Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Thegoodground said:
So "you" say.

God's voice is only heard on Sabbath days? Did God speak on the Sabbath? Did he Judge on the Sabbath?

The shophar was heard at Sinai (Exo. 19:16), on the Day of Atonement (Lev.23:24), at the beginning of the year of jubilee (Lev. 25:9), to announce the new moon (Psa. 81:3). It gave warning of judgment and war (Jos. 6:5; Jud. 3:27; 6:34; 7:16-18). It was used when issuing commands and directions (ISam. 13:3; 2Sam. 2:28); for proclaiming the accession of a king (1 Kgs. 1:34), or to warn of approaching danger (Jer. 4:5; Eze. 33:3; Joel 2:1).

It was thus the Voice of Authority.

That voice you say is only heard on the Sabbath?

Where?

You cannot keep a commandment as Law - you are a sinner!

I will say it again - you are a sinner and Law keeping cannot save you.

Lets say it again just in case you failed to listen the tenth time.

You are a sinner you cannot uphold God's commandments by Law as you will fail in one point and therefore are guilty of the whole law.

Your entire language is wrong; you speak as a natural unbelieving Jew.

You cannot jump between Law and Faith - Sorry once more!

Where does it say the Law of Liberty is the 10 Commandments?

By those same commandments law breakers were stone to death. Are you saying this Law is what saves?

O, so accidental incidents are ok are they? like 1 Ch 13:9-10

This stinks of self justification.

You are one lost soul.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
(Heb 10:26)

Where is the breaking of the Mosiac Law here?

Where does it say we keep a Law?

Correct.

And Rae is a stern warning to all would be Christians who think they understand God and His purpose but have taken to themselves lies.

Lies cannot save.
Do I sin, in stating I shall not justify willful breaking of the commandments of God? It is true, how can any of us justify breaking the commandments of God, willfully? I make no attempts at justifying the breaking of the Commandments of God.

God does not only speak on the Sabbath Day, but God is found speaking on the Sabbath Day to John. I have not said that it is only heard on the Sabbath Day, but that it was heard on the Sabbath Day. What I was pointing out, was that the trumpet and voice is associated with God's voice. John heard God's voice on the Sabbath Day.

Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Keeping the law is not to obtain salvation. You keep the law, because you are a servant of righteousness. Before you were a servant of sin, the power of Christ changes the Christian's life. What you did before, you no longer do. There is a marked change, and yes, you are able to keep the Commandments of God.

You, as a Christian, become a servant of righteousness instead of a servant of sin. Sin is to break the Law of God.

Romans 6:16-18 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Accidents happen, yes. What happens when we do sin?

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

What is it, that makes us in danger of losing our salvation? Is it accidents? Or, willful sin?

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The Law is the commandments of God - And keeping the Commandments of God, is the Law of God.

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The 7th Day Sabbath (and not the others) was classed with the moral law. This was placed within the Decalogue to be kept forever.

Psalm 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

John 14:5 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

The Commandments are the Law of God.

afaithfulone4u said:
If we do it correctly as the disciples did, we can kill two birds with one Stone(Pardone the pun). Saturday is the seventh day and the seventh day is God's ordained day of rest according to scripture since the beginning of our earth's age was re-created after the flood of the first earth.
However the Jewish's seventh day ends Saturday at sundown... but on the Gentile calendar day it is still the seventh day until midnight on Saturday...yet is the dawn of a new day being the FIRST DAY of the week according to the Jews. So if we did as the original followers of Christ did, we could meet at Saturday sundown and be fulfilling both days in one shot.

