• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Re read your first line . then remember what paul wrote . WHO we serve IS WHOSE WE ARE .
Too many are lip only and they wont make it . THEY love sin , they honor the dark rainbow
they even believe GOD is fine with all religoins and all paths . THESE DO NOT KNOW GOD NOR CHRIST .
They walk in darkness . THEY say THEY KNOW HIM but walk IN DARKNESS . THEY LIE .
IF a man loves NOT RIGHTEOUSNESS or HIS brethren , HE IS IN DARKNESS .

IF you serve sin then you are a Christian who is in the flesh.
You're Christianity , is Jesus in you........and you "in Christ".
But your walk of faith, can be ruined............but your Sonship, as a born again new Creation in Christ, is God controlled, as He caused it... not us.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They claim GOD , they claim CHRIST , yet in works DENY HIM .
IF one provides not for his own and specially for those of his own household , HE HAS DENIED THE FAITH .
Hearers ONLY decieve themselves . BOTH PAUL and JAMES WERE RIGHT . THEY AGREED . we must learn the BIBLE for ourselves
Right @amigo de christo, since there are so many heteros voices on this Forum, each claim they know it all, are you in agreement with @Behold?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
They claim GOD , they claim CHRIST , yet in works DENY HIM .

You can do works for God and you can try to be like Christ and go to hell.
The reason?

Jesus said..>"you must be born again>

So, what you have to do is learn to recognize heretics, and christian fakirs, not based on how many verses they can post or videos they can post, ...etc.

You recognize the Devil's owned by one thing, and their works is not the one thing, as the Devil fakes false Christianity through people, worldwide.

Listen to how a person defines HOW They STAY SAVED.

If they dont believe that Jesus keeps them saved, then you are dealing with a person, who may be a real christian, but they have a broken faith.
People with broken faith, teach and believe that they are responsible for their salvation...they are working their way to heaven, is what they teach.

This is, water baptism saves me
This is, enduring to the end, saves me
This is, "If i hold unto my faith, then that saves me".
This is, "i keep the commandments and i try to be like Christ"... saves me

See all that?
That is SELF SAVING, and not Trust in Christ as Savior.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Right @amigo de christo, since there are so many heteros voices on this Forum, each claim they know it all, are you in agreement with @Behold?

Listen,

i appreciate that you are a sensitive person.
However,.... dont pick sides....dont play sides........only pick truth.

Come to My Threads to get truth you have not yet understood.
Or to ask a question.
If you finger point some heresy at me, then you can't learn here and it'll just be chaos for you.
And, when im very direct with you, that is exactly what it has to be, as here is the thing so that you can get more light, Johann.

A.) Theology has to be exactly right, or its exactly wrong.

There is no place found in the word of God for..this.

"well, here is what i think".

And one more thing about Jesus who said this.....
He said there were many things he wanted to teach the 11 Disciples., but they were not ready to hear....could not deal with the revelation at that time.

So.....What did Jesus do about that, as he had to die on the Cross, and go Home to Heaven.

Here is what He did, Johann,

Jesus said...from Heaven...

"Paul is a chose vessel unto me, and he is the apostle to the gentiles".

...See that? That is how JESUS gives to us those things that the early disciples who walked with him, were not yet able to receive.

This is why Paul told you. "follow ME, as i follow Christ".
No other apostle said that.....only Paul

Paul was sent to us by Jesus, and he wrote all the Church Doctrine, everything about the "Gifts of the Spirit" and how to deal with your wife, and how to choose a Minister and build a church and all about Tithing.. and so much more.
The Holy Spirit is the revealer...........but PAUL is your TEACHER, and he's not alive down here, but people like me, who are very few now in these "great falling away"... end times, are still preaching Pauline Theology.
Its rare now to find it Brother.
Grab it and hold on firmly.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book” (Revelation 22:18)
"THIS Book" means the Book of Revelation, Einstein.
The Bible is a COLLECTION og
BookS.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"THIS Book" means the Book of Revelation, Einstein.

Compared to someone who in neck deep into a demonic bible, and led to teach nothing but a cult's concepts....im sure He does appear as an einstein to you.
How could he not.

