Rebirth - Salvation and Conversion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could point out to you the circumstances in which Jesus said; (John 5:31) but then yipes all the scrolling and bashing Nancy would be compelled to do....whew!

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

So simply; I am not on trial. I am not standing as my only witness. My Lord witnesses on my behalf and so also do men who know me.

You imply I take credit for what the Lord provides and accomplishes IN me, and fail to acknowledge it is all by and through Him, which is False.

Good Advice, thank you.

I'll continue speaking of the Greatness of the Lord.....and think about talking more about other people who falsely speak "for me" and "against me"....

God Bless,
Taken

As I said... the keeping of a commitment is a rudiment of the world where men can boast in.

Alcoholic Anonymous & Narcotics anonymous both have commitments. They reward those who keep that commitments as in saying that they did it.

In both of those organizations, they can choose a higher power like a tree, or whatever and not just the option to choose Jesus Christ. They can testify and give credit to their higher power of which some hearing will roll their eyes at, but when it comes to maintaining being sober, the credit & glory goes to the one keeping that commitment as they are rewarded for it.

So a believer testifying to keeping his commitment including the ones in AA & NA are basically this below..

Matthew 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man..........

Why....?

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:20 These are the things which defile a man:

That is why I advise you to cease speaking of your commitment and thus your intent and merit and willpower in keeping that commitment as if that is the power for how you are following Him if you want others to actually see your faith in Him as how you are following Him by the grace of God.

Because as it is... Masons, and AA and NA will say you did it. Christ did not help you do it. It is your commitment and you said you did it. That is why they will not see your faith in Him as how you were able to follow Him when your commitment keeps them from seeing your faith in Him alone.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bridegroom HAS come. The wedding feast began at the last supper and continues to this day. It is eternally celebrated in heaven..

The doors are open to all, enter into the wedding feast before the doors are shut....

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace!

Jesus' words in Luke 13:24-30 has that reception future yet still, but He is coming to receive the abiding bride of Christ to the Marriage Supper soon.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said... the keeping of a commitment is a rudiment of the world where men can boast in.

Alcoholic Anonymous & Narcotics anonymous both have commitments. They reward those who keep that commitments as in saying that they did it.

In both of those organizations, they can choose a higher power like a tree, or whatever and not just the option to choose Jesus Christ. They can testify and give credit to their higher power of which some hearing will roll their eyes at, but when it comes to maintaining being sober, the credit & glory goes to the one keeping that commitment as they are rewarded for it.

So a believer testifying to keeping his commitment including the ones in AA & NA are basically this below..

Matthew 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man..........

Why....?

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:20 These are the things which defile a man:

That is why I advise you to cease speaking of your commitment and thus your intent and merit and willpower in keeping that commitment as if that is the power for how you are following Him if you want others to actually see your faith in Him as how you are following Him by the grace of God.

Because as it is... Masons, and AA and NA will say you did it. Christ did not help you do it. It is your commitment and you said you did it. That is why they will not see your faith in Him as how you were able to follow Him when your commitment keeps them from seeing your faith in Him alone.

Your lecturing according to your own understanding is hypocritical!

John 5:31
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

JesusIsFaithful "information"
"I" believe..
"My" Saviour..
"I" am saved...

You implication is I am NOT acknowledging what applies to me is by and through and glorifying unto the Lord....which IS FALSE.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
They went to a priest who says they are to say the Holy Rosary so many times or/and do some other form of penance after their confessions. That is pretty much saying that they do not believe His word and the works they do ... do not meet repentance when it is denying Him and His promise that they are forgiven when they come to Him to confess their sins.
well, you lay out a possible scenario here, yes, but that does not mean that that is the MO for every Catholic. And there is no "confess your sins to God" or "Jesus" anyway, that i can find. And yes i know the v. God does not wait to forgive until one has confessed their sin; that is ppl that do that