Acts 20:7 And UPON(sundown) the first DAY(not meaning sunlight) OF THE WEEK, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
KJV
1 Cor 16:1 Now concerning the collection{plate offering} for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 UPON(Sundown) the first Day{Not meaning sunlight} OF THE WEEK let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him{tithes of our income}, that there be no gatherings when I come.
3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
KJV

As we can see, the beginning of the (first) day is sundown Saturday and that is when the tithe aka collection plate is to be passed for the poor saints in Jerusalem not for padded pew seats etc.... as most churches use the tithe money for. Tithes are a 1/10th portion of what God has given to us rather it be produce and cattle as in the old testament or monetary since we work for a living now days and do not farm. All the earth belongs to Him and we are borrowing it to use for income.
Blessings
Sabbath indeed is Friday Sundown to Saturday Sundown. However, what this speaks of is not the tithe. It was money given to sustain the poor Jews in Jerusalem.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Raeneske said:
God does not only speak on the Sabbath Day, but God is found speaking on the Sabbath Day to John. I have not said that it is only heard on the Sabbath Day, but that it was heard on the Sabbath Day. What I was pointing out, was that the trumpet and voice is associated with God's voice. John heard God's voice on the Sabbath Day.

Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Keeping the law is not to obtain salvation. You keep the law, because you are a servant of righteousness. Before you were a servant of sin, the power of Christ changes the Christian's life. What you did before, you no longer do. There is a marked change, and yes, you are able to keep the Commandments of God.

You, as a Christian, become a servant of righteousness instead of a servant of sin. Sin is to break the Law of God.

Romans 6:16-18 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Accidents happen, yes. What happens when we do sin?

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

What is it, that makes us in danger of losing our salvation? Is it accidents? Or, willful sin?

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The Law is the commandments of God - And keeping the Commandments of God, is the Law of God.

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The 7th Day Sabbath (and not the others) was classed with the moral law. This was placed within the Decalogue to be kept forever.

Psalm 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

John 14:5 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

The Commandments are the Law of God.

Sabbath indeed is Friday Sundown to Saturday Sundown. However, what this speaks of is not the tithe. It was money given to sustain the poor Jews in Jerusalem.
A tithe is a portion of what God has given to us right? Did you see it say AS GOD HAS PROSPERED US in 1 Cor.16:1-3?

Didn't Jacob promise God 1/10th of all God gave to him? Didn't our father Abraham give the tenth to God when God was given booty? I consider the tithe to be merely obedience and to give back to show God that we KNOW who gave us the prosperity and of course God does not need our money.. but the people of God use it for their physical needs.
Yes, this was an order from Paul written down in the inspired Word of God and it is still in effect as they take up this collection every sunday but they never give it to the poor saints in Jerusalem whom are our debtors... yes debtors, for if it was not for their unbelief, we would still be dead in our sins for salvation would not have come to us.
Rom 15:25-27
25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
KJV

Thegoodground

Nov 15, 2012
Raeneske said:
Do I sin,
Yes.

Raeneske said:
in stating I shall not justify willful breaking of the commandments of God? It is true, how can any of us justify breaking the commandments of God, willfully? I make no attempts at justifying the breaking of the Commandments of God.
Yes you do.

You say you are able to keep the Sabbath by Law and yet you have lied or imagine a vain thing?

In breaking one part of His Law you break all of it, including your Sabbath.

Raeneske said:
God does not only speak on the Sabbath Day,
God rested on the Sabbath - He did not speak!

Raeneske said:
but God is found speaking on the Sabbath Day to John.
Not so. This day represents the time when Jesus Christ is in the midst of the Ekklesia's of God metering out the judgements upon the earth. The trumpet is a Divine Voice calling for judgement and war.

Raeneske said:
I have not said that it is only heard on the Sabbath Day, but that it was heard on the Sabbath Day. What I was pointing out, was that the trumpet and voice is associated with God's voice. John heard God's voice on the Sabbath Day.
John heard God's voice as a trumpet sounding out His Judgement from on High through His beloved Son.

Raeneske said:

Keeping the law is not to obtain salvation. You keep the law, because you are a servant of righteousness.
I dont keep a Law.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law (of Moses) is the knowledge of sin. (Rom 3:20)

Cmp

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (Rom 3:22)

Go back to...

But now the righteousness of God without (outside) the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (Rom 3:21)

Raeneske said:
Before you were a servant of sin, the power of Christ changes the Christian's life. What you did before, you no longer do. There is a marked change, and yes, you are able to keep the Commandments of God.
You confuse Commandments with the written Law.

