Romans 8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not deal with the verse, you attacked freewill.

If born again the Holy Spirit lives in you. If not, do not belong to Christ.
It does not cover salvation.

Again, if you are born again you have life. It does not cover how one gains the Holy Spirit.
Romans 8:11 -- The Spirit will not only quicken our bodies, but as stated previously it will quicken our souls to Him.

Life comes from being born again.

Personal obligation, not a pre-programmed demand. Freewill.

What about the rest of the chapter? The parts you can't get around?

You're not dealing with the passages. Read them, they speak plainly. The entire chapter speaks plainly.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 7
You skipped verses 12-28:
These are critical to understanding verses 29-.30:
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:29-30 -- If God foreknew everyone, then He predestined everyone, and justified everyone, and everyone would be glorified. God only foreknows the elect, and them he calls, justifies, and glorifies. God is the one who predestined the elect to be saved, and be called the sons of God. Salvation is of Him from beginning to end.
He foreknew who would love him. He works for the good and benefit of those who would love him.

Not your blanket declaration of everyone.

Saying God only foreknew the elect is to diminish God and violate the text.
29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
Romans 8:31 -- God is not on everyone’s side; He is against the sinful and unsaved. This is why our “free will choice” means nothing. God is against sinners as much as sinners are against God.
Everyone, including the born again, sinned before they were saved and sin after saved.
Romans 8:32-39 -- The rest of these passages explain the power of the blood of Christ, and that nothing can separate the elect [which is the ‘us’; not all mankind from God.
I have gone through every verse in the chapter of Romans, and found none of what you were trying to make it say.
Sad for you.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 3

Romans 8:9 -- If the Spirit of God has not changed a man, he cannot claim any of the good things that follow. Yet again we see that this fictional “free-will choice” would do a man no good even if it did exist. If men, of the flesh, try in and of themselves to please God, they will fail.

1 Corinthians 2:14

1 Corinthians 4:7

2 Corinthians 3:5

John 6:44

Romans 8:10 -- Again this passage stresses that of the Spirit comes life. Notice how it does not say that “Of the free-will choice” comes life.

Isaiah 55:11

John 3:27

John 17:2

Romans 9:16

1 Corinthians 3:6-7

Romans 8:11 -- The Spirit will not only quicken our bodies, but as stated previously it will quicken our souls to Him.

Matthew 11:25-27

Luke 10:21

Matthew 13:10-11

Matthew 13:16

1 Corinthians 2:14

Romans 8:12 -- Again we see that this passage celebrates liberation from the flesh, rather than ability through it.

Proverbs 20:9

Ecclesiastes 7:20

Ecclesiastes 7:29

Isaiah 64:6

Part 4

Romans 8:13 -- Again, the flesh is condemned. If you trust in the ability of the flesh, you shall die. But, if you trust in the ability of the Spirit, it shall give you life.

Ephesians 1:17-18

John 10:3-6

John 10:16

John 10:26-29

Romans 8:14 -- If you are lead by the Spirit, you know that you are a Son of God. But, if you are lead by the flesh, or lead by and trust in this “free-will choice”, you know that you are not. The flesh breeds nothing but corruption.

[See verses mentioned beforehand]

Romans 8:15 -- Through the Spirit, not through “free will choice”, we cry ‘Abba, Father’.

Romans 9:23-24

1 Corinthians 1:1-2

1 Corinthians 1:9

1 Corinthians 1:23-31

Romans 8:16 -- The Spirit of of God, who changed our hearts and minds, is the same Spirit which will then convince the children of God of their heritage.

Ephesians 4:4

2 Timothy 1:9

Hebrews 9:15

Jude 1

1 Peter 1:15

I did answer.... you just overlooked my responses. I dealt with each and every verse in the chapter of Romans.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not dealing with the passages. Read them, they speak plainly. The entire chapter speaks plainly.
A very clearly declare you wrong.
I did answer.... you just overlooked my responses. I dealt with each and every verse in the chapter of Romans.

But that does not back Calvinism.

You never addressed the exact words of verses.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Part 1

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. -- There is no condemnation for those who walk after Christ. If a person walks after Christ, it is the result of the Spirit, not of the person themselve

John 3:5-7

John 1:12-13

Genesis 6:5

Genesis 8:21

John 8:44

Ephesians 2:1-2

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. -- The Law of the Spirit of Life has freed, further expounding the point above. The law was to you sin and death, until the Spirit worked in your life. Notice how it does not say the “Law of My Correct Choice.”

