Rebirth - Salvation and Conversion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr no acts are committed that day, only professions.
Regardless of what tassel-toes may tell you, you cannot accept Christ with your mouth

No one said you accept with your mouth.
The Confession is made with your mouth.
The Acceptance is made with your heart!

The Lord does not search your mouth.
The Lord searches your Heart for your natural spirits Truth.

Jeremiah 17:10
1 Cor 2;11

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pertaining to the Conversion of a man, THE OLD MAN IS DEAD! THE OLD MANS SINS are FORGIVEN, COVERED, REMEMBERED NO MORE. THE OLD MAN IS WASHED, SANCTIFIED, PERFECTED, JUSTIFIED, KEPT IN CHRIST'S PERFECTION,
The NEW MAN, SINS NO MORE!
The NEW MAN LIVES IN CHIRST!

Maybe true...BUT WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT US AGAIN??????
WE ARE NOT DEAF!!!! WE CAN READ JUST FINE. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah yes, the Uncle Ben's Instant "Conversion..."
(get yoself a plastic Jesus)

A song well played in the bible belt, down south!
Well I don't care if it rain's or freeze's, as long as I got my Plastic Jesus, Sitten on the dashboard of my Car! Halaluah, brother! LOL!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Jesus DID WAS OFFER man a proposal, as I have already said. Jesus set the Standard, Jesus make the offer according to His Pleasure. Jesus provided a WAY for men to Accept His offer, as I have already said.

A man WHO chooses to heartfully accept His Offer ARE agreeing with His terms.

It is a mans Choice to Elect God, to Choose God, to make a commitment, oath, vow, or by whatever word you want to call it that signifies an agreement has been effected.

And what did the Lord do about THAT? Already covered that;
The Lord provides a man WILLING TO "HEAR' and LEARN" with a measure of FAITH.

Not the same.
Your natural old man flesh is controlled by your old man flesh.
A man "following" is lead by FAITH, which has nothing to do with a mans POWER, it is the Lords Power giving a man FAITH.

Be an unconverted man, and your measure of FAITH is small.
Continue following, and your FAITH increases.
Stop following, and your FAITH falls to the wayside.

Be a Converted man, and your measure of FAITH is INCREASED to FULNESS and KEPT in FULNESS "BY" the indwelling power of God.

A Converted man NO LONGER, by his own power controls his FAITH....the Lord does.

You are presenting implications that you never learned EXACTALY What it means to MAKE a Commitment to the Lord....and leaning on an implication a Commitment is not required or effective.

That apparently is what you believe. However I believe what the Lord teaches.
Pertaining to the Conversion of a man, THE OLD MAN IS DEAD!
THE OLD MANS SINS are FORGIVEN, COVERED, REMEMBERED NO MORE. THE OLD MAN IS WASHED, SANCTIFIED, PERFECTED, JUSTIFIED, KEPT IN CHRIST'S PERFECTION,
The NEW MAN, SINS NO MORE!
The NEW MAN LIVES IN CHIRST!

No kidding.

And, You appear to be preaching the Lord NEVER SUCCEEDS in laying aside a mans SIN. Since you claim A Converted NEW man continues to SIN.

You sound like a Wait and See kind of person.

I am a Believe and Trust kind of person that the Lord is faithful, and what He accomplishes IS accomplish-ED, whether or not I can SEE it with my natural eyes. The Lord has provided me a WAY to SEE the effects of His accomplish-MENTS IN ME.

God Bless,
Taken

As long as you speak of your commitment to Him, no one can see your faith in Him as the power to follow Him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe true...BUT WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT US AGAIN??????
WE ARE NOT DEAF!!!! WE CAN READ JUST FINE. :rolleyes:

What do you call Upper-case letters SHOUTING?

Something you learned from God? From your first-grade teacher? Or some Worldly man who decides controlling your use of the upper or lower case letters should be according to his philosophy?

And BTW the emphasis is not about inability to read or hear, It is about lack of understanding the old is no more!

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you speak of your commitment to Him, no one can see your faith in Him as the power to follow Him.

Because I state my Standing IN the Lord, you fail to see my faith In Him?

That makes no sense.

Whom do you see having faith in the Lord, the one who declares they reject Him?

God Bless,
taken

Reactions: Philip James

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you call Upper-case letters SHOUTING?

Something you learned from God? From your first-grade teacher? Or some Worldly man who decides controlling your use of the upper or lower case letters should be according to his philosophy?

And BTW the emphasis is not about inability to read or hear, It is about lack of understanding the old is no more!

God Bless,
Taken

Quote:-
Messages typed completely in capital letters are often equated on social media to shouting and other impolite or argumentative behaviors. This became a mainstream interpretation with the advent of networked computers, from the 1980s onward. However a similar interpretation was already evidenced by written sources that predated the computing era, in some cases by at least a century, and the textual display of shouting or emphasis online was not a settled matter as at 1984. The following sources may be relevant to the history of all-caps:[10]

• The 6 September 1958 edition of Bookseller: The Organ of the Book Trade describes writing in lower-case "rather than shouting with all caps. The effect is pleasing to anybody in a contemplative mood."
  • The 17 April 1856 Yorkville Enquirer (South Carolina) uses the expression "This time he shouted it out in capital letters".
  • The 1880 The Standard speaker and elocutionist book has a section titled "SHOUTING STYLE", which states that "This will be seldom needed throughout an entire piece, but wherever the words imply calling, or commanding, it will be in keeping with the words to employ it. As examples note the following selections marked in CAPITAL letters as the appropriate place for shouting emphasis." A large number of literature examples are given where all caps has been used for shouting.
  • A 2014 article on netiquette (online etiquette) in New Republic titled "How Capital Letters Became Internet Code for Yelling",[11] which states that
  • According to Professor Paul Luna (department of typography and graphic communication at the University of Reading), all caps have been used "to convey grandeur, pomposity, or aesthetic seriousness for thousands of years", and for many years to express anger or shouting in print. Examples are cited such as pianist Philippa Schuyler's biography titled "Composition in Black and White" in the 1940s which used all-caps to "yell", and Robert Moses in the 1970s who used all caps to "convey rage" at a draft of a book.
  • Online newsgroups and bulletin board posts from around 1984 show that a user still needed to explain that "if it's in caps i'm trying to YELL", etc etc etc

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Truth

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messages typed completely in capital letters are often equated on social media to shouting and other impolite or argumentative behaviors. This became a mainstream interpretation with the advent of networked computers, from the 1980s onward. However a similar interpretation was already evidenced by written sources that predated the computing era, in some cases by at least a century, and the textual display of shouting or emphasis online was not a settled matter as at 1984. The following sources may be relevant to the history of all-caps:[10]

• The 6 September 1958 edition of Bookseller: The Organ of the Book Trade describes writing in lower-case "rather than shouting with all caps. The effect is pleasing to anybody in a contemplative mood."
  • The 17 April 1856 Yorkville Enquirer (South Carolina) uses the expression "This time he shouted it out in capital letters".
  • The 1880 The Standard speaker and elocutionist book has a section titled "SHOUTING STYLE", which states that "This will be seldom needed throughout an entire piece, but wherever the words imply calling, or commanding, it will be in keeping with the words to employ it. As examples note the following selections marked in CAPITAL letters as the appropriate place for shouting emphasis." A large number of literature examples are given where all caps has been used for shouting.
  • A 2014 article on netiquette (online etiquette) in New Republic titled "How Capital Letters Became Internet Code for Yelling",[11] which states that
  • According to Professor Paul Luna (department of typography and graphic communication at the University of Reading), all caps have been used "to convey grandeur, pomposity, or aesthetic seriousness for thousands of years", and for many years to express anger or shouting in print. Examples are cited such as pianist Philippa Schuyler's biography titled "Composition in Black and White" in the 1940s which used all-caps to "yell", and Robert Moses in the 1970s who used all caps to "convey rage" at a draft of a book.
  • Online newsgroups and bulletin board posts from around 1984 show that a user still needed to explain that "if it's in caps i'm trying to YELL", etc etc etc

Thank you for sharing you learned from other men's philosophy that using all upper case letters is yelling.

I have no requirement to adopt other men's philosophies. And I would lean toward believing there are philosophies of men that you reject. And besides why do you carry on claiming I am yelling at you since it was fully explained to you my intent had nothing whatsoever to do with yelling?

God Bless,
Taken

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I state my Standing IN the Lord, you fail to see my faith In Him?

That makes no sense.

Whom do you see having faith in the Lord, the one who declares they reject Him?

God Bless,
taken

Okay. How about if a Catholic says that, what would you say? Would you not refer to the works of catholicism as to why he is not?

Then I refer to your testimony of your commitment for why you are not standing in the Lord.

A believer's commitment speaks of himself and it is to his own glory that he keeps it ( John 5:31 & John 7:18 ).

A believer's faith in Jesus Christ to help him stand in Him and to follow Him speaks of Him and it is to His glory by that testimony is how you stand.

You CANNOT do nor say both any more than a Catholic can do the works of catholicism and say that he stands in the Lord.

You have to decrease from talking about your self ( John 3:28-30 ) by not talking about YOUR commitment at all if you want your faith in Him to shine in how He makes you stand and to follow Him. That is the double mindedness that the Lord has to help you see to get out of so only your faith in Him to make you stand and to follow Him shines.

The commitments of men is after the rudiments of the world wherein men can boast in the flesh in so many ways.

Just living by faith in Him as our Good shepherd to help us lay aside every weight & sin is the hope that brings sinners to Christ for deliverance from their sins and not just for eternal life ( 1 John 3:3 & 1 John 3:8 & 2 Timothy 4:18 )

Consider this; if you are only going to praise Him in Heaven for all He has done for you, then you should know that it is your faith in Him that shines to that; not by your commitment which only credits and glorifies you because it is YOUR commitment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay. How about if a Catholic says that, what would you say? Would you not refer to the works of catholicism as to why he is not?

Then I refer to your testimony of your commitment for why you are not standing in the Lord.

A believer's commitment speaks of himself and it is to his own glory that he keeps it ( John 5:31 & John 7:18 ).

A believer's faith in Jesus Christ to help him stand in Him and to follow Him speaks of Him and it is to His glory by that testimony is how you stand.

You CANNOT do nor say both any more than a Catholic can do the works of catholicism and say that he stands in the Lord.

You have to decrease from talking about your self ( John 3:28-30 ) by not talking about YOUR commitment at all if you want your faith in Him to shine in how He makes you stand and to follow Him. That is the double mindedness that the Lord has to help you see to get out of so only your faith in Him to make you stand and to follow Him shines.

The commitments of men is after the rudiments of the world wherein men can boast in the flesh in so many ways.

Just living by faith in Him a sour Good shepherd to help us lay aside every weight & sin is the hope that brings sinners to Christ for deliverance from their sins and not just for eternal life ( 1 John 3:3 & 1 John 3:8 & 2 Timothy 4:18 )

Consider this; if you are only going to praise Him in Heaven for all He has done for you, then you should know that it is your faith in Him that shines to that; not by your commitment which only credits and glorifies you because it is YOUR commitment.

JC_goodpost.gif

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

THAT WAS GREAT, Not shouting, just wanted to make sure you heard me,LOL

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
. . :D
Foolishly I thought everyone knew this...but I guess not. :)
And others just don't want to. lol

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . :D
Foolishly I thought everyone knew this...but I guess not. :)
And others just don't want to. lol

Actually in the literary sense I did not have a clue! But when I want to stress a point, usually when I have had enough of a persons, cut's! I do respond with CAPS, I never considered it Yelling, But taking a firm stand!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I could point out to you the circumstances in which Jesus said; (John 5:31) but then yipes all the scrolling and bashing Nancy would be compelled to do....whew!

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

So simply; I am not on trial. I am not standing as my only witness. My Lord witnesses on my behalf and so also do men who know me.

You imply I take credit for what the Lord provides and accomplishes IN me, and fail to acknowledge it is all by and through Him, which is False.

You have to decrease from talking about your self ....

Good Advice, thank you.

I'll continue speaking of the Greatness of the Lord.....and think about talking more about other people who falsely speak "for me" and "against me"....

God Bless,
Taken

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thing youre not my Master or Judge!

Peace!

He has already given His judgments ahead of time as warning to those who claim to eat & drink in His Presence as CC claims in the Mass and even towards some Protestant churches tat have claimed in doing so when having communion as if they were coming into His Presence.

The CC does declare that it is by entering in the Church is how a believer can obtain the means of salvation, thus broadening the way besides Jesus Christ alone in how one comes to and believes in to be saved.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber....7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

The Catholic Church is not the door to obtain the means of salvation by; Jesus Christ is. The Catholic Church is not the Saviour; Jesus Christ is. The Catholic Church has come inbetween you & Jesus Christ to prevent you from resting in Him as your Saviour that you are saved for simply believing in Him. The Catholic Church has you laboring in unbelief and coming short of that rest in Jesus Christ for why the Catholic Church is a thief as well as an antichrist.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Jesus and the scripture points to Himself for you to come to and have life' not the self glorified Catholic Church.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

So leave the Catholic Church today and come to Jesus Christ and believe in Him that you are saved to have eternal life before the Bridegroom comes.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:
lots of Catholics manifesting works meet for repentance JiF
there is no judgement for beliefs
but there is for idle words i guess

You mean in spite of confessing their sin to Jesus Whom has forgiven them of their sins and cleansed them from all unrighteousness as 1 John 1:9 promises? No. They went to a priest who says they are to say the Holy Rosary so many times or/and do some other form of penance after their confessions. That is pretty much saying that they do not believe His word and the works they do ... do not meet repentance when it is denying Him and His promise that they are forgiven when they come to Him to confess their sins.

A confessional booth system has been more of a way to ask for forgiveness without really repenting of the sins they had committed when other forms of penance has been substituted in its place instead of leaning on Him to not sin again as they go to the priest instead of Him for confession of their sins.

So.. idle words in that respect.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
come to Jesus Christ and believe in Him that you are saved to have eternal life before the Bridegroom comes

The Bridegroom HAS come. The wedding feast began at the last supper and continues to this day. It is eternally celebrated in heaven..

The doors are open to all, enter into the wedding feast before the doors are shut....

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace!