Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The law of God...but I get your drift.

Yes. The dog returns to its vomit and the pig to its mud. And they call it grace.

Amen.

The law is a measuring stick to measure what we are doing. The law has no power to fulfill itself. Like a voltage meter. Now a voltmeter has no power...but it reads when there IS power. So then grace can be measured by the law, because it fulfills the law.

Well by then it will be too late. They refused knowledge and correction..so God will reject them.

And technology. But yes, we have gone backward spiritually.

It takes a concerted effort in the flesh to ignore the warnings of the bible. And a lot of indoctrination.

Good post...for the most part. A little too much emphasis on law...but the law of God IS being thrown out.
You wrote, "The dog returns to its vomit and the pig to its mud. And they call it grace."

amen. Couldn't have worded it better myself. In fact, I believe I'll use this allusion in the future.

You wrote, "The law is a measuring stick to measure what we are doing. The law has no power to fulfill itself."

Quite true because the LAW of Moses isn't a sacrifice for SIN. It says we need one, but isn't one itself. Therefore the LAW cannot save.

I was saved when I was very young. Today I'm quite old. In the years between I've seen many many pastors priests and pew sitters alike who ignored the LAW and lived as they chose - using demonic grace to justify their licentiousness. All of them destroyed their reputation, their families, their finances and their self-respect. Some of them died before their time. A few of them, very few, repented of their wickedness and slowly gradually rebuilt something of a decent life. BUT THE SCARS REMAIN UNHEALED. They live now as old folks and their regrets for what they did haunts them every day of their life. Jesus never abandoned them and Jesus forgave them, but the wounds they inflicted upon themselves and others remain for the most part an open sore.

Young fools there are in the post-modern church today who wickedly deny the LAW and all its benefits, which are not limited to justification before the Lord. I can't seem to get past the sacrifice for SIN in their eyes.

You wrote, "It takes a concerted effort in the flesh to ignore the warnings of the bible. And a lot of indoctrination."

I too believe that the overwhelming majority of manipulation and indoctrination in our churches is hammered into the congregations constantly and consistently. This is done simply because it sell$. I sat in a congregation once where the man up front proudly declared, "I speak happy talk to fill seats." Nobody seemed to be shocked at his statement. In my hearing one Sunday I heard a Baptist preacher, who was also the Dean of the local Bible college, end his sermon on grace by advocating, "go out and SIN this week that grace may abound." I ran, not walked, out of that church into the parking lot - drove home and never went back.

You wrote, "A little too much emphasis on law...but the law of God IS being thrown out."

I am deliberate on my emphasis and over-emphasis of the LAW. I wonder sometimes if I've written with too much of a light touch. The absolute lack of attestation to God's Holy LAW is abysmal and an abject betrayal of both gospel and the Most High who has blessed us greatly in the Grace He has shown in giving us His LAW.

I believe one must hammer upon the subject over and over again until the disciples of licentiousness either 'get it' or shut me down. Mostly I have suffered the latter. People do not want to hear anything about the Bible or morality. Want to start a heated argument that'll get you tossed out of the room? Bring up the subject of morality. It's a four letter word these days and NOBODY wants to talk about it. Nobody gives a damn about God, nobody. It's always about Church Tradition in one form or another. Arguments abound about inconsequential matters with none of them addressing the heart of two of God's greatest gifts; the LAW and the Second Birth, which is based upon fulfillment of the LAW. The church has established its own empty traditions which, like the Jews before them, are of no value at all in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Your post is very welcome - there are so few like it these days. Thank you for posting.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote, "The dog returns to its vomit and the pig to its mud. And they call it grace."

amen. Couldn't have worded it better myself. In fact, I believe I'll use this allusion in the future.
A dog returns to vomit, because he is a dog.

A child born again into God is a new creature. They will not return to his vomit, because they are no longer dogs.

So understand the context before you make the same mistake he made.

You wrote, "The law is a measuring stick to measure what we are doing. The law has no power to fulfill itself."
Quite true because the LAW of Moses isn't a sacrifice for SIN. It says we need one, but isn't one itself. Therefore the LAW cannot save.