So, i enjoy the Revelation of John, but, i dont discuss it on Forums, as ive never seen a discussion of this Revelation on a forum that isnt a theological rabbit trail bottomless pit.

I dont make time for that, tho many do, as you well know.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think this applies to those who reject Christ?

Being born again, can't be ended.
Not an answer to my question. For some reason, you deny that a man once rescued from a life threatening situation can never be in a life threatening situation again. At base, you are a mystic. The words "born again" carry mystical properties for you, which cause you to deny the many Scripture verses that go against your made up doctrine.

I agree that "Christ always gives me the Victory" applies to believers. You want to parse synonyms, believers from born again folks AS IF there is a difference. This is why you cannot answer the yes or no question with a simple yes or no. Do you think this applies to those who reject Christ?

You want to deny people born again can sin, can turn away from God. Even though this has happened many times. Your doctrine requires you to appeal to Post Hoc, IF they sinned & turned away from God it means they were never born again to begin with. Ridiculous. God's word does not say anything like this - but you have to pretend it does.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compared to someone who in neck deep into a demonic bible, and led to teach nothing but a cult's concepts....im sure He does appear as an einstein to you.
How could he not.

So, i enjoy the Revelation of John, but, i dont discuss it on Forums, as ive never seen a discussion of this Revelation on a forum that isnt a theological rabbit trail bottomless pit.

I dont make time for that, tho many do, as you well know.
The fact that you can’t see that I was being facetious ensures me that YOU are not a relative of Einstein, either . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tell you what, do that with the other books of the Bible and see how that will work out for you at the judgment…

:watching and waiting:
In other words – I PROVED that YOUR falsehood about Sola Scriptura - that we are to “Obey the writing”- is idiotic nonsense and is NOWHERE commanded of us. THAT is what we were talking about.

We ARE told, however, to listen to His CHURCH is to listen to HIM (Luke 10:16) at that His CHURCH has Supreme, God-Given Authority s to

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I tell you what, do that with the other books of the Bible and see how that will work out for you at the judgment…

:watching and waiting:
Anti-trinitarians like you should be confined to the Unorthodox Doctrine forum. They are trouble makers in every Christian forum on the internet. Because you reject the Holy Trinity, you have no business correcting anybody about the Bible.
This thread, hijacked by an anti-trinitarian, needs to be closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words – I PROVED that YOUR falsehood about Sola Scriptura - that we are to “Obey the writing”- is idiotic nonsense

Because you reject the Holy Trinity, you have no business correcting anybody about the Bible.

You two are funny!

:jest:

Hey, @Illuminator , the Bible says:

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?” (1 John 2:22)

It doesn’t say:

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ God?” (1 John 2:22)

See what adding and taking away from the scriptures does?

Causes division.

Did we go to bottom of the well on that one @Illuminator ?

Because you got nothing scriptural on me.

:hmhehm

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The 5 Foundational Truths of Revelation​

The Hierarchy of Truths​

The Deposit of Faith - much like a house - exists according to a Hierarchy of Truths, wherein some truths are more foundational than other truths. The latter rest upon the former as the 2" x 4" studs constituting the frame of a home rest upon the concrete foundation and the plumbing. Before the frame is built, the concrete must be poured, and even before the pouring, the first pipes for the plumbing must be set in place. With regard to catechesis, the existence of a hierarchy of truths does not mean some truths are more true than others.
Rather, it means that for an effective pedagogy (or, method of teaching), the catechist must lay the foundation first and teach the remainder of the deposit with the foundation always in mind, connecting the pieces.

5 Foundational Truths​

In order for newbies to get a solid hold on the Deposit of Faith, it is critical to show them how all of the truths are grounded in several foundational truths. These truths are contained in one significant paragraph within the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

"God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life." (CCC, #1)​
These five foundational truths of revelation are invoked throughout the Catechism and provide a framework in which all doctrine finds its proper context. They are:
  1. The Blessed Trinity: God is an eternal loving communion of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
  2. The Person of Jesus: A divine person who took on human nature in the Incarnation
  3. The Paschal Mystery: the suffering, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ
  4. The Dignity of the Human Person: made in the image and likeness of God
  5. The Church: the Body of Christ brought to life in the Holy Spirit

Breaking It Down​

Let's take a look at each of these foundational truths individually.