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus' words in Luke 13:24-30 has that reception future yet still
so you say, but i guess it is likely that the "future" is what describes anyone who has not changed their mind
but He is coming to receive the abiding bride of Christ to the Marriage Supper soon.
could you just give us a date and get this over with? Bc you are like doing a "sort of" prophecy thing here, and "soon" just ends up being your way to avoid the truth wadr. Why do you teach what you do not understand?
no offense meant, sorry

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you consider the generation in Matt 24 starting when Israel became a nation?
the Q is not entirely clear, sorry, but i assume you are referring to 1948, right, when Israel became incorporated once again? A country? With Borders? No, but i did for the longest. I certainly understand the reasoning, but mine just became stretched too thin after coming to a different definition of Israel i guess. But it isn't your beliefs i would examine Heb; don't care about those. My chief complaint about that belief now would prolly be that anyone holding it is obviously seeking pillows or a soft landing, and likely not too interested in making the world a better place; imo they have rejected their birthright.

you strike me as a very kind person really, and imo none of that is salvational anyway, but i could suggest some thought experiments that might change your mind; if you are interested in a dose of sorrow, anyway? Bc the truth is not going to be Good News to you i guess. Sure wasn't to me. I will say the Term, Good News, is just too perfect a way to put it lol, but nevermind that for now i guess.

there are several things that ppl who believe that say that are hypocritical, and by that i don't mean that they should be condemned or shunned, more like ignored and smiled at behind a hand maybe, but rather than offend anyone here i'll just say that if you are fam with yourself as "3" and get that all 3 must agree for conviction, then it follows that there is a test for each of the three to see if they are all in agreement. Unfortunately i am still really bad at asking the Qs, but i still get the truth no matter what, as soon as they lie or, um, commit any of the other offenses listed.

but i wanna stress that i have no desire to judge anyone, imo beliefs are not salvational, and i don't ask the Qs now bc ppl feel judged of course at pointed Qs that make "unpleasant" truths more obvious. So i posted all this blather to basically say it does not serve me to answer your Q at all, sorry, so if i did give an answer pls ignore it, and understand i meant to indicate your action and not any belief you hold

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your lecturing according to your own understanding is hypocritical!

John 5:31
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

You implication is I am NOT acknowledging what applies to me is by and through and glorifying unto the Lord....which IS FALSE.

God Bless,
Taken

Do Catholics acknowledged & believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead and are saved as a result? Yes. Are they abiding in Him as His disciple in following Him by doing the works of Catholicism? No.

So there is a doublemindedness in a believer's testimony as well as in their walk with Him. I was one of the doublemindedness before the Lord set me free from my commitment to lead me to be a true witness by speaking of only my faith in Him because He has set me free from my commitment and all religious bondage wherein men can boast and .... brother... they do boast in the flesh by keeping that commitment they had made.

I acknowledge what you have shared about your faith in Him BUT your testimony of your commitment in how a man is converted hides that faith in Him.

When men praise you for your walk in the Lord as a converted man in keeping your commitment, they are not praising Him for His work in you for how you are following Him by your faith in Him, because they can't see your faith in Him doing it if you claim you are doing it by keeping that commitment.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, you lay out a possible scenario here, yes, but that does not mean that that is the MO for every Catholic.

A possible scenario? Why not wait for a Catholic to deny it as a stated practice?

And there is no "confess your sins to God" or "Jesus" anyway, that i can find. And yes i know the v. God does not wait to forgive until one has confessed their sin; that is ppl that do that

The Catholic I was replying to mentioned works of repentance in regards to confessions of sins to earn that forgiveness by those penance(s). That is the only reason I refer to 1 John 1:9 to show the futility and the vanity of seeking forgiveness from God through a priest.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but i guess it is likely that the "future" is what describes anyone who has not changed their mind
could you just give us a date and get this over with? Bc you are like doing a "sort of" prophecy thing here, and "soon" just ends up being your way to avoid the truth wadr. Why do you teach what you do not understand?
no offense meant, sorry

How does reciting what the Lord has said as written in scripture as a warning to believers to always be ready, is to be taken as a date setting thing for His return as the Bridegroom?

