rejecting Jesus Christ is different from the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The first of humanity to be resurrected are of the heavenly resurrection of Christ’s joint heirs, and begins after Jesus Christ returns in heavenly glory, to give first attention to his spiritual brothers. Christ himself is called “the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death.” Paul then says that each one will be resurrected in his own rank, “Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.” (1Co 15:20, 23) These, as “the house of God,” have been under judgment during their Christian life course, beginning with the first of their number at Pentecost. (1Pe 4:17) They are “certain [literally, some] firstfruits.” (Jas 1:18; Re 14:4) Jesus Christ can be compared to the barley firstfruits offered by the Israelites on Nisan 16 (“Christ the firstfruits”), and his spiritual brothers as “firstfruits” (“certain firstfruits”) can be compared to the wheat firstfruits offered on Pentecost day, the 50th day from Nisan 16.—Le 23:4-12, 15-20.

These have been under judgment, so at Christ’s return it is time to give the reward to them, his faithful anointed ones, just as he promised his 11 faithful apostles on the evening before his death: “I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, . . . I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be.”—Joh 14:2, 3; Lu 19:12-23; compare 2Ti 4:1, 8; Re 11:17, 18.

Revelation 20:5, 6 refers to the resurrection of those who will reign with Christ as “the first resurrection.” The apostle Paul speaks of this first resurrection also as “the earlier resurrection from the dead [literally, the out-resurrection the out of dead (ones)].” (Php 3:11) On the expression Paul uses here, Robertson’s Word Pictures in the New Testament (1931, Vol. IV, p. 454) says: “Apparently Paul is thinking here only of the resurrection of believers out from the dead and so double ex [out] (ten exanastasin ten ek nekron). Paul is not denying a general resurrection by this language, but emphasizing that of believers.” Charles Ellicott’s Commentaries (1865, Vol. II, p. 87) remarks on Philippians 3:11: “‘The resurrection from the dead;’ i.e., as the context suggests, the first resurrection (Rev. xx. 5), when, at the Lord’s coming the dead in Him shall rise first (1 Thessalon. iv. 16), and the quick be caught up to meet Him in the clouds (1 Thess. iv. 17); compare Luke xx. 35.
Rotherham’s translation of Philippians 3:11 reads: “If by any means I may advance to the earlier resurrection which is from among the dead.”
So the scriptures show us that this first resurrection who will be the ones resurrected to heaven and reign as kings, judges with Jesus over humanity. Then we have those who will survive Armageddon and pass into the new earth without dying but there will also be those resurrected on the new earth.
The Bible calls faithful men of old such as Abraham righteous. (Ge 15:6; Jas 2:21) Many of these men are listed at Hebrews chapter 11, and of them the writer says: “And yet all these, although they had witness borne to them through their faith, did not get the fulfillment of the promise, as God foresaw something better for us [spirit-begotten, anointed Christians like Paul], in order that they might not be made perfect apart from us.” (Heb 11:39, 40) So, the perfecting of them will take place after that of the ones having part in “the first resurrection.”

Then there is the “great crowd” described in Revelation chapter 7, who are not members of the 144,000 “sealed” ones, and who consequently do not have “the token” of the spirit as being spirit-begotten. (Eph 1:13, 14; 2Co 5:5) They are described as coming “out of the great tribulation” as survivors of it; this would seem to locate the gathering of this group in the last days shortly before that tribulation. These are righteous through faith, being clothed in white robes washed in the blood of the Lamb. (Re 7:1, 9-17) As a class, they will not need to be resurrected, but faithful ones of that group who die before the great tribulation will be resurrected in God’s due time.

Also, there are many “unrighteous” persons buried in Sheol (Hades), mankind’s common grave, or in “the sea,” watery graves. The judgment of these along with “the righteous” resurrected on earth is described in Revelation 20:12, 13: “And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Hades gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.”
This judgment is placed in the Bible in the account of events occurring during Christ’s Thousand Year Reign with his associate kings and priests. These, the apostle Paul said, “will judge the world.” (1Co 6:2) “The great and the small,” persons from all walks of life, will be there, to be judged impartially. They are “judged out of those things written in the scrolls” that will be opened then. This could not mean the record of their past lives nor a set of rules that judges them on the basis of their past lives. For since “the wages sin pays is death,” these by their death have received the wages of their sin in the past. (Ro 6:7, 23) Now they are resurrected that they might demonstrate their attitude toward God and whether they wish to take hold of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ that was given for all. (Mt 20:28; Joh 3:16)

Sort of fine up to where you started the First Resurrection for a second time <<after Armageddon>>. Sad. It shows you have not ever made the subject or its study your own, but just quote someone else or others WHO SIMPLY REFUSED TO BE CALVINIST AND PROTESTANT ORDINARY. Very sad.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
TMI BARNEY...

I'm sorry to tell you that I did not read your post.

For I consider end times events to be a peripheral issue that I would rather not argue over.

Well, I do not take for granted that you now are telling the truth. I used to be SDA. What you actually mean but won't say, is that you consider end times events to be what SDA --'Inspiration'-- think and cannot be argued over.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Then what Jesus said becomes senseless and meaningless.

Matthew 12:31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

What Jesus says here is that the Pharisees DID NOT BELIEVE THE SCRIPTURES ABOUT HIM. Which implies they did not believe the Testimony of the Holy Spirit "ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES CONCERNING THE CHRIST". Which implies they did not believe the Holy Spirit that testifies in the Scriptures. The Holy Spirit is He Who IN SCRIPTURE testifies of THE ONE : "ME .. THE CHRIST", said Jesus. The speaking of blasphemous words or arguments against the Holy Spirit is the exalting of a proud heart of stone OF ITSELF that despises and rejects Jesus the Christ of God--that He only is Mighty to FORGIVE ALL SINS.
Either Jesus is Mighty to forgive every sin or the Holy Spirit witnesses falsely of Him in Scripture WHICH WAS WHAT THE PHARISEES ARGUED, SAYING THEIR BLASPHEMIES OF DENIAL OF JESUS THE SON OF MAN GOD THE SON. Each situation wherein this issue, often, arose, was one where Jesus HEALED AND FORGAVE SINNERS AND PASSED BY the 'SINLESS' Pharisees. At NO occasion of such conflicts was the Holy Spirit the object of unbelief or the hate of the unbelievers. Jesus argued against them, You really just don't believe the Scriptures wherein you think you found salvation and life, BUT THE SCRIPTURES WITNESS OF ME AND IT IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD WHO THROUGH THE SCRIPTURES WITNESS OF GOD, OF ME, THE SON OF MAN, AGAINST WHOM YOU ULTIMATELY REBEL.

I say Christians never have and still do not understand the Scriptures, and still have and defend the attitude the Pharisees loved and adored-- the spirit of HUMAN, DEVILISH, PRIDE.

But churches and their tyrants must have LIES to chase FEAR into their members to enrich themselves. That is why and that was how Roman Catholicism invented its abomination of desolation ‘the unforgiveable sin’.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
For you perhaps for sure for the same reason what Jesus said became senseless and meaningless for the Pharisees ... THEY KNEW THE SCRIPTURES ... AS YOU DO.
Not for me. For I can understand the plain and simple truth that Jesus said there,

Matthew 12:31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

That there is blasphemy against the Son of Man and there is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. The former as having forgiveness and the latter as without, either in this age or in the age to come.

Tong
R1920

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
What Jesus says here is that the Pharisees DID NOT BELIEVE THE SCRIPTURES ABOUT HIM. Which implies they did not believe the Testimony of the Holy Spirit "ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES CONCERNING THE CHRIST". Which implies they did not believe the Holy Spirit that testifies in the Scriptures. The Holy Spirit is He Who IN SCRIPTURE testifies of THE ONE : "ME .. THE CHRIST", said Jesus. The speaking of blasphemous words or arguments against the Holy Spirit is the exalting of a proud heart of stone OF ITSELF that despises and rejects Jesus the Christ of God--that He only is Mighty to FORGIVE ALL SINS.
Either Jesus is Mighty to forgive every sin or the Holy Spirit witnesses falsely of Him in Scripture WHICH WAS WHAT THE PHARISEES ARGUED, SAYING THEIR BLASPHEMIES OF DENIAL OF JESUS THE SON OF MAN GOD THE SON. Each situation wherein this issue, often, arose, was one where Jesus HEALED AND FORGAVE SINNERS AND PASSED BY the 'SINLESS' Pharisees. At NO occasion of such conflicts was the Holy Spirit the object of unbelief or the hate of the unbelievers. Jesus argued against them, You really just don't believe the Scriptures wherein you think you found salvation and life, BUT THE SCRIPTURES WITNESS OF ME AND IT IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD WHO THROUGH THE SCRIPTURES WITNESS OF GOD, OF ME, THE SON OF MAN, AGAINST WHOM YOU ULTIMATELY REBEL.

I say Christians never have and still do not understand the Scriptures, and still have and defend the attitude the Pharisees loved and adored-- the spirit of HUMAN, DEVILISH, PRIDE.

But churches and their tyrants must have LIES to chase FEAR into their members to enrich themselves. That is why and that was how Roman Catholicism invented its abomination of desolation ‘the unforgiveable sin’.

<<<Either Jesus is Mighty to forgive every sin...>>>

Jesus made it clear in the following passage, every kind of sin can be forgiven, except the blasphemy against the Spirit. Either you accept and believe what Jesus said, or explain that away.

Tong
R1921

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sort of fine up to where you started the First Resurrection for a second time <<after Armageddon>>. Sad. It shows you have not ever made the subject or its study your own, but just quote someone else or others WHO SIMPLY REFUSED TO BE CALVINIST AND PROTESTANT ORDINARY. Very sad.

Well see GerhardEbersoehn all this tells me Is you down truly know how to read because you can't follow along, Now that's sad.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and fearful for judging. At least three times now ... and from a SDA of course!

