Rapture is not in the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, since this thread is supposed to be reasons that the hidden doctrine is a fabrication of the evil imagination of man, why don't we just look at passages in opposition to the rapture. I actually read one in the psalms this morning.
Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it. Psalms 37:34
In context, this is about the rise of the wicked to great power and authority, and his judgement (not their judgment.) It would be difficult to see if we aren't there to see it and are busy partying in heaven.
This passage doesn't stand alone, but every passage about the judgment speaks of the removal of the wicked and transgressors, and the land becoming the inheritance of the righteous. All things considered, I'd rather be counted with the righteous than with the wicked and transgressors, though I know that my transgressions have been many.
More passages to follow...

Reactions: Helen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why be left behind on rapture day??? since i'm arguing this in two threads now.

so, were the angels just lying to those standing there looking up, or what? Because if Jesus has not returned, and they were told that they would see Him...etc. You are being massaged, and your pov is being anticipated and used against you, so to speak
I don't believe in a rapture, just the gathering of the saints from all places in heaven and Earth at Christ's return for the wedding feast of the lamb and the inauguration of the millennial reign of our Lord.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was supposed to be a reply to bbybrd009, but wasn't linked by the site for some reason:

This actually was begun on my tax dollars about 35 years ago under former President Ronald Reagan (ray gun) in what was called his "star wars" defense program. While I was attending SUNY @ Stony Brook, back around '77 to '80, I knew a graduate Physics student (our TA) who was working on experimental development of heavy metal lasers for the DOD. He wasn't at liberty to talk about his research project, but such lasers would have lethal potential.
I have some ideas about high tech weapons, but was never willing to share those ideas or develop them, and turned down one lucrative job offer while still in the military (with a big DOD contractor). I've always been about protecting life, not taking it, and coming to agreement with the Lord about His impending judgment took a lifetime of observation and indeed the wickedness of man has become great upon the Earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, your grandchildren's tax dollars at work, i guess. Yours are all spent of course
I don't have any children that I'm aware of (and didn't transgress in that area more than 3 times) and consequently no grandchildren either.
Oops, make that 4 times, I didn't count the woman that I married.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't believe in a rapture, just the gathering of the saints from all places in heaven and Earth at Christ's return for the wedding feast of the lamb and the inauguration of the millennial reign of our Lord.
ok, well i suggest that all that flowery language translates into what might be perceived as completely mundane, especially if eating real food and being disease free and not needing money to do any of that, with a gathering of like-minded people, for the rest of your reign here on earth (Methuselah, 969 years), sounds mundane to you.

come to Flintopia and milk a goat! :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
see how "the gathering of the saints from all places in heaven and Earth at Christ's return for the wedding feast of the lamb and the inauguration of the millennial reign of our Lord" might drive you nuts in about a week, with all due respect lol. Are you used to grocery store "food?" Do you have a doctor? Do you have a mortgage, rely on municipal electricity, drive a car, yada yada, on and on? You have gotten very comfortable in (the world) your existence, have you not? I mean me too, don't get me wrong here

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and coming to agreement with the Lord about His impending judgment
impending for everyone, in every age ok

and i notice that one can either reflect judgement or love from Scripture, but hard to do both.
God's reaction to Adam and Eve after the Fall was "who told you that you were naked?" right-
-that is the judgement of God, right there.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, well i suggest that all that flowery language translates into what might be perceived as completely mundane, especially if eating real food and being disease free and not needing money to do any of that, with a gathering of like-minded people, for the rest of your reign here on earth (Methuselah, 969 years), sounds mundane to you.

come to Flintopia and milk a goat! :D
People will still experience death during the millennial reign of Christ, but will live much longer lives than now (I'm not speaking of the resurrected saints, but of the remnant of the nations (a promise of God.)
do you believe that the recent past was better than today? :)

turn off the news, maybe
Absolutely. People have always done wickedly, but now many do wickedly under the umbrella of "God's grace," using liberty as an excuse for sin, transgressing with an attitude of impunity. I'm only 60 years old, but in this nation alone, I've seen the acceptance of "abortion on demand" for the sake of a "human right" which never existed. I've seen the "free love" movement of the 60s and 70s expand into the right to participate wantonly in fornication and adultery. I've seen marriage, an act sanctified by God and meant to represent His relationship with his church, defiled to include abominable relationships forbidden by God. I've seen an end to the executions (in most states) of murderers in defiance of God's righteous requirements for the shedding of blood of those who have shed blood and the consequent defilement of the land. I've witnessed the leadership of the nation publicly defying God in speeches while having been under judgment. I've seen so called "spiritual leaders" embrace wealth and abandon the needy. I've seen the oppression of the poor, the laborer, and their subjugation to the wealthy. I've seen a people who honor God with their lips and declare their trust on their currency, yet abandon His ways. Some people believe in an "American exceptionalism," but if this is true what does it say about the rest of the world?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Some people believe in an "American exceptionalism,"
quickest way to 1984 i can think of lol
but if this is true what does it say about the rest of the world?
if...American exceptionalism is true? Ha pls that is just good policy for any state, to promote nationalism. The areas that are now exceptional might be considered the fruit of that misunderstanding. We're exceptional all right; our generation was just the most shielded from the consequences :(

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why be left behind on rapture day??? since i'm arguing this in two threads now.

so, were the angels just lying to those standing there looking up, or what? Because if Jesus has not returned, and they were told that they would see Him...etc. You are being massaged, and your pov is being anticipated and used against you, so to speak
That would depend upon who the angels were speaking to, and if they meant individuals or peoples.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tomorrow people, M. I just cannot stress ow completely uninterested i am about making guesses about what will happen tomorrow, with all due respect.
Good for you, I don't make guesses. I make analytical judgments based upon observation and in relationship to the Holy Scriptures.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That would depend upon who the angels were speaking to, and if they meant individuals or peoples.
a different argument is developed at the link, the dialectic/logical thing. Maybe the best light on it yet

"That would depend upon who the angels were speaking to, and if they meant individuals or peoples."

they were talking to people standing there, and you are reading an account of that transaction, supposedly, right? So if it is taken literally, waiiting for Christ to return--especially after Pentecost--cannot be made to make even logical sense.

Yet this is what millions say they believe.

and dissecting the passage a bit (see link) reveals some interesting details.

but understand, however you interpret this passage, that committing to a pov (such as "this passage assures me that i or some special snowflake in some tomorrow will literally see Jesus come down, the way some other guy is said to have seen Him go up") is going to back you into one corner or another, and

the angel either lied to those present, because Jesus has not returned yet, or Jesus has returned, and this passage is not being interpreted right.

i am in perfect agreement that you will see Jesus come down the same way you saw Him go up, ok. But see how ppl wanna have cake and eat it too, and so natch they wanna add some spin to that

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a different argument is developed at the link, the dialectic/logical thing. Maybe the best light on it yet
The only link that I need to find understanding is the person of the Holy Spirit and you wont find Him in an electronic database. Seriously, if you're inclined to click on links online, I hope that you are running some really good internet security software.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i am in perfect agreement that you will see Jesus come down the same way you saw Him go up, ok.
(either spiritually or not at all iow)
and also that they saw Him come down the same way they saw Him go up, because Pentecost-
-which is where i guess i differ with the waiters for Jesus