Raeneske said:
See how you confuse Law, Commandments and Faith.

Its impossible to reason with you while you lack the understanding of Law cmp to Faith.

Arnie Manitoba said:
We should all go back and read what Jesus had to say to the teachers of the law when they were having endless debates over the Sabbath.

Brood of Vipers

:D

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Arnie Manitoba said:
We should all go back and read what Jesus had to say to the teachers of the law when they were having endless debates over the Sabbath.

Brood of Vipers
Can I ask you do you go to church? Just assuming you will say yes:
And what day do you go? Just assuming you will say Sunday:
Do you attend church RELIGIOUSLY on Sunday?

Please forgive me if I am in error, but I find it humorous when Christian's put their foot down as to not needing to keep the Sabbath, yet they faithfully attend church every Sunday even calling it the LORD'S DAY.
The seventh day is the LORD'S day so if you are going to keep a sabbath day, why not do it on the day God said was His day?

If Jesus was the Passover Lamb(which he was) What was the proceedure of the Passover? Let's see, Friday was the preparation day and at sundown they were to roast the lamb and eat all of if before morning RIGHT? What morning comes after friday evening being the time that Jesus died and was placed in the tomb? He was burried just before the sunset on friday due to the sabbath being UPON THEM.
If the Feast of Passover is a shadow of Jesus death burial and resurrection and if he is our Bread of life(unleavened Word) that we must eat the meat of to be saved then shouldn't he have arose before the morning just as the Jews practice eating all of the Lamb before the next morning? Remember that Sunday at evening would be MONDAY the second day of the week in those days, not the first day of the week.

John 20:18-19
18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst{Being the tree of life in the Midst of the Garden,Word of life}, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
KJV

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
A tithe is a portion of what God has given to us right? Did you see it say AS GOD HAS PROSPERED US in 1 Cor.16:1-3?

Didn't Jacob promise God 1/10th of all God gave to him? Didn't our father Abraham give the tenth to God when God was given booty? I consider the tithe to be merely obedience and to give back to show God that we KNOW who gave us the prosperity and of course God does not need our money.. but the people of God use it for their physical needs.
Yes, this was an order from Paul written down in the inspired Word of God and it is still in effect as they take up this collection every sunday but they never give it to the poor saints in Jerusalem whom are our debtors... yes debtors, for if it was not for their unbelief, we would still be dead in our sins for salvation would not have come to us.
Rom 15:25-27
25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
KJV
Nothing against the tithe, afaithfulone4u. :) I agree we are to tithe, however that passage is not speaking about the tithe. They were to lay in store what God had prospered them, because the people in Jerusalem were very poor and needed financial stability.

Arnie Manitoba said:

Brood of Vipers
Generally, as long as they ask or post, I continue.

Thegoodground said:
Yes.

Yes you do.

You say you are able to keep the Sabbath by Law and yet you have lied or imagine a vain thing?

In breaking one part of His Law you break all of it, including your Sabbath.

God rested on the Sabbath - He did not speak!

Not so. This day represents the time when Jesus Christ is in the midst of the Ekklesia's of God metering out the judgements upon the earth. The trumpet is a Divine Voice calling for judgement and war.

John heard God's voice as a trumpet sounding out His Judgement from on High through His beloved Son.

I dont keep a Law.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law (of Moses) is the knowledge of sin. (Rom 3:20)

Cmp

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (Rom 3:22)

Go back to...

But now the righteousness of God without (outside) the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (Rom 3:21)

You confuse Commandments with the written Law.

See how you confuse Law, Commandments and Faith.

Its impossible to reason with you while you lack the understanding of Law cmp to Faith.

:D
Yes, you sin, and I sin, we're all sinners. But that does not mean we to purposely and willfully sin, and trample upon the 10 Commandments.

I am able to keep the Sabbath, but it is not through my own merits. Through faith in Christ alone, are we able to do anything righteous. When we keep the Commandments of God, it is because we love God, and the love of God abides in us. If you want to be obedient, God will help you be obedient.

