteousness?", because I can live a life within the "Law," so that I do not sin, yet have no lasting relationship with God at all.

Know what I mean.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because I can live a life within the "Law," so that I do not sin, yet have no lasting relationship with God at all.

Know what I mean.

How can these things be asked Nicodemus? Jesus answered and said unto him, "Art thou a master [teacher], and knowest not these things?

So please enlighten us how you can live a life within the law without sinning, seeing that Scripture stipulates "there is none righteous, no, not one and that all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God?

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stopped reading this post at the first response re "Define God's righteousness?", because I can live a life within the "Law," so that I do not sin, yet have no lasting relationship with God at all.

Know what I mean.

No sir, I don't. If you can live within the law, you will have a relationship with God for as long as you are able. Only one human has ever done it though.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No sir, I don't. If you can live within the law, you will have a relationship with God for as long as you are able. Only one human has ever done it though.

That is what i thought. You do not know the answers that people are seeking.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what i thought. You do not know the answers that people are seeking.

That is quite true to a degree, some I will be able to answer, but of course some I will not be. The Bible don't cover everything people question, heck I have questions as well that will have to wait until the Kingdom comes, if even answered then, but I am sure most of them will.

If you shoot me a question I will do my best to answer it sir. As you can see I have been able to answer a passel of them over the time I have been here. Of course not all my answers will be agreed with, and they may be correct or incorrect, but I always give Scriptural evidence with my answers if applicable for sure. Please do not consider me bragging sir, I just try to fulfill the assignment to the best of my ability, I am still just an infant in the truth.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. Define God's "righteousness." The Torah.
2. What is the theological distinction between "positional sanctification" and "progressive possession"? Eurocentric mumbo jumbo.
3. Are we saved by grace or faith (cf. Eph_2:8-9)? BY grace, THROUGH faith.
4. Why do Christians suffer? They are people. People are subject to death and everything that goes with it.
5. Are we saved or being saved or will be saved? Being saved. Matthew 10:22
6. Are we sinners because we sin, or do we sin because we are sinners? We sin because we do not submit. Romans 8:7 Submission to the Torah eliminates sin. 1 John 3:4
7. How are the terms "justified," "saved" and "reconciled" related in this chapter? I don't what chapter. But, "justified" is absolved from past sin, "saved" is made whole, and "reconciled" is no longer a stranger.
8. Why does God hold me responsible for another man's sin who lived thousands of years ago (Rom_5:12-21)? He doesn't hold you responsible. You were merely made subject to death.
9. Why did everyone die between Adam and Moses if sin was not counted during this period (Rom_5:13-14)? Because by one person's sin, death entered the world.
10. Are the terms "all" and "many" synonymous (Rom_5:18-19, Isa_53:6; Isa_53:11-12)? There is "all without exception," "all as a vast majority," and "all as a great quantity." So, yes, "many" and "all" do have similarities. All is a tool to categorize. Like "all Israel" or "all men." Many might be from different groups. Many also carries a suggestion of increase over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are called to suffer as members of Christ in his grace

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not at all Jay.
J.

Then why ask what my cultural background might be? It is not important to God. What is important is that we love God and keep His commandments. Applicable whether we are a gentile or Jewish. Know what i mean?

It is above my pay grade for me to decide if I comply or not. All I can do is trust in the mercies of God.

Shalom