I was saved when I was very young. Today I'm quite old. In the years between I've seen many many pastors priests and pew sitters alike who ignored the LAW and lived as they chose - using demonic grace to justify their licentiousness. All of them destroyed their reputation, their families, their finances and their self-respect. Some of them died before their time. A few of them, very few, repented of their wickedness and slowly gradually rebuilt something of a decent life. BUT THE SCARS REMAIN UNHEALED. They live now as old folks and their regrets for what they did haunts them every day of their life. Jesus never abandoned them and Jesus forgave them, but the wounds they inflicted upon themselves and others remain for the most part an open sore.

Young fools there are in the post-modern church today who wickedly deny the LAW and all its benefits, which are not limited to justification before the Lord. I can't seem to get past the sacrifice for SIN in their eyes.
The problem is the law was given to convict of sin. And as he is right it is a measuring stick. It shows that we are all sinners.

One who looks to the law and thinks he is not a sinner, according to the law does not see the law for what it is

The problem with those churches is they do not teach Christ. They do not teach love.

You wrote, "It takes a concerted effort in the flesh to ignore the warnings of the bible. And a lot of indoctrination."

I too believe that the overwhelming majority of manipulation and indoctrination in our churches is hammered into the congregations constantly and consistently. This is done simply because it sell$. I sat in a congregation once where the man up front proudly declared, "I speak happy talk to fill seats." Nobody seemed to be shocked at his statement. In my hearing one Sunday I heard a Baptist preacher, who was also the Dean of the local Bible college, end his sermon on grace by advocating, "go out and SIN this week that grace may abound." I ran, not walked, out of that church into the parking lot - drove home and never went back.
as you should walk out of that church. Any church that teaches that is not a true church. They would be a licerntious church

we just have to be careful not to turn to legalism, because a legalistic church is no better than a licentious church.
You wrote, "A little too much emphasis on law...but the law of God IS being thrown out."

I am deliberate on my emphasis and over-emphasis of the LAW. I wonder sometimes if I've written with too much of a light touch. The absolute lack of attestation to God's Holy LAW is abysmal and an abject betrayal of both gospel and the Most High who has blessed us greatly in the Grace He has shown in giving us His LAW.
The law is a tutor to lead us to christ.

Do you still need to be led to Christ?
I believe one must hammer upon the subject over and over again until the disciples of licentiousness either 'get it' or shut me down. Mostly I have suffered the latter. People do not want to hear anything about the Bible or morality. Want to start a heated argument that'll get you tossed out of the room? Bring up the subject of morality. It's a four letter word these days and NOBODY wants to talk about it. Nobody gives a damn about God, nobody. It's always about Church Tradition in one form or another. Arguments abound about inconsequential matters with none of them addressing the heart of two of God's greatest gifts; the LAW and the Second Birth, which is based upon fulfillment of the LAW. The church has established its own empty traditions which, like the Jews before them, are of no value at all in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Your post is very welcome - there are so few like it these days. Thank you for posting.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Your not going to defeat licentiousness by pushing the law..

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God simply says a man has done the right thing to trust Him. That’s it. It has nothing to do with placing His righteousness onto the man.
Since you still have no idea about justification by grace through faith and imputed righteousness, kindly take a good long time to sit down with the books of Romans and Galatians and read, study, and digest what God has revealed to men. The New Testament is the Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A dog returns to vomit, because he is a dog.

A child born again into God is a new creature. They will not return to his vomit, because they are no longer dogs.

So understand the context before you make the same mistake he made.

You are not understanding what the bible is speaking about. The context is those who become religious...relying on carnal reasoning rather than Christ. You are unwilling to be honest about your own condition....because you underestimate the depth of the truth
The problem is the law was given to convict of sin. And as he is right it is a measuring stick. It shows that we are all sinners.

Or....that we are walking in resurrection power and life. You aren't speaking here as a believer. The law JUSTIFIES those who walk in the power of Christ...because they are walking as He walked.
One who looks to the law and thinks he is not a sinner, according to the law does not see the law for what it is

The problem with those churches is they do not teach Christ. They do not teach love.