Of course God spoke, you have shown God spoke, "On the Lord's Day". We speak, resting does not mean that God never once said a word to anyone.

No, the day is the Lord's Day, as Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, and Isaiah 58:13 shows you the Sabbath is the Lord's Day.

If you do not keep the law, then you are out there murdering, stealing, worshipping other gods, idols, taking the Lord's name in vain, all day everyday. This is not righteousness at all.

1 John 3: And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

And since we are erring mortals, and we know that love is not in word tongue, but in deed and truth, What does TRUTH say is how we love? What are the fruits, what do Christians do, who do in fact love God and one another?

Romans 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. (So we that love, fulfill the law. So, then what is love?) For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (So then, we keep the commandments, and yet he states there are more. He only mentioned five, there are still 5 more) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

You keep the Commandments of God because you are saved. It is a fruit.

P.S. I am not sure, but it seems like this entire time, you are calling the 10 Commandments, the Law of Moses. However, Stone was not nailed to the cross. Jesus said not one jot or tittle should change, nor pass away, til all be fulfilled and heaven and earth pass away. Heaven and earth are still here, and not everything has passed away.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
mjrhealth said:
Unless your name is Jesus, i think you would find what you are trying to do impossible, which is why He did it.

Anyway your choice not mine.

2Co_12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Its enough for me and Him This is no glory in my flesh or my works only in Him.

In His Love
How is it that we remember that Jesus died for our sins, but we totally neglect the Holy Spirit who is our helper to overcome the lusts of the flesh?

Thegoodground

Nov 15, 2012
There it is...

Raeneske said:
I am able to keep the Sabbath
BTW on the Lords Day why are "His eyes were as a flame of fire" and "Out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword" and his feet "Burned in a furnace"?

All on the Sabbath you say? :wacko:

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Thegoodground said:
There it is...

BTW on the Lords Day why are "His eyes were as a flame of fire" and "Out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword" and his feet "Burned in a furnace"?

That was completely stripped out of context, both my words, and the Word of God.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Thegoodground said:
"as often as you do this you show the Lords death till he come"

Twice a day if your desire was such....
That is to take communion which does mean eat his flesh which is the MEAT OF THE WORD and drink his blood which is to drink in the Spirit of truth our bloodline of adoption.
The life is in the blood says God meaning that our spirit resides in our bloodline our dna and the Word of God is Spirit, for in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS GOD. The Father, His Word and Spirit are all ONE God.
John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
KJV
Lev 17:11-12
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.
KJV
Lev 17:14
14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
KJV
John 6:53-58
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me{THE WORD}.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
KJV

But that is why he is called our PASSOVER LAMB for when we feed upon the Word and drink in the Spirit of life we shall NEVER DIE!

Thegoodground

Nov 15, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
That is to take communion which does mean eat his flesh which is the MEAT OF THE WORD and drink his blood which is to drink in the Spirit of truth our bloodline of adoption.
agree.

afaithfulone4u said:
The life is in the blood says God meaning that our spirit resides in our bloodline our dna and the Word of God is Spirit, for in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS GOD. The Father, His Word and Spirit are all ONE God.
This is false

afaithfulone4u said:
John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
The Word is found in an intelligent understanding of the message of God and not an ethereal power residing in the mind.

afaithfulone4u said:
KJV
Lev 17:11-12
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.
KJV
Lev 17:14
14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
KJV
John 6:53-58
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me{THE WORD}.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
KJV

But that is why he is called our PASSOVER LAMB for when we feed upon the Word and drink in the Spirit of life we shall NEVER DIE!
Feed and Drink upon the Word which is Spirit and Truth.

TGG

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
There it is...

An amazing thing to say! You apparently have not read Joel 2. The Day of the Lord is not a day of the week, it is the one year period just prior to Christ's return. It begins in Rev 8:1 and culminates in the return of Christ. It has nothing to do with a day of the week.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
If we do it correctly as the disciples did, we can kill two birds with one Stone(Pardone the pun). Saturday is the seventh day and the seventh day is God's ordained day of rest according to scripture since the beginning of our earth's age was re-created after the flood of the first earth.
God's ordained day of rest is not a day anymore, but a person. His Son, Jesus Christ. The Sabbath was a only a shadow of the True Sabbath. We need to rest from our own labors of righteousness 7 days a week not 1 day a week. We are to rest in His labor of righteousness which was PERFECT.

Thegoodground

Nov 15, 2012
Axehead said:
God's ordained day of rest is not a day anymore, but a person. His Son, Jesus Christ. The Sabbath was a only a shadow of the True Sabbath. We need to rest from our own labors of righteousness 7 days a week not 1 day a week. We are to rest in His labor of righteousness which was PERFECT.
More truth for Rae to digest.

John_8:32 said:
An amazing thing to say! You apparently have not read Joel 2. The Day of the Lord is not a day of the week, it is the one year period just prior to Christ's return. It begins in Rev 8:1 and culminates in the return of Christ. It has nothing to do with a day of the week.
That old chestnut...How about you explain to us your understanding of the "space of half an hour" becoming one year.
If you would like to start a new thread it's been some time since I visited Rev 8.
TGG

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
Can I ask you do you go to church? Just assuming you will say yes:
And what day do you go? Just assuming you will say Sunday:
Do you attend church RELIGIOUSLY on Sunday?

Please forgive me if I am in error, but I find it humorous when Christian's put their foot down as to not needing to keep the Sabbath, yet they faithfully attend church every Sunday even calling it the LORD'S DAY.
The seventh day is the LORD'S day so if you are going to keep a sabbath day, why not do it on the day God said was His day?

If Jesus was the Passover Lamb(which he was) What was the proceedure of the Passover? Let's see, Friday was the preparation day and at sundown they were to roast the lamb and eat all of if before morning RIGHT? What morning comes after friday evening being the time that Jesus died and was placed in the tomb? He was burried just before the sunset on friday due to the sabbath being UPON THEM.
If the Feast of Passover is a shadow of Jesus death burial and resurrection and if he is our Bread of life(unleavened Word) that we must eat the meat of to be saved then shouldn't he have arose before the morning just as the Jews practice eating all of the Lamb before the next morning? Remember that Sunday at evening would be MONDAY the second day of the week in those days, not the first day of the week.

John 20:18-19
18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst{Being the tree of life in the Midst of the Garden,Word of life}, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
KJV

You will probably hate me for this ..... YES !!! .... I attend church on Sunday ..... because that is when our church has its services OK !! ..... and for no particular religious reason I also observe Saturday as a day of rest ..... and guess what .... I dont go to church that day .... OK !!!! ..... but Saturday really feels like a Sabbaths day rest for me .... it really does.

And if I lived on a remote island without clocks or calendars .... I would take at least one day a week as a sabbath ...... and it could very well be a Wednesday for all I know ..... I just count 7 days and do it.

It drives the Adventists nuts when i say that. .... and it also bugs all the other people who clutch the Julian calendar while wagging their finger and saying I am not observing on the day they want me to.

Brood of vipers is what Jesus said about those folks ..... take your issues up with him .... not me ...... hell ..... sometimes I spend a WHOLE 7 days like they are all a Sabbath or something

Categorize that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get over it

burn your Julian calendar while you are at it

It doesn't line up with the bible calendar anyway .... never has

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
More truth for Rae to digest.

That old chestnut...How about you explain to us your understanding of the "space of half an hour" becoming one year.
If you would like to start a new thread it's been some time since I visited Rev 8.
TGG
Doesn't take a thread, There is nowhere that this verse is equated to a year...

Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
Rev 8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

There is a period of time, either a literal half an hour or a short period of time of silence when those present contemplate what is about to be unleashed on the earth during the seven trumpets. Where in the world do you get a year here? Do you inject your own thinking into everything you read or just make this stuff up?