The Blessed Trinity
All creation comes from the Trinity, receives its truth, goodness and beauty as a reflection of God's nature, and finds its end in the Trinity. Therefore, it makes sense that all reality should be understood in terms of the Trinity. Human dignity flows from its being made in the likeness of the Trinity. Holy Matrimony participates in the inner life of the Trinity. Our being male and female reflects the Trinity (e.g., the Theology of the Body). Eternal life consists in living in the bosom of the Trinity.

The Person of Jesus
Pope John Paul II tells in in Catechesi Tradendae (On Catechesis in Our Time): "At the heart of catechesis we find, in essence, a Person, the Person of Jesus of Nazareth" (CT #5). Everything is summed up in Jesus. Everything must be taught in relation to him. The Mosaic Law prepared Israel for Jesus. Jesus is the center of history. Jesus is the fulfillment of divine revelation. Jesus makes the Father visible. Jesus sends us the Holy Spirit. Jesus governs over his Church as its invisible head. The Church is the Mystical Body of Christ. Mary's importance flows from her relation to her Son.

The Paschal Mystery
The Paschal Mystery sheds light on every truth. It reveals God's love for us. It is the means by which we are saved. Mary shared in Jesus' suffering. The grace of the resurrection is communicated through the Sacraments. We share in Christ's priesthood. It serves as the foundation of redemptive suffering. The Church is formed from the side upon the Cross. Jesus teaches us how to be self-less lovers from his work upon the Cross.

The Dignity of the Human Person
The dignity of the human person springs from the remarkable fact that, starting from the beginning, the sublime love among the three Persons of the Trinity, needing nothing else, nevertheless overflowed with a desire for other persons to share in their divine love. God crown creation with the creation of man. Being made in God's image makes us capable of receiving his life through the salvation that flows from the Redemption. The Christian moral life flows from our human dignity. Holiness consists in being formed into the image of Christ, who is the eternal image of the Father.

The Church
God created the world for the sake of the Church. Jesus suffered, died, and rose from the dead in order to create and imbue the Church with his divine life. The Church is God's chosen instrument of salvation and the dispenser of the Sacraments. Mary is the Mother of the Church. The Holy Spirit guides and animates the Church. The liturgy is the public worship of the Church and unites the Church in heaven with the Church on earth. God prepared Israel in the Old Testament to be united with the Gentiles in the Church. The Church safeguards the Deposit of Faith and faithfully hands it on from one generation to the next.

What Does This Mean Practically?​

The ordering of teachings within the catechumenal process requires a firm understanding of the foundational truths and the way in which all other truths flow from them. These foundational truths, then, should be laid out at the beginning and referred back to during subsequent sessions. In this way, the catechist can provide participants with an overarching framework in which the entire Deposit of Faith can and must be understood.

source

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The 5 Foundational Truths of Revelation​

The Hierarchy of Truths​

The Deposit of Faith - much like a house - exists according to a Hierarchy of Truths, wherein some truths are more foundation…blah…blah…blah…blah…blah…blah

Foundational truths are found in the HOLY BIBLE!

Not your sectarian books/writings.

SHOW ME OUT OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You two are funny!

It doesn’t say:

Causes division.

At least you are honest by openly denying the divinity of Christ and don't even hide it, and claim to be scriptural, like a self-acclaimed emperor with no clothes.

1676931746570.png

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
denying the divinity of Christ

I’m not denying the divinity of Christ.

We are made partakers thereof.

“Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (2 Peter 1:4)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You two are funny!

It doesn’t say:

Causes division.

It doesn't have to say that.
The Bible gives us MORE than enough evidence of Jesus's divinity - YOUR heretical beliefs notwithstanding . . .

Isaiah 7:14

All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Matt. 4:7
Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30
“I and the Father are ONE."

John 14:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!”

Philippians 2:6
...Who [Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Colossians 2:9
...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of
the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MOST FOLKS AINT BORN again . That is what i keep trying to say . THEY LIP HIS NAME , as I ONCE DID , but they live for darkness
AS I ONCE DID . I WAS LOST , NOT SAVED at that time .
How do you know that "most folks ain't born again? And by "folks" do you mean Christians or all people? If you mean Christians, then please justify that statement.