If He had said two days from now as a specific date of the return of the Bridegroom in scripture, how many saved believers would be tempted to indulge in sins until that time.. and yet when that time had come, they had reaped corruption wherein they will not repent nor be willing to leave their sinful pleasures behind? It is in this, we have the Father's mercy that the Son does not know when He will come as the Bridegroom for why you and I need to be ready always with His help to be found abiding in Him as His disciple ( Luke 12:40-49 ) as well as His help to be willing to leave this life & our loved ones behind. Luke 14:15-33

So do as Luke 21:33-36 and pray always that He will have you ready to go because the Bridegroom can come at any moment. Funny how death can too.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do Catholics acknowledged & believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead and are saved as a result? Yes. Are they abiding in Him as His disciple in following Him by doing the works of Catholicism? No.

I have no need to debate Catholic practices with you.

So there is a doublemindedness in a believer's testimony as well as in their walk with Him.

Being Converted IN Christ sets a man apart from other men.
A man following his Catholic or Protestant Church teachings ASIDE from Conversion, shall be works that Glorify Gods Name, or shall be burned. The religious affiliation is moot.

I was one of the doublemindedness before the Lord set me free

I was naturally born in Standing Against God and the Lord Converted me to Standing with and In God.

You call my declaration a declaration of pride and prasie unto myself and not the Lord.

You ERROR, or are a hypocrite for claiming wahat you WAS and now ARE, which is no different then what I have claimed.

from my commitment to lead me to be a true witness by speaking of only my faith in Him because He has set me free from my commitment and all religious bondage wherein men can boast and

Again you exalt YOURSELF over me, of "YOUR" commitment .... implying YOU acknowledge YOUR change is possible by and through the Lord....and YOU implying I have claimed my "change" from what WAS to WHAT IS, is me ignorning it is by and through the Lord.

THAT is a completely False implication and rendition on YOUR PART!

... brother... they do boast in the flesh by keeping that commitment they had made.

So DID you JUST BOAST OF YOUR COMMITMENT, while lecturing me of your claims FOR ME, that I boast, Because I declare what the Lord has accomplished IN ME?

I acknowledge what you have shared about your faith in Him

You acknowledge what I have shared, BUT, disagree with what? Something general? Yes. Something specific? You never really pin point, but simply make general statements.

BUT your testimony of your commitment in how a man is converted hides that faith in Him.

I have never said our Faith is HID in Christ.
Like a said you make general statements....and here you made a FALSE general statement.

You want to disagree with something I've said.......QUOTE MY WORDS and then address them, instead of making a false generalized statement with YOUR WORDS you attempt to ascribe to me.

When men praise you for your walk in the Lord as a converted man in keeping your commitment, they are not praising Him for His work in you for how you are following Him by your faith in Him, because they can't see your faith in Him doing it if you claim you are doing it by keeping that commitment.

Men acknowledging other men speaking on behalf of what the Lord has accomplished in them and it being noticed THEY are Hearing Testimony of their Faith being revealedGod Bless to another.

You call it boasting.....Scripture doesn't.

Boasting is claiming to have accomplished change by their OWN power.

Boasting is claiming to have become changed, converted BY WHO your ARE, rather than What the Lord has made a man Become.

I do not require your lectures. I fully acknowledge my Standing WITH and IN the Lord was Accomplished BY His Power and that His Power Maintains my Standing IN Him.

God Bless,
Taken

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You call it boasting.....Scripture doesn't.[

Boasting is claiming to have accomplished change by their OWN power.

That is what keeping YOUR commitment to Christ does.

Boasting is claiming to have become changed, converted BY WHO your ARE, rather than What the Lord has made a man Become.

Your commitment. You did it. That is how I had opposed myself in my doubleminded state before the Lord has set me free so people can see my hope and faith is all on Him for following Him as His disciple as I rest in Him as my Saviour that I am saved when I had believed in Him at the calling of the gospel.

