Rev 12 Proves how great God is

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Rev 12:7-12

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

I was reading this passage and then this struck me:

1. God is exceedingly humble in heaven.

We have a creation that knows God and yet has the audacity to 'break out war' in His presence. Imagine an ant deciding to shout the odds and declare you remove yourself from your house :D. Would the devil 'declare war' if he thought of himself as an ant?

2. God does not make mistakes.

The devil has spent / spends his time accusing us before God, day and night. Instead of 'moving on' with something like... grasping you messed up and working on restoring things. He is hell-bound on hurting God, by hurting us. Clearly God removes someone from His presence, not because they made a mistake, but rather because the are hell -bent on pursuing a life of evil.

3. God was exceedingly humble on earth.

God could have come to earth and simply died for us. Any death on His part should have been sufficient surely? But instead He became a 'lamb' to the slaughter. He put Himself at the mercy of evil men and the devil. They could do whatever they wanted to Him.

4. God reveals His greatness to us by His amazing humility.

Creator of all + exceedingly humble = Great God! I am reminded of Matt 18:4 'Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven'.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
You are at the far end of the spectrum--Genesis 1:1 proved how great God is.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think God's greatness can be measured and has no end. Ps. 135:5 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
But when I think of God's greatness I think of how He is greater than all gods and there is none as great as our God. Ps.97:9 For You, LORD, are the Most High over all the earth; You are exalted above all the gods. 2Sam. 7:22 "How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears. Deut. 3:24 "Sovereign LORD, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do? Ps. 77:13 Your ways, God, are holy. What god is as great as our God? Jer. 10:6 No one is like you, LORD; you are great, and your name is mighty in power.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
truthquest said:
I don't think God's greatness can be measured and has no end. Ps. 135:5 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
But when I think of God's greatness I think of how He is greater than all gods and there is none as great as our God. Ps.97:9 For You, LORD, are the Most High over all the earth; You are exalted above all the gods. 2Sam. 7:22 "How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears. Deut. 3:24 "Sovereign LORD, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do? Ps. 77:13 Your ways, God, are holy. What god is as great as our God? Jer. 10:6 No one is like you, LORD; you are great, and your name is mighty in power.
Amen. Well said.