Acts 5:31

Acts 11:18

Acts 13:48

Ephesians 2:8-9

Philippians 1:29

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh -- The reason is given here why the law of God is ineffective; the weakness of the flesh. This same weakness prevents man from doing anything morally good without the operation of the Spirit; this includes the mythical “free-will choice”

Job 14:4

Jeremiah 13:23

Matthew 7:16-18

Matthew 12:33

John 6:65

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. -- When the Spirit changes changes the heart of men, they do not walk after the flesh, and begin walking after the Spirit. Again, men in and of themselves cannot bring about this change [see Romans 8:3 verse list]

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. -- Those who are after the flesh cannot pull themselves out of the flesh. It is impossible, because they are drawn to the things of the flesh, and “savor” them. When the Spirit changes the heart of a person, then they walk after the things of the Spirit which changed them.

2 Timothy 2:25-26

Acts 18:27

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I did... you just must not know the exact word well enough to recognize them if I do not paste them directly.... I hope that is not the case.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 1

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. -- There is no condemnation for those who walk after Christ. If a person walks after Christ, it is the result of the Spirit, not of the person themselve

John 3:5-7

John 1:12-13

Genesis 6:5

Genesis 8:21

John 8:44

Ephesians 2:1-2

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. -- The Law of the Spirit of Life has freed, further expounding the point above. The law was to you sin and death, until the Spirit worked in your life. Notice how it does not say the “Law of My Correct Choice.”

Acts 5:31

Acts 11:18

Acts 13:48

Ephesians 2:8-9

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh -- The reason is given here why the law of God is ineffective; the weakness of the flesh. This same weakness prevents man from doing anything morally good without the operation of the Spirit; this includes the mythical “free-will choice”

Job 14:4

Jeremiah 13:23

Matthew 7:16-18

Matthew 12:33

John 6:65

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. -- When the Spirit changes changes the heart of men, they do not walk after the flesh, and begin walking after the Spirit. Again, men in and of themselves cannot bring about this change [see Romans 8:3 verse list]

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. -- Those who are after the flesh cannot pull themselves out of the flesh. It is impossible, because they are drawn to the things of the flesh, and “savor” them. When the Spirit changes the heart of a person, then they walk after the things of the Spirit which changed them.

2 Timothy 2:25-26

Acts 18:27

This is only about Romans 8.

You keep trying to spin everything to Calvinism by saying things the verses do not say.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wondering @CoreIssue what study helps you implement to help you understand Scripture?

It appears your most used "study tool" is Google, so you type in what you want to hear, like "Calvinism is a cult" then *voila* you think you've proven it.

So, again, what study helps do you use?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine: You're being disingenuous. Hard to fathom, isn't it?

The fact is you add words to the text, then you overlook and dismiss anything offered you that is sound teaching.

You were saying what you think I'm saying when I think.

You keep trying to add claims verses do not address.

If a verse makes a statement that is clearly free will you avoid it. Then you claim it denies free will when it doesn't.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is only about Romans 8.

You keep trying to spin everything to Calvinism by saying things the verses do not say.
That's just an accusation, and you're a pro at making them, but they remain baseless.

Show us where he stated something not in the text, like when we showed you what you stated isn't in the text.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were saying what you think I'm saying when I think.

You keep trying to add claims verses do not address.

If a verse makes a statement that is clearly free will you avoid it. Then you claim it denies free will when it doesn't.
No, not close my friend, and untrue. I've taken your own statements and false teachings, and have shown they're not in Romans 8.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wondering @CoreIssue what study helps you implement to help you understand Scripture?

It appears your most used "study tool" is Google, so you type in what you want to hear, like "Calvinism is a cult" then *voila* you think you've proven it.

So, again, what study helps do you use?

I don't use Google. I use duckduckgo.

I have studied the tulip, etc. I rejected Calvinism based on the Bible.

An example is you say no one seeks God. But when I post 79 verses that say people do your silent.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't use Google. I use duckduckgo.

Wow, you're that dense?

giphy.gif

I have studied the tulip, etc. I rejected Calvinism based on the Bible.

But, there's a problem, you misunderstand and misrepresent TULIP and Scripture.

An example is you say no one seeks God.

You mean Scripture says that, right? Romans 3?

But when I post 79 verses that say people do your silent.

I haven't been in this argument with you. Right now we're discussing what you add to Romans 8 that isn't there.

Regenerated and converted people seek God, not lost people. Paul, in Romans 3 is speaking of and showing the world is lost. It's this thing called context, something you avoid like the plague.

Reactions: SovereignGrace