Salvation/Sin/Death/Hell/Satan-Demons

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can understand the full extent of Your sovereign plan.
No one can comprehend the good and evil that You send.
Your dominion is an eternal dominion,
You do what You want, you don't ask our opinion.
Your dominion is an eternal dominion,
You do as You please, You don't need our permission! - Truman Coates

Thank you for sharing. It would be agreed upon with me on those first two lines @Truman the Levite : God can not be comprehended.

Reactions: Truman

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are OUTSIDE and their end is near

I do not see the end is near for them in Revelation 22, but if that is something you believe you have the complete freedom to do so.

It is always possible for me to be wrong and will be responsible to God for everything that is done in my life and said in my life as well.

With love in Christ,

Matthew Gallagher.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see the end is near for them in Revelation 22, but if that is something you believe you have the complete freedom to do so.

It is always possible for me to be wrong and will be responsible to God for everything that is done in my life and said in my life as well.

You don't seem to "see" much of anything and I believe that's a deliberate act because it conflicts with your world view.

But its possible for me to be wrong on that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you say that is not good enough for Man?

Or not good enough for God to have removed sin because of the death of His Son?
I don't know what you mean here. Jesus' death was completely efficacious for our redemption. But we must receive Jesus, receive this reconciliation.

Do agree with you that God does desire for us to look towards Him to be born again of course.
Now God commands men everywhere to repent.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have been a few people that have come across in my life that have expressed that God is not able to be comprehended. You can have a limited knowledge of understanding from what is presented in the bible and a lot of the bible in context is dealing with the Nation Israel and the Children of Israel ; relating to the 12 tribes of who was it Isacc? I can not remember.

To me my hope is to be able to do something after this life and that would be to serve God and be able to go help other people out there in the darkness. That is just my hope in general because do not desire to completely do nothing when going into heaven and being with God; desiring to do something for God seems important for anyone who loves God, and loves other people in my opinion.

It depends on the person. It also depends on your idea of what your going to be going into after this life as well which my idea itself relates to everything is spiritual ; all people receive a spiritual body; good or bad. Because God is going to gift everyone with one now because of the Victory of Christ Jesus.

That separation of Darkness and Light which was in the Beginning still seems to be there at the very end with some having faith and going into the light, and some desiring to have no faith at all and going into the darkness, and there has to be something God would let me able to do in going out there to help them or something it would be a joy to be there too and see all the people in life that were of faith even in my family, and friends met here on earth you know and socializing some and overall sense of relief from no longer having any pain, or tears, while traversing this life.

What a wonderous joy it would be to experience and be with God and be thankful, with joy, and also just something else to go do as well like help those in the darkness.

Not so sure about everyone else but this right here is my hope and expectation even if others may not have the same opinion.

Thank you for commenting and sharing, Truman, and to each and everyone else that has joined and shared to regardless of your own personal view when it comes down to the bible.

God is not a respecter of person the bible says so everyone as an equal level when it comes to God.

You each are still loved by God and the Lord Jesus Christ and they very much care for you. God doesn't just care about us too but also EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. How awesome is that.

With love in Christ,
Matthew G.

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another question for you,

What about the dogs, Murders, liars, why do they all seem to be in the Heavenly Realm and are outside the gate, who are all of those people? Why are they there?

Revelation 22:14-15 KJV
14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Revelation 21:8 KJV
8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 21:24-27 KJV
24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

I suggest that "without" is not "just outside the holy city", rather, further outside than that.

Those who eat from the tree of life enter the city, and the nations of them which are saved walk in it's light.

These others, are outside of this, they have their part in the lake of fire.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Marks,

You are right, that part is just simply a part and not forever; thank God.

They will lose something but they may remain outside the city for as long as they desire in my view @marks; thank you so much for sharing.

With love in Christ,
Matthew G.

My hope is to go out there to help them,

Philippians 2:10-11
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a respecter of person the bible says so everyone as an equal level when it comes to God.

Actually that's incorrect, there are many people God singled out for his own purpose in preference and others he hated.

You each are still loved by God and the Lord Jesus Christ and they very much care for you. God doesn't just care about us too but also EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. How awesome is that.