Sure they do...love of the flesh. What they don't teach is truth.
as you should walk out of that church. Any church that teaches that is not a true church. They would be a licerntious church

we just have to be careful not to turn to legalism, because a legalistic church is no better than a licentious church.

The law is a tutor to lead us to christ.

Yes.
Do you still need to be led to Christ?

Your not going to defeat licentiousness by pushing the law..
Neither are you going to defeat that by ignoring the law. A rebel is a rebel. But the righteous follow the law.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of these are fleshy just the same. Self sacrifice in love. By love serve one another. All that matters is faith expressed through love.

Trying to measure yourself according to Law is to put yourself in the place of the unregenerate.

Romans 7:1-4 KJV
1) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

It makes you like a cheating spouse, stepping out on your 2nd husband Jesus, to two-time with your ex-husband Mr. Law.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you still have no idea about justification by grace through faith and imputed righteousness, kindly take a good long time to sit down with the books of Romans and Galatians and read, study, and digest what God has revealed to men. The New Testament is the Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16,17)
I think a word study on logidzomai - impute/reckon - would be meaningful.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of these are fleshy just the same. Self sacrifice in love. By love serve one another. All that matters is faith expressed through love.

Trying to measure yourself according to Law is to put yourself in the place of the unregenerate.

Romans 7:1-4 KJV
1) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

It makes you like a cheating spouse, stepping out on your 2nd husband Jesus, to two-time with your ex-husband Mr. Law.

Much love!
All we can do is share the issue

Yea there are licentious churches. But you don’t counter licentiousness with Legalism. You counter it with love and grace.

People want to deny there is legalism. And others want to deny their is licentiousness.

Both are rooted in pride

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since you don't understand spiritual things at all...you should go back to the OT to see what imputation really is. It certainly is NOT what you think it is.

Don't trust red neck fundamentalism to interpret the bible for you...go actually and see what God says about it.

The Hebrew word is chashav: חשב It means to consider, calculate..and is used in Modern Hebrew to mean an accountant or arithmetic.

A dishonest accountant goes to jail. God is NOT dishonest. And He knows how to calculate things better than anyone. It has to be actual arithmetic. It has to be honest and real...not supposed or imagined.

Your god is dishonest because you say he imputes his own righteousness to you. That's not the real God. It's impossible because only God is as righteous as God. And you are the ones doing the imputing...based on a make-believe idea about a god that justifies you for your beliefs about him.

The real God imputed righteousness to Abraham because of his faith. Abraham's faith. Abraham's righteousness. Not God's righteousness...just righteousness..as we read throughout the OT.

So you have added error upon error and sin to sin.

Repent of this foolishness..and go to the cross. Believe in the gospel and surrender your outer man religious fundamentalism...which is based on a dead Jesus. Jesus is alive...go to Him and take on a living faith instead of a dead religion.

But do it soon...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is that your new kick now? Do you see the fleshiness of this kind of speech?

Much love!
I see it in the confederate flags you all venerate. I see it in the hypocrisy...the false doctrines...the virtue signalling...the faux love.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see through your virtue signalling. Does that make me wrong? Or just unaffiliated? At least not affiliated with anything you would understand.
I am just doing what you claim you do. And rebuke a person who claims to be of christ. Yet spews racist remarks..

Its not about me and you Its about what you did.

You can confess and repent and we can move on, Or you can continue to deny you did anything wrong. And people will hold you accountable.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am just doing what you claim you do. And rebuke a person who claims to be of christ. Yet spews racist remarks..

I'm calling it out. Because you see things backward I will explain this...I am a witness to a crime here. The witness is not the criminal... the witness is attesting to what is going on. I see racism in fundamentalism...and I call it out.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm calling it out. Because you see things backward I will explain this...I am a witness to a crime here. The witness is not the criminal... the witness is attesting to what is going on. I see racism in fundamentalism...and I call it out.
I did not see anythign backwards,

You made multiple racist remarks.

Own up to them my friend.. confess and repent. All will be forgiven and we can move on.

or show people your true self.