Roe vs Wade ending?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I have a very different view of the nature of God I think.
So you’d let them both die knowing the baby has no chance of survival and if kept in the mothers womb she’d die also,? That’s what you’re saying.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in your mind, the biblical thing is that they both die when the life of the mother can be saved? Even if either way you do it, the unborn child dies?
My view is we do not have the right to kill the child. If the child is already dead that is different. Or if you can bring it out of the body and do whatever, if anything, to revive and it dies naturally, that is ok. But to kill it then remove it, no I'm not ok with that. That is up to God.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view is we do not have the right to kill the child. If the child is already dead that is different. Or if you can bring it out of the body and do whatever, if anything, to revive and it dies naturally, that is ok. But to kill it then remove it, no I'm not ok with that. That is up to God.

It is still an abortion as there is no way for the unborn child to survive. We're talking very early stages of pregnancy. There is absolutely no viability there at all.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me for stepping in, but I’d have to say that saving the mothers life would be more critical, especially if she has other children to look after, after all it is of no fault of her own, and the logical thing would be to save the mother.
If you're going to use this logic, you would have to take the position that Rachel's second son Benjamin should've been aborted since Rachel died giving birth to him after already having Joseph to look after.

In political and religious circles, we as human beings like to provide loopholes for ourselves when we are faced with an inconvenient situation, but God says His instructions are supposed to take precedence over what we want to do. "Do not murder" does not mean "it's ok to murder under certain circumstances".

The mother is obligated to protect the baby she is carrying and ensure its survival, just like the father is obligated to protect the mother and children from external threats. An often overlooked principle behind the 5th commandment is that it was designed to protect all of the members of a family, even the unborn members. This principle is reflected in Gal. 4:26 where Paul calls the New Jerusalem a Christian's "mother".

Reactions: reformed1689

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're going to use this logic, you would have to take the position that Rachel's second son Benjamin should've been aborted since Rachel died giving birth to him after already having Joseph to look after.

In political and religious circles, we as human beings like to provide loopholes for ourselves when we are faced with an inconvenient situation, but God says His instructions are supposed to take precedence over what we want to do. "Do not murder" does not mean "it's ok to murder under certain circumstances".

The mother is obligated to protect the baby she is carrying and ensure its survival, just like the father is obligated to protect the mother and children from external threats. An often overlooked principle behind the 5th commandment is that it was designed to protect all of the members of a family, even the unborn members. This principle is reflected in Gal. 4:26 where Paul calls the New Jerusalem a Christian's "mother".

So as far as you're concerned, the mother should just die along with the unborn child? Even when there is absolutely no hope of that unborn child surviving as in the case of ectopic pregnancies?

Reactions: JohnPaul

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious, where do you all fall on abortion when it comes to saving the mother's life when there is little to no chance of survival for the unborn child, such as in the case of ectopic pregnancy?

My wife had a tubal pregnancy. We asked if they could move the baby to the womb. the technology was not invented. We found out if we left things alone the baby was going to die no matter what, and my wife would probably die as well.

We ended the babies life. Better to save on ethan lose two.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there you have it folks. A perfect reason for a TOTAL BAN on abortions.

No! Just no! There has to be stipulations where if the mother's life is at risk due to the pregnancy, especially in the case of ectopic pregnancies where the unborn child has absolutely zero chance of survival, that an abortion can occur and is legal. To kill both of them is wrong.

You have basically sentenced women with ectopic pregnancies to death!

Reactions: JohnPaul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have basically sentenced women with ectopic pregnancies to death!
And pray tell what is the percentage of "ectopic pregnancies"? Is it not 1-2%, which means that you are blowing this out of proportion to justify abortions.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And pray tell what is the percentage of "ectopic pregnancies"? Is it not 1-2%, which means that you are blowing this out of proportion to justify abortions.

I am doing no such thing. I am making sure that 1 to 2% can still have an abortion to save the life of the mother.

I literally said "There has to be stipulations where if the mother's life is at risk due to the pregnancy, especially in the case of ectopic pregnancies where the unborn child has absolutely zero chance of survival, that an abortion can occur and is legal." That is hardly blowing it out of proportion.

Maybe rather than trying to discredit someone, you should actually read their posts.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am doing no such thing. I am making sure that 1 to 2% can still have an abortion to save the life of the mother.

I literally said "There has to be stipulations where if the mother's life is at risk due to the pregnancy, especially in the case of ectopic pregnancies where the unborn child has absolutely zero chance of survival, that an abortion can occur and is legal." That is hardly blowing it out of proportion.

Maybe rather than trying to discredit someone, you should actually read their posts.
They would still save the mother regardless. Thing is exceptions start to gain more ground, then they will include stuff like mental health issues of the pregnant woman, and other irrelevant things. And it is going to be states that pass and change their laws, the federal government can not govern anything well anymore, they are totally dysfunctional. I like how the senate has blocked the democrats abortion rights bill just recently, Manchin said wont support it. One justification for abortion they will say, and I have heard it from other women, lack of love, the unwanted baby, just a burden to the pregnant female and a burden to society, and I even heard it is unfair to allow the baby to be born into an environment like that.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They would still save the mother regardless.

Not if there is no stipulation in the law to do so. If the law says, no abortions period no exceptions, where does it say they will still save the mother regardless?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not if there is no stipulation in the law to do so. If the law says, no abortions period no exceptions, where does it say they will still save the mother regardless?
Well I worked decades in hospital in Virginia, and that is how I and they think. I earned 2 pensions in the medical field. Claimed one early. You're getting extreme here. No exceptions does not really mean no exceptions and never has including for other issues. Like if a woman is bleeding out due to ruptured uterus, they will remove it along with the unborn child for example.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I worked decades in hospital in Virginia, and that is how I and they think. I earned 2 pensions in the medical field. Claimed one early. You're getting extreme here. No exceptions does not really mean no exceptions and never has including for other issues. Like if a woman is bleeding out due to ruptured uterus, they will remove it along with the unborn child for example.

I have over 20 years in the medical field as an EMT. I am not getting extreme. No exceptions means no exceptions. If there is no stipulation/exception to save the mother's life, then people would be breaking the law. That is just how it is. If you were making exceptions to a law without that law specifically stating it, then you were breaking the law. There is no way around that.

As an EMT, I have to follow that DNR, if I made an exception because the daughter doesn't want her mom to die, I would be breaking the law and would lose my license. I use this particular example because it has happened to me a couple times. I was asked to save their life after being presented with the DNR. I had to tell them I am unable to do so. I was threatened with lawsuits. I stood my ground and because I didn't break the law and make an exception that the law itself didn't make, I was protected by that law.

That is how every medical professional I have ever worked with handled things. We followed the law, because in the end, the law protects us. So, I reiterate, no exceptions means no exceptions.

Last edited: