• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PRECISELY.

Thanks for finally admitting that He is one of the Twelve who cast out demons and healed the sick.
You've come a LONG way . . .

More word-smith. I am not admitting anything. I am telling you Judas was one of the twelve. Big revelation. You have no Scripture that says Judas cast out demons or healed the sick. The twelve as a group did.

Stranger

Jun 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My, my. No shortage of the greek word spinners. You want to see true repentance? (1 Thess. 1:9) "For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God."

Good to hear that you believe repentance is not works. The fact is it is a command - it is something we MUST do. In Mar_1:15, both "repent" and "believe" are Present Active Imperatives meaning that we are commanded to actively continue to repent and actively continue to believe in order to enter the kingdom of God.

My, my. No shortage of the greek word spinners. You want to see true repentance? (1 Thess. 1:9) "For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God."

This is true repentance. They turned to God.

They did not turn from idols to God. That would be a work. They turned to God from idols.

As for your word play, that is fine, if not twisted. However, as long as you tell people that they must repent in order to be saved as Luke 13:3 says, "I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

In one sense, regarding salvation, it does not matter what "repent" means. The fact is, Jesus said that we must continue to do it otherwise we will perish. If "repent" means to "eat an apple a day" then we must continue to eat an apple a day otherwise we will perish. This makes it obvious that salvation can be lost if we fail to continue to do whatever "repent" means.

Nice to see that you agree that people must repent in order to be saved.

God bless,
Mick

Jun 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not so.

Again, you misunderstand and misquote Paul. He did not say "if" being of the Spirit we then walk in the flesh - but rather, "if" we are of the Spirit, we have "put to death the deeds of the body" and therefore, we "are sons of God." He states the facts of those who "are led by the spirit of God."
Again, you misunderstand. When He said He was going to prepare a place for us, He said "if I go" not "when I go." He was not indicating a timeline, but a fact of His going - "today...you will be with me in paradise."

Paul was speaking to the brethren, v.12, those with the Spirit. If they walk according to the Spirit they will live, if the flesh they will die.

So, it is me who should be asking you: "Surely, you can see that "today" was that very day, and that Jesus told the truth." But you apparently do not see...but you speak as if you mean to correct me and Jesus both.

You have lost me there.

We seem to see things quite differently so why don't we give it away?

God bless,
Mick

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More word-smith. I am not admitting anything. I am telling you Judas was one of the twelve. Big revelation. You have no Scripture that says Judas cast out demons or healed the sick. The twelve as a group did.
Stranger
Stranger:
"Judas was one of the Twelve."
"The Twelve cast out demons and healed the sick."
"Judas was NOT one of the Twelve who did these things."

Bread of Life:
"What asinine logic . . . "

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
sorry to hijack here, but I do agree also. He showed me the example of The Prodigal Son. Just the same, we turn toward Him and He receives us with open arms, that is TRUE repentance. Us crying out 'sorry sorry sorry' every time we err, will only bring about a 'sin-consciousness', and that is a place of no power flow.....:)
Nicely put, because of this,
And, as I schooled your friend Stranger - we know when the devil entered Judas (Luke 22:3).
Before that - he cast out demons and healed the sick (Mark 6:7-13) .
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nicely put, because of this,

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
This is about people who lost their faith.
Work without faith are useless - and faith without works is worthless.

"I never knew YOU" does not mean they never had an epignosis of HIM.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
" because of something they did whenever that satisfied some other people's requirements for "salvation," right,
Wrong Jesus satisfied all the requirements. Far to many so called christians still standing there looking up at the cross when they should be on the other side.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

We die at the cross than He becomes the path we follow, no more looking up just looking at Him

Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

and

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was speaking to the brethren, v.12, those with the Spirit. If they walk according to the Spirit they will live, if the flesh they will die.

You have lost me there.

We seem to see things quite differently so why don't we give it away?

God bless,
Mick
Indeed. You continue to insist on your misunderstanding of the scriptures, not in context, and apparently the way you want to see things as opposed to the way they are written.

But there is no personal interpretation. So, yes, go as you will.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong Jesus satisfied all the requirements. Far to many so called christians still standing there looking up at the cross when they should be on the other side.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

We die at the cross than He becomes the path we follow, no more looking up just looking at Him

Joh_8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

and

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Uh, huh.
Explain
the following:

Col. 1:24
"Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church"

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to hear that you believe repentance is not works. The fact is it is a command - it is something we MUST do. In Mar_1:15, both "repent" and "believe" are Present Active Imperatives meaning that we are commanded to actively continue to repent and actively continue to believe in order to enter the kingdom of God.

As for your word play, that is fine, if not twisted. However, as long as you tell people that they must repent in order to be saved as Luke 13:3 says, "I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

In one sense, regarding salvation, it does not matter what "repent" means. The fact is, Jesus said that we must continue to do it otherwise we will perish. If "repent" means to "eat an apple a day" then we must continue to eat an apple a day otherwise we will perish. This makes it obvious that salvation can be lost if we fail to continue to do whatever "repent" means.

Nice to see that you agree that people must repent in order to be saved.

God bless,
Mick

You make no sense. You say it does not matter what repent means but you insist we must repent.

Repent doesn't mean eat an apple a day. Now what?

The unbeliever is not required to repent to be saved. He is required to believe. Repentance comes with belief.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger:
"Judas was one of the Twelve."
"The Twelve cast out demons and healed the sick."
"Judas was NOT one of the Twelve who did these things."

Bread of Life:
"What asinine logic . . . "

I didn't say Judas was not one of the twelve. You did. I said you have nothing to prove that Judas did these things.

Answer my post #$319

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make no sense. You say it does not matter what repent means but you insist we must repent.

The unbeliever is not required to repent to be saved. He is required to believe. Repentance comes with belief.

Stranger
WRONG.
An unbeliever is absolutely required to repent:

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "REPENTand be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3:19
REPENT, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Jun 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Stranger

I believe you completely understand what I said.

It is good to see that you finally understand the meaning and necessity of ongoing repentance. Remember to "have an apple a day" in order not to perish - Luke 13:3.

I think we should leave it at that ... after your final word, of course.

God bless,
Mick

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say Judas was not one of the twelve. You did. I said you have nothing to prove that Judas did these things.
Uhhhh, yes, you DID.

ALL of the Twelve were sent out as a group - and as a group, they healed the sick and cast out demons.
Your desperation here is really pathetic . . .
Answer my post #$319
Stranger
We absolutely become His Sheep by faith and Baptism.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
An unbeliever is absolutely required to repent:

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "REPENTand be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3:19
REPENT, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Please....this is to the nation of Israel. Not the Church. (Acts.2:22) (Acts 2:36) The nation of Israel was required to repent because they were the believing people of God. But they turned away from God.

Big difference.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you completely understand what I said.

It is good to see that you finally understand the meaning and necessity of ongoing repentance. Remember to "have an apple a day" in order not to perish - Luke 13:3.

I think we should leave it at that ... after your final word, of course.

God bless,
Mick

I understand that you make no sense.

I don't agree with your so called 'ongoing repentance'. It smells of legalism.

You can leave it at that if you want. It doesn't matter to me. I won't be roped into your legalism.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife

Playing games again. You didn't answer my post number 319. (John 10:26) says "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep"

This means we are his sheep before we believe.

Go ahead, play some more games instead of answering.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Col. 1:24
"Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church"
Oh so all His suffering on the Cross was not enough for Paul??? His praying till teh blood poured out His skin, being beating, being spat on, having a crown of thorns thrust on His head. having nails thrust through His hands and feet, being shoved up for all teh world to see, to make a spectacle of Him, the separation from God, because God could not look upon Him in His sinful state, His death, was not enough?? Seems so for far to many so called christians who want to add there 5c. As if they could somehow improve on Jesus.

Reactions: pia

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so all His suffering on the Cross was not enough for Paul??? His praying till teh blood poured out His skin, be beating, beign spat on, having a crown of thorns thrust on His head. having nails thrust through His hands and feet, being shoved up for all teh world to see, to make a spektacle of Hi, the seperation from God, because God could not look upon Him in His sinfull state, His death, was not enough?? Seems so for far to many so called christians who want to add there 5c. As if they could somehow improve on Jesus.
Ummm, I didn't ask for a rant - I asked you to EXPLAIN that verse.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please....this is to the nation of Israel. Not the Church. (Acts.2:22) (Acts 2:36) The nation of Israel was required to repent because they were the believing people of God. But they turned away from God.

Big difference.

Stranger
WRONG.
There were people from ALL over the world there that day at Pentecost - NOT just Israel.
Don't you EVER tire of being wrong??

Nice try, though . . .