What about the races he commanded Israel to destroy in the OT and those who will be destroyed in the lake of fire? How far did that care go other than just a general concern?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right, that part is just simply a part and not forever;
That's not what I'm saying. I don't see anything in the Bible to tell us the sufferings of the lake of fire are any less forever than our life with God in Christ.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @An Apologetic Sheepdog

Oh yes, it is true; God did use the Nation of Israel for His purpose but God did not respect them more because of that. If you suggest otherwise it would be going against scripture: (He did make a promise to Abram - and did keep it ~ To all the people of Israel ~ and the Wrath of God was poured out on the Materially in Ad70.)

Romans 2:11-16
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Either God is an respecter of persons or He is not. What would you consider with these scriptures?

With love in Christ,
Matthew G.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what I'm saying. I don't see anything in the Bible to tell us the sufferings of the lake of fire are any less forever than our life with God in Christ.

Much love!

Marks you are right! It is what the bible says my friend.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their

part

in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

To me this fire; is from God and it rubs away what may be left over in a person. It was is considered to me to be a loss of the person who made the choice to reject having faith in God and that is why they are in the outside of the city because it is an almost just like Revelation 22 if you put it together.

(I believe they end up outside the city living in Darkness but to come into the Kingdom is to experience a loss on that part because of the Eternal Fire of God Himself).

With love in Christ,

Matthew G.

Reactions: marks

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either God is an respecter of persons or He is not. What would you consider with these scriptures?

I consider what it says and nothing more. No "title" or accolade of man impresses God. ( as if an "emperor" had some special favor a peasant didn't).
Nowhere does that mean God doesn't have preferences, recognizes merit ( or bad conduct) or has special interests.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright, thank you for answering, An Apologetic Sheepdog it is nice to hear some of your responses, thank you for taking some time do so, it was appreciated.

With everyone here really, going to get off here now for a little while, and you all have a good day.

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their

part

To me this fire; is from God and it rubs away what may be left over in a person. It was is considered to me to be a loss of the person who made the choice to reject having faith in God and that is why they are in the outside of the city because it is an almost just like Revelation 22 if you put it together.

(I believe they end up outside the city living in Darkness but to come into the Kingdom is to experience a loss on that part because of the Eternal Fire of God Himself).

With love in Christ,

Matthew G.
I believe it's the fire that's eternal. I recall the day the Lord sent me searching with my bible and concordance for an end that showed me the difference between the punishment of eternal fire and the eternal punishment of fire. I believe people perish, cease to exist. Angels are not people; as they are spirits of fire, for all I know, the lake of fire for them is like a bubble bath. Then there is the book of Enoch, I think it is, that has the angels in the fire for a limited time. Though I'm fine with others disagreeing with me on this. God has the final word.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it's the fire that's eternal. I recall the day the Lord sent me searching with my bible and concordance for an end that showed me the difference between the punishment of eternal fire and the eternal punishment of fire. I believe people perish, cease to exist.

I've done the same search. This is one passage that seems to me to allow no other explanation than that they who are in the lake of fire are tormented endlessly.

Revelation 14:11 KJV
11) And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

part

With love in Christ,

Matthew G.
One of my most dear promises in the Bible is that our God is a consuming fire. Consume all my dross!

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The smoke, not the torment, ascends forever. There is a difference. Day and night are not forever, are they?
It's been some time, but I used to look into the original language, etymology, etc., and learned that some things are not as cut and dry as I was led to believe.
God is all wise, knowing, capable, and beyond my comprehension. At the same time, I know He fully accepts me through Christ, knows my name, enjoys my company, likes me, and thinks I'm funny.
Some think that if I believe I have this kind of a relationship with Him, I must have a brain aneurism. But I've spent years almost completely alone with Him. Pain has propelled me to find Him. To get "in deep" with Him. I know Him.
I don't believe He would've made billions of people, knowing that so many would suffer eternally. He's better than that!

Reactions: MatthewG

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've done the same search. This is one passage that seems to me to allow no other explanation than that they who are in the lake of fire are tormented endlessly.

Revelation 14:11 KJV
11) And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Actually, its the SMOKE and the act of ascending thats forever.

The thing is Revelation specifically is written in poetic prose and metaphorically so a literal translation is ill advised. It must be taken in conjunction with the theme of all related scripture in context and application.

Reactions: MatthewG and Truman