Man!!!! Lord help me hold my horses....

Well, I do not take for granted that you now are telling the truth. I used to be SDA. What you actually mean but won't say, is that you consider end times events to be what SDA --'Inspiration'-- think and cannot be argued over.

If you are identifying me as a seventh day Adventist you are mistaken.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The point remains, there is distinction between rejecting that Jesus is the Christ and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

One who does not believe scriptures does not commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

One who does not believe scriptures commits blasphemy against the Holy Spirit WHO BREATHED THE TESTIMONY TO JESUS CHRIST IN SCRIPTURE. There is no distinction and no difference between rejecting that Jesus is the Christ and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

The problem here is with the satanic spirit of Catholicism teaching that words spoken against the Holy Spirit are unforgiveable the poor individual sinner, but there is no sin too big or too sinful that Jesus could or would not forgive. THAT, IS THE TRUE UNFORGIVEBLE SIN, THIS DOCTRINE OF THE FALSE CHURCH OF THE SPRIT OF SATAN.

"The Scriptures witness of the Christ" are Jesus' words implying the Holy Spirit the Third Person of the Trinity IN FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY witnessing and testifying of the SON IN FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY witnessing and testifying of the Father IN FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY IN, THROUGH AND WITH SCRIPTURE. But the church doesn't love divided love; sinner must love CHURCH AS GOD.

Sin is all sin against the only God.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not for me. For I can understand the plain and simple truth that Jesus said there,

Keep the truth simple! The Holy Spirit witnesses of and testifies to ONE : Jesus Christ. Hear me, NONE besides! Therefore what Jesus here said of words spoken against the Holy Spirit is what Jesus said of words "CONCERNING THE CHRIST" which the Holy Spirit speaks NOWHERE BUT IN AND THROUGH AND WITH HOLY SCRIPTURE WHICH THE HOLY SPIRIT BREATHED.

The Holy Spirit is not divided. The 'Spirit speaking in me' -- in every believer -- is the believer's 'Spirit' in each case. The Spirit of God speaks in and with and through God's Written Word to the believer's 'spirit in me/him/her/us'. If the Spirit that is ‘in me’ SPEAKS anywhere that is not in the Scriptures, that spirit falsely claims to be the Holy Spirit of God.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
<<<Either Jesus is Mighty to forgive every sin...>>>

Jesus made it clear in the following passage, every kind of sin can be forgiven, except the blasphemy against the Spirit. Either you accept and believe what Jesus said, or explain that away.

Just think for a moment, this is how YOU, explain away what Jesus said.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
One who does not believe scriptures commits blasphemy against the Holy Spirit WHO BREATHED THE TESTIMONY TO JESUS CHRIST IN SCRIPTURE. There is no distinction and no difference between rejecting that Jesus is the Christ and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

The problem here is with the satanic spirit of Catholicism teaching that words spoken against the Holy Spirit are unforgiveable the poor individual sinner, but there is no sin too big or too sinful that Jesus could or would not forgive. THAT, IS THE TRUE UNFORGIVEBLE SIN, THIS DOCTRINE OF THE FALSE CHURCH OF THE SPRIT OF SATAN.

"The Scriptures witness of the Christ" are Jesus' words implying the Holy Spirit the Third Person of the Trinity IN FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY witnessing and testifying of the SON IN FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY witnessing and testifying of the Father IN FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY IN, THROUGH AND WITH SCRIPTURE. But the church doesn't love divided love; sinner must love CHURCH AS GOD.

Sin is all sin against the only God.
And Jesus clearly said, every kind of sin and slander agains the Son of Man can be forgiven, except the blasphemy against the Spirit.

Tong
R1930

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Just think for a moment, this is how YOU, explain away what Jesus said.

Jesus, not me, is telling us:

I have nothing to explain away there. But it seems that you do.

Tong
R1931

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And Jesus clearly said, every kind of sin and slander agains the Son of Man can be forgiven, except the blasphemy against the Spirit.

True, except three aspects of the truth here, lacks.

First, Against WHAT of the Holy Spirit?
Against the Witness and Testimony of the Holy Spirit!

Two, Against WHOM of the Witness and Testimony of the Holy Spirit?
The Witness and Testimony of the Holy Spirit to The Son of Man Jesus God and Saviour.

Last, Against the Witness and Testimony of the Holy Spirit WHERE?
The Witness and Testimony of the Holy Spirit to Jesus Christ IN SCRIPTURE NOT in man!

And there is a fourth little fox in your vineyard, It is not written <<slander against the Son of Man __can__ be forgiven, except the blasphemy against the Spirit>>, but "will not be forgiven". Jesus' atonement is perfect and ample, it's not that He cannot, but that He will not forgive blasphemies against the Holy Spirit THAT ARE SLANDER REALLY AIMED AGAINST THE SON.

THE HYPOCRISY OF THE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ACTUAL UNFORGIVEABLE SIN.

Last edited: