Rapture 2023? Don’t be Left Behind on the Late Great Planet Earth (or Worse)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benjamin731

Jan 1, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for this article. There are many signs and indicators that the Rapture may happen in 2023, including the convergence of biblical prophecies and current global events. Great job emphasizing the importance of being prepared for the Rapture and encouraging readers to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. My key takeaway from this blog post is the urgency of being ready for the Rapture, and the significance of faith in Jesus Christ as the means of escaping the Tribulation.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for this article. There are many signs and indicators that the Rapture may happen in 2023, including the convergence of biblical prophecies and current global events. Great job emphasizing the importance of being prepared for the Rapture and encouraging readers to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. My key takeaway from this blog post is the urgency of being ready for the Rapture, and the significance of faith in Jesus Christ as the means of escaping the Tribulation.
Don't those who believe in a pre-trib rapture normally say that it can happen at any time and there aren't any signs that immediately precede it? But, you guys seem to believe that certain signs have to occur first before the rapture happens. That seems to contradict the normal pre-trib rapture claim that it can happen at any moment. So, what gives here? Are you contradicting your own doctrine or am I wrong in thinking that pre-tribs typically believe that the rapture can happen at any moment?

Reactions: David in NJ

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Late Great Planet Earth" phrase comes from the Pre-trib Rapture theory author Hal Lindsay's 1970 book of that name. It is FALSE PROPHECY.

There is NO SUCH THING AS A PRE-TRIB RAPTURE written anywhere in God's Word.

The Matthew 24:29-31, and Mark 13:24-27 Scripture, words by Lord Jesus, shows His coming to gather His saints will be AFTER... the tribulation!

Per both Old Testament and New Testament Scripture, the "day of the Lord" happens on the LAST DAY of this world, and will subdue Satan and the wicked, ending the time of "great tribulation", and starting Lord Jesus Christ's future 1,000 years reign with His faithful elect over ALL NATIONS AND PEOPLES.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't those who believe in a pre-trib rapture normally say that it can happen at any time and there aren't any signs that immediately precede it? But, you guys seem to believe that certain signs have to occur first before the rapture happens. That seems to contradict the normal pre-trib rapture claim that it can happen at any moment. So, what gives here? Are you contradicting your own doctrine or am I wrong in thinking that pre-tribs typically believe that the rapture can happen at any moment?
Fortunately the Word provides the correct answer. We are instructed to watch or He will come in an hour that we are not expecting.

Revelation 3
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fortunately the Word provides the correct answer. We are instructed to watch or He will come in an hour that we are not expecting.

Revelation 3
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
What do you think we are supposed to watch for?

You didn't really address my question, though. Isn't it normally the case that pre-tribs believe that the rapture can occur at any moment without any signs preceding it? The pre-tribs in this thread are coming across as though they believe there are signs that precede the rapture. So, I'm wondering if these pre-tribs are the exception or is it not actually the case that pre-tribs typically believe that there are no signs that precede the rapture?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are supposed to be watching for the beginning of these things in Luke 21. They are the 1st four seals and the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Luke 21
8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

When you see these things BEGIN TO COME TO PASS, look up, your redemption draws nigh.
Luke 21
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

You didn't really address my question, though. Isn't it normally the case that pre-tribs believe that the rapture can occur at any moment without any signs preceding it?
Most people believe no man know the day nor the hour as that's what the Word clearly says. After that we have Jesus ascending to heaven and then we have the Revelation of Jesus Christ which tells us this:

Rev 3

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. So, I'm wondering if these pre-tribs are the exception or is it not actually the case that pre-tribs typically believe that there are no signs that precede the rapture?
There are many signs that are now beginning to come clear that point to the second advent being in the year 2030. The Church will be raptured before the final week begins. The math says be ready.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many signs that are now beginning to come clear that point to the second advent being in the year 2030. The Church will be raptured before the final week begins. The math says be ready.
Garbage teaching. Not what is written in God's Word.

NO man knows the specific 'day' or 'hour' of Christ's future coming (Matthew 24).

ALL of the Signs of the 'end' Jesus gave in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 MUST happen as written at the 'end'.

The Sign that is to happen PRIOR to Christ's return is the coming of a pseudo-Christ to Jerusalem and the placing of the "abomination of desolation" IDOL inside a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem. Those events are given along with "great tribulation" timing in Matthew 24.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You didn't really address my question, though. Isn't it normally the case that pre-tribs believe that the rapture can occur at any moment without any signs preceding it? The pre-tribs in this thread are coming across as though they believe there are signs that precede the rapture. So, I'm wondering if these pre-tribs are the exception or is it not actually the case that pre-tribs typically believe that there are no signs that precede the rapture?
"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

The sign appears at the moment of the Second Coming. That sign is:

"And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

"in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

When you see the actual sign, it will be too late. You can still watch for it, no?

And since it is the 6th Seal being opened, it is before the 7th Seal, and before the first Trumpet even sounds.

Do we need to be concerned if 2 billion people die in a few short weeks or even years? Is that really a sign the Second Coming may happen? I know you think Zechariah 14 does not apply to the Second Coming, but if you saw in the news that Chinese foot soldiers were on the ground in Jordan and Syria, would you think it weird or just a friendly joint exercise of some foreign exchange maneuvers?

Is there a pre-emptive sign that Satan is forcing God's hand in the 4th Seal? If you think that we have to endure 42 months of sheol on earth as a sign, forget it, especially since you won't take Zechariah 14 as a sign it is about to happen before any Trumpets and woes. Satan cannot sit on God's throne on earth as God, until such a throne can even be established to sit on. Most on earth, today, have been told at one point or the other that God does not even exist, much less this Satan, being.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Garbage teaching. Not what is written in God's Word.

NO man knows the specific 'day' or 'hour' of Christ's future coming (Matthew 24).
No man knows the day nor the hour. This is exactly why we are to watch because we don't know the day nor the hour. However, those that don't watch will NOT know the hour that the Lord will come.

Rev 3
ALL of the Signs of the 'end' Jesus gave in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 MUST happen as written at the 'end'.
Luke 21

28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

Luke 21
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Luke 21
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The fig tree has two harvests. There will be those in the Church that will escape all these things that will come to pass. They are told when these things begin to come to pass look up.

Then there are those that see these things come to pass. This is the twelve tribes across earth as the tribulation is the time of Jacobs trouble.
The Sign that is to happen PRIOR to Christ's return is the coming of a pseudo-Christ to Jerusalem and the placing of the "abomination of desolation" IDOL inside a new Jewish temple in Jerusalem. Those events are given along with "great tribulation" timing in Matthew 24.

Luke 21
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are supposed to be watching for the beginning of these things in Luke 21. They are the 1st four seals and the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Luke 21
8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

When you see these things BEGIN TO COME TO PASS, look up, your redemption draws nigh.
Luke 21
Where did Jesus indicate that we should watch for these things before a rapture that occurs BEFORE the tribulation? Look at these two passages:

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Notice the obvious similarities in these passages. You are trying to say that Luke 21:28 has something to do with a pre-trib rapture and, yet, when we look at the passage from Matthew 24:29-31 that speaks of the same event, it clearly indicates that the redemption that we are waiting for will occur when we "see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory". And Jesus clearly indicated that this will occur "immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days".

Most people believe no man know the day nor the hour as that's what the Word clearly says. After that we have Jesus ascending to heaven and then we have the Revelation of Jesus Christ which tells us this:

Rev 3
You're still not really addressing my question. Maybe it doesn't apply to you, but I'm asking whether or not the typical pre-trib believes that there are no signs that precede the rapture. That has been my understanding from what I've seen from pre-tribs in the past.

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I disagree with this nonsense, so I don't know why you are telling me this. But, it's besides the point I'm making, anyway. My understanding is that pretribs normally don't believe there are any signs that precede the rapture because they believe it can be at any moment. But, apparently, there are some pretribs who do believe that certain things have to happen first before the rapture.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

The sign appears at the moment of the Second Coming. That sign is:

"And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

"in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

When you see the actual sign, it will be too late. You can still watch for it, no?

And since it is the 6th Seal being opened, it is before the 7th Seal, and before the first Trumpet even sounds.

Do we need to be concerned if 2 billion people die in a few short weeks or even years? Is that really a sign the Second Coming may happen? I know you think Zechariah 14 does not apply to the Second Coming, but if you saw in the news that Chinese foot soldiers were on the ground in Jordan and Syria, would you think it weird or just a friendly joint exercise of some foreign exchange maneuvers?

Is there a pre-emptive sign that Satan is forcing God's hand in the 4th Seal? If you think that we have to endure 42 months of sheol on earth as a sign, forget it, especially since you won't take Zechariah 14 as a sign it is about to happen before any Trumpets and woes. Satan cannot sit on God's throne on earth as God, until such a throne can even be established to sit on. Most on earth, today, have been told at one point or the other that God does not even exist, much less this Satan, being.
Do you have any understanding of what I'm asking about? Have you actually read what I've said? What you quoted is in relation to what happens AFTER the tribulation, not before (Matt 24:29-31). My question is in relation to signs occurring before a supposed pre-trib rapture, not signs related to His coming AFTER the tribulation.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any understanding of what I'm asking about? Have you actually read what I've said? What you quoted is in relation to what happens AFTER the tribulation, not before (Matt 24:29-31). My question is in relation to signs occurring before a supposed pre-trib rapture, not signs related to His coming AFTER the tribulation.
Don't know if I am the typical 'pre-tribber' or not, but have always said: "Great Grace Departure
Could happen 'at Any Moment' (Imminency)." = Zilch, Zip, Nada, NO 'signs' = NONE whatever!
According to Rightly Divided Scripture:

God's Great GRACE Departure!

Amen.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know if I am the typical 'pre-tribber' or not, but have always said: "Great Grace Departure
Could happen 'at Any Moment' (Imminency)." = Zilch, Zip, Nada, NO 'signs' = NONE whatever!
That's what I've always thought the typical pretribber believed, but I'm just wondering if that is not actually the case or not. I think it probably is. It seems that this forum has a lot of people who have atypical beliefs.

According to Rightly Divided Scripture:
Hmmm.... ;)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Imminent idea by the false Pre-trib Rapture school is based on Jesus' warnings for the Church to be prepared, because no man knows the day or hour of His coming (Matthew 24:36-42.)

Their false Imminent idea falsely suggests that Jesus could come even tomorrow! Why is their statements like that false?

Because Lord Jesus gave in that 'same' Matthew 24 chapter specific SIGNS of the 'end' that must happen prior to His future coming. The false Imminent idea fails to take any of those Signs into account, and just throws out into the air, "Jesus could come tomorrow! So be ready to get raptured!"

As a matter of fact, the false Pre-trib Rapture school wrongly teaches their deceived believers that Matthew 24 chapter isn't even written for Christ's Church! They instead LIE and say that chapter was written only about and for the JEWS. Therefore, the false Pre-trib Rapture school teaches their believers to disregard Jesus' SIGNS of the end He was giving specifically to His Church.

That is how 'deceiving' the false Pre-trib Rapture theory and those false prophets behind it are. They even use the idea of being the 1st one "taken" per Luke 17:30-37 to be about their false pre-trib rapture, when Jesus used that 1st one "taken" metaphor about being gathered to the fowls that feast on a dead carcase!

So how... could those men behind that false Pre-trib Rapture doctrine come to their ideas that twist so much of the simplicity of God's Word? Their Imminent idea totally dumps Jesus' 7 main SIGNS of the end in His Olivet discourse, which are the same Signs of the Revelation 6 Seals for the 'end' of this world. And the 1st one taken idea they teach completely opposite of what Jesus taught. And that's not all, they even confuse the fact that it was those outside Noah's ark that were "taken" in the flood, and misuse that for a rapture!

Who in the world could come up with such junk? Two charlatans in 1830's Great Britain took the pre-trib rapture idea and ran with it, Edward Irving and John Nelson Darby. Then those like Cyrus Scofield brought the pre-trib rapture idea to the Americas, and even put together a KJV study Bible based on the false pre-trib rapture idea, funded by the Lotus Club of New York (a men's club of New York lawyers and bankers, artists, journalists, etc.). Scofield's correspondence course was then handed off to the Moody Bible Institute, which has trained thousands of pre-trib rapture leaders in the false pre-trib rapture doctrine started by Zionist Judaizers crept into the Church.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 -But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.

Matthew 24 is Jesus talking of His second coming

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Imminent idea by the false Pre-trib Rapture school is based on Jesus' warnings for the Church to be prepared, because no man knows the day or hour of His coming (Matthew 24:36-42.)

Their false Imminent idea falsely suggests that Jesus could come even tomorrow! Why is their statements like that false?

Because Lord Jesus gave in that 'same' Matthew 24 chapter specific SIGNS of the 'end' that must happen prior to His future coming. The false Imminent idea fails to take any of those Signs into account, and just throws out into the air, "Jesus could come tomorrow! So be ready to get raptured!"

As a matter of fact, the false Pre-trib Rapture school wrongly teaches their deceived believers that Matthew 24 chapter isn't even written for Christ's Church! They instead LIE and say that chapter was written only about and for the JEWS. Therefore, the false Pre-trib Rapture school teaches their believers to disregard Jesus' SIGNS of the end He was giving specifically to His Church.

That is how 'deceiving' the false Pre-trib Rapture theory and those false prophets behind it are. They even use the idea of being the 1st one "taken" per Luke 17:30-37 to be about their false pre-trib rapture, when Jesus used that 1st one "taken" metaphor about being gathered to the fowls that feast on a dead carcase!

So how... could those men behind that false Pre-trib Rapture doctrine come to their ideas that twist so much of the simplicity of God's Word? Their Imminent idea totally dumps Jesus' 7 main SIGNS of the end in His Olivet discourse, which are the same Signs of the Revelation 6 Seals for the 'end' of this world. And the 1st one taken idea they teach completely opposite of what Jesus taught. And that's not all, they even confuse the fact that it was those outside Noah's ark that were "taken" in the flood, and misuse that for a rapture!

Who in the world could come up with such junk? Two charlatans in 1830's Great Britain took the pre-trib rapture idea and ran with it, Edward Irving and John Nelson Darby. Then those like Cyrus Scofield brought the pre-trib rapture idea to the Americas, and even put together a KJV study Bible based on the false pre-trib rapture idea, funded by the Lotus Club of New York (a men's club of New York lawyers and bankers, artists, journalists, etc.). Scofield's correspondence course was then handed off to the Moody Bible Institute, which has trained thousands of pre-trib rapture leaders in the false pre-trib rapture doctrine started by Zionist Judaizers crept into the Church.
I don't agree with you on much, but I do agree with this. I mean, the pre-trib rapture theory is so obviously false that even you can recognize that. ;)

Yes, the signs Jesus gave were related to the end of the age when Jesus returns, not to a supposed rapture occurring 7 years before the end of the age. They asked Him what will be the sign of your coming and the end of the age, not what will be the sign that the pre-trib rapture is about to occur 7 years before your coming at the end of the age.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it does not. That is why you are wrong.

There is no drawn out GT that should be years but shortened prior to the Second Coming. That would be a dead give away that the Second Coming could happen. That would totally remove the thief in the night moment.

Jesus as King is on the earth at the 6th Seal, prior to the 7th Seal. The 7th Seal is prior to the first Trumpet.

You claim Revelation is not chronological to fit Matthew 24. I say Matthew 24 is in the reverse order to allow the chronological order of Revelation to remain as written. One book is not in the order as written, and that book is not Revelation.

In verse 14 of Matthew 24, Matthew declares an end.

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

That covers everything up until the 7th Trumpet stops sounding.

Then Jesus works back from the end until the first sign. John states that 42 months leads up to Armageddon. The AoD is set up towards the beginning of that period in Revelation 13. So the AoD in Matthew is the last 42 months prior to the end.

The next event is the time of Jacob's trouble. John writes about this time in the first 6 Trumpets and the unwritten 7 Thunders. We see this in Revelation as written before the 42 months of the AoD.

The Second Coming is not after Jacob's trouble, but after those days of tribulation the church has gone though as mentioned in verses 4 to 14. The tribulation of the church is over because the church is no longer on the earth. "Those days" can be referring to verses 4 to 14 just as easily as to verses 21 to 28.

Before the Second Coming is the parable of the fig tree. That is certainly not an event after the AoD, after Jacob's trouble, and after the Second Coming.

You can change up Revelation all you want to try to fit Matthew's version of this time period. All I have to do is point out that Matthew was addressed to the Hebrews who would understand the arrival of an end point, and then working one's way back to a starting point, which is the parable of the fig tree.

The point is clear that the generation of the fig tree lives through all the events. If the parable is the last event, then that generation would be after all those events. You don't experience time backwards. You cannot be that generation and then go back and experience past events that already happened. The fact that the Second Coming is a thief in the night moment means it cannot be the last event after the AoD and the GT, even if that is what people claim about Revelation 19. Jesus declared it is not when you think it is. Obviously Jesus already knew what all would be written. Jesus is the Word. Jesus also knew that people would think Revelation 19 is the Second Coming.

You are only a post trib, by how you interpret Matthew 24. Revelation does not refer to a tribulation at all. Revelation does not even state an AoD nor an antichrist prior to a Second Coming. John does not declare Revelation 19 as a Second Coming. That is a human interpretation. John does not declare the 6th Seal is the Second Coming either. Yet he uses almost the same words Jesus and Peter used as the accepted point of the Second Coming. Neither Jesus nor John calls the Second Coming a thief in the night, but Peter does.

BTW, I think Mark is Peter's account as written by the scribe Mark. When it was scribed is not given. Peter was able to go into greater detail later in life, even able to write without a scribe. I don't expect any to agree with me on that point. Mark is still accepted as the first Gospel to be circulated. Peter was the one told to feed the sheep. Sounds like sending out copies of Mark would describe that task. John did not include the Olivet Discourse. He would be a witness to the events and write his version first hand. His OD is the book of Revelation.

Luke was the historical account relating more to 70AD, than to the actual Second Coming. I understand what you are writing. Obviously you don't think you are wrong. I am pointing out where you are wrong, so obviously you will either call my post nonsense or my own opinion, or that I don't understand what you write. You would still be wrong on all points.