• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

In which, as the salvation issues arose out of the Sardisean church age, the Lord Jesus also comments on the issue...

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. - Revelation 3:5

I would imagine the Lord Jesus saying, "If you overcome... Yes, the eternal security is yours!"

That is fine. I believe the seven churches speak to church ages also. But, that doesn't mean they were not literal churches with the very problems that John addressed.

And who is the overcomer? The same writer of Revelation said so earlier in his book of (1 John). (1 John 5:5) "Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? So yes, if you have placed faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, your eternal life is secure.

I am always amazed at how Christians take (Rev. 3:5) to mean God can blot their name out of His book of life, when Jesus said specifically, that he will 'not' blot their name out.

Stranger

Reactions: bbyrd009
Jun 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Eze 33:10-18

A better quote from Ezekiel which clearly shows salvation loss is - Eze 18:24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die.

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

In this passage, both the words "hear" and "follow" are Present Tense meaning that a sheep continues to hear and continues to follow. We all know that sheep that stop following the shepherd wander off and become lost.

If you believe you are fallen from the Grace of God in His Righteousness, then you were never there in the first place.

It is not possible to fall from Grace unless you have first been there.

But tell me how you interpret the parable that this thread is about - Luke 12:42-46?

God bless,
Mick

Jun 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Mick,

I agree with you. The only thing I would add is what it says in Matthew which is he who endures to the end shall be saved. That passage means that if you don't endure till the end you will loose your salvation.

Love Mary

Amen Mary. There are in fact a multitude of verses which clearly show the possibility of salvation loss.

God bless,
Mick

Jun 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I haven't been following the thread and was wondering if you posted any of those verses?

Only sporadically. I haven't listed all passages that I believe show salvation loss. As a matter of fact I don't even have such a list. I would have to quote off the top of my head and then I would miss a lot.

God bless,
Mick

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take Scripture literally unless it is very obvious that it is not to be taken literally. And just because something said deals with the miraculous or supernatural, is not a cause to discount it as literal. For example the book of Revelation. I take it literally. There is symbolic language used, and signs used but I take the book literally. And most times the meaning of the symbols will be found in the Bible.

Stranger

Agreed, speaking of Revelation, I'm sure everyone here is at least wise enough to know that there won't be a literal beast rising out of the sea and a dragon flying in the air.....I surely do hope so, but people never fail to disappoint.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #414. Reread.

Stranger
I already told you not to blame Jesus for YOUR lies.
Jesus never said that we become His Sheep prior to coming to Him in faith. That's your perversion - not His.

The only people you will get to agree with you on this erroneous point are those who believe in the false doctrine of Double Predestination - like the Calvinists do.

Just admit when you're wrong and move on . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already told you not to blame Jesus for YOUR lies.
Jesus never said that we become His Sheep prior to coming to Him in faith. That's your perversion - not His.

The only people you will get to agree with you on this erroneous point are those who believe in the false doctrine of Double Predestination - like the Calvinists do.

Just admit when you're wrong and move on . . .

I never said Jesus said we became his sheep prior to coming to Him in faith. I said we are His sheep prior to faith. More wordsmith from you. More deception.

Was Jesus lying when he said "ye believe not, because ye are not my sheep"?

Reread #414 again and try to pay more attention.

Stranger

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you assume that I'm ignorant and unlearned?
Because almost anything you say MAKES NO SENSE or matches with scripture.

I'm just saying....Call a duck a duck when it walks and talks like a duck.

It's ok Job. I hope to someday bring you to The Truth. :):):):)

Love Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Boy that would be a burn. But there are people out there that treat the bible like it's a little god.
imo est'd Christianity encourages the pov, and Scripture being Scripture, the concept is left ambiguous enough that one's heart may be revealed; but i don't know if that is a burn, necessarily. It is God~Breathed, after all. I thought the Book was the Word virtually my whole life. You prolly did too right?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, speaking of Revelation, I'm sure everyone here is at least wise enough to know that there won't be a literal beast rising out of the sea and a dragon flying in the air.....I surely do hope so, but people never fail to disappoint.

But, there will be a beast, though he is a man, arising out of the sea of nations. And the dragon, who is satan I believe, is not bound to earth by gravity. So should we be surprised if the dragon is in the air? Do I disappoint?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only sporadically. I haven't listed all passages that I believe show salvation loss. As a matter of fact I don't even have such a list. I would have to quote off the top of my head and then I would miss a lot.

God bless,
Mick

Just google a long list like everyone else does. Which I'm sure you will do. Long lists are impressive. Makes one appear...knowledgeable.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Just google a long list like everyone else does. Which I'm sure you will do. Long lists are impressive. Makes one appear...knowledgeable.

Stranger
bet i can match him 1:1 on contrasting verses too

ha and long lists can impart information, Stranger, why imply otherwise

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is fine. I believe the seven churches speak to church ages also. But, that doesn't mean they were not literal churches with the very problems that John addressed.

And who is the overcomer? The same writer of Revelation said so earlier in his book of (1 John). (1 John 5:5) "Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? So yes, if you have placed faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, your eternal life is secure.

I am always amazed at how Christians take (Rev. 3:5) to mean God can blot their name out of His book of life, when Jesus said specifically, that he will 'not' blot their name out.

Stranger

I believe that the Calvinist are saved, and part of the Christian church. I just think they took the doctrines on Salvation too far.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because almost anything you say MAKES NO SENSE or matches with scripture.

That's because you have absolute zero understanding. All you know how to do is talk smack. Your haughty pious attitude is an insult to the very Word you proclaim.

You're right however. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

None of your ducks are in a row Mary.

o