You will probably hate me for this ..... YES !!! .... I attend church on Sunday ..... because that is when our church has its services OK !! ..... and for no particular religious reason I also observe Saturday as a day of rest ..... and guess what .... I dont go to church that day .... OK !!!! ..... but Saturday really feels like a Sabbaths day rest for me .... it really does.

And if I lived on a remote island without clocks or calendars .... I would take at least one day a week as a sabbath ...... and it could very well be a Wednesday for all I know ..... I just count 7 days and do it.

It drives the Adventists nuts when i say that. .... and it also bugs all the other people who clutch the Julian calendar while wagging their finger and saying I am not observing on the day they want me to.

Brood of vipers is what Jesus said about those folks ..... take your issues up with him .... not me ...... hell ..... sometimes I spend a WHOLE 7 days like they are all a Sabbath or something

get over it
I am already over it. On the other hand, I am not the one who has the power or authority to set apart (sanctify) time and make it holy...

Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

The seven day cycle of the week is independant of any calendar. Perhaps you should rethink that statement about burning the calendar, it is completely inconseqential here.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Axehead said:
The Sabbath of rest is not a person. The other sabbaths contained in the law of Moses pointed to the cross. The 7th Day Sabbath happened before the fall of man. It does not point to the cross, but to creation week. The 7th Day Sabbath Commandment shows that.

Exodus 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Creation week, not the cross.

Arnie Manitoba said:

get over it

We have no reason to hate you. However, we know that the church observes Sunday, and for what reason they observe Sunday as well. We know why we worship on the Sabbath (those who do), and those who worship on Sunday, generally do not know the real reason why.

I can agree, Saturday does feel like a days rest. And Friday Sundown to Saturday sundown is the days rest. You could take a day of rest when you wanted. But our God gave us a commandment when to rest. It is for the good of humanity, to harmoniously rest, and worship all upon the same day.

In response to the calenders. Nothing has changed. The 7 day weekly cycle has always been intact. Sure, the numbers may have changed around a bit -- or a lot. But 7 day weekly cycle has never changed.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Let’s first start with Genesis 2:2-3.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he
rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had
rested from all his work which God created and made.

Well, you say that the Sabbath is not Mosaic and it is not under the system of laws that God gave to the Jews, but it is something that God founded in the very beginning. Does your Bible say that God founded the Sabbath for Himself here, or for man? Does your Bible say that man rested or that God rested?

There is no record of God giving Adam a commandment to rest on the seventh day. All we are told is that God rested. There is no record or statement at all that God revealed this to Adam at that time.

In Exodus 31:14, we find this:

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall be called a bad Christian.

Is that what it said??? No, that is not what it said.

What does it say?

Ye shall be put to death!

Some people would like to make the penalty pass away but keep the law. But think hard about this. Do you have a law if you have no penalty? No! You cannot have a law without a penalty. The very nature of law is that it comes with a penalty.

I hear people dividing the law in what is referred to as the “moral commandments” and the “ceremonial commandments”. And they tell us that the ceremonial part has passed away but the moral part is not and they try to make Sabbath Keeping part of the “moral” part which has remained but the penalty part of it we are no longer under. Christ is supposed to have lifted that.

So they say that when Christ died, we are no longer punished for not keeping the Sabbath but we are suppose to keep it, regardless. What?!?!

I submit unto you that when God gave this law and it was perpetual, the penalty was part of it and the penalty cannot pass away unless the law passes away. And for the nation of Israel, the law of Sabbath keeping cannot pass away.

Looking at Exodus 31:14 again, there are those that try to tell us that the Sabbath was kept prior to this. They say that when God says to “Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy”, that what it means is that, they have been keeping it and to remember what I told you. Keep remembering what your duty is, to keep the Sabbath and keep on doing what you know you should be doing.

That is a bit stretching the text there in Exodus 20:8.
Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

If you take the whole book of Genesis, the Bible talks about Abraham being a righteous man and it describes in detail, going to places and worshipping. It describes in detail, time and again, his offering of sacrifices and his falling down and praying and it talked of his righteousness, but it never mentioned him keeping the Sabbath. That is very strange. The Bible mentions his one time tithing, but it never mentions his Sabbath keeping. Then we have Isaac, who was also a righteous man and no mention of the Sabbath. Then we have Jacob and all his trials that he goes through with God and God teaching him and yet no mention of the Sabbath or Sabbath keeping. Then we have the 12 sons of Jacob and we have their devotion to God and Joseph going down to Egypt, and the Bible makes a big point of Joseph’s faithfulness to God. Down in Egypt, he worships God, he prays and they try to find some fault in him and yet, no mention of him ever keeping the Sabbath.

And then we come to Moses and we see Moses fleeing Egypt and then coming back but yet again no mention of Moses keeping the Sabbath. You find Moses dealing with the Jews for over a year and plagues coming but you find no mention of them ever keeping the Sabbath. And then when Moses tells Pharaoh that he wants to take the people and go 3 days journey and worship, he never says that they want to go keep the Sabbath. Moses never said that they want to keep the Sabbath holy unto God. If they kept the Sabbath, this would be the place to say it!

There is a conspicuous absence of any Patriarch keeping the Sabbath until Moses receives it as a commandment from God. This is irrefutable from the KJV Bible.

So, to tell us that God instituted Sabbath Keeping from the book of Genesis is absolutely false! He instituted nothing of the kind. The Bible tells us that He rested. That was His business! And when He got ready to reveal it, He revealed it to the nation of Israel and it was a sign between Him and the nation of Israel. Not between anyone else. A sign of a covenant. A covenant that he made with the nation of Israel. He never made that covenant with the nations of Gentiles. And the Gentiles have not entered into that covenant. The covenant that the Gentiles have entered into is the covenant that God made with Abraham to bless the world through his seed.

Abraham was a Gentile not a Jew, not an Israelite and he did not keep the Sabbath.

When God made a covenant with the nation of Israel, He made it with the Jews, with the Israelites, not with Abraham and the Bible never speaks of us, the Church, as being the seed of Jacob (Israel) or the seed of Isaac. It speaks of us being the seed of Abraham by faith and that has nothing to do with the nation of Israel.

We are the seed of a Gentile that did not keep the Sabbath, not the seed of an Israelite or a Jew who was commanded to keep the Sabbath. This is powerful!! This is extremely significant.

I will write about the first mention of keeping the Sabbath for men, but for now want to keep this post from getting too big.

Axehead

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Axehead said:
Let’s first start with Genesis 2:2-3.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he
rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had
rested from all his work which God created and made.

Well, you say that the Sabbath is not Mosaic and it is not under the system of laws that God gave to the Jews, but it is something that God founded in the very beginning. Does your Bible say that God founded the Sabbath for Himself here, or for man? Does your Bible say that man rested or that God rested?

There is no record of God giving Adam a commandment to rest on the seventh day. All we are told is that God rested. There is no record or statement at all that God revealed this to Adam at that time.

In Exodus 31:14, we find this:

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall be called a bad Christian.

Is that what it said??? No, that is not what it said.

What does it say?

Ye shall be put to death!

Some people would like to make the penalty pass away but keep the law. But think hard about this. Do you have a law if you have no penalty? No! You cannot have a law without a penalty. The very nature of law is that it comes with a penalty.

I hear people dividing the law in what is referred to as the “moral commandments” and the “ceremonial commandments”. And they tell us that the ceremonial part has passed away but the moral part is not and they try to make Sabbath Keeping part of the “moral” part which has remained but the penalty part of it we are no longer under. Christ is supposed to have lifted that.

So they say that when Christ died, we are no longer punished for not keeping the Sabbath but we are suppose to keep it, regardless. What?!?!

I submit unto you that when God gave this law and it was perpetual, the penalty was part of it and the penalty cannot pass away unless the law passes away. And for the nation of Israel, the law of Sabbath keeping cannot pass away.

Looking at Exodus 31:14 again, there are those that try to tell us that the Sabbath was kept prior to this. They say that when God says to “Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy”, that what it means is that, they have been keeping it and to remember what I told you. Keep remembering what your duty is, to keep the Sabbath and keep on doing what you know you should be doing.

That is a bit stretching the text there in Exodus 20:8.
Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

If you take the whole book of Genesis, the Bible talks about Abraham being a righteous man and it describes in detail, going to places and worshipping. It describes in detail, time and again, his offering of sacrifices and his falling down and praying and it talked of his righteousness, but it never mentioned him keeping the Sabbath. That is very strange. The Bible mentions his one time tithing, but it never mentions his Sabbath keeping. Then we have Isaac, who was also a righteous man and no mention of the Sabbath. Then we have Jacob and all his trials that he goes through with God and God teaching him and yet no mention of the Sabbath or Sabbath keeping. Then we have the 12 sons of Jacob and we have their devotion to God and Joseph going down to Egypt, and the Bible makes a big point of Joseph’s faithfulness to God. Down in Egypt, he worships God, he prays and they try to find some fault in him and yet, no mention of him ever keeping the Sabbath.

And then we come to Moses and we see Moses fleeing Egypt and then coming back but yet again no mention of Moses keeping the Sabbath. You find Moses dealing with the Jews for over a year and plagues coming but you find no mention of them ever keeping the Sabbath. And then when Moses tells Pharaoh that he wants to take the people and go 3 days journey and worship, he never says that they want to go keep the Sabbath. Moses never said that they want to keep the Sabbath holy unto God. If they kept the Sabbath, this would be the place to say it!

There is a conspicuous absence of any Patriarch keeping the Sabbath until Moses receives it as a commandment from God. This is irrefutable from the KJV Bible.

So, to tell us that God instituted Sabbath Keeping from the book of Genesis is absolutely false! He instituted nothing of the kind. The Bible tells us that He rested. That was His business! And when He got ready to reveal it, He revealed it to the nation of Israel and it was a sign between Him and the nation of Israel. Not between anyone else. A sign of a covenant. A covenant that he made with the nation of Israel. He never made that covenant with the nations of Gentiles. And the Gentiles have not entered into that covenant. The covenant that the Gentiles have entered into is the covenant that God made with Abraham to bless the world through his seed.

Abraham was a Gentile not a Jew, not an Israelite and he did not keep the Sabbath.

When God made a covenant with the nation of Israel, He made it with the Jews, with the Israelites, not with Abraham and the Bible never speaks of us, the Church, as being the seed of Jacob (Israel) or the seed of Isaac. It speaks of us being the seed of Abraham by faith and that has nothing to do with the nation of Israel.

We are the seed of a Gentile that did not keep the Sabbath, not the seed of an Israelite or a Jew who was commanded to keep the Sabbath. This is powerful!! This is extremely significant.

I will write about the first mention of keeping the Sabbath for men, but for now want to keep this post from getting too big.

Axehead
Your scriptures tell you why God rested. Because God finished from His work. Therefore God rested, and set that day apart for holy use. Jesus also reveals why the Sabbath was made:

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

There is also no record where God did not give the command not to take the Lord's name in vain, or not to murder. This is not sufficient evidence to believe none of the 10 Commandments existed.

There is also other commandments which showed that for breaking it you are condemned to death.

Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Do we kill people for committing adultery now? Or when a son or daughter dishounours their parents? No, Jesus abolished the condemnation of immediate death for the breaking of God's law. Therefore, you are not condemned to immediate death, but have a lifetime to repent for breaking the Sababth Commandment, much like any other commandment. So, is this to say we are not punished for committing adultery, or not for dishounouring our parents. Those who do not repent shall be punished.

The 10 Commandments have not passed away. Not one jot or tittle has changed. So, why does the earth think it's been changed?

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The only reason this power THINKS to change the law of God, is because they cannot. No one can, no matter what words they use, it will never change the law of God.

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Abraham was found obeying the commandments. The Sabbath was purposely classed with the Moral law, the 10 commandments.

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Sabbath is mentioned 59 times in the NT. Never is sacredness detached from it. Sunday keeping is mentioned 8 times in it. Never is sacredness attached to it.

Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.