Rebirth - Salvation and Conversion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Actually question asking does not necessarily mean the one askings conviction.

Question asking is a inquisitive means for the one being asked to render "their" conviction, if they so choose.

God Bless,
Taken
ah well ty, but i guess one will reveal their conviction regardless
Answer a Q, don't answer it, even lie, it doesn't matter
maybe you are referring to an "opinion?" They do share some similarities i s'pose

or i'll say that you are using the term differently than i am, doesn't really matter whose def we go by imo, but one of them is revealed regardless of one's stated opinion or pov i guess, often even despite it, right.

we use the term 'conviction' to mean a few things, so what i mean to invoke is personal conviction; most often revealed by what we don't say, or don't address, or i guess various other ways, what we get offended at, etc

or i guess you are referring to personal conviction, and i mean impersonal conviction perhaps; the kind that cannot be stated with words, like maybe a personal "conviction" might be--imo that is just another way to say "opinion"

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe you are referring to an "opinion?" They do share some similarities i s'pose

or i'll say that you are using the term differently than i am, doesn't really matter whose def we go by imo, but one of them is revealed regardless of one's stated opinion or pov i guess, often even despite it, right.

we use the term 'conviction' to mean a few things, so what i mean to invoke is personal conviction; most often revealed by what we don't say, or don't address, or i guess various other ways, what we get offended at, etc

or i guess you are referring to personal conviction, and i mean impersonal conviction perhaps; the kind that cannot be stated with words, like maybe a personal "conviction" might be--imo that is just another way to say "opinion"

Glad I didn't have a couple of beers b-4 reading your post. Lol

I get your drift.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Iow it seems a physical return is anticipated, "soon and very soon, we are going to see the king" like that, instead of what was meant; "The kingdom does not come by observation."
so if one can't see Christ right now, that still does not mean that He is not here, as the appearances sans recognition in the Acts are telling us. Close your eyes and look, and there He is!

Well said! ...

Reactions: bbyrd009

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

bbyrd009:

What is an impersonal conviction - usually a lie (not genuine) from the old man? Is a personal conviction from the heart that is an effort to tell the truth or ask in truth?

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Is a personal conviction from the heart that is an effort to tell the truth or ask in truth?
i dislike that bc one must first assume they have some "truth," and imo this is a dangerous assumption all by itself, and how we get to "I am doing God's will." So this is the "conviction" of someone telling me that i need to be prepared for Rapture--pretty much the way i have used the term my whole life, too--and not the "conviction" that the Rapture Guy will demonstrate when confronted with the Scriptural evidence, iow; in this case "lack of conviction."

Iow we have a saying, "Who are you trying to convince, you or me?" that illustrates one who displays conviction all over the place, yet is not convicted, yet they are usually the only ones in the room who cannot be convinced of a better perspective.

a sister subject might be the pointlessness of telling anyone the actual truth anyway, virtually no one learns the truth by dictation anyway right, it must be experienced to be learned. A lie is often more useful for pointing to truth.

So then a desire to tell ppl the truth is often an attempt to elevate the self, at least also. "Knowing" is also involved, one would almost necessarily feel that they "know" something to be telling it to others, and like the guy trying to convince himself, above, the language that they use reveals their true conviction imo, regardless of what they believe is their conviction. weird and counterintuitive though it might seem.

He who says he knows anything does not yet know as he ought

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dislike that bc one must first assume they have some "truth," and imo this is a dangerous assumption all by itself, and how we get to "I am doing God's will." So this is the "conviction" of someone telling me that i need to be prepared for Rapture--pretty much the way i have used the term my whole life, too--and not the "conviction" that the Rapture Guy will demonstrate when confronted with the Scriptural evidence, iow; in this case "lack of conviction."

Iow we have a saying, "Who are you trying to convince, you or me?" that illustrates one who displays conviction all over the place, yet is not convicted, yet they are usually the only ones in the room who cannot be convinced of a better perspective.

a sister subject might be the pointlessness of telling anyone the actual truth anyway, virtually no one learns the truth by dictation anyway right, it must be experienced to be learned. A lie is often more useful for pointing to truth.

So then a desire to tell ppl the truth is often an attempt to elevate the self, at least also. "Knowing" is also involved, one would almost necessarily feel that they "know" something to be telling it to others, and like the guy trying to convince himself, above, the language that they use reveals their true conviction imo, regardless of what they believe is their conviction. weird and counterintuitive though it might seem.

He who says he knows anything does not yet know as he ought

bbyrd009:

(Joh 18:37) Pilate replied to him: Are you a king then? Jesus answered: You say that I am a king. To this end have I been born, and to this end I came into the world, that I should testify to the truth. Everyone that is of the truth hears my voice.
(Joh 18:38) Pilate said to him: What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them: I find no crime in him! (NEV)

The Roman leader said to Jesus, ‘what is truth?’ One truth is according to the world and the natural mind as Pilate knew it and the other is the truth given by God as Jesus and believers only know it. Jesus didn’t respond because Pilate would not understand spiritual truth that enters the heart and mind by God. Today is no different. If you are guided by the spirit you have the truth, although it may not come out of the mind and mouth as 100 percent pure. It can get tainted by the interference of the old ’dead’ man that want his say in the matter (ego, pride etc.). Unbelievers usually get the truth by accident because of hearing the words of believer’s or the scriptures. It is up to them to believe it, or to continue in the truth that world offers.

So. conviction is usually always associated with truth. The question is which one as I defined above is being said. And then who hears it, the believer or unbeliever?

Bless you

APAK