I do not require your lectures. I fully acknowledge my Standing WITH and IN the Lord was Accomplished BY His Power and that His Power Maintains my Standing IN Him.

God Bless,
Taken

Again, I say that Masons, AA, and NA cannot see your faith in Him because even scripture testifies that your vow or your commitment is the work of your hands; not His, and that His word requires you to do it ALL for why He is not helping you keep your commitment wherein men can boast.

I know He is in your life and is helping you as He has helped me, but I stopped being a yo yo in breaking my commitment in doing the best I can when I realize He wants me to rely on Him all the time thus He has set me free from the vanity of trying to keep my commitment the best I can in following Him. That is how I get to know Him & the power of His resurrection when I look to Him all the time as my Good Shepherd in following Him. For others to see all my hopes, confidence and faith in Him in following Him, I cannot speak of my commitment to Him as if by keeping it is the power for following Him because that is like placing my faith in Him under a bushel. The religious world cannot see my faith nor yours until He has set you free from that commitment you made as a converted man to never speak of it again when all you need to speak about is your faith in Him for all things.

Even His disciples bearing fruit are to be pruned so they can bear more fruit. John 15:1-2 So you might want to consider asking Him to set you free from your commitment to never speak of it again when it is really your faith in Him is what you are talking about as standing apart from the rudiments of the religious world so that your faith in Him will shine among religious men and sinners so they can come to and rest in Him for all things.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
From what post did you quote my "no" from and if you read that post, you may get an answer to your question for why I had posted "No."
ah; if you click the hidden link in the quote banner just to the right of "Your Name said:" you can track back to the quote
if you read that post, you may get an answer to your question
if you read the post, you could be saying "no" to any number of things, sorry

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A possible scenario? Why not wait for a Catholic to deny it as a stated practice?
? why would i do that? You surely overeat at Love Feasts and believe/practice Communion as a ritual, and you want to be forgiven too, right? Wadr i am not interested in picking splinter's from another guy's servant's eye. I'll take a humble guy who prays to Mary any day, over someone who does not pray at all. Works meet for repentance is works meet for repentance; the window dressing is irrelevant.

You are most likely not ever going to get a cradle Catholic to abandon those things that you deem unscriptural, i guess bc they have gotten a different perspective, and fwiw i do not even consider them Christians, nor imo do they need to be to be accepted. If your rituals have meaning for you, why can't theirs have meaning for them? I got ritually baptized and participated in ritual communions too, and i wouldn't take them back, even if i don't practice them any more.

there is no judgement for beliefs, see. Works are all that are judged.
If you practice Love Your Neighbor, what do i care what rituals have meaning for you?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Catholic I was replying to mentioned works of repentance in regards to confessions of sins to earn that forgiveness by those penance(s).
this is why i prefer the (more accurate imo) term "rebound" rather than "repentance," but i wouldn't do this with a Catholic, violates all kinda Scripture, moving boundary stones, plus the ones referred to already, plus a couple others i guess. Yes, penance is a sin to a Christian. It is evil and pointless, even counter-productive, but i can tell real quick if a Catholic i am interacting with knows how to confess their sins in the same arena they committed them in or not, to the one they sinned against, one to another.

Doesn't change how i am to treat them anyway, right

And i even keep a little ledger lol, just to see, and fwiw they are no worse at confessing sins one to another as most Christians i guess.
So if they are able to confess correctly, what is it to me if they want to also go and confess to some other person who will subject them to penance? The heirs are under the servants until they inherit; let him get his fill of being treated like a slave imo.

Ppl like being subjects to earthly kings. Even Prots.
Are you an Anarchist? Prolly the term even has negative connotations to you, right?
These are implanted very early, Anarchy is equated with Chaos by virtually everyone.

So wadr when you quit Pledging the Allegiance and voting, and certainly paying income tax and pretending dollars are money, then we can talk some more on this, but i'd just as soon leave other men's servants out of the convo entirely wadr, i should prolly go erase that stuff up there too.